Show off your Zon here!

Re: Show off your Zon here!

nice zon and very nice write up :thumbup:

Re: Show off your Zon here!

My Single player spearazon is now complete. Great fun!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fend/Charge strike/Lightning strike Spearazon

Skills

20(25) fend
20(25) lightning strike
20(25) charged strike
20(25) decoy
2(7) penetrate <- fail
5 power strike

Gear

Arioc's Needle ( perfect skull )
Kira's Guardian
'Fortitude' wire fleece
Dracul's grasp
Gore riders
Verdungo's hearty cord
Raven frost
Carrion wind
Highlord's wrath
Call to arms/Spirit ( switch )

Leech: 19 LL 3 ML ( +lifetap )
Deadly strike: 97% <-nice
FHR: 52% <-sexy

This character was developed alongside three others as part of a themed project and for comparisons, the full thread can be found here. She exceeded all my expectations and is probably my favourite of the quartet.
Like Little John, she suffered from high level requirements on her endgame gear. Dracs? 76. Kira 77. Ariocs a whopping 81. God. Have you tried to get through act 1,2,3 hell with an un-upped Lycander's flank and a Tal's mask? What a nightmare. But once she got Ariocs at about the middle of act 3 hell, it was smooth sailing all along.

I thought I would be using fend only for LIs, but as it turns out, I used it a lot, mainly for the nice leech. Dracs weren't absolutely needed, but made situations like these extremely easy. No points in DAE to avoid the bug, and 52 fhr + 5 frame fend + leech makes them totally redundant.I could go to sleep in such situations and not care.

I chose crescent moon for the merc mainly to match the lightning theme, but the static helped too. If only blizzard had made the polearm runewords work in spear. Crescent moon matriarchial spear. Ah, if only..

I found that spearazons are a lot of fun, and much more viable than people think they are.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High