The Enchantress Tournament

Nice! That's a rare and valuable find. I've only seen a couple rings with 30+ MF my whole D2 career, with 37% and 38%. And you found a perfect Nagel AND a 36% MF amulet? :greedy:
Yeah, I get 104% from jewelry - can´t complain about that. :azn:

That reminds me... Years ago, I SOLD a 49% Fortuitous Amulet of Luck, before I understood its scarcity. I've never seen another one since. :embarassed: :duh:
Phiona´s amulet was only the second with >35% I have seen. The first was equal to the one you describe, found in the Three Way Dance II tournament.

sorry for the hijack, but this seems an appropriate place to ask ...

On bnet, my mfer necro has a self-found 49% mf ammy. iirc, it was found in normal. Reading the previous posts, it has good trade value. Any guidelines ?

DelBoy

sorry for the hijack, but this seems an appropriate place to ask ...

On bnet, my mfer necro has a self-found 49% mf ammy. iirc, it was found in normal. Reading the previous posts, it has good trade value. Any guidelines ?

DelBoy
If you are looking for a B.net value, your best bet would be to post in the Trade Values forum. Athough, if it were me, I would keep it instead of trading it for duped runes.

I did Act IV a couple of days ago, and haven't had a chance to play since. I found several regular topazes, but other than that, no good finds from normal monsters.

However, the HellForge dropped a perfect topaz and an Ort Rune! Awesome! Probably my best normal HF drop ever.

One thing though. Hephasto was Spectral Hit (as always) and had Holy Shock Aura. He hit me once, and it took of 1/2 of my health! I gulped a rejuv and ran off, and my merc tanked him easily. Is this normal for him? Or did he just hit me with two lightning attacks that both had high rolls?

The Chaos Sanctuary wasn't difficult, but it took a while, spending a bunch of time seperating packs and luring monsters away. While Iron Maidened, I dealt about 1/10th of my health bar's damage to myself, so it was easily managed.

A weird thing happened with Lord de Seis though. He had the Fanaticism Aura on him, and I was pulling members of his pack away, wittling them down, teleporting away and whatnot. After most of them were dead, I walked in, and he had Holy Freeze!!!...?!? What's the deal with this?

Diablo wasn't very difficult. I tried standing right next to him to get his lightning to shoot over me and not damage me, and it never worked. I tried like three times and had to run away each time...And I wasn't swinging at a long range with my Flail either, I teleported directly on top of him each time. Any of you guys know what I'm doing wrong?

He dropped a Badebuckle [unique plated belt], which I plan to use once I get to Nightmare at the latest, and this rare shield:

Beast Shell
Bone Shield
Defense: 54
Chance to Block: 60%
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 23
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x7cb589f0
+77% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Damage Reduced by 2
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
Fire Resist +13%
Lightning Resist +23%
Cold Resist +13%
Poison Resist +13%
30% Faster Block Rate

WOW. This is definitely better than that "Shimmering Bone Shield of Defelecting" I had shopped earlier! I will be using this until I get a Rhyme.

