Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

Act 3 has been finished. No huge gear upgrades were found, though I checked Hratli's selection of Great Helms every time I sold stuff. Settled on one with 20 fire resist and ctc Frost Nova. The merc got one with 10% FHR and 11 lightning resist.

zbfxFp8.jpg

Just like with Duriel, compensating for 2 belt rows by keeping the inventory open. The merc survived /p8 Mephisto, which was nice. I think normal Diablo will probably not be done on /p8, since it's basically a guaranteed solo fight. We'll see.

yUc5b5I.jpg

5 Flayer Shaman fight. Looks scary, but I never had more than 1 focus on me. Plus they fall pretty quickly to Power Strike.
dpkp4MM.jpg

I found this and figured it would make a respectable Rhyme base for some fledgling necromancer.
pwawfmR.jpg

I've still killed everything, even when I can't physically get the rewards.
863modc.jpg

Junk, junk, junk.

Other S/U finds in Act 3: Ravenclaw, Shadowfang, Stoutnail, Shadowfang, and Civerb's Cudgel.

I'm hoping for some lucky runes before the Big D fight. I've stashed a 2os Great Helm, and if I get really lucky, some boss pack's minion may drop me a socketed Gothic Shield. I've also stashed a plain Maiden Javelin to replace the Maiden Pike for a possible imbue.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     35     Harrogath              12
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     29     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     32     Pandemonium Fortress    9
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     29     Lower Kurast            9
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     26     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     13     Outer Cloister          1

Armor choice for Act 5
992CQRtl.jpg

vs
0k5ulxnl.jpg

One shall be put on Frida, the other on merc... losing FRW will make the running feeling so much worse, but it may be interesting to switch before intense battles. For now, defense is a real issue (shield 6, boots 14, light belt without ed, so are the gloves...), and resistances are not - I could even swap in a 18PRES+FHR Gc to compensate for Stealth res loss and still be maxed.

I may give a shot...I have to find FRW boots.

Anyway, next target will be leveling at Eldritch/Shkenk (more probably Eldritch) to get some levels I didn't make as I don't go SP, probably up to 35/37, getting the remaining levels at Baal for goodies (hopefully...). I will request NM roll when Baal running will have started.

Reactions: Grisu
Man that Druid @queenEm looks fun, other than the xbow.

Another thing that I see is Lycanthropy is a useless skill, the easiest option would be allow the use of either wereform with 1 point to make it usable, otherwise we would have to reroll it.
But if I reroll it the new forever skill will be from the same tree?

@Babyhell choices!

@queenEm Like Baby said, it'll come from any tree. I can adjust the rule if you want to keep it. It is already there in the opposite form (You can place 1 point in any wereform for a were associated skill. It IMO would work the same way for Lycanthropy, but you could not get any wereskills in NM/Hell and it would overall be a useless skill, though you do have Armageddon.

Interesting situation. If I got it right @queenEm wanted to go really random, but this useless skill would allow hER a *kinda* free reroll... would She use his own reroll if She tastes it?

#PopCorn

Thanks, yeah he is the worst in Normal I think!!

No, I will go random all the way!

Last edited:
Ahem... she... and her... *cough* 😬

But yeah, an auto reroll seems proper - unless you really want to use Lycanthropy, @queenEm?
I don't see what you mean... don't joke with beer virus!

Hem... sorry @queenEm 🥺

Act 5 - Eldritch running and Larzuk
Could start a bit of Eldritch running, now lvl 32.

Darren gave the first upgrade - somehow - for merc: an ethereal war hat. And for now he is using the Rockfleece.
cVC2L9il.jpg

Soon afterwards got this...should I say that I crafted my 38@ shield in a Small shield just before Act 4, an hour and a half of gaming time ago? Well it served me well, so i'll take this one as a Rhyme base for later!
hGIgtfXl.jpg

Larzuk, on his side, offered this... 24MF instead of 6? Insta-buy!
246zHhWl.jpg

And sadly, I confirmed that the socketed eth polearm I dropped in Act 4 was 3os. Garbage...

Last edited:
I've pushed through to the Ancients tonight and will probably face them + Baal tomorrow. Can someone roll my NM skills please?

Forever Skills
Cobra Strike -> Weapon Block
Charged Bolt Sentry
Burst of Speed

Reactions: Babyhell
Thanks for the discussions and clarifications.

So if the rules allow I would like a reroll on the Lycanthropy. Random...
Going to roll!

Edit:
Tornado
Lycanthropy -> Fissure
Heart of Wolverine

Want to use your own reroll now or keep as is (or I missed something)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu
Auto-reroll: Lycanthropy -> Fissure

EDIT: Lol! Babyhell beat me to it - and even with the same skill! :ROFLMAO:
Updating the first character post.

So Fissure is for sure the next skill, amazing with 2 random rerolls and both the same! Thanks a lot!! :)

I'm hoping for some lucky runes before the Big D fight. I've stashed a 2os Great Helm, and if I get really lucky, some boss pack's minion may drop me a socketed Gothic Shield.

