These Stickies are Made for Reading Thread - Summer 2007 i

Thats why you shouldn't play those sort of games. (really big ones) For instance, I still enjoy Age of Empires2. That game is 256 mb.
Could you write up a huge Pro/Con thing about Wow? Since I have the new computer and all I might as well give it a go.

ZOMGZORS.

I love Starflight, it's 640k.

Almost half way to level eight now. :grin: So far, it reminds me a lot of Guild Wars and Runescape. Although I am finding it easier to understand than Guild Wars, and it's not as slow as Runescape. Definately more interesting that both of them for sure. I can see why people would play it over *crowbar swings*, but I don't think there is anything that can come close to what it really is as far as gaming goes. It is unique in itself. :grin:

theres lots of choices to make for customizing your characters, so it has the replayability like diablo did with the multitudes of different builds to try, except that you can pay gold to have your talents reset so you dont have to keep making new characters

You start getting your talent points at level 10. Always, always log out of the game from an inn or inside a major city, so you can earn rest. The more rested you are, the faster you will level, because your kills will give a rest exp bonus.

Yeah, I already figured that part out. I stopped playing last night after I hit level ten, but now I'll have to start thinking about a profession. I'll see what I can find about those this afternoon. I didn't even want to stop playing, but it was getting late and I had to be up early for work this morning. :azn:

Lolz.

You're now in the level range of my 12 mage, he's in SW City. Names Fredweasley. If I'm on tonight I'll look you up. I also have a priest a but below your level and a rogue a few levels above you.

If you're a mage, your best friend at this point is conjured water and food, buffs come second.

I got all the skills from the person in the library at the Abbey before heading to Goldshire. Will he have more as I get higher levels, or do I get the higher level skills from someone else?

I have conjure water and conjure food, but I haven't had to use them yet. I still have the food and water I looted from my kills.

Forget the food and water you get from kills.

As a mage you can make your own, so first thing you do on logging in next time and every time is to create a stack or three of water, this replenishes your mana, just like the spring water you buy. Conjure food (sweetrolls, I think) and use that to eat between fights. Conjured food and drink items vanish if you stay logged out for more than 15 minutes. For the cost of some mana, you don't have to spend money on food. Tip: you can both eat and drink at the same time.

As far as skills go, you learn new ones or higher versions of older ones at every even level. Your class trainers are everywhere almost, on Northshire Abbey, Library; In Goldshire, Inn second floor; and in SW City, Mage Quarter at the top of the tower.

Just ask a guard for directions.

As far as professions go, absolutely learn all three secondary ones, those are First Aid, Cooking, and Fishing.

As a mage you might want Tailoring/Enchanting ..but you won't be able to make full use of them in a trial version, nor can you use the auction house while running trial.

At your level you should have the Arcane Intellect buff available as well as (I forget the exact name) Frost armor or something like that. Cast both on yourself at all times, and cast the intellect buff on any Pally, mage, priest, shammy, lock you see. Most people with buff abilities freely cast on others. It's a good way to make friends.

I'll have to stop by the Inn in Goldshire then, for the skills. I haven't bought food or water, I get plenty from the kills. I haven't tried to use the skills for it yet. I have the Arcane Intellect and the Frost Armor thing. I use the armor often, but haven't used the other yet. A couple of people had cast something on me, but I didn't get an answer what it was when I asked. I'll have to assign the Arcane Intellect to a slot then, so I can start using it.

For the professions, I was leaning towards Tailoring anyway and had wondered if it was possible to learn all of the secondary professions or not. I haven't done any reading on it yet. That was going to be my next stop. :grin:

You might be getting a Fort (Fortitude) buff from a priest, this pumps stamina and inturn raises your current max life until the buff wears off. The icon looks like a blue diamond on a white background. Druids also give buffs, these are usually towards healing in some form and also nature effects, like the thorns buff which damages people that hit you for a certain ammount. If you see might casted on you (fist like icon) it's really useless to Mages, as your primary attack are spell oriented. Most classes have buffs to give, but some can only be casted on someone in the caster's party - like the warrior's Commanding Sout (increases all stats) and the Warrior's Battle Shouts.

Some of the food you get off of kills is not edible, it's raw meat used in the cooking profession, if you can't eat it (it will say restores x health over x time if you can eat it) then sell it.

Like Ash said, you can learn all three secondary ones and two primary ones per character.

You might be getting a Fort (Fortitude) buff from a priest, this pumps stamina and inturn raises your current max life until the buff wears off. The icon looks like a blue diamond on a white background. Druids also give buffs, these are usually towards healing in some form and also nature effects, like the thorns buff which damages people that hit you for a certain ammount. If you see might casted on you (fist like icon) it's really useless to Mages, as your primary attack are spell oriented. Most classes have buffs to give, but some can only be casted on someone in the caster's party - like the warrior's Commanding Sout (increases all stats) and the Warrior's Battle Shouts.
If I remember correctly, one looked like a paw print, and another was the blue diamond. I tried to cast my cold armor thing on Ash a couple of times, but it seems that one is only for me. Unless I was doing it wrong.
Some of the food you get off of kills is not edible, it's raw meat used in the cooking profession, if you can't eat it (it will say restores x health over x time if you can eat it) then sell it.
I noticed that, and always just sell it.
Like Ash said, you can learn all three secondary ones and two primary ones per character.
Two primary ones at the same time, or at different times? Bah, I should just go read about them. I was going to do that anyway before I started playing today.

DO EET MEMEMEME!!!!

Oh and ASh what server are you 58 on?

Lynn - you can do emotes and stuff too.

You can target people (or not) and do: /point /laugh /lol /beg /flirt /train /hungry /chicken /silly (silly tells a random joke)
There is also a list of emotes in your chat box, just click on the word bubble to bring up the menu. You can also do /e <enter> and make a custom emote

Oh, and in your chat box and combat text box, you can unlock these windows and pull the two windows apart, right click on the tab that has the name of the box (combat , etc.) and select unlock windows.

I'm off work - laterz.

DO EET MEMEMEME!!!!

Oh and ASh what server are you 58 on?

Lynn - you can do emotes and stuff too.

You can target people (or not) and do: /point /laugh /lol /beg /flirt /train /hungry /chicken /silly (silly tells a random joke)
There is also a list of emotes in your chat box, just click on the word bubble to bring up the menu. You can also do /e <enter> and make a custom emote

Oh, and in your chat box and combat text box, you can unlock these windows and pull the two windows apart, right click on the tab that has the name of the box (combat , etc.) and select unlock windows.

I'm off work - laterz.

Well, I'm Horde on Spirestone so I wouldn't be playing with y'all anyway. Unless I started a new character *pensive smiley*

I already discovered the emotes, but I didn't know you could seperate those two windows.
I'm off work - laterz.
That means we wont see him again until tomorrow. :azn: Party time!!! Who's got the Pepsi?! :jig:

I'm on executus

I think I accidentally cast blessing of might on you

and the ice armor skill is an apply to caster skill, so it only works on you, but arcane intellect is an apply to target skill so it will give intellect to any friendly target

There were a couple of other's I had cast on me, but I don't remember what the icons looked like.

I just finished going through the FAQ for the different Professions, and it looks like Tailoring/Enchantment would be the best combination for my Mage. I'll start working on training for those tonight, as well as getting the higher level skills in Goldshire. Other than that, just a bit of questing/leveling for now. I didn't find the two guys the guard was looking for last night, unless I walked right past them without noticing. :tongue:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High