The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Re: The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

I won't be posting tonight, going to partyyyyy!!!!!

Well, i will quickly ROLE CLAIM myself as CARTMAN, the racist kid with no night skills or special skills.

I tried to put up an act to fit my role but i kinda left it out to prevent ban :)

Pregunta? Can a vigi strike during the first night? I don't think so, but I may be conflating this restriction with that of the serial killer.

This is something I'd like a clarification on. This being my first game, I'm inexperienced in what certain roles can usually do. Is it common for a serial killer to not be able to kill on the first night?

Also, Zarniwoop mentioned a role stealer, and that it had been seen before in ThunderCat's games. What is this role, and what does it do?

I have been trying to look up various roles on mafiascum.net, but it appears there are plenty of custom roles and rules here, so I'm in the dark about some things. I tried to find my own role description elsewhere, and failed.

A vigi would certainly go a long way to explaining the deaths of mafiosi during Night 2, but we will have to add that to the two-mafia faction theory and the mafia/SK/Bus driver swap/defensive town power role theories. Or put another way ... I have no idea.

Something flubb said before we lynched him just re-emerged in my memory - he said he swapped roles, one with a severe restriction and one without (#316). Is there nothing we can do with this info to try to tease out what happened during Night 1? It's defeated my brain, but that isn't saying much.

I remember that, and I've been trying to figure out how to use it. I don't know either. The severe restriction may refer to either Marahumm or Ankeli, and if nothing would have happened to them anyway, perhaps the swap simply had no effect.

As for what happened on night one, I did say I had some information on Noodle, and I do intend to use it to get more information. Unless you think it is a better idea to say it openly now, to give everyone more time to think and then act on it - yesterday we were in too much of a hurry, and ended up lynching the wrong person. If we'd had more time, the outcome might have been different.

At least, thank goodness, our mislynch turned out informative.

I have a little while yet in which to post, but I will have to stop soon. I've been staying up late whilst this game has been going, as the posting tends to heat up just about the time I'd normally go to bed. Yawning at work is not good, so an on-time bedtime for me tonight. Tengo muy sueño! :)

Feysal, I am hardly experienced at these games but it is my understanding that the SK may not kill on the first night. it is also my understanding that the game mods here have their own ideas on things :D

TC is said to be fond of a role-stealer in his games - the role-stealer player chooses someone in the night and the two players trade roles. This can be a very powerful tool for the town -if the role-stealer becomes mafia, the former mafia player then becomes the role-stealer and if he so chooses, he can out the newly swapped mafia player. It does tend to create confusion though, something that this game is not short of already. I kind of hope we haven't got a role-stealer, certainly there's been no sign of one yet. Dunno.

I don't think that there is a role in this current game that can kill during the course of the day, so I think you are safe to hold onto your info until you feel it is most beneficial to release (but don't forget to post it!).

@nurman - role claim noted. You are feeling under pressure? Any other Cartman's out there that wish to claim? I am unconvinced, and you just pulled ahead of Ankeli in the suspicions sweepstake.

Damn. Two deaths. I had hoped that we had reached the point where there was only one death during the night, leaving us with a single mafia to hunt down. Perhaps even no deaths, with a hypothetical doctor to save Zarniwoop.

Wait a sec: we lose two people night 2, we lynch the cop day 2, and yet you think we'd suddenly not be losing two a night??? That seems like a really odd statement.

Hmmm....

Something else that seems strange. Noodle claims that wicked took over for Bad Ash, yet kimiko, who is PROVED to be cop says she checked Gorny and he was scum. Do we really think night 2 was two scum deaths??? Highly unlikely. I am MAJORLY suspicious of Noodle.

Vote: Noodle

You have some explaining to do.

@Loz nurman has been acting like Cartman for awhile now. Do you think he was acting that way just to throw us off?

