RAFFSTER’S Holy Fire / Holy Shock Auradin Guide (ultimate PvPer IMO)

Edit: Foh has been mentionned before, just not in such detail.

NOW THEN, lets see, it is my first post, and i hope i sound as noob as possible :D.
I am soooo interested in making this build, and it sounds like it would be realy fun to do, sept i am maybe a few hr short of building it.. I been readin thru all the posts, and (correct me if i'm wrong) i didn't see anyone make a suggestions about being a foh secondary. U said u had at least 5 skill points left, u could eventualy get foh (screw getting vengeance and that ( I NEED TO READ THE RULES) if u got a few more lvls or just cut a few lvls in conviction (since if you gona be usin charms you could easily get to lvl 25) (-150 res is the max, i think 25 is when you acheive this). meening that if you got to like lvl 99 or sum ( I NEED TO READ THE RULES)you could be a full fledged aura/foher, which IMHO, would almost be unstoppable. 2 great sources of dmg, anyone who trys to throw on stacked res LOL at them just throw on a botd zerker or sum ( I NEED TO READ THE RULES) and charge em to death cus they'll have no items left to dmg u. W/e thanks for the guide, i will definately try this (I NEED TO READ THE RULES), as soon as i'm dun my fastest run/walk fire claw druid lol hes fun. Seriously tho, if u got only 1 point in foh, you can at least do sumthing while u run around like a chicken with its head cut off, and with maxed conviction the dmg u do with it (even with lvl 1 foh (10 with items)) will not be somthing to be ignored.

u dont need dex cuz u rnt going to be fighting someone so y do u need to block? your going to be runing around them not going one on one with them so no dex i say. and i can get holy fire up to level 94 =) but its so expensive but think about the possibiltitys ooooo

I dont see any notes on dueling necromancers. Sure, some may fall quickly but I am talking about a half decent necro player at least. A necro can easily sacrafice a few pieces of equipment for some resists/absorbs (nowhere near max, although it's also possible) and still do enough dmg to dispose of the auradin in no more than a few hits. I have dueled a few auradins and it seems that once imprisoned, they are pretty much done with, unless they teleport, but then their auras would be compromised and the end effect is the same. Especially on hell, how would you break out of a prison in time, before the spears kill you? None of the paladins I fought could figure out a way...

Actually, I've built a very successful auradin. The guide is stickied at the top. I find that necromancers are one of the easiest opponent's for my Charge Variant Auradin. You simply charge around them, and it is hard (near impossible) for them to prison you.

Very interested in this build actually.. I just started reading up on it. I have a few ideas...

You have listed for skill point allocation: 20 res fire, 20 res lightning, 20 salvation, enough skills for lvl 25 conviction aura, then the rest is free space.

So let's assume you go with a raven and an SoJ, maras, anni, and torch. That means you have +7, so you need a lvl 18 conviction assuming you own no offensive aura charms. Ok, that's 78 points. You have 32 left over to play with. Given prereqs for conviction and holy shield, you have probably 25-30 ish skills left to play with. So I think, you have a few options. PvM wise I couldn't see this character not kicking total Diablo behind, but I don't know the numbers on the added damage by holy fire/shock auras.

Anyway, just playing it safe, you can dump 20 into zeal, because, well, you'll be hitting for so friggin much with all the added damage to strike via shock/fire. And conviction lowers defense by X percent up to mid 90's iirc.

You can do charge. With a 20 point charge and BA HoJ working for you, rock on.

I really want to try this build. However, I am stuck since I just reformatted and I can't find my friggin install disc >.<

I find life charms could be awesome.

Can anyone tell me what they did auround lvl 40-60
its serioustly getting hard to do anyting and I know that whne im going to leave baal runs, im going to get eaten alive, can anyone tell me how and where and how and what should I do? at that lvl

Can someone tell me why you wouldn't actually melee in duels? He made it seem like all an auradin can do is run around and kill things but an auradin can probably melee down most chars in 1hit. Can someone explain this to me?

Auradins typically have very low Attack Rating, hence, it's hard to hit anything with decent defense. Note that smite can't be used with an auradin effectively since the elemental damage doesn't add up. My auradin build gets up to 11K damage with charge. I kill most opponents in one or two hits from that...if I can hit.

Check the stickied thread about my build. It is an improvement over raffster's.

A few quick questions....

1. If you wear Dream Helmet with Dream Shield will the levels stack upon one another.
2. If you wear Hand of Justice with Dragon Armour will the levels stack upon one another.
3. If you use Paladin Offensive Grand Charms will this add the the level of your Holy Auras [ Fire and Shock ] from the Dream, Dragon, and Hand of Justice.

