The Socketed Tournament of Confusion

Re: The Socketed Tournament of Confusion

Alrighty then, BlingBling (for her love of gems) has ventured forth from the rogue camp! She's cleared two quests and three waypoints and has a fire rogue companion named Meghan. BlingBling will be hard pressed in her early years as she's developing her way to Strafe. She'll use a cold skill, but I haven't decided which one to max out. I personally love Freezing Arrow but it's mana cost is fairly prohibitive. I look forward to Decoy! But Valk will not be used.

HardCore
Code:
Name             Character          Class         Location          Level  Points
=================================================================================
JayeM            Sock               Barbarian     Black Marsh        16      -3
Rhia             BlingBling         Amazon        Stony Field         8      -1

She's using all whites except a blue ring and an ethereal cap with sockets. Topaz in the armor, ruby in the weapon, sapphire in the helm, and skulls in the rogue's weapon.

Last edited:

Note: when posting tables, please include the Category (Hardcore/Softcore/Their Deeds Remembered), so people don't get any more confused than they already are. Thanks!

Right Well a quick update - have cleared the tombs to get the cube, had a NDE in the tombs that are directly outside lut gholein before the dry hills, went into a room and there were 15 poison mages ><.

These following Cube Recipes help if your trying to get a decent weapon, I shopped a magic Giant sword and then used 3 flawless gems to put 2 sockets in it(it rerolls its stats) and got this

Corrosive Giant Sword of Vileness
Giant Sword
One Hand Damage: 3 - 16
Two Hand Damage: 9 - 28
Durability: 27 of 50
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 56
Required Dexterity: 34
Fingerprint: 0x5a766b57
Item Level: 30
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Adds 30 - 40 Fire Damage
Adds 80 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
Prevent Monster Heal 2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Perfect Ruby

Ive used all the gems I had got from A1 and up to this point in A2 to make sure i had 2 perfect rubys and the 3 flawless gems to make that. Thats alll i seem to get, now im glad i found these recipes, itll make my live easier at the later acts / difficulties

3 Standard Gems (normal) and 1 Socketed Weapon (Any Type) = 1 Socketed Magic Weapon (of same type)
This takes a socketed weapon and makes it a magic socketed weapon with a random number of sockets. This allows you to get new magic bonuses on an otherwise non magical weapon. The original weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. ilvl = 30. It gets 1-2 sockets.

3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=25 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.

3 Flawless Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=30 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.

[highlight]Softcore[/highlight]
Code:
Name             Character          Class         Location          Level  Points      Deaths
=============================================================================================
jamesixgun       Keyne              Assassin      Cold Plains          10      -4           0
Spudnik          Locke              Barbarian     Kurast Docks            28      +21           0 
Brutass          Ignoramus          Barbarian     Rogue Encampment      1       0           0

[highlight]Hardcore[/highlight]
Code:
Name             Character          Class         Location          Level  Points
=================================================================================

[highlight]Their Deeds Remembered[/highlight]
Code:
Name             Character          Class         Location          Level  Points    Slain By
=============================================================================================

Edit Updating.

Well majority of it was easy, about 3 PI's in the "real" tal rashas tomb, a few NDE's with the Mummie resser tingys.

Found 2 Uniques. Using the gloves as its good leech and stats

The Hand of Broc
Leather Gloves
Defense: 14
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x17fa6d89
Item Level: 17
3% Mana stolen per hit
3% Life stolen per hit
+14% Enhanced Defense
+10 Defense
+20 to Mana
Poison Resist +10%

Griswold's Edge
Broad Sword
One Hand Damage: 15 - 30
Durability: 30 of 32
Required Level: 17
Required Strength: 48
Fingerprint: 0xbce33484
Item Level: 23
+10% Increased Attack Speed
120% Enhanced Damage
+100 to Attack Rating
Adds 12 - 16 Fire Damage
Knockback
+12 to Strength

Current Gear is..

Gemmed Avenger Guard
Avenger Guard
Defense: 43
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x13278f13
Item Level: 23
+1 to Pole Arm Mastery (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Spear Mastery (Barbarian Only)
+4 to Mana after each Kill 2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune

Corrosive Giant Sword of Vileness
Giant Sword
One Hand Damage: 3 - 16
Two Hand Damage: 9 - 28
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Strength: 56
Required Dexterity: 34
Fingerprint: 0x5a766b57
Item Level: 30
Adds 30 - 40 Fire Damage
Adds 80 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
Prevent Monster Heal 2 Sockets (2 used)

