Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

@Jcakes's Dragon roll:
Dragon Claw
Dragon Tail
Wake of fire
Dragon Talon
Charged bolt sentry -> Blades of ice

hmmm ... not sure what to do with that. Maybe Dtail + Blades of Ice? Or Dtail + Dtalon. I don't think I want to Dclaw it up....

NM going to be tough without CoS.

@Vang - Those are some seriously great boots! Awesome gamble!

Great progress to everyone else too, some cool builds coming together!

--

Forever Skills:
Dragon Claw -> Fire Blast
Phoenix Strike
Death Sentry
Lightning Sentry (locked in from Normal Difficulty Skills)

Normal Difficulty Skills:
Lightning Sentry
Dragon Flight
Shadow Warrior
Charged Bolt Sentry
Dragon Talon

Armor:
Light Armor
Great Helm
Small Shield
Gauntlets
Heavy Boots
Light Belt

Weapons:
Katar
Cestus
Kris

Things are getting a stupidly easy now that LS is gaining traction. She soon found the figurine, and dispatched Sszark with ease. Once she hit 27 and tolled her 63rd point in strength, she shopped a Great Helm to finally fill her helmet slot (and get some LR while she's at it).

0Qs4Je3.jpg

She drew gloams in the GM but honestly she's so powerful with LS that it didn't even matter. She's basically only limited by how quickly she can drink mana pots so it was right through to Endugu, found a unique ring (which tuned out to be manald) and then Stormtree fell and in to the cities she also cleared out Sarina's temple and the Sewers.

The Council was no problem as she just kept her distance from the hydras, and into the Durance she hit level 30 and popped a point into DS. I won't be using it yet, but it's always good to havea corpse disposal option, just in case. The Meph fight was (big suprise) easy, Silika kept her diatnce and spammed LS

i0IYjPN.jpg

His drop produced a rare Great Helm which she was very excited about, but unfortunately the stats on it were garbage. Whew, that was an easy act. Here's how her randomly-rolled stats are looking at the end of act 3.

S3sFQPf.jpg

Vitality still leading the way, so that's great! Energy is also still in last place, also great! I'm hoping she starts rolling some more into dex so that she can equip one of the higher-tier claws, should she find one that has good stats. Lots of time for that yet, though.

Silika, the Trapsin - lvl 30, Pandemonium Fortress

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     39     Crystalline passage    12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     30     Pandemonium Fortress    9
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     29     Lower Kurast            9
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     13     Outer Cloister          1

Well, Shiv kicked her way into nightmare. I decided to do /p8 all the way and Lister and company was a 15+ minute fight and Baal pushed 30m. Wasn't ready for that too much.

Can someone roll up my NM skills:

Forever skills:
Cloak of Shadows
Cobra Strike --- Tiger Strike
Mind Blast

I did get a Cleglaw's which was an upgrade over claws because of the high deadly strike with the kicks, so I used that to go beat on Nith real quick to finish out my quest in Act5.
Screenshot049.jpg
Screenshot050.jpg
Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     NM Rogue Camp          15    
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     30     Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     13     Outer Cloister          1

Welp that was incredibly embarassing - not paying enough attention and died to a Zombie in A1 .... oops.

Was trying out the skills and not paying attention to my life.

Screenshot049.jpg

Can someone roll me something completely random?

@Vang on it.
2 - 7 = Shadow Warrior
1 - 9 = Dragon Flight
2 - 5 = Cloak of Shadows => 3-4 = Charged Bolt Sentry
1 - 6 = Claws of Thunder
3 - 3 = Blade Sentinel

Sorry not great rolls ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Vang
@Jcakes : rolls done!

Random class is Paladin!

