Random Tournament 2022!

The Reckless (poorly named by his parents, who could not forsee that he would always take excessive measures of prudence before entering any fight) has reached lvl 25 and finished act 2, currently walking his way through the jungle
My allowed skills made the build very straightforward until now : almost everything in teeth until lvl 18, 1 point in corpse explosion and bone armor, and then everything in bone spear
I'm hesitating a lot if i should use my only curse available, Confuse, as i dont know well how it works in fight
concerning equipments, nothing exceptional. I was happy to find arctic belt wich grants great cold resist, and a +3 teeth wand, now i'm looking for a +X bone spear wand, but it did not come yet

The Reckless (poorly named by his parents, who could not forsee that he would always take excessive measures of prudence before entering any fight) has reached lvl 25 and finished act 2, currently walking his way through the jungle
My allowed skills made the build very straightforward until now : almost everything in teeth until lvl 18, 1 point in corpse explosion and bone armor, and then everything in bone spear
I'm hesitating a lot if i should use my only curse available, Confuse, as i dont know well how it works in fight
concerning equipments, nothing exceptional. I was happy to find arctic belt wich grants great cold resist, and a +3 teeth wand, now i'm looking for a +X bone spear wand, but it did not come yet
In know Attract brings monsters further off screen into the fray. I think Confuse solid do the same.

So, if you want more goons to spear, go for it!

Reactions: gregth
Confuse is a great skill for crowd control, in my view. Casting it around the character can cause some issues, as they will potentially swarm the character. But casting on mobs at a distance should work quite well to manage the battlefield.

Could someone please roll me an Assassin. I’d like stave as one weapon. Can I pick an extra roll of claws for the second? If not, will stick with swords. Thanks!

Confuse is a great skill for crowd control, in my view. Casting it around the character can cause some issues, as they will potentially swarm the character. But casting on mobs at a distance should work quite well to manage the battlefield.

Could someone please roll me an Assassin. I’d like stave as one weapon. Can I pick an extra roll of claws for the second? If not, will stick with swords. Thanks!
PhineasB Assassin

Skills(3,7,14,15,22,23,27,29,30)

Martial Arts: Fist of Fire, Dragon Tail
Shadow: Claw Block, Cloak of Shadows
Trap: Shockweb, Blade Sentinel,Lightning Sentry, Death Sentry, Blade Shield

Weapons(Staff:2, Claw:6) Long Staff, Blade Talons
Weapons(3:7, 7:3 10:2) Short War Bow, Brandistock, Dirk

Armor (5,6,10) Ring Mail, Scale Mail, Light Plate
Head (1,7) Cap, Crown
Shield (2,6) Small Shield, Tower Shield
Gloves (1,4) Leather Gloves, Light Gauntlets
Belt(4,5) Heavy Belt, Plated Belt
Boots(3,5) Chain Boots, Greaves

Claw (3,4) Hatchet Hands, Cetus

Not a lot of shadows, but the rest seem solid for a trapper. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Nice, and the CoS should help mightily. LIs will be a challenge, but otherwise this is a great range of options, and I'm very pleased with the gear options (at least one attractive option for an Assassin in each slot that displays). Thanks @Vang

Reactions: Vang
Act 2 is done. I got two angelic rings in the act which is pretty sweet, if I can get the ammy I will be set for AR for the rest of the game.

I am currently playing as an unsynergised Tesladin and he still kills relatively fast at /p8. I am planning on playing single pass for now, but we'll see if I get bored with the playstyle.

Nothing else particularly exciting - though Duriels Drop was actually good for a change.

Some pics
Screenshot292.png
One of the Angelics (forgot to ss the other)

Screenshot294.png

Screenshot295.png
Hephaestus, Level 28, Normal Kurast

I finished Act II last night (at level 20 as I’m just playing on p1). Duriel was a headache and nearly killed me twice, but everything leading up to the boss fight was very easy. Act III shouldn’t be much trouble.

