Random Tournament 2007

Vang

Staff member
Guide Author
Feb 23, 2006
Random Tournament 2007

Hello;

Last year when I converted from battle.net to the SPF, Skunkbelly was holding a rather fun tournament. Everything was randomly chosen from a set of items. Now, I rather enjoyed that tournament, so I'll attempt to get it as close to what he had with a few adjustments I would assume(Can't see his original post)

Rules:

1. HC only
2. RWM and RRM are allowed HOWEVER no rune words not found in vanilla 1.11 are allowed.
3. Any player setting is allowed, please no cheese for popping chest.
4. No MP
5. No rerunning areas.
6. All quest do not have to be completed neither do all waypoints need to be activated. Your points will be affected though.
7. May not go back to previous difficulty. You are allowed to go back to a previous act to complete a quest(Imbue, Socket, etc)
8. Any merc allowed
9. Starter equipment may be used.
10. Replays are allowed, but a different class must be chosen. A total of 7 tries.
11. Someone must roll you up, other than yourself
12. You do not have to use any skill you get chosen if you choose not to(for instances you get increased stamina, you can elect not to place a point into it.)
13. Re-roll: You are allowed to get a skill and/or Equipment choice rerolled once per character. Example: You get Sash chosen as belt, and choose reroll, it can be anything, including a sash again. Sometimes fate decides for you.
14. Atma is allowed
15. No save and exit when your about to bite the dust.

Scoring:

1 point per waypoint.
2 points per quest complete.
5 points for difficulty completed.
In the event of a tie, lowest character level will be declared the winner. (Bragging rights)

Skill choices:

1 Reroll is allowed.
You will get a random roll to decide your skills. You may choose a max of 3 in one skill tree. You can choose 3-1-1, 3-2, 2-2-1.

For skills, go left to right in order. So Barbarian combat: 1 Bash, 2 Leap, 3 Double Attack, etc..10 Berzerk
*In the event you are a Barbarian, and choose the mastery tree, you are free to say, mastery as weapon choice(if a mastery is not rolled, you will have to choose then)
*If you are a druid, you are free to shapeshift into any form that can be used by a skill you are rolled, with 1 point.

Other notes: Items with passive skills are allowed to be worn, items with charges are allowed to be used(as you pay with gold or cube to recharge it) and CtC items are allowed as well. +Skills of non-skills aren't allowed to be used

Equipment:
1 Reroll of a slot is allowed.
Each slot is randomly chosen for you. The exceptional and elite versions of each base item chosen can be used. (Axe, Cleaver, Small Cresent)
*Incase of Circlet(add to helm list as last one) all 4 can be used.
Go top to bottom, for example: sash, light belt, belt, heavy belt, plated belt.
You are allowed your choice of weapon type: Axe, Sword, Javelin, etc.
A Class item is chosen as well.
*Amazons have the option of either: Random or the same chosen type(Bow and Bow for example) So if your hoping for Javelin and Bow, you leave it to chance.
*Assassin must choose a non-claw weapon since claw is class item.
*Rings, Amulets, and Charms can be used freely

MERCENARY equipment is the same for Helm, Shield, and Armor. Weapon is a free to choose from available items.

Websites:
http://www.random.org/nform.html
Diablo 2 items

Sample character:
Barbarian
Skills, 2 Combat, 2 Warcries, 1 Mastery:

(2)Leap, (9)Whirlind, (1)Howl, (7)Battle Orders, (4)Polearm Mastery.

Equipment:

(3)Belt, (10)Light Plate, (1)Leather Gloves, (5)Greaves, (8)Bone Helm, (5)Spiked Shield, (3)Horned Helm, (4) Poleaxe

At this point, the player can choose one skill and one equipment to be rerolled.
*Incase of Barbarian, he may elect to reroll Mastery, but does not get reroll of weapon automatically, must use that equipment reroll as well on weapon to get that option.

You can leave out the (X), just doing that to clarify how skills and items are chosen.

I'll start with a Barbarian, a 2 Combat, 2 Warcries, 1 Mastery with weapon as mastery. Someone roll me up!

Code:
[b][U][I]ALIVE[/I][/U][/b]
Score Character      Class         Forum Name      Level  Act    WP
   1  SlothChunks    Barbarian     Vang            1      A1     Rogue Camp       

[B][I][U]DEAD/RETIRED[/U][/I][/B]

Last edited:
Hello;

Last year when I converted from battle.net to the SPF, Skunkbelly was holding a rather fun tournament. Everything was randomly chosen from a set of items. Now, I rather enjoyed that tournament, so I'll attempt to get it as close to what he had with a few adjustments I would assume(Can't see his original post)

Rules:

1. HC only
2. RWM and RRM are allowed HOWEVER no rune words not found in vanilla 1.11 are allowed.
3. Any player setting is allowed, please no cheese for popping chest.
4. No MP
5. No rerunning areas.
6. All quest do not have to be completed neither do all waypoints need to be activated. Your points will be affected though.
7. May not go back to previous difficulty. You are allowed to go back to a previous act to complete a quest(Imbue, Socket, etc)
8. Any merc allowed
9. Starter equipment may be used.
10. Replays are allowed, but a different class must be chosen. A total of 7 tries.
11. Someone must roll you up, other than yourself
12. You do not have to use any skill you get chosen if you choose not to(for instances you get increased stamina, you can elect not to place a point into it.)
13. Re-roll: You are allowed to get a skill and/or Equipment choice rerolled once per character. Example: You get Sash chosen as belt, and choose reroll, it can be anything, including a sash again. Sometimes fate decides for you.
14. Atma is allowed
15. No save and exit when your about to bite the dust.