Gemmed Splint Mail
Splint Mail
Defense: 94
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 12
Required Strength: 51
Fingerprint: 0xd93a13ab
Item Level: 20
+48 to Mana 2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Sapphire
Socketed: Sapphire

Pain Strap (Crafted)
Belt
Defense: 5
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 19
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x2e1d9901
Item Level: 24
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
2% Life stolen per hit
9% Chance of Open Wounds
+13 to Life

Imp Greaves (rare)
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 13
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 7
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x45fe2777
Item Level: 20
+13% Enhanced Defense
+8 Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +5%
Half Freeze Duration
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Shimmering Amulet of Health (magic)
Amulet
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0x12989cb7
Item Level: 10
All Resistances +6
Damage Reduced by 1

Bring on Act 3 Tomorrow with a new Cold Iron Wolf Merc. And bring on level 30 when i can get whirlwind!

Last edited:

Well, Keyne is rocking along with no troubles. Easy and Good times!

. . . of course, she's still only in A1 Normal. . . a proper update will follow at some point, with screenies and a witty/urbane writeup. For now, it's just James, his cups, and Keyne.

Code:
Name             Character          Class         Location          Level  Points      Deaths

Spudnik          Locke              Barbarian     Kurast Docks         28     +21           0 
jamesixgun       Keyne              Assassin      Cold Plains          13      -6           0
Brutass          Ignoramus          Barbarian     Rogue Encampment      1       0           0

Code:

And *poof* I just decided that we should order the tables by score.

And Great Progress, Spud! Keep on Rocking!

Well, Thats Locke died, Boss Pack of Vultures/Gorillas. Just couldn't handle it. I don't think barbarian was my best choice for this, did do pretty well though.

Code:
jamesixgun       Keyne              Assassin      Cold Plains          13      -6           0

Code:

Code:
Name             Character          Class         Location          Level  Points    Slain By
Spudnik          Locke              Barbarian     Lower Kurast         30     +25           Combined Boss Pack of Vultures and Jungle Gorillas :(

@Spud: Sorry to hear about Locke. . . but you know you can keep going with him, right? Deaths are allowed in Softcore. There is a point penalty, of course, but you don't have to drop out unless you really want to.

Just a quick update, Caine now open for business!

Code:

Code:
Rhia             BlingBling         Amazon        Dark Woods         13      -3

Code:
Spudnik          Locke              Barbarian     Lower Kurast         30     +25           Combined Boss Pack of Vultures and Jungle Gorillas :(

Well, Keyne rescued Cain, slaughtered the Countess & Co., and pretty much walked through the Tamoe Highland. No ndes. No finds.

Currently level 17. FoF kills all at level 6.

Code:
jamesixgun       Keyne              Assassin      Cold Plains          17      -4           0

Code:

Code:

Good Luck everyone, and keep up the stuffing!

Well, Ignoramus (or Iggy if ya like) has made a start having saved Cain and is currently level 14. I'll have a look at the points scoring tonight and try to work out where he stands, then I'll make an entry into the table.
Oh, I also had a crack with a Zealot in hardcore but he didn't make it through the weekend so his life was inconsequential

Iggy is progressing nicely thus far having made it to the Outer Cloister. He had a couple of close calls with cold enchanted dark archers along the way but howling from time to time has managed to increase his surviveability. He found a nice rare barb helm but has decided, with much anguish to put that in his stash for now in favour of his rare gloves. Next, time to kick The Smith.

Code:
jamesixgun       Keyne              Assassin      Cold Plains          17      -4           0
Brutass          Ignoramus          Barbarian     Outer Cloister       16       4           0

Code:

Code:

Edit: I'm surprised how few have entered the tournament so far. Come on everyone join in. From the words of King Julian from Madagaska, "Your just a bunch of panzies"

Last edited:

I'm surprised how few have entered the tournament so far. Come on everyone join in. From the words of King Julian from Madagaska, "Your just a bunch of panzies"

Indeed! Jeez! Come On Everyone! There's a boat-load of sockets that need some good hard-style stuffings!

Bob? Where's Bob? And where's the other people who helped craft the rules? Come on! Take those sockets and Stuff 'Em!!!1!!!1!!!!1!!!!!!one1!!!

This sounds like a cool tourney to be in, so enter Lee the Assassin!
The name probably gave away the skill build for this character... nevertheless,
Lee is currently situated at the Rogue encampment, making small talk with each of the inhabitants. Some are glad to see her, some are not so pleased. She cant' wait to get started and show off her stuff :)
First stop - Den of Evil for some nice socket stuff.

Just a couple of things, hope I have quoted the correct table. And if the tables are ordered by score, then I'm in the lead under Hardcore by default? Hehe..