Just finished Normal. I will stay there for a while to farm needed 4os bases. Level 42. Walking in the park with my char roll =)

01_Norm_Done.jpg

m4ke

Edit:: Is rolling maps allowed (-resetofflinemaps) ? At least it's FAM.

Reactions: coju
My assassin is level 35 and just moved on to nightmare. Wake of fire is still doing just fine - the +3 skills from a Leaf Gnarled Staff help a lot. I'm going to run countess for a while to get some runewords. I'm not sure where the points will go next

• Tiger Strike
  • Claw Mastery
  • Cloak of Shadows
  • Blade Sentinel
  • Shadow Master
  • Mind Blast
  • Wake of Fire
  • Psychic Hammer
  • Shadow Warrior
Blade sentinel falls off fast. It's still ok for killing immunes or adding some single target damage, but I'm not sure if I want to keep pumping points there. Shadow Warrior or Shadow master are probably a good idea but I already have decent crowd control with Cloak and Mind Blast. Without a finisher Tiger Strike is pretty underwhelming too. I've been running an a5 mercenary and he may soon become my main source of damage.

Your random (1) Amazon awaits you!

Skills (1,4,5,10,21,23,26,27,28)

Javelin & Spear: Jab, Impale, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Fury
Passive: Ummm...not today.
Bow & Xbow: Magic Arrow, Cold Arrow, Ice arrow, Guided Arrow, Strafe

Weapons Chosen (Bow and Javelin) Long Battle Bow, Pilum
Weapons (5:6,10:4,13:1) War Hammer, Blade, Throwing Knife

Armor (1,7,12) Quilted Armor, Breast Plate, Plate Mail
Helm (5,9) Great Helm, Circlet
Shields (2,5) Small Shield, Spiked Shield)
Gloves (1,5) Leather Gloves,Gauntlets
Belt (1,3) Sash, Belt
Boots (2,5) Leather Boots, Greaves

Class Specific (1,5) Stag Bow, Maiden Javelin

Really going to be odd not having any passive skills, but Lightning Fury is great!

Just finished Act 1 at level 15. Like a dope I threw away my starter javelin and then realized that the only other weapon I could get in act 1 was the throwing knives. So I used those for a while before noticing another post where someone was gambling for their gear. Lucky for me Gheed had Pilums to gamble.

I still haven't spent any of my skill points yet as I'm not sure if I would rather go javelins or bows. Since all of my skills require the use of one or the other, I'm limited to the long battle bow, pilums, stag bow and maiden javelins. Pilums have such a small stack size, its a bit annoying.

I'm hoping my gear opens up now that I'm in act 2, I can upgrade from quilted armor to breast plate and hopefully fill in the missing gear slots that I had while doing Act 1.

Does anyone know when I will be able to gamble circlets? Or is there a resource for figuring this out? Curious as to when I may have a chance to see some of my gear become available. I may choose my skills (javs vs bows) based on which I see first!

Just finished Act 1 at level 15. Like a dope I threw away my starter javelin and then realized that the only other weapon I could get in act 1 was the throwing knives. So I used those for a while before noticing another post where someone was gambling for their gear. Lucky for me Gheed had Pilums to gamble.

I still haven't spent any of my skill points yet as I'm not sure if I would rather go javelins or bows. Since all of my skills require the use of one or the other, I'm limited to the long battle bow, pilums, stag bow and maiden javelins. Pilums have such a small stack size, its a bit annoying.

I'm hoping my gear opens up now that I'm in act 2, I can upgrade from quilted armor to breast plate and hopefully fill in the missing gear slots that I had while doing Act 1.

Does anyone know when I will be able to gamble circlets? Or is there a resource for figuring this out? Curious as to when I may have a chance to see some of my gear become available. I may choose my skills (javs vs bows) based on which I see first!

Circlets start appearing around cLVL 20-22 or so.

