The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Re: The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Feysal, I like your plan, it looks solid. Go for it. If I spend time talking to you, I won't get a chance to take any holiday snaps, but I'm not terribly satisfecho with the ones of gotten so far. Pequeña pérdida, small loss.

D'oh, Zarni did have two votes, didn't he. Pfah. Where's my brain.

I'm having real problems trying to figure out or even speculating who the mafia and SK are - everywhere you look, there are people with alibis, solid posting records. I hope Feysal's gambit pays off, but it isn't certain, if the baddies hold off the killing tonight, that will lynch whoever Feysal talks to. Still, it's the best plan we have to go on, let's go.

Fsl, 'm frd 'v dltd Fsl's pm's lrd s Nkl ndd th pm bx rm.

mprtnt nfrmtn!!! Nkl hsn't bn cmpltl trthfl. Nkl cn sv ppl t nght, s Lpld Sttch s lng r w hv 2 dctrs!!

I guess its possible Marahumm might not have even had my action included in his list of possible actions to see for the first night. There was a little misunderstanding with my role power and I got the results later in the day. Only TC would know for sure whether it was included in his night 1 total of actions.

Maybe Sarthoris, that drunk, is hammered again? :scratchhead:

Weirdest role ever? Yes.

Umm... not quite. After all, the flying pumpkin that shoots laser beams out of its arse is still a little bit weirder, I'd say.

Preview edit: stupid word filter. I accept it won't let me say ***, but at least it should leave the url alone. I'm sure you can think of a three-letter word to replace the last one, if you want to see where the link leads.

Feysal, you withheld a very crucial clue, the fact that you roleblock whoever you talk to. You talked to nurman night 1, right? Could it be possible that the reason we only had 1 kill night 1 is that nurman was roleblocked from killing? I dunno, but this is good news indeed that we still have a roleblock, however unreliable.

It is true, I have been withholding information. I'd say that is part of the game, you don't play your last card unless you absolutely have to. Now it is the last however. There are no more secrets left.

Regarding nurman, you are right that there is a theoretical chance of him being blocked from killing the first night. However, when I spoke to him, I did not trust him enough to explain how my ability worked. I did not lie to him, but I also did not tell him I had to choose four people. I was hoping to leave the impression I could target a single person. If nurman had been blocked that night, I'd think he would be able to connect it to me, and believe I was a roleblocker. That would have made me a priority target.

By the way, if it wasn't apparent already, the roleblock is also the reason I could only get information concerning the first two nights from Marahumm. He could see nothing the third night, because of speaking to me.

Very well then, Sathoris has by the start of tomorrow to either post here or pm me if he reads this in a night phase, or I will be forced to take action.

Fsl, 'm frd 'v dltd Fsl's pm's lrd s Nkl ndd th pm bx rm.

mprtnt nfrmtn!!! Nkl hsn't bn cmpltl trthfl. Nkl cn sv ppl t nght, s Lpld Sttch s lng r w hv 2 dctrs!!

"Feysal, I'm afraid I've deleted Feysal's pm's already as Ankeli needed the pm box room."

I thought you might have, I've been struggling to keep enough space free as well. No matter, you might still recognize the first sentence I sent you if you saw it again.

"Important information! Ankeli hasn't been completely truthful. Ankeli can save people at night, so Leopold Stotch is lying or we have 2 doctors!"

Well, looks like I'll have to do a recount of night actions.

Nkl wll xpln tmrrw wh Nkl wthhld ths nfrmtn.

"Ankeli will explain tomorrow why Ankeli withheld this information."

If I had to guess now, perhaps you wanted to catch someone lying, same reason why I kept the night action counts from Marahumm to myself.

Anyway, you are now the one person I trust to be pro-town beyond a shadow of doubt. Uraj cleared you of mafia charges, and your roleblock on the second night has cleared you of being a serial killer, since you couldn't have had anything to do with either kill that night.

Two doctor claims. I'm afraid that complicates my plan, perhaps even to the point of uselessness. The important question is, if there is an attack on someone and he is saved by a doctor, will we still learn of the attempted kill? In last game when there was an attack on Elrond, the answer was yes.

Clearly I should leave Ankeli out of my list of invitees the next night. Should I invite Leo instead? Looks that way. Does anyone else have comments on who I should invite?

Very well then, Sathoris has by the start of tomorrow to either post here or pm me if he reads this in a night phase, or I will be forced to take action.

14) You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 1 contributive post a day).

Did I miss something here? I'd interpreted the rule so that one post was required for each day phase, not each 24 hours in real time. Sathoris does have one post during this day phase, quoted below.