Code:
Forumname        Charname           Current Weapon       Lvl   Waypoint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
atigdng          Summer             Lawbringer (Phase)   83    Hell Arcane Sanctuary
Bladejj          Ms_Enchantress     Kuko Shakaku(shael)  82    (RIP) Hell Palace Cellar
Aerwynd          Flare              Hellplague           69    (RIP) Lister & Co.
Shadow Druid     Inara              Hellplague           63    (RIP) NM River of Flame
Wolron           Olga               Gemmed Double Bow    62    (RIP) NM Tranvincal
Cygnus           Circe              Bow/Jade Tan Do      60    (RIP) NM Diablo
Moar             Eirin              Hellplague           58    NM Pandemonium Fortress
Tartanasia       Charizard          Leaf/Zephyr          53    (RIP) NM Act 3 Lower Kursat
FoghornLeghorn   FearlessFemme      Blood Crescent       53    NM Sewers 2
enithsmith       Paksennarion       Baezil's Vortex      52    (RIP) NM Kurast Bazaar
janmaxim         Justine-II         Gemmed Scimitar      52    NM Stony Field
Niyougegema      Flame              Scimitar Of Quickness49    (RIP) NM Black Marsh
jiansonz         Phiona             "Steel" Flail        49    Cold Plains NM
Docturnal        Mme_Zur            Rare Chu-Ko-Nu       45    (RIP) NM Cold plains
waflob           Stevie_Nicks       Hellplague           45    WSK 2
synax            Jolly              steel/ravenclaw      37    a5 Pindle
wakiki           Cercei             'Steel' Flail        35    Harrogath
Tasdaz           Hot_Pants          Long Bow             31    (RIP) - Infector Of Souls
Yiuman           Willow             fists                31    (RIP) Chaos Sanctuary 
Gaz              Chanty             Rare bal knife       30    (RIP) Chaos Sanctuary 
PetePizza        HotHotHeat         Sander's Wand        28    (RIP) Crystal Passage
Barren           MissFireStarter    Sander's wand        27    Pandemonium Fortress
Morathi          Mory               'Steel' Large Axe    27    (RIP) Flayer Jungle
Chymaera         Faile              Horadric Staff       25    Canyon of the Magi
Quickdeath       Macho_Lady         Morning Star         25    (RIP) Canyon-Magi
Naab             Fierysorc          TalTalTal Long bow   25    AS(RIP)
tweety           Phurby             Steel Battle Axe     24    Arcane Sanctuary
Freekje          Energetica         Rare Throw. knife    24    (RIP)
lpblasch         Tressy             2os scepter          23    (RIP) Spider Forest
Skunkbelly       Skunkflame         2xTal long bow       22    Far Oasis
Dornak           Flame_Bait         'Steel' Large axe    20    Lut Gholein
ThaCheeZe        ChopChopBaby       'Steel' 2-hsword     19    Lut Gholein
AndiDi           FlamingLips        'Steel' Large Axe    19    Inner Cloister
skoolbus         Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh    Crystal Sword        16    (RIP) Barracks
TrubbaNot        Greg               Magic Scimitar       16    Dark Wood
Yiuman           Wilow              'Steel' Large Axe    15    Outer Cloister
EmperorMoo       MissFlamey         Gemmed Bardiche      15    Outer Cloister
Cattleya         Candice            Scythe of the Leech  15    Black Marsh
IronCrown        BloodGeon          Broad Axe            14    (RIP)Black Marsh
Seein2Stars      TP-Sorcme          Gemmed Long Bow      12    (RIP)Stony Field
Smilts           FuryStrike         Gale Pale Bardiche    8    burial grounds
NacRuno          Rapidash           Gemmed Axe            6    Cold Plains 
DuesNox          Blzing-Sddls       Short Staff           1    Rogue Encampment
ZeN                  ?              Short Staff           1    Rogue Encampment
Eudoxos          Fireclaw           Short Staff           1    Rogue Encampment
nubikoen         XXXXXX             Short Staff           1    Rogue Encampment

Diablo wasn't very difficult. I tried standing right next to him to get his lightning to shoot over me and not damage me, and it never worked. I tried like three times and had to run away each time...And I wasn't swinging at a long range with my Flail either, I teleported directly on top of him each time. Any of you guys know what I'm doing wrong?
[/CODE]

The lightning hose from Diablo starts very close to him on Normal. NM and Hell is much easier to get inside the hose. Usually I don't even try getting inside on Normal, but you should be good from here on in.

Congrats on your nice progress so far.

GL

IC

Looks like its not to late to join in. Since I am getting annoyed with just watching my merc and valk kill stuff in obsession I want to get into the action so will give this a try.

Sophie has only done a little bit so far. The Den of Evil was simple. Bloodraven took a while to kill but wasn't particulary dangerous. The caves were a different matter. Ran into a spectral hit archer pack on level 1 and a cold enchated pack on level 2 in addition to Coldcrow. Had a couple of NDEs right there.

