The howling: A forum werewolf game.

wickedswami

Jul 11, 2008
The howling: A forum werewolf game.

meant to get this in an hour sooner, but meh:

The Rules

1) You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.

2) If you post at night I will kill you, no matter what.

3) If you edit your post I will kill you (This includes editing for spelling mistakes)

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. The votes and unvotes must be as follows:

Vote: wickedswami
Unvote: wickedswami

WRONG!!!
Vote: Wickedswami
Vote: Wicked
Vote wickedswami
Unvote

WRONG!!!

Anything else won't be tallied towards the lynch. If you try to cheat with ; or whatever else, feel free to, just hope the others won't catch you doing so. Also, names must be case sensitive.

7) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, they will be lynched no matter what; however, the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion. Half rounded up equals a lynch, but no lock, so the lynchee has until the days end to persuade the town otherwise.

8) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

9) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not. However,

10) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm. If you want to claim a role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you. If you're a townsfolk aka regular forum member, the only person you should be pm'ing (no private aim or msn conversations between each other) is me. Mafia can pm between themselves (or talk on msn or aim) only during the night.

11) I won't be telling you the starting roles.

12) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

13) Do not post at night or edit or I will kill you.

14) You will get mod killed if you are inactive ( at least 1 contributive post a day).

15) Read the rules once more. Have Fun!

Game will start in 23 hours in DAY PHASE. This will be day 0.
Within now and 23 hours, you will be given a PM with your roles. If you have questions, feel free to PM me. If my inbox if full, you can also mail: [email protected]

Thx for the stickificationizationalizingness.

Last edited:
Re: The howling: A forum werewolf game.

All role PM's should have been sent now, if you didn't get one PM me ASAP!. Game starts in 13 hours.

"This weekend is going to be the best!" exclaimed Leopold as she helped her boyfriend, Marahumm, load up their bags into the car.

"Hells yeah!" he replied.

"Silly Americans!" Wickedswami said jokingly. "You guys haven't seen anything yet! This place that we are going to is amazingly awesome and so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as me," chimed in Wicked's girlfriend, Wami. She threw her arms around him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Soon, the four of them began their trip to The Colony, a small recreational resort in the deep woods nesteled in the mountains in Spa. This weekend was going to be one of the funest weekends either couple has ever had.

The car ride there took Leo and Mara's breath away. The natural landscape was unlike anything they had seen in the States. The car ride was flat at first, then it got a bit bumpy and hilly. They were heading up towards the green mountains wearing snow caps.

"The Colony is an awesome place," Wicked was telling the others. "It's in the Ardennes , beautiful landscaping, plenty of wild game for you to hunt, Leo-"

"Hey! I'm not a hunter!" she laughed.

"Anyways, it's not too far from the city, but it's in a well isolated place. People have a hard time finding it sometimes." He chuckled.

"Sounds like my mom's house," mumbled Leopold.

"Should be fun," Wami said excitedly. "I have heard of The Colony, but no one I know ever talks about it."

"Really? How come?" Marahumm asked.

Wami shrugged. "No one really knows anything except it's a nice resort."

They were able to find the side road that would take them to The Colony's parking lot. From there, they would hike the trail leading to The Colony itself and stay there for a few days. When they arrived, they noticed that it appeared that they were the only ones there.

"Are we the only ones here?" Marahumm asked as they got out of the car.

Wickedswami shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe?"

They grabbed their hiking bags and prepared for the fifteen minute walk from the car to the resort. On their way, they chatted merrily, joked around, until a wolf crossed their path. The girls gasped while the guys were startled.

"What?"

"Whoa!"

It was just a lone wolf. Eyes as golden as the sun, dark fur peppered with some white, bigger than normal wolves that Leo and Mara have seen. It just stared at them, studied them, stayed in it's place.

"Are they supposed to be that big?" Leo asked.

"Maybe?" Wickedswami said nervously. "I'm not too sure."

suddenly, it trotted off, mouth open. It looked like it was smiling.

"He seems happy," Leo remarked, a smile on her face. Animals made her happy.

"Let's just get there in ONE PIECE," Wami urged the others and started to walk again. "The last thing any of us need is to be torn to shreds...."

It is now DAYTIME. In such a peaceful community, no one is yet set on lynching people so there will be NO VOTING today. Good luck everyone!

Current players alive:

Noodle
Gorny
Hey
Bad Ash
KrazeIvan
Zhao_Yue
Asrrin
ThunderCat
Ankeli
Spudnik
DII_legend
ITY
Moosehead
Orphan

Last edited:

All role PM's should have been sent now, if you didn't get one PM me ASAP!. Game starts in 13 hours.

"This weekend is going to be the best!" exclaimed Leopold as she helped her boyfriend, Marahumm, load up their bags into the car.

