The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      98             No            -          -            -           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       97             No         1458        391            2         175
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      97             No         1194        354            5           -
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      96             Yes         781        301           11          89
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       94             Yes           -        273            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      94             Yes         801        305            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      93             Yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      90             Yes           -        236            -           -
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      80             No            -          -            -           -
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
Kitteh       Cyanosis        HC      Assassin  45             No            -          -            -           -
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             YES           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     28             No            5          5            5           5.5
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin  Erilinda         HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
[highlight]The Fallen:[/highlight]
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Halfway to 95! Reina hasn't died since we've made the switch to Heart of the Oak and Chains of Honor (turns out maxed out resistances are really awesome...), although we've had a few close calls. Found out that the xp in AT is still coming in quite quickly as well, so we bounce back and forth between killing Vizier/Infector and clearing out the bosses in AT. The number of bosses seems super variable in my current map though, but with a pretty good LK I'm not willing to reroll it yet in case I do want to farm up an Infinity.

Onto the finds since last time!:

BHYeGep.jpg
Err... how did you make an insight in single player?

Err... how did you make an insight in single player?

[highlight]Game Modifications[/highlight]

These change the game out of the box in some way. There are three which are accepted on the SPF:
RWM enables Bnet only runewords. RRM changes the colours of runes to red. CRM enables changing the rune colours to many different colours.
Remember that with 1.13 runes are orange.If you are updating to 1.13 from an installation which had RRM installed be sure to delete all the .bin files or you may not get the 1.13 drop rate for runes see here.

RWM for PC- download - Guide in download
RRM for PC - download - Guide
NOTE the .7z file is a .zip file with RWM/RRM conveniently packaged together. Just unzip that in the D2 folder as it is, change the shortcuts so they match the last photo in the guide and you should have BOTH RWM and RRM working.

Singling - combined RWM/multi-instance .dll - download and information

CRM for PC- download

RWM/RRM for Macs here - download - Guide

RWM = Runeword Mod, it's listed with information from quoted post above in the sticky thread about game changes. Also, you finished act 2 at level 19? Are you familiar with the /players setting command?

And I totally made a character. She's a 47 sorceress, but I'll wait until I get higher to worry about the table because there is still a high probability that I will give up in the coming days.

Thanks, will look into that.

I used /players 7 until level 8 and then played on /players 1 until act 3. I then started alternating between /players 1 and /players 3.

Yes, the RWM is very convenient: easy to use, and it's nice to have all the runewords available.

You state you're not using an extended stash because you wouldn't know how to, so just in case you would actually want to use an extended stash: there's GoMule, a very helpful muling program. It's easy to use, and comes with a built-in flavie report, which keeps track of the S/U items and runes you found. It's actually one of the reasons why I love playing SP so much (although I perfectly understand why people would want to restrict themselves to not using it for an extra challenge. If you want more info on GoMule, it's in the Game Changes Help Thread as well. Or just ask away here :).

What kind of Necro will you be playing? I reckon Summoner or Venomancer?

Good luck !!!

Yes, the RWM is very convenient: easy to use, and it's nice to have all the runewords available.

You state you're not using an extended stash because you wouldn't know how to, so just in case you would actually want to use an extended stash: there's GoMule, a very helpful muling program. It's easy to use, and comes with a built-in flavie report, which keeps track of the S/U items and runes you found. It's actually one of the reasons why I love playing SP so much (although I perfectly understand why people would want to restrict themselves to not using it for an extra challenge. If you want more info on GoMule, it's in the Game Changes Help Thread as well. Or just ask away here :).

What kind of Necro will you be playing? I reckon Summoner or Venomancer?

Good luck !!!
Thanks, probably still won't use GoMule though. I can probably remember which S/Us I got, although I will write them down.

I'm playing a really stupid bone spear necromancer build I made up.

Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      98             No            -          -            -           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       97             No         1458        391            2         175
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      97             No         1194        354            5           -
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      96             Yes         781        301           11          89
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       94             Yes           -        273            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      94             Yes         801        305            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      93             Yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      90             Yes           -        236            -           -
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      80             No            -          -            -           -
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
Kitteh       Cyanosis        HC      Assassin  45             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     41             No           10          10           7           8
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             YES           0          0            0           0
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin  Erilinda         HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Running Baal on normal at the moment.
Anyone ever gotten a worse drop from Baal than 1 magic brandistock and 1 magic bill?
Can I use the Rune Word mod and play on battlenet with someone who doesn't have it?

