ultimate Pit-runner

red_draak

Sep 25, 2003
ultimate Pit-runner

Hi Guys,

what would be in your eyes the ultimate pit runner...

i tried a Light Javazon, she did nicely but not super... i tried a MeteOrb Sorcy, also nice, but not super... any ideas?

-red_draak

It seems to me that the more popular choices are the hammerdin, the meteororb sorc you made, skellimancers, and wind druids. But I am sure many people have run the Pit with all kinds of characters successfully...

Hmm, I think there is no any "godly" Pit runner, every build have some flaws. Javazon is good, but those archers are pain...Meteorb sorc is good too, but again those archers are dangerous. Melee chars would be good, but they can't wear so much MF safely. Necro could wear very much MF but on /players 8 his killing speed is too slow. I don't know about Hammerdin yet, but I guess those archers will kill him quite easily with nasty mods.

From the builds I have played I would choose Meteorb sorc

Of course it depends on your gear, if you can make melee char who can survive and wear high MF, maybe that would be the best choice

My Strafer/Multi/Fury Zon does the job easy. Fury everything, Strafe or Multi the LI. When i feel like using my Tele ammie i do the runs in ~2-3 minutes. With a good map offcource..

ULTIMATER said:
My Strafer/Multi/Fury Zon does the job easy. Fury everything, Strafe or Multi the LI. When i feel like using my Tele ammie i do the runs in ~2-3 minutes. With a good map offcource..

:eek:

How much you wear MF on her? My pure javazon had ~350% and was in serious troubles against LI. My sorc can wear 500% MF without having too bad troubles.

And do you kill boss packs only?? I kill everything?

I kill everything, she packs 650-700MF with charms. She is lvl 99 with a 98 merc. Merc uses Reapers, upgraded Gaze and Upgraded Shaft so he never, ever dies..

Her equipment is:

Ptopaz Shako
Tele ammie or 35MF ammie
Burri / Titans Rhyme
PTopaz Skullder
Chancies
Travs
Upgraded Goldwrap
2 x Nagels

Gheeds, 7-6mfsc.
2x8 spaces for items.

Damage on strafe with Might is 2.3k - 3k roughly..
Life: ~700
Mana: ~300

Never died in the Pit, can do the runs half a sleep :lol:

with white_fox i think i do full clears running at /players 8 in about 6 min

but thats thanks to 12k damage and as i run eldrich-shrenk-the pit and sometimes baal it takes more time

wear about 250%mf if i dont swap to dual isted ali baba making my mf% go up to about 399%

I don't know who the best is but I use a zealot and have no problem in the pits at players 8.

As for MF, I think most people don't use their merc at his full potential. Put a shako and a skulder's Ire on him and give him a wepon like a headstriker (Deadly strike) and you add another 200 or so Mf by leting him deliver the last blow on bosses.

It takes a little longer to do that, but the results are worth it. Keep in mind that when he's delivering the last blow, switch to your Ali Babba and you get even more MF.

Takis (El_Greco)

Hi,

If you are pushing your merc for mf, try to get a Tomb Reaver. The build in 50%/80% mf combined with 1/3 sockets can give a mayor boost to his MF.

Randall

my hammerdin does the pits in players 8 without any problem no matter what he encounters there...

If Might/Fanatism combo of two archer boss packs with one of them having multi shot also, wasn't enough to kill him, then nothing is :teeth:

Well I have lvl 99 Burizon from 1.09. I tried to give her much MF gear and run Pit, but a single arrow killed her there. She has about 650 life and all resists are -60-70...they weren't that important in 1.09 :lol:

I like my Meteorb sorc there, but I prefer WSK runs with her. I don't know how my hammerdin will survive there, I will know that after couple of days.

LprMan said:
Well I have lvl 99 Burizon from 1.09. I tried to give her much MF gear and run Pit, but a single arrow killed her there. She has about 650 life and all resists are -60-70...they weren't that important in 1.09 :lol:

I like my Meteorb sorc there, but I prefer WSK runs with her. I don't know how my hammerdin will survive there, I will know that after couple of days.
what gear does your hammewrdin uses??

mine is equiped with

helm harlyes
ammy maras
armour chains of honor
belt archnid
ring 1 raven
ring 2 soj
gloves magefist
boots war travlers
weapon1 heart ofd the oak flair
shield1 HOZ
weapon2 dual ist ali baba
shield2 HOZ

and some 7%,6%,5%,4%mf charms and gheeds

most inv is taken up by lion branded charms to up my damage to 12k (displayed that is) for a better view of your damage take the min damage of blessed hammer and multiply it with the half amount of ed you get from concentration.

He is lvl 58 atm, doing almost 4k dam

His gear will be:

Harly
Seraph Hymn/Mara's
HotO flail
skin of the Vipermagi/Skullder
HoZ
Frosty/Chancies
Arachnid
Travs
2x BK ring

4x combat skillers/MF sc's/mana/life charms

LprMan said:
He is lvl 58 atm, doing almost 4k dam

His gear will be:

Harly
Seraph Hymn/Mara's
HotO flail
skin of the Vipermagi/Skullder
HoZ
Frosty/Chancies
Arachnid
Travs
2x BK ring

4x combat skillers/MF sc's/mana/life charms
looks like a good plan. just dont get hit by to much cold as it will slow your moment even trough it wont affect your hammers.

if you choose the chancies as gloves i think you fail a break point. but i dont know them all that well so check it up.

your equipment looks great and will surely give you alot of mf% and great damage with only one monster can be immune too.

and your merc should be able to handle them on the quest

Yeah, I know he will be quite powerful :)

I have planned my merc will use Tomb Reaver, Tal's armor and Crown of Thieves for leech. Mainly I build him to run CS and RoF, but Pit is maybe as good too :)

LprMan said:
Yeah, I know he will be quite powerful :)

I have planned my merc will use Tomb Reaver, Tal's armor and Crown of Thieves for leech. Mainly I build him to run CS and RoF, but Pit is maybe as good too :)
well the pit is very easy at players 8 for me and i dont even use enigma;)

basicly you run to a crowd of meele monsters and spam hammers then watch them die.

for rnaged attackers you can either spam a hammer field and then let them chase you into the hammer field or just run up into their faces and spam them to death.

note try to have max res at all times and a high def. my level 31 holy shield helps with this.

hope you will report back to us hiow he manages the pit later.

and someday i hope to get into a game with 3 hammerdins and some other high damaging crowd controll chars.

that would be intresting

I would think a CL/ORB sorc would do rather good. No?

On a side note, If you have a strafer or a freezing arrouw zon, you should skip running the pit, and go go maggots liar =D. I dont think i need to explain why...

my lvl 90 zealot with a Botd zerker axe does REALLY well, i wonder why :scratch:

but i think a hammerdin or a winddruid with some uber equip (CoH, enigma, HotO flail etc)would do the job the best...

robin

Andrew said:
I would think a CL/ORB sorc would do rather good. No?

On a side note, If you have a strafer or a freezing arrouw zon, you should skip running the pit, and go go maggots liar =D. I dont think i need to explain why...

I think you should explain why, IIRC its only lvl3 that is a 85area. Alot of time wasted IMO. With Enigma its maybe doable, but not everyone have one. Recharging a 25 Charge teleammie costs 80k.. If you dont have a VERY good map you may have to recharge it twice per run to get down too lvl3..

Strafe works very good down there, but its not enough to skip the Pits.

My 0.346 Norwegian kroner.

a reason why the pit is good:D

M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 207
Durability: 11 of 20
Required Level: 64
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xb12b4dfd
+25 to Mana