Code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
atigdng          Summer             Lawbringer (Phase)   83    Hell Arcane Sanctuary
Bladejj          Ms_Enchantress     Kuko Shakaku(shael)  82    (RIP) Hell Palace Cellar
Aerwynd          Flare              Hellplague           69    (RIP) Lister & Co.
Shadow Druid     Inara              Hellplague           63    (RIP) NM River of Flame
Wolron           Olga               Gemmed Double Bow    62    (RIP) NM Tranvincal
Moar             Eirin              Hellplague           58    NM Pandemonium Fortress
Tartanasia       Charizard          Leaf/Zephyr          53    (RIP) NM Act 3 Lower Kursat
enithsmith       Paksennarion       Baezil's Vortex      52    (RIP) NM Kurast Bazaar
Niyougegema      Flame              Scimitar Of Quickness49    (RIP) NM Black Marsh
Docturnal        Mme_Zur            Rare Chu-Ko-Nu       45    (RIP) NM Cold plains
wakiki           Cercei             'Steel' Flail        35    Harrogath
Tasdaz           Hot_Pants          Long Bow             31    (RIP) - Infector Of Souls
Yiuman           Willow             fists                31    (RIP) Chaos Sanctuary 
Gaz              Chanty             Rare bal knife       30    (RIP) Chaos Sanctuary 
PetePizza        HotHotHeat         Sander's Wand        28    (RIP) Crystal Passage
Barren           MissFireStarter    Sander's wand        27    Pandemonium Fortress
Morathi          Mory               'Steel' Large Axe    27    (RIP) Flayer Jungle
Chymaera         Faile              Horadric Staff       25    Canyon of the Magi
Quickdeath       Macho_Lady         Morning Star         25    (RIP) Canyon-Magi
lpblasch         Tressy             2os scepter          23    (RIP) Spider Forest
zatlaren         Sophie             Rare Short Sword     12    Cold Plains

The lightning hose from Diablo starts very close to him on Normal. NM and Hell is much easier to get inside the hose. Usually I don't even try getting inside on Normal, but you should be good from here on in.

Congrats on your nice progress so far.

Thanks!

Act V hasn't been very difficult, but it's enormous. I knew this before, but doing full clears really brought the point home. The Halls of Anguish / Pain took approximately ten years (each :tongue:).

This has been the most rewarding act so far, both for experience and items. I've been finding Topazes very consistently since Act IV, enough so that when I bought an Artisan's Great Helm of the Jackal (+1 life! Woohoo!), I was able to put 3 Perfect Topazes in it and still have some Flawless left over for Gem Shrines. I also shopped some Russet Greaves of Luck (15/35) from Anya. Anya gave me an orb with +1 to Sorc Skills and +3 to Enchant for rescuing her!

Other finds include 3 Sigon's Shelters (lol), Sigon's Guard, and an 8% FHR large charm. By the way, I've forgot to mention this earlier, but I've had some really weird luck with hit recovery charms. I've found a total of four 12% grand charms, another grand with 11% lit res (which I am using), and this large one. I've never used more than two, but I have them all stashed.

I'm about to take on the Ancients; I doubt they will be very difficult. I'm currently dealing 619 max damage and have 214 MF (my rings and ammies need some work).

So that's my boring update. I didn't have any interesting monster encounters, so...:undecided:

Code:

wakiki           Cercei             'Steel' Flail        46    Ancient's Way

How things have changed!

First, let's get a few things out of the way. The Ancients were easy, killed them on P8, some monsters in the WSK1 dropped a Goldwrap (!), the last two sets of minions had to be split up, Baal was easy and dropped crap, the cows were easy and I found a +11 resist all Grand Charm :)smiley:), yada-yada. I also shopped a pair of Greaves with 39% Fire resist and 35% MF from Anya!:grin: I will likely never replace them.

On to Nightmare.

WOW, is this a totally different ball game or what! I can't let myself be surrounded any more! My resists were all hovering just above 0 (I forgot the Cows at first and went straight into NM, so I didn't have that Grand Charm yet. I also hadn't got the boots from Anya.)

I was facing an FECE archer on the Cold Plains, and had killed all of her minions. I decided to let her hit me, once, just to test out her damage. She took away about 300 of my 350ish health! AHHHH!:shocked:

Needless to say, that really freaked me out, and I played alot more carefully afterward. I didn't have any other close calls, but I did have to loosen my potion straps. The Forgotten Tower will be scary indeed!

