The PvP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll host dueling for a little while with my incomplete wolfbarb.

1.11b with RWM loaded, and I use both RWM and RRM

ISO: nice person who's willing to host game and drop ears :smiley:

I offer you a Finnish(where's that?) host with the best PvP skills in the entire universe, losing only when the opponent has better equipment, or when the opponent's build is technically impossible to win due to strategy/character skill differences. Last and best, he's as modest as they come... and seems to like speak of himself in 3rd person, because that's just 1337.

I'll host dueling for a while with my not-so-pvp wolfbarb. edit: and still incomplete I must add!

Ah, you know, it would probably work better if I actually made a MP game, not SP game. :prop:

rehosted

Denton said:
I offer you a Finnish(where's that?) host with the best PvP skills in the entire universe, losing only when the opponent has better equipment, or when the opponent's build is technically impossible to win due to strategy/character skill differences. Last and best, he's as modest as they come... and seems to like speak of himself in 3rd person, because that's just 1337.

I'll host dueling for a while with my not-so-pvp wolfbarb. edit: and still incomplete I must add!

Hosting for a little while.

I have a different character this time than ever before. Not that it's an original design though.

Denton said:

I have a different character this time than ever before. Not that it's an original design though.
Need more! More people. Zhao and Nex are here, come join the orgy. Whops, did I say that out loud?

Anyone up for some duels? I wanna try out my new druid. Hes not complete but wanna see where he stands.

Wow...Way back in the day there was only about 4 or 5 people that actually pvp'd here and now...over 100 pages...Sorry, I was one of the the earlier pvp pushers here also known as Select...this is cool. too bad I lost all my chars. The rules are more strict now too. It's been a long time.

Most of us play under BM rules (Bad Mannered). It's usually pretty lax and outlined something like this:

Duels take place in Hell.
No potions, mercs, wells, or shrines.
No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armor.
No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, or Bone Prison.
No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
No curse charges. Chance to cast is acceptable.
No overabsorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak.

I do hope you remember me, and if you need any items (I'm RRM/RWM) to get a pvp char back up and going, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Yeah I remember rockin the pvp games with you and a few others for sure! I'm contemplating getting a character leveling soon again. I'll hit you up one day when I'm at the top again.

Demos and Swiftwind...good times.

Anyway, go check out the [DOA] PvP challenge halfway down the page. It's a good time and will put you in a good pvp frame of mind (gogo trash talk) and hopefully help motivate you to get back in on the action.

I just rescued this poor thread from 3rd page! Some useless threads (like FAQ, nobody reads it anyway :tongue: ) should be unstickied and this one put at the top :smiley:

OK, now it's time for some nooby questions.

Trapsin: claw/claw or hoto/shield?

Claw/claw:
+ sligthly better dmg (I have pair of plain +3 traps claws, nothing fancy like +3trap/+3ls)
+ much higher life
+ can block spells and smite
- lower block vs barbs
- lower res & PDR, must use Fade (I would rather use BoS)
- it's harder to get high FCR

HOTO/Stormshield:
+ block vs barbs
+ easy to get max PDR/res without Fade
+ easy to get 102 FCR (is it even needed or is 65 enough?)
+ can use BoS (gogo running!)
- lower life (much lower life)
- cannot block Smite and spells

CRG's uber traper used HOTO/shield in Challenge in Moor, but every trapsin I dueled was c/c (but many of them were ww/trap hybrids).

Help, I'm confused :undecided:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High