The PvP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For pure traps I think you're better of with weapon / shield. The block isn't only useful against barbs, against most opponents you can use it. The DR and resists are good and IMO safety is the key here. The only downside I see is the definate loss of life.

Also. I want PvP. I'm around from now untill .. a couple of hours. Post when interested. I can host trough Hamachi.

That's fast :grin:

Hamachi host up in a minute or two.
Networks: Diablo II SPF, Diablo II SPF 2, Diablo II SPF 3, SPF LLD, Sints
Password (for all): iblamedurf
IP: 5.58.140.155
High level duels. Preferable GM, but as usual I'll take on BM people with my GM duelers too.

Overall, I'd say c/c is better, but is way more restricted item vise. It's very hard to get optimum claws, a lot harder than to get HotO and SS. Remember that Jade Talon is a viable option as 2nd claw. edit: Well, the requirements on Jade are pretty high, but that's why we have -15req/+15%all res j00ls right? :badteeth:

HotO/SS setup is better vs. melee. Also, it allows to use a Spirit shield for us RWM people, which is just groovy in some cases thanks to... well, I'm sure everyone is aware of Spirit shield's awesome stats (55fhr(!!), up to 35fcr(!) and +~100 mana(!)...). edit: and of course the +2 all skills, duh~

edit: Whops, I didn't refresh the page before posting, so I didn't see Sint's post. I was just going to post my view on the matter since no one had answered poor nexie yet.

Wondering if I can get any advice on building a character, or even just a nod in the right direction, in this thread.

The current character I'm building is a druid following Stoutewolf's fury/rabies build. Will this work alright to break into PvP with? Untwinked while he goes through the game, when he's been pat'ed I'll mule what gear I can get on to give him a chance.

Skill-wise he has one point in Werewolf, Feral Rage (the charge-up attack?), Oak Sage and Rabies. The rest have gone to Lycanthropy.

Anything I should know, or particular equipment that would work best? Just checking before it needs too much of a rebuild.

Stoutewolf's guide is pretty good though I think Fury/Rabies would be a little tough to break onto the scene with. Not because they aren't good chars, but because SP dueling community has so many WW barbs and V/T's (two chars that are hard on wolves).

I actually hashed out a budget Fury/Rabies wolf guide for SP. If you're interested I can pass it along to you for the price of your email.

silent_trombonist @ msn.com

If you could send me a copy then that would be great. It's all more material to read through and hopefully take a few ideas from. Is there another approach I could take then as well? Other kinds of characters that would also be useful to a newbie PvPer?

You've got mail. Hopefully that will give you some insight.

As for characters that are cheap and effective, a trapper and blizzard sorc come to mind. They can usually be pretty decent with not a lot of wealth spent. I'll think about others...

Thanks! Oddly enough, the other sc character I'm playing is a trapper. Sitting on the brink of Hell at the moment so that might be a faster route for me at the moment.

PvM focus and gear for the moment with her however.

SiTro said:
The current character I'm building is a druid following Stoutewolf's fury/rabies build. Will this work alright to break into PvP with? Untwinked while he goes through the game, when he's been pat'ed I'll mule what gear I can get on to give him a chance.
Also, read electric blues guide. It is 1.10 guide, but it is the best wolf guide I ever read

Thanks for answers Sint & Denton :thumbsup: I think I will go with shield, having max block and max PDR looks damn tasty.

Liquid_Evil said:
I actually hashed out a budget Fury/Rabies wolf guide for SP. If you're interested I can pass it along to you for the price of your email.

Hey, please forward it to me too :smiley: nex at email.t-com.hr

I actually started fury ww because I think I don't have items for fury/rabies, I would like to see what your budget guide says about it. It seems fury/rabies needs full inventory of Spiritual skillers to be effective without (beta) bramble, and there's always switch weapon problem (and I sold my +2/-48 DW). And if these skillers don't have alot of +life then wolfie has way too low life. Pure fury is much easier... and weaker.

Hey nex, I think you're too rich for the suggested equip so I'm not sure how appropriate it would be for someone like you. Several players hashed out budget guides to help get people involved. This is Sint's project and he should be posting it before too long (all the guides and misc pvp information). I think we are waiting on one more guide (trapper) from kabal.

Liquid_Evil said:
Hey nex, I think you're too rich for the suggested equip so I'm not sure how appropriate it would be for someone like you.

So, that's not only budget guide, it's budget guide? :wink3:

Send it anyway, I might find something useful in it.

Liquid_Evil said:
Several players hashed out budget guides to help get people involved. This is Sint's project and he should be posting it before too long (all the guides and misc pvp information). I think we are waiting on one more guide (trapper) from kabal.

Cool. That might lure some of these misguided PvM souls to our parties in Moor :smiley:

BTW is anyone writing zealot guide? I kinda doubt it since it's unpopular build... if nobody is doing it I will write it.

*bump*

Looking for someone who's up for few duels and can host. Any such person here? :smiley:

Hamachi host up.
Networks: Diablo II SPF, Diablo II SPF 2, Diablo II SPF 3, SPF LLD, Sints
Password (for all): iblamedurf
IP: 5.58.140.155
High level duels. Preferable GM, but as usual I'll take on BM people with my GM duelers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High