The wonderful what are you listening to thread

Although to be fair, some hopeless romantics will naturally prefer their "Necrodreamraper."

When heavy metal was born.

I was 2 or 3 years old back then!

• Love
Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Jmervyn will love this one:

I was originally going to post another excerpt from my red-eye playlist (I'm sleeping much better, btw) but this morning a certain something showed up in my youtube feed. That 'something' happened to be a new track from one of my favorite bands of the last decade: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard.

This made me super happy until I remembered that I had tickets to see them this summer. I still have the tickets... but the concert has been moved ahead to October 2021. I'm sure I'll have a great time if anyone is still alive by then.

Actually, I had tickets to a lot of shows this year - all of them cancelled or postponed. Stevie Nicks, Robert Plant, Tom Yorke, Billie Eilish... okay this is getting depressing. 😢

So! I was talking about the Gizz. Absolutely fantastic Psychedelic/Prog/Garage band from Australia. Absolutely worth a listen even from you old fogies. Here's an incredible fan-made film that mashes together songs and official videos from a bunch of their albums (with some original art for songs that have no official videos and also to cover transitions between tracks). Great stuff!

Next time you're having a crappy day, just load this up in your car, crank it up to 11 and go for a nice long drive. Enjoy.

Tracklist (courtesy of a kind soul in the comments section of the video)
[Nonagon Infinity]
1. Robot Stop - 0:00
2. Big Fig Wasp - 5:22
3. Gamma Knife - 10:16
4. People-Vultures - 14:34

[Murder of the Universe]
5. Some Context - 19:16
6. The Reticent Raconteur - 19:24
7. The Lord of Lightning - 20:29

[I'm in Your Mind Fuzz]
8. Cellophane - 25:36
9. I'm in Your Mind Fuzz - 28:37
10. I'm in Your Mind - 31:28
11. I'm Not in Your Mind - 33:44

[Murder of the Universe]
12. The Balrog - 36:47

[Paper Mâché Dream Balloon]
13. Trapdoor - 40:50

[Murder of the Universe]
14. The Floating Fire - 43:51
15. The Acrid Corpse - 45:45

[Quarters!]
16. The River - 46:50

[Murder of the Universe]
17. Welcome to an Altered Future - 57:06
18. Digital Black - 58:01
19. Han-Tyumi, the Confused Cyborg - 1:00:48
20. Soy-Protein Munt Machine - 1:03:09
21. Vomit Coffin - 1:03:40
22. Murder of the Universe - 1:05:59

[Nonagon Infinity]
23: Road Train - 1:09:59

Last edited:
Reactions: zemaj

"Are we abandoned in the end?"

This one's for you, @jmervyn... although I think that you would actually agree to the lyrics, at least partly. I think it was Lincoln who said that the question is not whether god is on our side, but whether we are on god's side.

Edit: New link.

Last edited:
  • Love
Did we miss the death of Ennio Morricone? Here's another one by him:

Who are you?

Reactions: jmervyn

Dredd, you're into Billie Eilish? That surprises me yet it doesn't? /shrug IDK ,I'm still surprised. I can't stand her. XD Like, the music part is alright but I hate her voice. I can't get behind it, I'm so fucking bored with it, lol.

I have discovered Type O Negative recently and I CAN. NOT. STOP. LISTENING. I know I'm super way late to the party but omg.... Peter Steele.... <3 <3 <3

Reactions: zemaj
Dredd, you're into Billie Eilish? That surprises me yet it doesn't? /shrug IDK ,I'm still surprised. I can't stand her. XD Like, the music part is alright but I hate her voice. I can't get behind it, I'm so fucking bored with it, lol.

Into? I'm not sure; it's a little too early to say. Ask me again when she has a couple more albums under her belt. When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go is a wonderfully composed album though and probably would have been my "album of the year" had Lingua Ignota not dropped a nuke on my head a few months later.

Peter Steele.... <3 <3 <3

Rest in peace.

I can't listen to Bloody Kisses. Every damn goth girl I knew in the 90s spun that album endlessly. :D

• Haha
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High