The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: Red Alert! (Spring/Summer OT Thread)

Mission near impossible:

Get my mage a pair of Spellshock Leggings.

I'll be on here when I go to the engineering computer labs to do work like I am now, during my Analytical Methods of Molecular Biology tutorials on Friday, or when I can use my friend's laptop when he isn't home.

Do you find anything fishy in your friend's laptop?

:devil:

Oh crap, what was that one anime series I was going to get...
I made an effort to remember it so I could download it later...

OH YEAH!!! It's on my e-mail ^^

So here are the series that I need to download (finish downloading) when my laptop gets back to me.
Is anything missing?

Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo - Youkoso Tsugumi Ryouhe (chihiro)
Kyou no Go no Ni (chihiro)
Penguin Musume (chihiro)
ef - a tale of melodies (chihiro)
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto (AnY Conclave)???
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (SS ECLIPSE)
Lucky Star OVA
Rosario to Vampire 2
Clannad 2
ToLove-Ru widescreen (Chihiro)
Najica Blitz Tactics
Hidamari x365 (SpoonSubs)

My average is now 30.66.
Not bad, I got a couple of sub-30 solves. I'm happy.

this thread changes topics very quickly; from anime to laptops to cube solves to coffee, etc.

so...

im thinking of adding somethin like this- minus the WoW content of course:

Recently, there have been a couple of threads in which users are asking questions or need some help, but usually help doesn't come mainly because we CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE WRITING, and much hilarity ensues because there are several grammar and spelling Nazis here in the forums, that will criticize you of bad grammar and/or spelling, ignoring the original question because they, like everyone else, can't understand what you're getting at!

So this is to help you users out there with one-time questions get them answered.

Common types of turn offs found in posts:
1337 speek
AIM type chat
Poor/lack of grammar
No paragraphing (wall of text)
Bad spelling
Lack of information
English not native or well versed in language
Using Enchantment instead of Enhancement, and Rouge instead of Rogue
Or any combination of the above usually makes answering your questions very hard.

1337 speek/AIM type chat
These two can be lumped into one category. This is not your /guild, /say, /yell, /party, /raid /General Barrens chat channel. Nor is this AIM with your friends. All of those in which getting what you want to say out quickly is necessary since it's as close to talking to the person without being on the phone/vent. In online forums you have some amount of time. Things in this category include using numbers instead of letters/words (4 instead of for, 2 instead of to or too), abbreviations (plz instead of please, no instead know, i instead of eye, y instead why etc.) No one is going to see what you're entering until you hit the "Submit" button, so there's no reason to make a post like this:

Now, this pathetic example here is actually fairly easy to follow along (given my inability to speak leet or AIM these days): The guy got a new gun but can't equip it. Simple enough, the answer is to go and learn the gun skill, which is probably the problem.
Here's a better way to write the above post without garnering hilarity pointed at your perhaps lack of education, and inability to write:

Poor spelling/grammar, no paragraphing
Like above, these three can usually be lumped into one category. Usually this category is lacking completly in punctuation, separate paragraphs or blatant misspellings. Here's an example:

In this above example here, there are multiple questions:
1. How do I use bows.
2. How do talents work
3. What is a good way to use them.
4. Do I use talents to learn weapon skills
5. How do groups and parties work
6. How do I get into one
7. How do guilds work.
8. What are instances.
9. How do I use sap.
10. What are professions.
11. Do I use talents to get them.
12. What are some good professions for me to take.

Here's a much better way to write the above post:

If spelling and grammar aren't your strong suits, then write the post in Word or something then copy and paste. Separate your ideas and questions by putting them on separate lines. Even the original post if all of the questions were on different lines would be much easier to read.

Lack of Information
Lack of information is usually just what it says. Not enough information for us to adequately help you.
Example:

The problem with this is we know absolutely nothing about your character. None. As such, we can't help you out.
Better solution:

The above suggestion gives us a lot more info. We know what the person's class is, their gear, their talents and what they do in PvP. As such, we can still make fun of them for PvPing with cloth items, when they can wear mail, and meleeing when they're elemental specced and thus should be nuking.

Author's note: Yes, that is my shaman and yes that is my armory page, however, I know well enough to not just slug things in PvP and I don't do a lot of PvPing so that's why I have the cloth items.

English not being a well known language or native
If you don't know English very well, or it's not your native language, this can also cause problems of people trying to post in English using online translators or their best attempts at English, which usually can spell disaster. The problem with online translators is they may not cover subtle non-direct translations.
For example, in Spanish, the phrase "tener sed" roughly means "thirsty" in English. However, if you take the direct, actual translation of it, it comes out to "to have thirst" while that's a minor example, it's an example nevertheless.
If you know that the English language is not your strong suit, post your questions in a clear format IN YOUR NATIVE language. Chances are there could be someone here who can understand it. (I suppose for this section it might behoove me to post it in other languages?)

Using Enchantment instead of Enhancement, and Rouge instead of Rogue

This category here will annoy greatly Shamans and Rogues respectively, to the point that some will simply make fun of your incorrect word usage and leave it at that.
Simply put, it is enHANCEment spec not enCHANTment spec and roGUe not roUGe.
Enchantment in WoW is something you can put on weapons and armor to improve something.
Rouge is a shade of the color red.

+++++
I know that for a lot of you this might be just preaching to the choir, but we still get people who just have one or two quick questions and then we never seem them again. This is to help those people get their questions answered.

anyone want to help tailor that to something fitting a Diablo themed forum?

The WoW version of this site? :p

Who wrote that? It's epic win.

The WoW version of this site? :p

Who wrote that? It's epic win.
I'm talking about having seen those in this forum, not in the other one. Obviously not the exact same thing, but the same subjects were included.

Was it in the Europe trade rules before they changed them?

Eww, Gorny got a batman 'tar.

I kinda disliked Batman, though Dark Knight was pretty awesome.

Speaking of avatars, I feel like changing mine to the penguin one...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High