Weapons: Blade Talons, War Hammer, Throwing Axe, Glaive, Light Crossbow
Head: Skull Cap, Helm
Body: Ring Mail, Splint Mail, Full Plate Mail
Shield: Tower Shield, Bone Shield
Gloves: Light Gauntlets, Gauntlets
Boots: Boots, Chain Boots
Belt: Light Belt, Belt
Class-specific: Katar, Claws

You lucked out on some very nice skill rolls!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PhineasB and Grisu
Actually, you may use Ctc items:

@Vang: Is it really ok to use oskills? As far as I remembered, we weren't allowed to use those in previous installments of the tournament?
thx, it looks like i misunderstood the meaning of the expression 'Go nuts' :D

Actually, you may use Ctc items:

@Vang: Is it really ok to use oskills? As far as I remembered, we weren't allowed to use those in previous installments of the tournament?
They are so few that someone may make, no sense in not allowing them. Passion is really the only one that is feasible for anyone to reliably make IMO. Also if your going to farm LK to make any of the others, you're probably going to not fail at achieving a guardian at that point anyways ;)

Reactions: Grisu
@Vildecor: Sweet! Looks like a Phoenix Striker!

Fire Blast with only one synergy and Lightning Sentry without any synergies will probably be too weak, the same for Blade Fury without synergies (although it might be a good backup against LI/FI monsters)

Mind Blast allows for some crowd control.

I've never used Dragon Tail. Could this be any good for this roll?

I'll start right ahead! Thanks for rolling me up, @Vildecor!

Dragon Tail would probably only be helpful for releasing PS charges for the extra AR%, plus some extra fire damage and knockback.
Dragon Tail autohits if there are any charges as of 2.4 like all the other finishers. So might be worth a point for that alone.

Reactions: Grisu
@Grisu's random Assassin:

SKILLS:
Fists of Fire
Claws of Thunder
Dragon Tail
Phoenix Strike
Weapon Block
Mind Blast
Fire Blast
Blade Fury
Lightning Sentry

GEAR:
Weapons: Blade Talons, War Hammer, Throwing Axe, Glaive, Light Crossbow
Head: Skull Cap, Helm
Body: Ring Mail, Splint Mail, Full Plate Mail
Shield: Tower Shield, Bone Shield
Gloves: Light Gauntlets, Gauntlets
Boots: Boots, Chain Boots
Belt: Light Belt, Belt
Class-specific: Katar, Claws

You lucked out on some very nice skill rolls!
Phoenix Striker incoming! Dragon Tail as finisher sounds cool. Good luck!

Kat: Hi Guys, updating myself quickly as Dj ran off muttering about mid and high runes and LK (No idea what that is). I’m in the Dark wood. Ran to the waypoint again. DJ seems to complain about the lack of burst of speed (I think he plays all his assassins with it). Stony Field was kind enough to drop from rare a very large chest. I think I heard him mutter something about increasing MF. Oh well, I’m level 14 now.

9434871B-5C50-462D-800B-5808761A0468.jpeg

Destroyer RandomI ( a real vote of confidence, I know) got in some nightmare Countess runs. I still haven't really settled on a plan, and cubing a Lem for treachery doesn't sound fun. The new Pattern runeword isn't super useful with the skills i have, either. Maybe some runes for unbending will for the merc. In any case, it's not bad experience.

The good news, though:

I finally picked up a rare light belt that would be worth upgrading (no perfect amethyst yet) on level 2 of the tower:
belt1.png

Then on level 3:
belt2.png

My first unique that is an allowed type. It's very nice not having 2 belt rows.😂

Minor Update and yes @Grisu a table does need made at some point, but I'm not good with new forums on it. I may just copy paste.
Terror level 30, has reached Hell, as in the Pandemonium Fortress. I have rocked a bow with my mercenary and golem.
I leave you with some fun screenshots.

They are after me!

Screenshot345.png

Duriel has succumbed to my brutal bow skills!

Screenshot347.png

Terror was using terror to live when I inadvertently ran into a group and was trapped. This is all that stuck around after they saw horrors!

Screenshot348.png

lenna, level 24, has arrived at the River of Flame waypoint. I found my first set item near the end of Act III--Milabrega's Rod. Not very helpful. But I found a Sol rune in Act IV, which was a nice little find. I have already found a couple of Tirs along the way, and it will be quick and easy to farm a Ral and Tal from the Countess, so I'm basically set to make 'Insight' as soon as I can find a 4os base in NM. I seem to have better luck finding bows than polearms, and I'm happy with my Rogue merc, so a bow base for 'Insight' will suit me just fine.