"Hells yeah!" he replied.

"Silly Americans!" Wickedswami said jokingly. "You guys haven't seen anything yet! This place that we are going to is amazingly awesome and so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as me," chimed in Wicked's girlfriend, Wami. She threw her arms around him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Soon, the four of them began their trip to The Colony, a small recreational resort in the deep woods nesteled in the mountains in Spa. This weekend was going to be one of the funest weekends either couple has ever had.

The car ride there took Leo and Mara's breath away. The natural landscape was unlike anything they had seen in the States. The car ride was flat at first, then it got a bit bumpy and hilly. They were heading up towards the green mountains wearing snow caps.

"The Colony is an awesome place," Wicked was telling the others. "It's in the Ardennes , beautiful landscaping, plenty of wild game for you to hunt, Leo-"

"Hey! I'm not a hunter!" she laughed.

"Anyways, it's not too far from the city, but it's in a well isolated place. People have a hard time finding it sometimes." He chuckled.

"Sounds like my mom's house," mumbled Leopold.

"Should be fun," Wami said excitedly. "I have heard of The Colony, but no one I know ever talks about it."

"Really? How come?" Marahumm asked.

Wami shrugged. "No one really knows anything except it's a nice resort."

They were able to find the side road that would take them to The Colony's parking lot. From there, they would hike the trail leading to The Colony itself and stay there for a few days. When they arrived, they noticed that it appeared that they were the only ones there.

"Are we the only ones here?" Marahumm asked as they got out of the car.

Wickedswami shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe?"

They grabbed their hiking bags and prepared for the fifteen minute walk from the car to the resort. On their way, they chatted merrily, joked around, until a wolf crossed their path. The girls gasped while the guys were startled.

"What?"

"Whoa!"

It was just a lone wolf. Eyes as golden as the sun, dark fur peppered with some white, bigger than normal wolves that Leo and Mara have seen. It just stared at them, studied them, stayed in it's place.

"Are they supposed to be that big?" Leo asked.

"Maybe?" Wickedswami said nervously. "I'm not too sure."

suddenly, it trotted off, mouth open. It looked like it was smiling.

"He seems happy," Leo remarked, a smile on her face. Animals made her happy.

"Let's just get there in ONE PIECE," Wami urged the others and started to walk again. "The last thing any of us need is to be torn to shreds...."

It is now DAYTIME. In such a peaceful community, no one is yet set on lynching people so there will be NO VOTING today. Good luck everyone!

I've been asked by Wicked to edit the above into his second post in this thread.

As per Wicked's instruction The day has dawned and voting/discussion may take place.

1. I'm assuming that someone called ahead and did reservations, or they won't be going there at all.

2. I'm assuming that they are the only guests and they didn't see any cars in the visitors' parking lot.

3. There must be some trucks, cars etc around, since it is a "resort," hence employees.

4. Why would the wolf deliberately walk in front of the gang, exposing himself? I thought wolves hunt at night, in packs. Does this one have rabies or something? Maybe mentally unstable? :scratchchin:

5. I'm guessing one of the people the gang are going to meet up later on are going to have yellow eyes?

6. Interesting sticky...

1. I'm assuming that someone called ahead and did reservations, or they won't be going there at all.

2. I'm assuming that they are the only guests and they didn't see any cars in the visitors' parking lot.

3. There must be some trucks, cars etc around, since it is a "resort," hence employees.

4. Why would the wolf deliberately walk in front of the gang, exposing himself? I thought wolves hunt at night, in packs. Does this one have rabies or something? Maybe mentally unstable? :scratchchin:

5. I'm guessing one of the people the gang are going to meet up later on are going to have yellow eyes?

6. Interesting sticky...

1. I agree.

2. I don't agree. It didn't mention any cars or trucks there, but they sounded kind of surprised when it looked like they were the only ones there.

3. There could be another parking lot for employees? Maybe the employees live there?

4. Presumably it's a werewolf, although I was always led to believe they changed during the night, it's quite possible he or she changed during the day - the moon IS visible in the daytime, although not as obvious.

5. It would make sense.

6. This is similar to the forum mafia game, if you didn't know.

~Hey

What stood out to me as strangest was that everyone knows/says it's a nice resort, but no one ever talks about it. The sinister answer would be "because no one comes out alive", but even given how secluded it is, people would notice if no one ever comes back. It sounds to me like a cover-up, that the local people are either in on whatever goes on or suspect it and just dodge questions about it to avoid harming the area's reputation, or because they're too scared to want to know anything about it. Sort of like Dracula's castle - "I'm sure as heck not going up there, but let's not scare away all the tourists".

well at least we dont need to debate on wether or not we need to lynch someone today so thats a plus. i am fearful of the event that will lead to lynching...it is safe for now apparently

So this is kind of an interesting start to a day. No initial night, and no voting, so today just basically is "friendly" chatting to get a feel for people before night shuts us up. Since there is no lynching today, I feel this gives a slight advantage to the werewolves, as they get to gauge who is contributing the most and choose a kill based on that.

