The most useless unique out there

Re: The most useless unique out there

I have two melee toons wearing a Snakecord upped to sharkskin belt, for the poison damage that keeps their foes from repleninshing life for 3 seconds. Frees up a charm space in the backpack, so I find it useful for that alone.

On my wishlist: upgrade a Serpent Lord to stalagmite and put it on a charge paladin.

Treads of Cthon is vitally useful gear for a low level Burst of Speed assassin, dedicated to speed-shopping at Drognan and Ormus.

I don't think Flamebellow is very useful; has anyone here built a character around this weapon?

I have two melee toons wearing a Snakecord upped to sharkskin belt, for the poison damage that keeps their foes from repleninshing life for 3 seconds. Frees up a charm space in the backpack, so I find it useful for that alone.

LMFAO. Hahaha. Love how a use has been invented by someone for even the most ridiculous items. Can't wait to see how someone manages to redeem Pluckeye.

Can't wait to see how someone manages to redeem Pluckeye.
Upgraded (to it's exceptional base) Pluckeye has 12-38 (25 avg) damage at level 23. It also has mana leech, which while not amazing, puts it above a lot of bows that don't have mana leech at all at that level.

It's not hard to spot the weak bows (especially if one's relative judgement is at the Windforce/Faith level) but most of them are useful in the sense that they're usually better than the alternative magic or runeword.

I don't think Flamebellow is very useful; has anyone here built a character around this weapon?

Blamefellow is a pretty powerful unique. If you get the max roll on the fire absorb (30%), you essentially have 60% fire res, in any difficulty. It also comes with some pretty impressive fire damage.

The proc offers some okay damage, but it doesn't happen often and it's not damaging enough to carry itself on it's own (a good thing). The oskill has been discussed elsewhere and concludes to be underwhelming.

On my wishlist: upgrade a Serpent Lord to stalagmite and put it on a charge paladin.

Why would you need that much mana steal for an attack that does such high physical damage? Would it be used to alternate between attacking unleachables and regular monsters?

I always figured that the 100% mana steal seemed like a possible option for a build that uses a lot of mana for attacks that don't leech very well (or at all). Socket the upgraded Serpentlord with an Eth to give it -75% target defence, which ought to give a good return on the time invested to strike. Would probably be safest to use it with Blade Fury, but I don't know if assassins often have mana problems that potions can't cure. Though for people with access to Insight I guess that 100% mana steal is still kind of useless.

Upgraded (to it's exceptional base) Pluckeye has 12-38 (25 avg) damage at level 23. It also has mana leech, which while not amazing, puts it above a lot of bows that don't have mana leech at all at that level.

Nice try. But no.

Thinking untwinked, at lvl 23, you would barely just acquire Horadric Cube, when playing /p8, or at /p1 you would be somewhere in the middle of act 3 normal. At this point, it would require helluva luck to have perfect emerald, but anyway, no way you would have sol needed for the upgrade (not mentioning that burning it to upgrade pluckeye ATM would prolly be on the less intelligent side).

In the most favourable course of destiny, you can have two amns already and third from hellforge to cube sol. Also, in late a4 and early a5 sols start to drop on their own (and you will find one through a5 for sure, with this new patch). However, so do exceptional bows.

Comparison:
Pluckeye Edge Bow: 12-38
Gemmed Edge Bow (Ral, Sol, PSkull): (18-19 Dmg) + (5-30 FireDmg) = 23-49

5%ml/2mpk vs 4%ll/3%ml seem about the same to me.

Note, that both options are just very comparable resource waste. If we really and desperately want to socket something, lets just kill Baal with our Zephyr Short War Bow and wait for 4os Double Bow to drop from the first fallen in NM Blood Moor :coffee:

Extra style points for the first double uppd zodded Pluckeye out there, though :thumbsup:

Would probably be safest to use it with Blade Fury, but I don't know if assassins often have mana problems that potions can't cure. Though for people with access to Insight I guess that 100% mana steal is still kind of useless.

Blade Fury isn't much of a drain on mana. It seems like one possible use would be for a kicker (where the damage is based on the boots, not the pitiful damage on Serpent Lord) who wanted to use a mana-hungry second attack. I did a quick search for SPF characters who'd used Serpent Lord but didn't see anything.

Oh, I didn't mean for the Serpentlord to fuel the Blade Fury, I meant for the Blade Fury to provide a fast, easy, safe and comfortable way to steal mana from a distance while holding a Serpentlord stalagmite. Mana which would then be used for whatever mana-hungry skill the assassin actually uses. Kicking would work too, but I figure that most kickers would want crushing blow and a shield (or two claws for Claw Black).

