The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

Re: The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

Oh yeah?

Vote: Jason Maher

How'd you like them apples?
Also, why are you voting me?

If you don't mind me asking, why do I gain scum points for casting a random vote?
You cast a random vote less than an hour in to day 1. Day 1 is not always a wash, there is no need to random vote that early on. It just looks like a bad ploy to get someone lynched early on.

Why not? What about this post convinced you to cast a vote for me?.

Day one's aren't a crapshoot.

So, get a kill in on time did the mafia not, hmm?
Or it blocked was, announced or could it be that there were no kills last night in any event indicating a doc save that is not, hmm?

Story =/= what happened, by TC. Why speculate about reasons why the NK failed. Got probable cause to suspect a stopped NK?

Also, why are you voting me?

Probably for the same reason I thought about voting for you, this little gem:

Whooo, no nk, nice work doc!

But I figured you a more experienced player than that, so chalked it up to you being subtly facetious or something intelligent like that, instead of possibly just being passive aggressive about a night kill of yours failing.

Though, the OMGUS vote doesn't help my opinion of you very much. But it's day 1, so yeah, whatever. Carry on.

I could get behind a Jason Maher lynch, for the simple reason that he self-voted. Never a good reason to do that.

Probably for the same reason I thought about voting for you, this little gem:

But I figured you a more experienced player than that, so chalked it up to you being subtly facetious or something intelligent like that, instead of possibly just being passive aggressive about a night kill of yours failing.

Though, the OMGUS vote doesn't help my opinion of you very much. But it's day 1, so yeah, whatever. Carry on.

Ooh, a Noammr wagon. Tempting.

Unvote: NacRuno
Vote: Noammr

245px-GaryOak.png

Though I am against
this weird first day random lynch
Bandwagon I shall.

I Vote: omgwtfbbqpwned for president.

Ugly pictures posting you are,
In this thread of serious business.
My browser slow you make,
So Yoda doesn't liek you.

/now off to grab cup of coffee and see what happened overnight.

Oh, come on! What's with the flash-wagon?
Did I hurt someones feelings or something?

Unvote: Jason Maher

Two people cursed on day 1, although it is difficult to be sure with coju...

I would like to know how you can jump to this conclusion?
Gorny was posting weird, yes. But he is Gorny. I realize I asked the same question my self.
However, I can't see at all why you would think coju was post restricted? (if that is what you mean by cursed)

And why the self-vote? doesn't make any sense to me.

We've still got 36 hours left so I don't really understand all this voting for Noammr. If my vote is needed later on to secure a lynch I will be willing to switch. For now though, I think this is a better option:

And why the self-vote? doesn't make any sense to me.

We've still got 36 hours left so I don't really understand all this voting for Noammr. If my vote is needed later on to secure a lynch I will be willing to switch. For now though, I think this is a better option:

Taking the heat from Noammr and throwing it back on Jason Maher. :scratchchin:

Indeed I am, and I explained why as well :yes:

I agree with FredOfErik, voting for me is an awful idea.

On the other hand you have:
Jason- self voting, then coming after me with zero reasoning behind his vote.
Gorny- pointing a lot of fingers but leaving his randomly placed vote on Noodles...why is this, Gman?
And a whole lot of people just throwing thier votes around.

Whooo, no nk, nice work doc!

Anywaym watch it with all the votes being thrown around, guys...you might hurt someone.

I could get behind a Jason Maher lynch, for the simple reason that he self-voted. Never a good reason to do that.

CG summed up pretty much exactly how I feel about you, Noammr. At this point I think there are still plenty of other better lynches like Jason, Gorny, Whereismyzod, or sitro.

Can you explain the self vote Jason?

So, random.org tells me that Zod must go.

Vote: WheresMyZod

First day's a crapshoot, right?
Really? still on the first page and we're already ready for a random vote? scum points for you :nod:

If you don't mind me asking, why do I gain scum points for casting a random vote?

You cast a random vote less than an hour in to day 1. Day 1 is not always a wash, there is no need to random vote that early on. It just looks like a bad ploy to get someone lynched early on.

So, random.org tells me that Zod must go.

Vote: WheresMyZod

First day's a crapshoot, right?

Dunno, is it?

Vote: SiTro

Why not? What about this post convinced you to cast a vote for me?

Day one's aren't a crapshoot.

Well, it's been fun, but time to explain my play. Day 1's the point in the game where the town has the least information about the game situation. While we're benefiting from the lack of a kill last night, that would usually have been an initial point of information. At the time when I cast my random vote, I didn't see that we had any pieces of information with which to work from. So, I tried the following plan to see where it would lead.

Games like this can involve a certain amount of groupthink. Some behaviours become traditionally seen as scummy, other actions become traditional pro-town flags. I've seen this online and from games played in real life with around 15-20 people.

In this case, consider how placing a random vote early on Day 1 often picks up accusations of mafia behaviour. In cases where there's been a night kill I can support that - the voter clearly isn't using all the available pieces of information. I've criticised players before for doing exactly that. But when there's nothing else to go on, placing a vote as a way to drive discussion forward may as well be determined randomly.

My thinking was that I would place a vote and see if anyone would go for the easy accusation of "OMG! Random vote! You must be scum!". Such a response would then be either naïveté in not thinking through the situation, or scum themselves wanting to be seen to be pro-town by using behaviour with an accepted townie flag according to the meta-game of this forum.

Hopefully this explains my actions earlier. I don't think it drew out as many candidates as I'd have liked, though that may just be due to the thread being quieter than I anticipated at daybreak. The vote I placed was intentionally mis-spelt as I didn't intend to keep my vote on them past this point anyway.

This train of votes for Noammr looks worrying to me. Like Caluin Graye I assumed Noammr wouldn't make the error of publicly congratulating the doc. But the quick succession of votes immediately afterwards makes me wonder if there isn't more groupthink going on here. And with such an easily justifiable reason for the votes, it'd be easy for mafia to hide in that list of votes.

It did prompt this post from WhereIsMyZod however:

Gotta fit in the group

Now I have to wonder whether I should have spelled your name correctly after all.
Sathoris and OMG... also explicitly appear keen to bandwagon.

FredOfErik: I'm not completely clear about why you suggest Jason Maher as "a better option" for a lynch today. All I can see for justification is the self-vote and speculation as to what game mechanics are in play. And that he wouldn't be a knee-jerk bandwagon on Noammr I guess, but that applies to a lot of players.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High