Reactions: Arc1212
Could someone roll me a Sorceress please? :)

Skills:
Cold: Ice Bolt, Blizzard, Chilling Armour
Lightning: Charged Bolt, Nova, Energy Shield
Fire: Fireball, Fire Wall, Fire Mastery, Hydra

Items:
Helm, Circlet
Breast Plate, Light Plate, Full Plate Mail
Large Shield, Gothic Shield
Heavy Gloves, Chain Gloves
Boots, Chain Boots
Sash, Light Belt
Sacred Globe, Jared Stone

Clasped Orb, Battle Staff
Giant Axe, Mace, Throwing Spear

Skills:
Cold: Ice Bolt, Blizzard, Chilling Armour
Lightning: Charged Bolt, Nova, Energy Shield
Fire: Fireball, Fire Wall, Fire Mastery, Hydra

Items:
Helm, Circlet
Breast Plate, Light Plate, Full Plate Mail
Large Shield, Gothic Shield
Heavy Gloves, Chain Gloves
Boots, Chain Boots
Sash, Light Belt
Sacred Globe, Jared Stone

Clasped Orb, Battle Staff
Giant Axe, Mace, Throwing Spear

Fantastic, thank you! Funny enough I was hoping to play a Hydra sorc, and it looks like rng gods agree :) Hopefully I live long enough to actually use Hydras.

Kaltrexia the sorceress is born!

Reactions: PhineasB
Cogratulation on the progress everyone!

My Amazon is kind on the slow and methodical side (i.e. it takes me ages to go through an act), she plays on p8 full clears and single pass, so this is gonna be a while :D

Let me introduce Meninore the Impale/LF Zon with a strong (to be) Decoy Backup.

She started out using her allowed Hunter's Bow which was passed on to Isolde the Rogue on level 16, the point where I could gamble a Spetum. It took 4000 refreshes of the gamble window but I manged to snap a vicious one out of Gheed's greedy hands. Impale is one shotting most monsters even on p8 and I think it is going to be a solid backup skill to LF.
I did not have any NDEs and Andariel was not so bad. Dropped nothing of use of course. No usable S/U items so far.

Stats:
Screenshot078.png

on to Act 2 !

Meninore the LF/Impaleazon, Level 20 in Lut Gholein

I know I don't have the willpower to resist in the long run, so just roll me up a character now :LOL:

I'd like to have an Assassin. If I can choose Claws for my wepon (as a 3rd roll in addition to the two class rolls), then I choose Claws and Maces.

If I can't choose claws, it is Maces and Swords.

I will be playing single pass :)

Has anyone already come up with a table?

(Although I'd really like to make a Silence RW and make an Assassin sniper...but probably not in a single pass tournament)

Reactions: PhineasB
Hey, i have a question :
as i understood, it is not allowed to use an item that has a chance to cast
but on the other hand, its said no restrictions on merc's weapon

What about a merc weapon with chance to cast then ?
By the spirit of this tournament, i'd say it is not allowed, but just to be sure ^^

Hey, i have a question :
as i understood, it is not allowed to use an item that has a chance to cast
but on the other hand, its said no restrictions on merc's weapon

What about a merc weapon with chance to cast then ?
By the spirit of this tournament, i'd say it is not allowed, but just to be sure ^^
Actually, you may use Ctc items:

Vang said:
Playthrough References

• You can use the exceptional and elite versions of your equipment (The cube is quite handy in this tournament!)
  • 1 point into all pre-reqs, but you can't use the active skills. Passive skills are the best as you can increase them through +class or tab items. Items that grant passive skills can be used as you see fit.
  • Charged, Chance to cast, and oskills: Go nuts!
  • Yes, you may respec if you choose too.
  • Reserved for future clarifications/references!
@Vang: Is it really ok to use oskills? As far as I remembered, we weren't allowed to use those in previous installments of the tournament?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High