Scoring:

1 point per waypoint.
2 points per quest complete.
5 points for difficulty completed.
In the event of a tie, lowest character level will be declared the winner. (Bragging rights)

Skill choices:

1 Reroll is allowed.
You will get a random roll to decide your skills. You may choose a max of 3 in one skill tree. You can choose 3-1-1, 3-2, 2-2-1.

For skills, go left to right in order. So Barbarian combat: 1 Bash, 2 Leap, 3 Double Attack, etc..10 Berzerk
*In the event you are a Barbarian, and choose the mastery tree, you are free to say, mastery as weapon choice(if a mastery is not rolled, you will have to choose then)
*If you are a druid, you are free to shapeshift into any form that can be used by a skill you are rolled, with 1 point.

Other notes: Items with passive skills are allowed to be worn, items with charges are allowed to be used(as you pay with gold or cube to recharge it) and CtC items are allowed as well. +Skills of non-skills aren't allowed to be used

Equipment:
1 Reroll of a slot is allowed.
Each slot is randomly chosen for you. The exceptional and elite versions of each base item chosen can be used. (Axe, Cleaver, Small Cresent)
*Incase of Circlet(add to helm list as last one) all 4 can be used.
Go top to bottom, for example: sash, light belt, belt, heavy belt, plated belt.
You are allowed your choice of weapon type: Axe, Sword, Javelin, etc.
A Class item is chosen as well.
*Amazons have the option of either: Random or the same chosen type(Bow and Bow for example) So if your hoping for Javelin and Bow, you leave it to chance.
*Assassin must choose a non-claw weapon since claw is class item.

MERCENARY equipment is the same for Helm, Shield, and Armor. Weapon is a free to choose from available items.

Websites:
http://www.random.org/nform.html
Diablo 2 items

Sample character:
Barbarian
Skills, 2 Combat, 2 Warcries, 1 Mastery:

(2)Leap, (9)Whirlind, (1)Howl, (7)Battle Orders, (4)Polearm Mastery.

Equipment:

(3)Belt, (10)Light Plate, (1)Leather Gloves, (5)Greaves, (8)Bone Helm, (5)Spiked Shield, (3)Horned Helm, (4) Poleaxe

At this point, the player can choose one skill and one equipment to be rerolled.
*Incase of Barbarian, he may elect to reroll Mastery, but does not get reroll of weapon automatically, must use that equipment reroll as well on weapon to get that option.

You can leave out the (X), just doing that to clarify how skills and items are chosen.

I'll start with a Barbarian, a 2 Combat, 2 Warcries, 1 Mastery with weapon as mastery. Someone roll me up!

Code:
[b][U][I]ALIVE[/I][/U][/b]

[B][I][U]DEAD/RETIRED[/U][/I][/B]

Count me in I will choose a druid 0 elemental 3 shape shifting 2 summoning his name is smithy and he is lvl 1 in rogue camp act 1 with no points yet can someone add me to table? I am a newb ^^

I am confused though :p how do I equip him? Do i search my atma stash for items that match the ones rolled for me or do I use items that i find with him that match those rolled or something else?

I am confused though :p how do I equip him? Do i search my atma stash for items that match the ones rolled for me or do I use items that i find with him that match those rolled or something else?

Any item that you can use you can equip. If it isn't one of your items, or its exceptional or elite version, you can't use it. Amulets, Rings, and Charms any can be used.

Judoka-
Skills: Fury, Hunger, Shockwave, Solar Creeper, Spirit of the Barbs
Equipment:
Cap
Heavy Belt
Heavy Gloves
Chain Boots
Leather Armor
Bone Shield
Spirit Mask

You have the option to reroll a one skill and equipment item of your choice.
Still need a weapon base type as well(so I'd wait on reroll until weapon is rolled)

Last edited:
Rules:

14. Atma is allowed

Questions, So you are free not to use a chosen skill. But you are only allowed to use chosen skills correct?

Re-roll, must they be done before starting or at anytime during the game?

Atma is allowed, does this mean tweaking is ok in this tourny?

Questions, So you are free not to use a chosen skill. But you are only allowed to use chosen skills correct?

Re-roll, must they be done before starting or at anytime during the game?

Atma is allowed, does this mean tweaking is ok in this tourny?

Good questions.

Yes, you can only use the chosen skills, but you aren't required to use any of them.