TC is said to be fond of a role-stealer in his games - the role-stealer player chooses someone in the night and the two players trade roles. This can be a very powerful tool for the town -if the role-stealer becomes mafia, the former mafia player then becomes the role-stealer and if he so chooses, he can out the newly swapped mafia player. It does tend to create confusion though, something that this game is not short of already. I kind of hope we haven't got a role-stealer, certainly there's been no sign of one yet. Dunno.

Just a correction here on my beloved role-stealer role:
The role-stealer does not work on mafia. This would indeed be a very powerful tool which I do not plan on using. Thus the role stealer only works for townies, neutrals and SKs/other anti town roles which do not involve knowing the identity of other people. (It does work on masons though)
The above does not, in any way confirm or negate the existence of such a role in this game.

About the Cartman role claim: during my talk with nurman on night one, he was the first to suggest that there would be South Park roles in the game, in no uncertain terms. This is why I've been willing to believe similar claims, from Ankeli and Noodle, although Noodle denied actually being Chef yesterday. It could be true, why else would nurman have believed in South Park roles before the game had really even begun? He was also not the first to hint at such a role in public posts. That was Ankeli.

Falcon - kimiko was a plain cop, so I believe we can trust her investigation - unless flubb had swapped Gorny for a mafioso, in which case it is possible Gorny was non-mafia. Which means that, if Noodle is telling the truth, wicked was the only mafiaoso to die that night. But there's a lot of assumptions going on there.

Occam's Razor suggests to me that Noodle lying is the simplest explanation, but why would he lie? It only makes sense as a smokescreen.

I am playing devil's advocate here, because another townie being lynched means we are starting to slide into real trouble. With two (most likely) town NKs last night, we have two mafia factions or one mafia/one SK. Unless - here we go - there is a vigi who suspected Mara or Zarni of being anti-town. Feysal says Mara was some sort of town power role - but a vigi may not have known this. Or feysal is lying, but why would he lie about this? As for Zarni, do we know for sure he was the Mayor and do we know for sure he was pro-town? Did sathoris suddenly grow the ability to NK?

I want more from Noodle before I decide what to do. And I want to see what Feysal has to say about Noodle.

My vote stays holstered for now. Desconcierto total.

Wait a sec: we lose two people night 2, we lynch the cop day 2, and yet you think we'd suddenly not be losing two a night??? That seems like a really odd statement.

I'll explain. At least one of the dead on night 2 was mafia, and that was Gorny. kimiko told us that much. However, I was hoping kimiko had actually not been told that Gorny was specifically mafia, only that he was guilty. That could mean he was a serial killer, and the death of the serial killer would have meant there was only one anti-town killer left. And if we'd had a doctor, the doctor might have been able to save one player. I was genuinely surprised there were two dead.

I see. Thanks for correction.

I still think Noodle is the best vote, but we should definitely take our time. Noodle has some explaining to do.

Would we be benefited by a full roleclaim? Might help smoke out the scum.

@ThunderCat - thanks for the correction. That explains the imbalance I thought the role would lead to :thumbup:

Estúpido Interwebs, it's taking an age to type posts and another age for them to appear.

I have no idea what the significance of the South Park roles is in this game. I have at times considered them to be a mason type role, a mafia related role or a complete red herring. I believe the last to be the case - if it is some sort of Town-Only Club, I may well have just lynched myself :)

Preview edit:
A full role claim will be interesting, possibly a winning tactic, but I first need to think about who will benefit most - town, mafia or third parties. I don't like not knowing how many enemies or factions we face.

I was fairly convinced that we would still have Zarni with us today, as I assumed like Feysal that the doc would save him. However, I no longer believe I can predict anything about this game :)

Singing off for the night, I am trusting you guys to clean up the town while I catch up on my sleep. ¡Hasta luego!

I think we're probably down to our last lynch vote for town to win unless we have a vigilante.

We're down to
1: two mafia factions, most discount as an option due to game size. I'm too new to know.
2: mafia plus a serial killer
3: mafia plus a vigilante
4: mafia is all dead, serial killer and vigilante left.
5: I doubt this one but, mafia, serial killer, vigilante. With SK and Vigi under restrictions for how often they can kill.