Forever skills
2-6: Holy freeze
3-5: Charge
1-8: Meditation-> Concentration (initial reroll)

Normal skills
2-4: Blessed aim
3-7: Blessed hammer
1-5: Cleansing
1-2: Resist Fire
3-10: Fist of the heavens

Weapons
Axe: Large axe->Mace: Flail (initial reroll)
Scepter: War scepter
Scepter: Scepter

Class specific
Heraldic shield

Armor gear
Armor: Medium
Helm: Full helm
Shield: Small shield

Gloves: Chain gloves
Belt: Plated belt
Boots: Heavy boots->Boots (initial reroll)

Initial rerolls done!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcakes
Meditation->Concentration
Large Axe->have to check between full reroll or only Axe reroll: it is full reroll.
Heavy boots->Boots

Well I messed up with the double weapon type (forgot that rule). I will first roll the double between Scepter and Axe (Mace should have been ignored), then ask for the weapon reroll.

Edit: Scepter rolled double, Scepter added. Do you confirm a reroll on Axe?

Last edited:
Niminy has reachedl level 21, has made it to the last waypoint in act 2, and is almost fully kitted out in assigned gear (still no gauntlets yet): He made a steel runeworded morning star, found a Hsaru's Iron Stay belt, and is wearing some forgettable magic heavy boots, scale mail, mask, large shield, and jewelry.
Looky how handsome his clothes have made him! NiminyDressed.png

Well, not exactly cover material for a gentlemen's magazine, is he? Charsi sounded interested at first, but alas, even she doesn't want to go on a date with him. Anyway, this is as far as my previous attempts made it. Here's hoping Niminy can defeat Duriel...

Code:
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     21     Canyon o' Magi          3

Hmm, let us see..I could lock in Blade Sentinel or Shadow Warrior or Claws of Thunder.

Edit: No I'm going to lock blade sentinel as I think i can make it work.

Last edited:
Normal completion: a p7 shot that could be the end
No spoiler, Frida is now Destroyer!
cWpQe2Ml.jpg

Let's see how the things happened...

First, after @Vang's fantastic boots, i decided to gamble for pieces upgrade. The two major points were the belt (lowsy rare from...act 1?) and the boots (14MF only). Gloves afterwards, but at 24MF it starts to count.

Things took a while to start, started gambling with close to 300k. At 86k left gambling Light belts and Heavy boots, the belt upgrade was found:
R4XgmLxl.jpg

Few tries later focused on boots... certainly not as good as @Vang's tri-res ones, but still!
bGmWUIKl.jpg

Then gloves were close to deliver on the last tries... but i kept the 24MF ones
2Pcv5JGl.jpg

1lENC9tl.jpg

So it was time to complete lvl 40 at Pindle as planned. The boy was kind enough to deliver some useful tool:
rNrctrJl.jpg

7zspwU8l.jpg

Great! It was time to march towards the ancients. And When i found them, it took literally seconds before they slept again...
h3yCxvkl.jpg

WSK delivered some useful runes
ONqKo19l.jpg

GAO5zXWl.jpg

NHpVorDl.jpg

And map is nice for leveling
kVGnxS1l.jpg

2FcvVWrl.jpg

And after this close call avoided only by being behind Baal... which is not without consequences, couldn't get to the opened teleport -_-
UQQESFxl.jpg

I fcked up with Baal's kill screenshot. Well, anyway, he was dead, and it was time to craft a Rhyme Small shield :)
UMZtElul.jpg

And for now, at lvl 43, with over-resistances on Charged Strike switch, i'm only lacking 19 cold res on Kuko's one. Not a bad status!

So it's time for me to level a bit doing Baal runs, at least getting XP, maybe getting upgrades. Will do it on p5 in order to be safer.

Edit: evening session brought me to lvl 48/55 targeted. I may push 51/52 tomorrow.
Edit 2: lvl 55 hit this evening. Let's go on to NM then!

So well see you later for nice Baal drops and NM... @Vildecor ii'll take my NM skill rolls! (Please allow him to be fully responsible of my failure...just in case! ;-) )
Forever Skills
Fend
Charged Strike
Jab -> Ice arrow (initial reroll)

To-be-lost Skills
Poison Javelin
Decoy
Guided Arrow
Poison Javelin -> Immolation Arrow
Pierce

Code:
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     55     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     21     Canyon o' Magi          3

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High