The wonderful what are you listening to thread

I'm not a Rammstein fan, but this video is disturbingly close to what I feel about my fatherland, for good and for bad. All Rammstein songs pale in comparison to this.

For heaven's sake, who is this awesome black Germania? She suits so well with the gold and red!

Judas Priest.

The best live performance of (to my taste) the best Metallica song:

I'm a chronic insomniac and the beer flu has exacerbated that. Fortunately, gas is dirt cheap so instead of tossing, turning and bitching all night, I go cruising until I'm worn out or the sun rises. Of course, a 2am drive to nowhere isn't complete without a good soundtrack. Enjoy.

Video features Donald Sutherland.

Dug these classics out again! A couple of well underrated and forgotten bands.

Last edited:

Like being on drugs without having taken any!

I'm a chronic insomniac and the beer flu has exacerbated that. Fortunately, gas is dirt cheap so instead of tossing, turning and bitching all night, I go cruising until I'm worn out or the sun rises. Of course, a 2am drive to nowhere isn't complete without a good soundtrack. Enjoy.
Excellent choices, particularly Dobie Gray.

It's Mothers' Day so I don't have control of the household - wait, I never do anyway - but the missus strangely was playing some things I appreciate as well:

Love that Edith Piaf performance.

"I regret nothing!"

To my taste, this is one of the few cover songs that's greater than the original song... to my taste!

Well, well, well. Just rediscovered Helmet. Brilliant live :)

Judas Priest. A bit gay, but they are the the ultimate masters of aesthetics in heavy metal, see also Turbo Lover.

Probably the wildest Metallica song:

From their first album, of course... when I was young... and so were they!

Judas Priest. A bit gay, but they are the the ultimate masters of aesthetics in heavy metal, see also Turbo Lover.
We don't use the term "gay" anymore. We say "bright and showy".

IIRC, the last substitution in the OTF was "happy". I think the topic was same sex marriages back then.

For me, any discussion about the best metal band of all time begins and ends with the great Witch Taint. Here's their massive hit "Changes (A Little Less Time for Satan)"

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High