Last edited:
Can I use the Rune Word mod and play on battlenet with someone who doesn't have it?

Rune Word Mod "enables" ladder-only rune words on single player. On battle.net, you would just play on a ladder character to make those rune words.

I'm guessing that is a "yes".

Code:
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     49             No           19         18           10           10.5
Code:

Last edited:
Rune Word Mod "enables" ladder-only rune words on single player. On battle.net, you would just play on a ladder character to make those rune words.

Also, just to be one the safe side, create a separate shortcut for bnet so you don't get banned for using mods.

2hahah that's awesome! RWM makes the game so much easier alongside using an extended stash. It's like trading but with yourself. I never got into trading as I didn't think I had anything anyone else wanted, or I was afraid I would be "trading down". GoMule alleviates that for me, as I'm just giving myself what I already had: myself.

OPSpirit Swords, OPInsight. So much fun. It also helps if you're semi-clepto and love not getting rid of anything. Remember Gramps' Shop? How everything was in there and he would always rummage through some obscure pile and find that old part for that thing you two were piddling with that day? Well, that was his extended stash and he had to go through everything like you do in Atma: one by one. GoMule is our extended virtual stash.

Conqueror Fishie now reached lvl 88. She was bored of running Mephi and went all the way to Act5 and finished the most dangerous quest in the game: killing Nilathak. That was very exciting.

Now she has come back to run Pindle, LK, Meph.

It seems they refuse to give me an Occy, or Viper or War traveller, but just now, Mephi says hi (my first ever in 1.14d):

Update the table:

Code:
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      88             No            -          -            -          -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     44             No           13         13            9           9
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Code:

95! After my last discussion about no deaths since making HotO and Chains of Honor, Reina and I got a little... arrogant this last half of a level. It seemed like any time we got to 2.4 billion xp, we found ourselves dead. Oh well, eventually we broke that barrier and eventually got to 95. We'll certainly have to clean up our play moving forward if we are to have any chance of hitting 99.

Also, doing some planning for the final level (which I'm very far away from, I know) but for leveling in the CS is p1 seals/p7 Diablo the best way or should I continue to use p8 seals? I assume that there's some break even point in terms of kill speed, but I would imagine that given all of the restrictions on xp at that level that the xp from seal bosses is very minimal. Just want to confirm.

Also, what would be the best build for p1 seals/p7 Diablo? I'm starting to lean towards Meteorb, since p1 bosses should still die relatively quickly to Orb (thinking of Infector) while a high level Fireball should melt everything else. But that may be worse than some other build depending on the likely immunities of Infector (he seems to be FI/CI a good bit based off the number of runs I've done) and De Seis (I think he leans towards FI more often than not), so I'm not too certain. Maybe we'll just run Nihl...

Anyways, a few of the finds, including a unique Spiderweb Sash!

5jcmVfy.jpg

What do you mean not the right unique Spiderweb Sash?!?! Oh well, we'll keep looking for the good one, then...

zEPG6no.jpg

Honestly read this as "Ort Rune" for quite awhile, almost tele'd away because of it!

inDhOx9.jpg

I thought when I found this unique Jewel it would help decide my level 98 build. Turns out it should be a Poisonmancer...

kd78xm4.jpg

Current LCS, pre-BO/BC. With it, Ice Blast damage is 2826-2912 and Blizzard damage is 5520-5772. Not quite the most impressive, but we're killing stuff quick enough still.