One of 3-5 is most likely.

Feysal, I think you should hold off on the information at least for today and try to hear from Noodle first.

Has it ever occurred to you guys that the reason for all of this is the carrot in the trench coat who ate the hippos car wheel?

Falcon - kimiko was a plain cop, so I believe we can trust her investigation - unless flubb had swapped Gorny for a mafioso, in which case it is possible Gorny was non-mafia. Which means that, if Noodle is telling the truth, wicked was the only mafiaoso to die that night. But there's a lot of assumptions going on there.

With all the confusion in the game, I think it would be disastrous if kimiko was actually some variety of insane cop. I'd think that insane cops would be found in very large games, where there are normal cops who are able to find out their sanity. Marahumm said that kimiko might have investigated herself to find out whether she was sane. I'm not sure, but either way we won't learn of another pro-town player from her.

kimiko also said she'd been suspicious of Gorny. I read her posts after she'd been lynched, and indeed, she did say that much on the second day. Since that suspicion was based on posts, kimiko investigated Gorny on the second night, the same night he was killed. There was a mention earlier that cops could have a one-shot vigilante kill. Did kimiko have one, and did she use it on Gorny?

That also means that since it was the second night and flubbucket was already lynched, he could no longer have had anything to do with what happened.

I'm trying to figure out the bus driver, and what flubbucket might have done on night 1 with his ability. Correct me if I'm wrong: the bus driver can switch around two people. Now, if there is a cop targeting player A, who is switched with player B, then the cop learns whether player B is guilty. Would the cop in this scenario incorrectly assume player A is guilty based on the read from player B, or would the cop learn nothing about player A and that player B is guilty, and that there is a bus driver who switched the two?

As for the idea of full role claims, I'm kind of hoping Noodle did tell us the truth the previous night. If he did, and he comes with new information from his ability, I do think we have a good chance of finding out a real bad guy today to lynch. In that case, a full role claim will probably be a good idea. For now, Noodle is the key.

With all the confusion in the game, I think it would be disastrous if kimiko was actually some variety of insane cop. I'd think that insane cops would be found in very large games, where there are normal cops who are able to find out their sanity. Marahumm said that kimiko might have investigated herself to find out whether she was sane. I'm not sure, but either way we won't learn of another pro-town player from her.

kimiko also said she'd been suspicious of Gorny. I read her posts after she'd been lynched, and indeed, she did say that much on the second day. Since that suspicion was based on posts, kimiko investigated Gorny on the second night, the same night he was killed. There was a mention earlier that cops could have a one-shot vigilante kill. Did kimiko have one, and did she use it on Gorny?

That also means that since it was the second night and flubbucket was already lynched, he could no longer have had anything to do with what happened.

I'm trying to figure out the bus driver, and what flubbucket might have done on night 1 with his ability. Correct me if I'm wrong: the bus driver can switch around two people. Now, if there is a cop targeting player A, who is switched with player B, then the cop learns whether player B is guilty. Would the cop in this scenario incorrectly assume player A is guilty based on the read from player B, or would the cop learn nothing about player A and that player B is guilty, and that there is a bus driver who switched the two?

As for the idea of full role claims, I'm kind of hoping Noodle did tell us the truth the previous night. If he did, and he comes with new information from his ability, I do think we have a good chance of finding out a real bad guy today to lynch. In that case, a full role claim will probably be a good idea. For now, Noodle is the key.

I think it would be the incorrectly assume player A is guilty scenario, but being new am not absolutely sure.

I don't trust Nurman, I don't think there's a south park theme. The name of the game suggest vanilla even though there are multiple complications. It seems my first post about jobs sparked a south park discussion. No one else has a south park role. I never did trust him.

Indeed Ankeli and Leo were seen by the way so Feysal is def town.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High