Wicked, when you read this, can you please post a list of current players ASAP? I didn't catch the tail end of the signup thread, so I'm not sure as to all who are playing. The reason I ask this is because if I assume correctly, all mentioned in the story are not playing/helping wicked mod.

The question then is, how do the players relate to the story? Obviously the werewolves either are locals or live in the wilderness near the resort. I'm guessing power roles may be employees or special guests, but the fact that there are no cars in the parking lot leaves me questions about how the Colony is populated.

So let me get this straight:

1. The resort is near a town
2. The town has regular folks in there
3. The folks in the town decide who in the resort they are going to lynch?

or am I completely off track?

4. The resort has a set number of roles/players already
5. The set number of roles/players make the decision on who gets hung down in the basement
6. Will the dead be hanging around, rotting and all disgusting somewhere?
7. Do the players/townsfolk get any special features such as phone a friend, phone a taxi, carry a rifle?

when I mean locals, I mean either the population that cares for the resort, or people who either live in a small community near it or in isolated places around it. I've seen Documentaries that show people living in remote mountainous parts of the U.S., so it's not completely far fetched. They tend to live in old places where bootleggers made moonshine.

I imagine that today starts out like any normal horror story, introducing the characters as the make light of their "supposedly" dull adventure, and then night comes and all hell breaks loose.

Yes its a Quaint little Hamlet is this resort! Look at all those beautiful flowers we have got here. I may have to pick some to decorate my room with! And the view is awesome!

*Tootles off to his room*

(Wont be back till morning)

Hmm... Doesn't being bitten by a werewolf cause a human to become a werewolf? Could this not mean that while the towny population dwindles, the number of werewolves (if indeed that is who make up the rival faction) rises?

Stupid idea, but is it not a possibility? Or would it be something we were told (presumably it's something we'd be told, but you never know).

~Hey

Hmm... Doesn't being bitten by a werewolf cause a human to become a werewolf? Could this not mean that while the towny population dwindles, the number of werewolves (if indeed that is who make up the rival faction) rises?

Stupid idea, but is it not a possibility? Or would it be something we were told (presumably it's something we'd be told, but you never know).

~Hey

its not a bad idea. something could turn others into werewolves, but we'll have to wait to see. I think thats more vampires than werewolves.

anyone got some silver bullets? I accidentally grabbed my gold ones by mistake

Silver Nitrate my friend, works on both :)

Indeed, it's a odd start and not one that I am used to.

If it's a resort type thing

The Ardennes is a region with dense forestry, rivers and mountains. So it would have a place to fish too. Seems like the perfect quiet little town...

1. They might have also seen an advertisement and decided to drop in.

2. It's possible that they are the only guests, or maybe not.

3. Hmm.. Horse drawn carriages?

4. The wolf might have been a sentry or lookout, watching the road for new visitors?

5. Hmmm... Old yellow eyes is back. So we're going to have to watch out for a yellow eye role claim.

There is another possibility about the wolf, it might be that only that wolf has yellow eyes, and for a reason. This remains to be seen. There's more than meets the eye here.

6. Indeed.

I also remember reading the "Wheel of Time" series. Yellow eyes denote someone who can talk to wolves, and sometimes they start to believe they ARE wolves - while they're in human form, they live and act like wolves.

~Hey

Maybe the wolf showed itself because it's the alpha male of the pack, and is making it clear to the new arrivals that it is his territory. Could this mean that there is a mafia don type character?

The first thing that came to my mind when I read the yellow eyes thing was Supernatural with the yellow eyed demon. I suspect the main reason for the yellow eye detail drop was simply to allow us to identify that werewolf again later on if he pops up again, so we know it's the same wolf.

With regards to the empty parking lot, is it possible that a tour bus or something dropped everyone else off? I guess wickedswami will expand on it later on though.

I think we might be reading too much into the resort thing? But I am not sure, I would guess its just the story backdrop, but i understand why people are looking for more out of it, and might find more out of it.

@Noodle, do you think big information like that would be available from that early on story? It could compensate for the lack of no lynching today, and could be a good notice by you although that info doesnt really help us cause its still long shot odds

@asrrin: list of players has been added

@everyone: Don't seek too much out of the story, there are no hidden hints of any kinds, it's just a story written by leo to create the right atmosphere (which I think she did great btw).

@Gorny: many thanks for putting the game up as I asked.

wiki said:
Current players alive:

Noodle
Gorny
Hey
Bad Ash
KrazeIvan
Zhao_Yue
Asrrin
Thundercat
Ankeli