Any re-rolls must be done before starting(You are free to start a character and not use anything but starter equipment, rings/amulets/charms, and placing stat points if no one is responding to a request for rolls)

Atma is allowed as an extended stash only, no twinking of any kind.

What, that much interest in this. .. come on people

btw, this is the link to the old tourney by Kool69 - you were thinking about this one Vang right?!

I'll probably enter when I decide my timing issues :rolleyes:

Yeah, there it is. Guess I thought Skunkbelly started it, sorry Kool69. Execellent indeed. Looks like I made mine a tad hasher on the Rerolls(Mulligan as he called) but didn't add in a primary stat, should balance itself out though.

Oh I am in!! Need a tourney to keep things interesting. I will choose an assassin. 3 martial arts, 2 shadow disciplines, 0 traps. Name will be Jurcina. I also have no table adding skills. Can someone give a brief tutorial there? It seems easy....

Oh I am in!! Need a tourney to keep things interesting. I will choose an assassin. 3 martial arts, 2 shadow disciplines, 0 traps. Name will be Jurcina. I also have no table adding skills. Can someone give a brief tutorial there? It seems easy....

Press the 'quote' button. remove the quote tags and unwanted text so only the 'code' tags and info remain. Edit the info as needed. press the 'preview post' button below and then add/remove spaces as needed. Rinse and repeat until it looks as desired.

I took the libery of selecting (randomising) your skills and gear:

Skills:
Tiger Strike, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail
Psychic Hammer, Burst of Speed

Equipment:
Cap
Gothic Plate
Tower Shield
Light Gauntlets
Greaves
Sash

You still need to select weapon type

Code:
ALIVE
   1  Jurcina        Assassin      bergeron        1      A1     Rogue Camp

DEAD/RETIRED

Awesome Aitrus, mind rolling up SlothChunks for me?

2Combat Skills, 2 Warcys, 1 Masteries. Weapon will be chosen to match Mastery if rolled.

I want to join but I am really confused. I don't understand how it all works like the skill choosing thing where you are saying "1 Masteries 2 Combat Skills..etc" Also am going to need someone to roll for me..Aitrus? :afro:

Awesome Aitrus, mind rolling up SlothChunks for me?

2Combat Skills, 2 Warcys, 1 Masteries. Weapon will be chosen to match Mastery if rolled.

Sure I can ... and the winners are ...

Skills:
Leap Attack, Concentrate
Grim Ward, Shout
Natural Resistance

Equipment:
Full Helm
Breast Plate
Large Shield
Leather Gloves
Boots
Light Belt

Class item:
Assault Helmet

@bergeron:
Add Katar as your class item selection

Edit:
@Chaos:
You select skill tabs and number of skills to select from them, max of 3 in any of the following distribution 3-1-1, 3-2, 2-2-1. Skills you have to use will be randomly selected by someone, Vang or myself :wink3: or whoever wants to help...
On a side note, seeing this is your #1 post in SPF please post your intro thread (see FAQ for details)

I'ld like to give this a try if someone can roll for me, please.

Name: Tal_Rebecca
Class: Sorc
Skills: 3 Cold, 2 lightning, 0 fire

Erics, getting you in a moment.

Looks like I'll take Swords as weapon type, and reroll Leap Attack.

@Erics:

Skills:
Frost Nova, Glacial Spike, Cold Mastery
Charged Bolt, Lightning Mastery

Equipment:
Sash
Greaves
Heavy Gloves
Bone Helm
Bone Shield
Chainmail
Eagle Orb

Get to reroll one skill of choice and one Equipment, you can still choose a Weapon type(orb doesn't count against it)

Reroll got you Stun instead :unimpressed: and weapon is Short Sword

I'm off from work =) so I won't be able to roll for the time... Vang will surely jump in :grin:

I took the libery of selecting (randomising) your skills and gear:

Skills:
Tiger Strike, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail
Psychic Hammer, Burst of Speed

Equipment:
Cap
Gothic Plate
Tower Shield
Light Gauntlets
Greaves
Sash

You still need to select weapon type

@Aitrus, thank you a ton for rolling me. I will choose sword as my weapon type. For my re-rolling, I'd like to re-roll dragon claw for my skill. For my equipment, can I re-roll my katar (class item)? If so, I'd like to do that. If not, I'd like to re-roll sash.

@Hrus, yes I endure the pain that is being a Bruins fan.

This tournament excites me. Can't wait to get home from work!!

@Aitrus, thank you a ton for rolling me. I will choose sword as my weapon type. For my re-rolling, I'd like to re-roll dragon claw for my skill. For my equipment, can I re-roll my katar (class item)? If so, I'd like to do that. If not, I'd like to re-roll sash.

I think you're allowed 1 reroll of skills and one of equipment so, yes...
New choices are:
Class item: Hatchet Hands
Skill: Phoenix Strike
Weapon: Flamberge

It seems I'm still at work :undecided:

@Bergeron-Aitrus beat me to the punch, good thing.

@anyone, I'll reroll my equipment choice of my shortsword

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High