After my session, I re-rolled a 43% magic find Amulet (3 rings->1 ammy), and these gloves:

Pain Hold
Sharkskin Gloves
Defense: 48
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 25
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x2c7755ba

+4 to Dexterity
+20% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +30%
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Half Freeze Duration

Neat! This puts my Lightning/Fire resists at ~ 50, my Cold at ~ 10, and my poison at ~ -10

That's all so far. I haven't been playing any other characters; I like Cercei too much!

SUMMARY

Areas cleared: Ancients Norm - Dark Wood NM; Black Marsh Next
Placement: 5th among the living, 13th overall
Near Death Experiences: 1 (2 total)
Magic Find: 272

Code:

wakiki           Cercei             'Steel' Flail        49    NM Dark Wood

found some time to do some more.
Just finished NM Andariel - not as easy as I thought, despite her apparent dislike of fire ...

Code:

waflob           Stevie_Nicks       Hellplague           53    NM Lut Gholein

I love enchantresses so im in :D

Code:

Sar         Sara             Short Staff           1    Rogue Encampment

Sounds fun and pretty straightforward. I'm in!

Code:

Sar              Sara               Short Staff           1    Rogue Encampment
TheFaceless      AllThatRemains     Short Staff           1    Rogue Encampment

I had several nasty bosses in the Hole. I encountered a Might + Cursed Devilkin type on level one. He wasn't an actual problem, but the mods were scary nonetheless. On level two, there was a Fanaticim + extra strong afflicted pack and an extra strong multiple shot archer pack. I had dangerous moment with that archer pack, but not a real NDE.

The Tower posed no threat. No stair traps, and no nasty bosses. The Countess was spectral hit, so her Firewall poisoned and chilled me, lol. :tongue: She dropped me a Tir Rune. -_- However, afterward, I made an Edge Bow and gambled for rings, gloves, and circlets, and got an amulet with +1 sorceress skills and 33% magic find, so I was happy.

I found this in the Jail:

[highlight]Langer Briser[/highlight]
Arbalest
Two-Hand Damage: 40 to 92
Crossbow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xf24da7bb

+30 to Life
+191% Enhanced Damage
+14 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-212 lightning damage
44% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Knockback
33% Chance of Open Wounds

Wow! End game gear! I plan on sticking my second Shael rune in this. It has everything I need on a ranged weapon except for poison damage (I have a small charm for that) and cold damage (I'm looking for a small charm for that, but I'll have a Holy Freeze merc anyway).

I cleared the Cathedral, Catacombs, Andariel, and the Sewers without any problems. If any boss posed a threat, I simply spread them out by teleporting around. Andariel dropped a total of nine items, five of which were gems. The Sewers were especially easy and fun with my new Holy Freeze merc. A wormskull dropped from one of Radament's minions, which he is using.

I have a question guys. Where will I first start finding grand Charms that can get +15 resist all? The earliest I've seen one was in the NM Great Marsh.

Code:

Tartanasia       Charizard          Leaf/Zephyr          53    (RIP) NM Act 3 Lower Kurast
wakiki           Cercei             Langer Briser        53    NM Sewers 2

[highlight]Summary:

Black Marsh - Sewers, Dry Hills next

Near Death Experiences: 0 this session, 2 so far

Magic Find: 301

4th place among the living, 10th overall
[/highlight]

Heh, Act II sure is alot more fun in NM than it is in Norm!

I've maxed Enchant / Mastery and am now working on Energy Shield and Telekenesis. The experience in Act II is great, although my finds have been terrible so far. I have had 0 gear improvements - and that includes charms - except for a 3 socket Great Helm with +14 energy. I have 6 Perfect Topazes at the moment, but I'm going to wait until I can stick 4 into an armor before I upgrade my helmet from +1 life to +14 energy. I still haven't found a single Shael rune or 4 socket armor :(
[/complaint mode]

Anyway, I'm getting into the swing of Nightmare better, although I had good monsters spawns. No beetles in the Dry Hills or the Oasis, and no Skeletons in the Claw Viper Temple. The CVT is the most fun I've had playing this character so far. I wish there were Vipers in the tombs - they are some of the best designed enemies in the game, I think. I did have one scary second on level two, where Fanskin & co. were too close to the door to avoid and I tried teleporting past them. My first teleport didn't go off, but the next one did and I held my ground at the altar.