Lightning and Chain Lightning are working quite well so far, though boss battles are a bit slow using Lightning. Maybe I shouldn't have started putting points in Chain Lightning. Oh well. I look forward to a re-spec at level 30 to add in Orb and Hydra. That will make this character much more fun.

Ugh... lenna bit the dust against Diablo ☠️ I should have tried to improve my resistances instead of taking a risk against Diablo, but I figured I could finesse my way though the battle. One small mistake is all it takes...

Not to be deterred, since replays are allowed, I made lennatwo after lunch. This iteration of lenna will play it more slowly and carefully, and will stick to p8 longer to get a bit over-levelled. lennatwo is level 13 and gearing up to rescue her old buddy Cain.

Condolences on the loss @little birdy but nice bounce back!

Speaking of which, I made Randi, my trapper to be Sin, and quested her through to Cain rescue before realizing I’d made her in SC. Oops 😔 She had picked up Biggins, which was equippable for merc, but otherwise not a loss.

Not to be deterred, I deleted and then remade Randi in HC. She is now through to the Palace in A2, full clearing on p8. I’ve pumped Fist of Fire, and it’s level 19 now. With CoS for controlling the field, she’s plowed through without issue.

Shopping and gambling has gotten solid gear, with decent MF and middling resists. Which is just fine for Normal at least until A4. Dual Blade Talons have been worked up to, which helps with attack speed.

I’m hoping to finish A2 before we head out for vacation on Friday. I’ll not sure if she’ll respec to lightning sentry for A3, or keep up FoF until A4.

Edit: forgot to add, HC Brandi dropped two Pelta Lunata’s and two green belts (arctic and hrasus), but little else of note, except two high-roll Rings of Fortune.

Last edited:
Terror has reached NM and the is heading towards the Smith. I've achieved level 47 and then dropped it back down to /p1 until I get to the lost tunnels and gain a few levels there.

Iron Golem has been maxed and his thorns aura +amplify damage have gotten been quite solid. I switched to a Rogue Scout as the barbarian was taking to many hits and not maximizing my golem's return damage. I'll see if an Act 2 mercenary fairs better once I can hire a might mercenary, though a defensive one might yield better results.

My gear only is mildly decent because of Diablo's drop (shown below). Everything else is pretty much run of the mill garbage with some magic find on it. Poison Nova is pretty trash even at players 1 with no synergies, hopefully it is able to do some damage, though I do want to get a Harmony Bow and utilize that to the best of my ability as I've been rocking a bow for a while now off and on, but my imbued gargoyle head has 35fire/15res all.

We shall see where this game takes me as I clear out the hordes in the rest of Act 1 and press forward through act 2.

Screenshot351.png

Screenshot352.png

lennatwo is getting back on track fairly quickly here. Just finished Act I at level 19. I kept it at p8 until the Inner Cloister and then dropped it back to p1 for a quicker run through the Catacombs. I might dial it up to a higher players setting again in Act II, but the severe dependence on blue pots is becoming a drag on higher settings. I need to see if I can find or shop some +mana and/or MPK gear to help a bit with that.

Another change from the first go round is that I'm just pumping points into Ice Blast. I'll add in [Chain] Lightning after a re-spec later on. At level 19 now, my Ice Blast is level 13, and it just absolutely shatters everything when I drop back to p1. It's still quite strong on p8 as well, but I can only fire off so many blasts before I run out of mana, so I'd rather kill faster and with fewer blasts on p1. I'm running back to town all the time to re-fill my belt.

Just finished Act 4 Normal with my Amazon. The battle with Diablo was quite a slog requiring a bunch of trips back to town for mana potions. Any tips on a polearm weapon that would get me a guaranteed 4 sockets from a larzuk quest?

Just finished Act 4 Normal with my Amazon. The battle with Diablo was quite a slog requiring a bunch of trips back to town for mana potions. Any tips on a polearm weapon that would get me a guaranteed 4 sockets from a larzuk quest?
I personally wouldn't waste the quest unless it was Partizan. The others are just to minimal damage for the minor irritation of going to town IMO.

Literally I found a 4 socket one just now in Dry Hills NM. Really impeccable timing I'd say.

View attachment 83527

Well there goes attempt number 1.

How about a barbarian with spear and javelin as weapons for my second attempt.

Bummer :(

Barb with Spear and Javelin coming right up..! Give me a couple minutes to roll all these numbers 😅 I get how it works now, but I want to make sure I get it right.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High