The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Not having been around for a while (long enough for someone to get involved, get engaged and get married!) I of course missed several chapters here, but Congratulations Leo!! You sound happy, which is most important.

I guess you'll just have to hang around here more often so as not to be uninformed anymore!

I guess you'll just have to hang around here more often so as not to be uninformed anymore!
I wasn't doing so well, so I didn't hang around, always think people already find me annoying enough as it is.

I do get why you have to get away from us nutjobs from time to time though.
Nutjobs are never the problem. We've already established that normal equals boring.

Hi, Ariadne!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! It's been so long!!! /hugs I was thinking about you recently. Iron Maiden is coming to play near me next year. I remember you saying it was one of the best shows you've been too and it's Iron Maiden of course I'm interested in going! $350 for starting price!!! :shocked: :ded: So, needless to say, I don't think I'm gonna go... XD I don't have the monies. :'(

We honestly considered November Rain to be in the wedding somehow but we found better songs, lol! It should be an honroable mention. I actually think it played while we ate dinner.... but I can't remember, lol!

I went grocery shopping tonight and noticed that all the bags and heads of lettuce were gone, all the pre-made salads were gone, and my naive little mind was like, "Oh, people must be eating lots of salad for their Thanksgiving meals." Nope! It's all because of the e.coli breakout that Zokar JUST told me about. I should've known-- it's Thanksgiving. Ain't no bitches gonna be eatin' salad! Even the vegans won't be eatin' salad! They're gonna be eatin' tofu and air!

When was the last time we had a penguin roast?

Thanksgiving vegan Turkey, it's made out of freshly baked himalayan air and tofu.

Hi, Ariadne!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! It's been so long!!! /hugs I was thinking about you recently. Iron Maiden is coming to play near me next year. I remember you saying it was one of the best shows you've been too and it's Iron Maiden of course I'm interested in going! $350 for starting price!!! :shocked: :ded: So, needless to say, I don't think I'm gonna go... XD I don't have the monies. :'(

We honestly considered November Rain to be in the wedding somehow but we found better songs, lol! It should be an honroable mention. I actually think it played while we ate dinner.... but I can't remember, lol!

I went grocery shopping tonight and noticed that all the bags and heads of lettuce were gone, all the pre-made salads were gone, and my naive little mind was like, "Oh, people must be eating lots of salad for their Thanksgiving meals." Nope! It's all because of the e.coli breakout that Zokar JUST told me about. I should've known-- it's Thanksgiving. Ain't no bitches gonna be eatin' salad! Even the vegans won't be eatin' salad! They're gonna be eatin' tofu and air!

Aye, it's been long, but I'm glad to see you're happy. Sounds like you married someone from around here?
I went to see Iron Maiden last summer, in Belfast, my bf got us tickets.
We've concluded:
- My bf, who has several unidentified medical issues was incredibly sore and uncomfortable most of the time and me, well the usual issues, including bowel issues and having a very bad day at that, we're a bunch of miserable gits, whereas there's Bruce leaping about and jumping over amps, and he's old enough to be our dad!
- My insides can definitely no longer deal with the noise of concerts, somehow the bass sets inner pain off and I was very unwell.
- In Belfast, you cannot wave the Union Jack happily about, even when you've had The Trooper on your setlist forever.
- Iron Maiden (the song) and Sanctuary are really rubbish
- They didn't play To Tame A Land nor Infinite Dreams, which they should have done instead of, see above.
- Bald middle aged men go bonkers over The Number of the Beast
- Janick hops about like mad, and we suppose he also did some guitar playing under the weary looks of Adrian and Dave who looked a bit like our older cat when he sees a kitten playing with yarn.

Kamap, that penguin is not neglected, it is moulting.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been doing well, Ariadne :(

But you should still come around if you want to, we're here for the good and the bad, so lay it on us whenever you need to!

Just the usual physical issues, nearly having my heart broken - I had heard of heartache but didn't think you would literally feel it that much in your chest as physical pain - and I'm deeply worried about my future as I don't know what to do with my life.

Don't want to rain on the wedding parade though, or I'll scare off the penguins.

Hey hey. Much love to the penguin and Leo!

Speaking of Iron Maiden, and this is a BRILLIANT segue here, who has seen Bohemian Rhapsody? It made me a Queen fan. I’d always liked most of their music but you know how something just “clicks” and you’re like “OMG why didn’t I notice this before?”

How is everyone? I’m sorry I’ve been away so long, it totally was an accident.

Technical difficulties ... it’s because I’m not doing what my phone tells me to do and I’m being punished. :p

@Goldtru: You know its supposed to be the other way around, right? You tell your Phone what to do and if it doesn't listen it gets punished. Though if you enjoy that lifestyle who am I to tell you otherwise.

I like a few pieces of Queen, but Bohemian Rhapsody isn't among it and I wouldn't call me a fan as well. Independently from my personal taste, Queen is a kind of band that produced significant music as an artform, however. That cannot be said about let's say 90% of all music that's been produced since composing is possible for so many people.

I'm not saying that I'm complaining, however. The amount of significant music has certainly increased a lot in the last 100 years. It's just the amount of "lesser" music that increased by yet another order of magnitude... and I probably like a bit of that stuff as well.

A few days ago, I saw a Youtube video which said that our musical tastes are influenced the most by what we heard when we were 13-14 years old. For me, that was about 1980-82. I heard AC/DC a lot and a bit later, heavy metal, but also mainstream Rock and Pop.

@krischan: That isn't true for me. I grew up listening to the radio's, ub40, bob marley and dire straits. I do like those bands but I'm more of a metal and rock fan myself and that is something I brought into the house all on my own, when I was around 16.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High