I had one really horrible brain fart in the Maggot Lair. My merc was pounding away at a CE beetle, and I saw that he was CE, but it just didn't occur to me that I needed to move out of the nova range. He died and BOOM, there went all of my mana and 80% of my health! If I didn't have my Energy Shield up I would have been dead for sure. :cool:

Cersei is sitting at the Arcane waypoint. I really want to find a Shael rune in here, heh. As much as I love my Langer, I really want the safety of a shield and to try out some balanced knives that I gambled a while ago - they have dim vision charges and +57 AR.

Code:

wakiki           Cercei             Langer Briser        57    NM Arcane
Tartanasia       Charizard          Leaf/Zephyr          53    (RIP) NM Act 3 Lower Kurast

[highlight]Summary:

Cleared Dry Hills - Palace Celler, Arcane Sanctuary next

Near Death Experiences: 1 this session, 3 so far

Magic Find: 301

3rd place among the living, 8th overall[/highlight]

This seems like a lot of fun and no one has actually beaten Hell Baal yet! so I'm in. Maybe if this works out real well (not expecting to make it to Hell really) but I can use this character towards my untwinked kind of hard to beat the game with sept builds!

Just need to think of a character name... hmmm.

The Arcane Sanctuary was cleared without incident, and without Shael Runes (highest rune drop was Ort). The Canyon had all sorts of nice doodads to hide from the Scarabs' charge bolts.

The first Tomb I entered had two boss packs in it (Beetle and an Apparition), and I had no room to maneuver, so I teleported around and cleared out two of the branches. Then I took care of the monsters in the first room by pulling spreading them out. In the third branch a mummy was annoying me, so I decided to run over to him and knock him toward my merc. Suddenly, a group of extra fast Apparitions shot into the fray and attacked me.

We all know how dangerous a surprise pack of extra fast monsters are. Ghosts, however, are a different matter entirely. Since they don't have to get around each other, the entire pack of them will instantly attack you, sending you into hit recovery and draining your mana in the blink of an eye.

They did just that. Before I could even say "whoa," my mana was gone, my energy shield was stripped away, and my health dropped to 25% and was falling fast. I hit a full rejuv potion and moved my finger to the teleport hotkey as my health dropped to a sliver and all of my mana was lost once again so I used my last full rejuvenation potion while frantically right clicking, and just managed to escape.

The action in the above paragraph probably took a little while to read, but the important thing to realize is that it all happened in the space of about one second. While it may sound like I was being calm and collected, I was really just clicking frantically, with my health and mana shooting from full to 1/4th over and over again.

So once I was several rooms away, I portaled to town, bought more health potions (I had used them all as well), and went back down. Apparently, some of the ghosts didn't follow me while I was teleporting and some did, so they were nice and spread out. It turns out that the second mod the boss had was extra strong.

In hindsight, I should have teleported to the mummy - this is what I usually do – that way, I would have had teleport ready and wouldn’t have been fumbling for it. And when the Ghosts attacked me, I should have switched to my shield instead of trying to teleport immediately.

The rest of the tombs were cleared without any significant problems or Shael runes. There was a cold enchanted / extra fast Apparition group, but they didn’t hurt nearly as much as the extra strong group, and went down easily. But man, do those things move fast or what? I think that Apparitions move faster than Ghosts.

The first time I tried Duriel, I accidentally left the game on players 8, and forgot to grab my balanced knives with Life Tap charges. I couldn’t make a dent in him and my merc kept getting killed, so I restarted on player 3 with my life tap knives, and he went down without too much trouble. He dropped Isenhart’s armor and sword, as well as Naj’s circlet and some crappy rares / magicals.

Overall, Act II Nightmare started out fun, but quickly turned into a miserable slog without a single good item or Shael rune found. I'm really obsessed with finding a Shael rune, haha. :tongue: My only gear improvements were from shopping and gambling, and they weren't significant anyway. Hopefully Act III will be more rewarding.

Code:

wakiki           Cercei             Langer Briser        60    NM Kurast Docks