I don't trust Nurman, I don't think there's a south park theme. The name of the game suggest vanilla even though there are multiple complications. It seems my first post about jobs sparked a south park discussion. No one else has a south park role. I never did trust him.

Indeed Ankeli and Leo were seen by the way so Feysal is def town.

That's why I gave him until tomorrow starts.

I might look away when other minor rules are twisted, but when it comes to inactivity, I don't take kindly to it.

Fsl, d nt nvt Lpld Sttch thr. Trst m, 'll xpln tmrrw.

I just thought of something nasty.

I knew my plan suffered from one major flaw, which is made worse if some kills are stopped by doctors instead of my block. If there are no kills or kill attempts the coming night, we will learn nothing useful. The scum could have stopped killing, because doing so could reveal them, at the very least their presence and number. That would result in a mislynch, if the person I spoke to became suspect because of it.

I realized we have one counter move to that situation. If there are no kills or kill attempts, we don't lynch anyone. Simple as that. The next night, same thing, if there are no kill attempts, we don't lynch. We could theoretically keep it up forever, and the mafia would get nowhere. But the game doesn't become deadlocked. We still have Noodle.

Even if his skill is random and he can't decide when to use it, probability has it that after enough many days he will have learned all of our roles, one by one. When he identifies a scum, we can lynch him. On the off chance that Noodle has fooled us all and is a serial killer after all, he has no margin of error. If a townie was lynched based on his identification, he would be lynched next. I don't suspect him now, but I brought this up for the sake of completeness.

In other words, to stop killing now would inevitably lead to the mafia losing. I really don't like the idea of dragging this game out by trying to make it deadlocked, but if there are no kill attempts, I would recommend that, because it is the winning scenario for the town. The mafia's hand is forced. They MUST try to kill the following night. If they do not, they will lose.

Fsl, d nt nvt Lpld Sttch thr. Trst m, 'll xpln tmrrw.

"Feysal, do not invite Leopold Stotch either. Trust me, I'll explain tomorrow."

Very well. I don't know where you're going with this, but I do trust you. I only worry that you might not live through the night. You're now a confirmed pro-town player, and claimed to be a doctor, which could make you the priority target for the night.

Can someone answer the question I asked earlier? If there was a kill attempt, and a doctor saved the target, will we learn if there was a kill attempt at all?

I don't like this Ankeli/Leo buisness one bit. If Leo is claiming doc, and Ankeli is claiming doc, why is Ankeli saying "don't target leo, but trust me". This is making me nervous.

As to your question Feysal, I guess it depends on the flavor that TC provides.

I don't think the game would go on indefinitely Feysal. You'd have to get the same person each night as your roleblock, which is a 25% chance.

I actually think at this point we should stop discussing our intended night actions and plans for tomorrow. All we're doing is giving the scum time to formulate a counter plan. I'm all for contributing as much as possible until we get a lynch, but I think we're giving the scum too much information.

I don't like this Ankeli/Leo business one bit. If Leo is claiming doc, and Ankeli is claiming doc, why is Ankeli saying "don't target leo, but trust me". This is making me nervous.

Me too, but only because I fear for Ankeli's life. I really don't like to speculate on his intentions, because that probably would play in the mafia's hands, and frankly I have only wild guesses anyway. Besides, I am a bit relieved to see someone else taking action, I feel as though I've been holding all the cards since last day.

As to your question Feysal, I guess it depends on the flavor that TC provides.

Yes. It would make sense that the doctor would know if he saved someone's life, or if he just stood idly by, waiting for something to happen to his patient.

I don't think the game would go on indefinitely Feysal. You'd have to get the same person each night as your roleblock, which is a 25% chance.

This is true, but if the kill was stopped by a block, that would still be a kill attempt, and we could learn of it. I was arguing that to stop killing completely to give us false information was a losing scenario for the mafia.

I actually think at this point we should stop discussing our intended night actions and plans for tomorrow. All we're doing is giving the scum time to formulate a counter plan.

Not yet. I mentioned my plan for the night because I was afraid I might not live to explain it tomorrow, and it seems it was good, since Ankeli would have been included otherwise. But, I still have to invite four players. Ankeli and Leo are out. My only choices seem to be Sathoris and Noodle. If I invited Noodle, he might miss his chance to learn something, so I guess I'll invite Sathoris.

The list of invitees is now nurman, FalconGK, Loz and Sathoris. Any more comments?

Don't bother inviting me, I know nothing aother than false information

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High