Code:
hasuprotoss  Reina          SC      Sorc      95            Yes        894        316            -          -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      **             No            -          -            -          -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     44             No           13         13            9           9
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Code:

@hasuprotoss - Congrats on 95! For 98 leveling in the CS, it's /p1 seals, /p7 Diablo. The bosspacks give marginal XP at that stage, so it's best to get through to big D ASAP. XP Shrine hunting while he's spawning is also recommended (especially since you can't do anything then anyways). As for the build, I don't know if Meteorb would be great. Typically in the CS, when something is CI, it's also FI. If you're going to be getting an Infinity, then some lightning build/hybrid would be a good idea, as the Infinity will break all LIs (it won't necessarily break CIs or FIs, as they typically have much higher stacked res). There are basically a few schools of thought on the situation:

1. Stay pure blizz (with or without Infinity) and let your merc kill the CI bosses.
- This will still go pretty quickly, as it's only /p1. De Seis can get annoying though and could be a time waster​
2. Go lightning (either full or hybrid) with Infinity
- No immunities = GG seal bosses. Not sure of the effectiveness of killing D, but I'm sure it's fine.​
3. Some sort of other hybrid build, with merc assistance
- I would bank on Blizz here, and then choose a secondary skill. I can attest that Blova is indeed quite effective, even without Infinity. FB could be alright too, although like I said, CI and FI tend to travel in pairs.​

I personally tried both 1 and 3, both of which were very effective. I preferred going Blova though, as getting the merc to reliably target the boss instead of minions can be tricky. Full lightning with Infinity is a tried and tested build, and is extremely successful no matter where it goes, so you're safe there too.

Otherwise, you can always run Nil as you say. Or do Baal runs. Or try something wacky. Best thing to do is just to feel it out, as whatever is most enjoyable for you to play should be your pick. You're going to be spending quite some time doing it, so you want to have some fun. :)

Last edited:
Saturday was a good day for CanBeOnlyBlizz. Sitting at level 88.5 and decided to run LK. Runes found: Kox2, Fal, Lem, Pul, Mal, Gul, Vex, Ohm (second). Harmony & HotO (resist all 35%) the same day was a happy thing. gambled some rings, claws, and boots. Came up with 8%LL 5%ML Light Resist 10% piece of joy ring. Oh, and my new favorite boots: 22%MF & 30%FRW.
All in all a very productive small number of runs (I don't track my count, but it wasn't many, cause I go too slow).

Why are some of you saying you're level **, out of curiosity?

-

I took a bunch of screenshots to share but for some reason they are almost always replaced by black screens. I'm going to try figuring out what's up with that.
I've gotten to act 4 nightmare so far. Not a lot to talk about. All of the act boss drops have been awful. The first unique I got from one was a leadcrow from nightmare mephisto. I did find a Dwarf Star and a String of Ears, which are both pretty nice. Otherwise, I've been cruising on my +1 to bone spear wand/head and stealth chestplate. My character speed is pretty low since I can't find a decent pair of boots anywhere.

Code:
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      95             Yes         894        316            -          -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      **             No            -          -            -          -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     56             No           23         22           11         14.5
Code:

@hasuprotoss Congrats on 95 !!! And on the Ohm.

@Pb_pal I've been doing De Seis on /p1 whenever Infector doesn't spawn CI, and he can be done pretty quickly actually. After all GS freezes everything dangerous around him, so it's a matter of getting rid of most enemies (which goes quickly on /p1) and then teleport on top of him. Only when he's Stone Skin, it goes a bit slower, but otherwise it's a matter of a few hits from my merc (who is only sporting a low ED% eth Insight). At least, that is my experience so far.

Btw, I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't remember and can't find it back: is it only /p1 seals and /p7 Diablo from 98 to 99, or do I have to switch from /p8 seals to /p1 seals earlier than level 98? Also, I'm level 96 now, and I'm still killing bosses and their minions (not champs) as well, if I come across them. Is that a good call, or a waste of time?

@qwernt If you reached such a level, it's about time you add yourself to the table :). Congrats on the progress.

@Lord Molybdenum Try using some level runewords for some more firepower. White (Dol Io) in a 2os wand or Splendor (Eth Lum) in a necro head for example. Both with +BSpear if possible. Another cheap one is Lore (Ort Sol) in a 2os helm. As for the low running speed, try Stealth (Tal Eth) in a 2os body armor: 25% frw, with 25% fcr and 25% fhr to boot. All you need at this stage :).

Good luck.

Believe me, I'd love to find a 2 socket helm, a 2 socket shield, a Lum rune, or an Io rune. Also, I mentioned I have stealth :p

Edit: Got a good map while running through stage 3, so I gave nightmare LK a try. Got a Ko rune instantly, went for 20 minutes and got a bunch of gems but no other runes higher than shael.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High