The Constricting Ring :whistling:

Also, Threads and Stormchaser are imo pretty cool items..

Venom Ward.

I HATE this armor.
I've stopped picking them up long ago, but I still get very stressed if I see a golden Breast Plate.

Nice try. But no.

Thinking untwinked, at lvl 23, you would barely just acquire Horadric Cube, when playing /p8, or at /p1 you would be somewhere in the middle of act 3 normal. At this point, it would require helluva luck to have perfect emerald, but anyway, no way you would have sol needed for the upgrade (not mentioning that burning it to upgrade pluckeye ATM would prolly be on the less intelligent side).

In the most favourable course of destiny, you can have two amns already and third from hellforge to cube sol. Also, in late a4 and early a5 sols start to drop on their own (and you will find one through a5 for sure, with this new patch). However, so do exceptional bows.

Comparison:
Pluckeye Edge Bow: 12-38
Gemmed Edge Bow (Ral, Sol, PSkull): (18-19 Dmg) + (5-30 FireDmg) = 23-49

5%ml/2mpk vs 4%ll/3%ml seem about the same to me.

Note, that both options are just very comparable resource waste. If we really and desperately want to socket something, lets just kill Baal with our Zephyr Short War Bow and wait for 4os Double Bow to drop from the first fallen in NM Blood Moor :coffee:

Extra style points for the first double uppd zodded Pluckeye out there, though :thumbsup:

I didn't try anything. I succeeded in providing a scenario when the bow isn't useless.

I never mentioned untwinked or /p8 leveling. If that's your case, then a lot of low level uniques become 'useless' in the sense that you're just going to out-level them that much faster or out-damage them with a gemmed or runed item.

Context is everything, and none was given.

Woooot, what a hate here. And for no reason. The nice try was not meant in any aggressive way :alright:

About the context though. I was thinking about /p settings simply because of the level requirement - you have mentioned "on level 23 ...". That being said, whatever /p settings you play, 1 or 8, you will NOT have resources for upping the bow on lvl 23. Then I speculated about when, if not at lvl 23, you will be actually (not hypotetically) able to upgrade the bow, and came up with late A4/early A5.

The rest of the argument was in the same spirit as my first post about pluckeye - I have reasoned, that at any time you will be realistically able to upgrade the bow, there will always be superiour alternatives, thus rendering the bow useless anyways.

I was not talking about twinked play, where the existence of superiour alternative is self evident.

Sorry, but I simply fail to see the scenario you are talking about.

Venom Ward isn't useless- for a merc on an Andarial runner or in A2 where some mercs have been know to spend the whole act with a greenish tint, for example, it's quite nice. Unfortunately, the supply of Venom Wards is much much greater than its demand. But I wouldn't call it useless.

Woooot, what a hate here.

Sure does seem to me we got ourselves a good ol' fashion'd brawl about to happen. I say we solve this here problem all civilized-like, with a proper game of QWOP to settle who's right once and fer all.

Please post a screenshot of how far you get, or perhaps a picture of yourself ragin' if you've never had the delight of playing QWOP until now, and are too ashamed of your QWOP'ing abilities.

While my tears of laughter were drying, I managed to get that QWOP-guy moving along the ground all the way to the end, 0.1 meter by 0.1 meter. Then I tried to learn how to make him actually run, but gave up on that idea when no easy solution presented itself.

Oh QWOP. Such a wonderful metaphor for humanity's existence and modern plight. We have the tools to get there, but with no idea of how to work them, and in frustration cast them away. The finish, with all its glory, is so far away that it fails sight and mind. Nor is the existence of a finish even as concrete as the ground QWOP runs on.

loljk, just pulled that out of my a$$. (Though I have beaten QWOP :O)

While my tears of laughter were drying, I managed to get that QWOP-guy moving along the ground all the way to the end, 0.1 meter by 0.1 meter. Then I tried to learn how to make him actually run, but gave up on that idea when no easy solution presented itself.

Seriously, best worst game ever.

QWOP? Easy peasy. Hold WP right off the bat. Keep holding WP. Tap Q every so often. Pray that you don't get stuck at hurdle. Win game. :]

But seriously, worst part about the game is the "everyone is a winner" message. I'm obviously not a winner if both my legs are in the air and my neck makes a cracking sound when it hits the floor at a bad angle. Don't mock me. >=(

57,2 meters. Oh you basterds! You havent told me!!

Me: Le running ez-pz
Hurdle: Yo! Wazzup?
Me: FUUUUUUU
QWOP: Press space to restart...

Also, I refuse to participate any longer in this QWOP madness!! Metric system with a DECIMAL DOT ??!?!?!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High