No such luck. Highest rune I got was a Thul, and the Hellforge gave me a Ral. The Izual fight allowed me to lean back in the chair relaxing while finishing my second cup of coffee. All in all, the open areas weren't too bad, and I thankfully did NOT get a spawner + maggot River of Flame combo.

I cleared out Chaos Sanctuary before taking on the seal bosses. Vizier was up first and pretty easy (unless you were the merc). De Seis took a couple of tries before I successfully split his minions outside his aura, and then he was done for. Separating the Infector pack was much harder. I didn't get the hook map, but still ended up having to port out and trek back from the waypoint after getting surrounded in a corner. After the run back I was able to take them on 3 at a time and then took out the Infector solo.

I decided not to play it safe with the players settings, taking on Diablo on /p8. I guess I was in the mood for an epic fight. I switched out the 6 all res Gothic Shield with one with 30 lightning resist from Halbu to reach the mid 50s in both fire and lightning resist. I only ended up in 1 situation requiring a full rejuv. The rest of the time was spent preparing to run as soon as I saw Big D telegraph his lightning hose move and carefully watching the progress of my health bar after taking a red pot.

8eNmbTn.jpg

I love getting his nova shots captured! After 5 or 6 trips to town to restock on pots, I finally got him slivered.

iG7BpBx.jpg

Yep! That's a rare Gothic Shield I see! It's not too bad. This will replace the shimmering shield for now and I'll keep the 30 lightning res one on switch just in case I need it. Time for Act 5 and the search for a good Insight base!

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     29     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     26     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

Act 5, part 2: a Super unique delivery
Anya is now safe, delivered a really nice upgrade... and she was not the only one.

First part was the leveling at Eldritch. This time, the deliveries weren't useful for myself, but there were some goodies anyway.
Code:
Raven Track
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 21
Durability: 10 of 10
Required Level: 13
Required Strength: 40
Fingerprint: 0x402a5564
Item Level: 34
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+19% Enhanced Defense
+3 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +27%
Half Freeze Duration
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds
Ethereal

Lochaber Axe (Amn Tir base)
Two Hand Damage: 6 - 58
Durability: 42 of 50
Required Level: 21
Required Strength: 80
Fingerprint: 0x63f6e563
2 Sockets (0 used)

Brainhew
Great Axe
Two Hand Damage: 28 - 48
Durability: 25 of 50
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 63
Required Dexterity: 39
Fingerprint: 0x3d7e1784
Unidentified
61% Enhanced Damage
+14 to Minimum Damage
Adds 15 - 35 Fire Damage
12% Mana stolen per hit
+25 to Mana
+4 to Light Radius

Wraith Shell
Circlet
Defense: 22
Durability: 25 of 35
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x86e0a2b6
Unidentified
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
All Resistances +11
Poison Resist +15%
Damage Reduced by 4

Decided to stop at 36 instead of 37 - the last point in Charged Strike will be put on the path.
x0vMPXzl.jpg

Then the big deliveries started...first Thresher kill: well, i was going to run him a bit! Sadly the map wasn't great enough, waypoint too far.
qXPkp8vl.jpg

GmTSXWll.jpg

Nec drops...
phnuFWcl.jpg

This helm with 5 life leech for merc...unusable.
SIoCbCxl.jpg

This bow is not a...wait!!!
eF87id0l.jpg

zUhdvBWl.jpg

Yeehaa! But coming at the end of Normal, will not be really put in use. Anyway, decided to put a point in Ice Arrow afterwards. (@Vildecor : give me back Freezing arrow!!! Wouldn't go Immolation arrow in Hell anyway, but maybe I could use Immolation arrow if I roll it again for NM).

Then Anya delivered big time oO
pYnqJQYl.jpg

Finally, ran Pindle until lvl 39. First run, the merc upgrade:
3u6jUCVl.jpg

oHrjYgwl.jpg

46JUvhZl.jpg

SaK2Vv8l.jpg

And 3%ed upgrade...On the Kuko
1vX0caTl.jpg

AjMtYLBl.jpg

Finally, here is current state (res maxed on Charged Strike switch).
fUVXrJLl.jpg

Next will be hitting 40 at Pindle maybe, then go to the Ancients, and get to the Throne room. For now, I'll make a pause on this, I have to think about the last points now that Charged Strike is maxed, I may put the remaining ones in Ice arrow for target freezing - the +3 from the Kuko is a really nice boost. Maybe a point in Pierce too to add up to the 50% of the Kuko.

As a side note, I can now use:
  • Poison javelin
  • Charged Strike
  • Ice arrow
  • Immolation arrow thanks to the +3 from Kuko!
  • Merc handles the physical damage

What a Rainbow build!

Code:
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     39     Crystalline passage    12

Last edited:
Yeehaa! But coming at the end of Normal, will not be really put in use. Anyway, decided to put a point in Ice Arrow afterwards. (@Vildecor : give me back Freezing arrow!!! Wouldn't go Immolation arrow in Hell anyway, but maybe I could use Immolation arrow if I roll it again for NM).

Glad to see Ice Arrow getting some use! ;) Maybe you'll get lucky and *actually* get Freezing arrow for NM.

I figured you might end up with a Kuko, they seem to have a pretty good drop rate.

Reactions: Babyhell
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High