The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: The Noodle Compound (Spring 2009 OT Thread)

Ruby weapon is easy compared to Emerald. Ever defeated that guy? Darn, that battle took me 2 hours I think.

I don't remember it taking nearly that long, but it's been years since I've played that game. 3x maxed Mimic + maxed KotR I think. I remember the first time I tried I forgot to unequip the counterattack matteria (that's what it was called, right?) and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

I had to kill so many little orange blobs to get those matteria. . . .

ok, CSI nuts, got a question:

I started tuning into CSI just now and saw Nick in a sealed compartment (looked like a coffin or something) and Warrick is watching him thru a camera and then Nick shoots out the light and Warrick calls him a not nice name. it's a commercial now (oh, back on!) and im so confused!! Nick is singing now... i really need to start watching CSI again.

The part with Nick in a coffin is an older season ender. Few years ago.

well, yes i know that. :) i catch the re-runs on Spike. and he was just being attacked by ants, which really sucks. *shudder* hmm... i think im asking was he kidnapped by a psycho or something? *another shudder* ohh, that's gotta hurt! :(

just got done watcihng it. WOW. now i remember why i like CSI. sigh. that and Law and Order: SVU. i think i need to put the cartoons on hold-wait, did i just say what i think i just said?! Cartoons on hold? am i nuts?! no, all joking aside, i need to pick up my CSI and SVU habit again.

So who knew the item duplication trick in FF IV?

I did, but never bothered taking advantage of it. FFIV is the easiest game in the series (Mystic Quest is donkey doo and doesn't count) IMO. There's no shortage of high-damage crap for Edge to throw and making cash is easy so I don't see the point.

One mystery I haven't solved yet is what possible common monsters are available to Rydia as "secret summons". I've only ever gotten two - an Imp (?) in the Antlion Cave and a Bomb-type (Grenade maybe) on the Moon.

Does anybody here own FFIV Advance and if so, is there any added content or anything that makes it worth owning if I already have the SNES and PSX (Chronicles) versions?

I did, but never bothered taking advantage of it. FFIV is the easiest game in the series (Mystic Quest is donkey doo and doesn't count) IMO. There's no shortage of high-damage crap for Edge to throw and making cash is easy so I don't see the point.

One mystery I haven't solved yet is what possible common monsters are available to Rydia as "secret summons". I've only ever gotten two - an Imp (?) in the Antlion Cave and a Bomb-type (Grenade maybe) on the Moon.

Does anybody here own FFIV Advance and if so, is there any added content or anything that makes it worth owning if I already have the SNES and PSX (Chronicles) versions?

yes yes and yes Dredd.

I think there are about a dozen or more summons Rydia can get. Hard to find tho.

And yeah I have the gba version - have to check tho. Havent played it in ...ages.

Spoon Dagger FTW!

Edit: Google Rydia and check the link for the FF Wiki. The info you need is listed there.

ok, CSI nuts, got a question:

I started tuning into CSI just now and saw Nick in a sealed compartment (looked like a coffin or something) and Warrick is watching him thru a camera and then Nick shoots out the light and Warrick calls him a not nice name. it's a commercial now (oh, back on!) and im so confused!! Nick is singing now... i really need to start watching CSI again.

That is the very best episode of CSI imo. Brilliant.

I don't remember it taking nearly that long, but it's been years since I've played that game. 3x maxed Mimic + maxed KotR I think. I remember the first time I tried I forgot to unequip the counterattack matteria (that's what it was called, right?) and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

I had to kill so many little orange blobs to get those matteria. . . .

Also, you had to level up 2xCut to 4xCut with Counter materia and give that shuriken lady the Conformer or something. Then she'd hit 9999 just by being hit. She was my mass hitter back in the ol' days.

It's, like, 35 minutes away for me. Elly's talked about getting a dinner together or something - I'll probably be up for that. Show up, order some noodles, suck back a few moonshine and rainwaters, steal a few wallets. Sounds like a blast.
So it's this week - PM if your in town and can get me in.

I have held my tongue for some time but cannot simply let this pass. Mystic Quest was an excellent game for its time!

Well let's see: 6 years = 2191 days = 52584 hours

52584 / 14 posts = 3756 hours per post. I'd confirm that you held your tongue for some time.

Not me. I was smart enough to get myself lynched nice and quick.

Can we expect any delayed FA write ups or a chapter in the Noodle adventure book any time soon?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High