Code:
Brutass          Ignoramus          Barbarian     Outer Cloister       16       4           0

Code:
fanatic          Lee                Assassin      Rogue Encampment    1       0

Code:
Spudnik          Locke              Barbarian     Lower Kurast         30     +25

Bob? Where's Bob? And where's the other people who helped craft the rules? Come on! Take those sockets and Stuff 'Em!!!1!!!1!!!!1!!!!!!one1!!!

I'm werkin on it. Had a bad weekend, got an itch to play a twinked paladin after having so much fun mat'ing my twinked trapper (still need to write a mat thread on her) and have more yet to do with him. I need to plan this character a bit more (i.e. decide what I want to play) before I can enter.

A warm welcome to fanatic (and yes, you are currently in the lead, but that will pass shortly, I'm sure). . . and a sharp (but friendly) kick in the rear to Bob to get his butt moving. :D

Seriously, though. No worries, Bob. Take your time, for sure. (I vote sorc, druid, pally or necro. . .)

No update from Keyne. Maybe later, maybe tomorrow. Who knows.

(I vote sorc, druid, pally or necro. . .)

Some help you are.

Sorc - not without teleport
Druid - Possibly a wind or fire.... :scratch:
Pally - Playing a twinked zealot now, so probably not two at once. Tesladin maybe?
Necro - with the summon penalties... probably not. I don't think the non-summon builds would suit my playstyle/speed.

I may give a windy guide a look...

Well. . . I just hope to flesh out the ranks a bit. 3 Barbs (one dead), 2 Assassins, and an Assassin. . . it would be nice to see another sort of face in there.

How about an Avenger? or a Cheese Lord?
Windy Druid sounds fun. . . and you could run around with a Bear. (It's a shame that I nixed Ravens. . . that's a build I've been wanting to try.)

But seriously. Play whatever you like, whenever you want. We'll still be here.

Ah ha! Finally they come to join this most fabulous tournament, lol

A quick update on Iggy - he has conquered Andariel and only lost Aliza only once. Along the way he found an Isenharts Helm and Arctic Furs belt, Aliza wears the helm and Iggy the belt (i think that fits within the rules?). On to Act 2 and Radament was a challenge surprisingly but he rewarded Iggy very handsomely with a Nokozan Amulet, the 50% fire resist will come in handy

Code:
Brutass          Ignoramus          Barbarian     Lut Gholein          19       4           0

Code:
fanatic          Lee                Assassin      Rogue Encampment    1       0

Code:
Spudnik          Locke              Barbarian     Lower Kurast         30     +25

Well, technically, Iggy can wear the belt: no problem. And Iggy or Aliza could wear the helm, but only if it is socketable.

The item type restrictions only apply to non-socketable items. Helm, weapons, shields, and body armor may be of any type, but must be socketable.

No worries, though Brutass. And good going! Keep up the stuffing!

Got some questions:

[*]1.10+ LOD, Vanilla or FAM, Hardcore or Softcore, pretty much anyone (as long as they're untwinked :wink:)! We want Mats/Pats and Guardians! :yes:

What's FAM? Is RRM/RWM allowed?

[*]Player settings may be changed at your discretion (No Chest-popping Cheese, Please!)

What about entering tower level 5 with /p8 and changing to /p1 after clearing the two antechambers?

[*]Items with class-specific bonuses (wands/scepters/staves) must be used once they become available.

Does this mean that I have to buy one from Akara as early as I have the money?

[*]Necromancers must use Wands and Necro heads

So no poison dagger necros?

I'm not sure if I join, but getting clarifications is a step towards it.

Ulla

Got some questions:

Sounds Good, Ulla! Bring 'em on!

What's FAM? Is RRM/RWM allowed?

Absolutely. RWM/RRM and CRM comprise FAM (Forum Approved Mods).

What about entering tower level 5 with /p8 and changing to /p1 after clearing the two antechambers?

Well, I hope this is allowed, since I did it. . . Ummm. . . This is absolutely allowed, no question, though I would prefer all of level 5 to be cleared at /p1. The rest of the tower can be cleared at the p-setting of your choice.

(perhaps I should clarify this in the rules. . . )

Does this mean that I have to buy one from Akara as early as I have the money?

Yes, though one may drop earlier.

So no poison dagger necros?

Yep. Sorry. . . Should you (or anyone else) wish to build a dagger necro, I suppose I can edit the rules. . . perhaps allow necros to use daggers, but only daggers (ie, no prebuffing via wands), or somesuch.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if I join, but getting clarifications is a step towards it.

I certainly hope you do, Ulla! And, if I didn't say it before, welcome to the forum!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High