I really don't know much about AuraDins but I think these questions are very important if one is going to build one. Thanks.

~Beethoven

SlyFox said:
Why do you max salvation? I understand the rest just not this. :) Thanks.
Hard points in Salvation boost the damage from Holy Fire and Holy Shock (and Holy Freeze.) Not as much as the relevant "Resist" single-elemental damage auras, but as follows:

Holy Fire: +18% damage/ Resist Fire, +6% dmg Salvation
Holy Freeze: +15% damage/ Resist Cold, +7% Salvation
Holy Shock: +12% damage/ Resist Lightning, +4% Salvation

So for the HF/HS dual aura, maxed Salvation gives +120% HF, +80% HS. Those damage increases apply to both the pulse and the attack.

thanks now i really understands how auradin works :)
i think ill make one and make him really high :) good that u tell everyone how its works ;)

why use offensive skill charms?

To waste space by eating inventory room...?

It is for people who do not want to max Conviction, or want a high level conviction.

From experience stacking resists and life is a better pay off. You meet a FoHer, his conviction will be > yours. If you play with strategy that itsy-bitsy obstacle is easily overcome...

this isn't new and it isn't original. this reads very much like AcidRanes guide to the PvP Auradin that has been posted on the b.net forums Skills discussion for some time (although it appears to have fallen off), although Acid's guide is much better written.

if you are so skilless that you need to build one of these obscenities to win duels, you thoroughly deserve the endless round of NK'ing and BM'ing that most people seem to enjoy dishing out to Auradins. Auradins have a habit of NK'ing people, be prepared to have the favour returned.

even if you do win duels, you have done nothing worth crowing about. Auradin's are lame, ***, noobwhore builds that are only ever made by clueless nubs. most people don't realise the build started as a joke. jokes on you, any phool who makes one.

this isn't new and it isn't original. this reads very much like AcidRanes guide to the PvP Auradin that has been posted on the b.net forums Skills discussion for some time (although it appears to have fallen off), although Acid's guide is much better written.

if you are so skilless that you need to build one of these obscenities to win duels, you thoroughly deserve the endless round of NK'ing and BM'ing that most people seem to enjoy dishing out to Auradins. Auradins have a habit of NK'ing people, be prepared to have the favour returned.

even if you do win duels, you have done nothing worth crowing about. Auradin's are lame, ***, noobwhore builds that are only ever made by clueless nubs. most people don't realise the build started as a joke. jokes on you, any phool who makes one.

Alot of hostility there - been beaten by too many from what it seems :)

The problem is with how people play the character, and really not the character itself. I will agree that the majority of people who play Auradins:

1) Never attack,
2) Run circles/charges/etc with hopes of killing anything,
3) Have zippo skill.

Nobody should whine about those folks either, those are your easy kills in the game...

Nonetheless, this build, joke or not, is completely PvP viable should you choose to play and duel. Running in circles to aura-kill an opponent is not dueling - it is the same as town fissuring or spamming the bear from town.

Creating a mass-sorb aura-killing pansy is also not dueling. Most people try to BM with this char - or so it seems - NKing, jumping, Juving :), Sorbing, etc, etc. <- Those folks are your so called "nubs". No skill and no strategy. But hey you don't need to be an Auradin to do that, now do you?

You can make a completely viable, non-sorbing (save for Raven - sorry Cold sorcies) GM (for the most part) dueler. You need to have a form of attack, and you need to have gear switches like most other builds. Dwarf, Rising Sun, Wisps, Snowclash, etc should not even be in your stash. Other than raven - you shouldn't wear 'sorb.

When you learn to fight and implement strategies, the only really hard duels for this build should be the Barbs (shield > no shield in this case - you've got low DR), Hdins, the Top Ele druids (though you do have the advantage) and the really good Boners.

Duel like a "nub" expect to be treated like one. If you learn to duel well - you will win most of the duels - even 2+ versus 1 duels.

So there you have it two sides of the argument. I however am not disputing the fact that Auradins have a bad reputation - and it is because the vast majority of the people behind them lame-it-up.

do you think that a carrion wind with a p raven frost would be a good combo, i mean great life leech and great psn resists not to mention 10% damage goes to mana with a carrion, and the obvious advantages to an r frost seems to make a decent combo

i just had one question tho, when using fire and shock resist what aura should i be keeping active???

oh and by the way this guide rocks ive been trying for an auradin since i got d2 and finally i have one. he rules and i followed everything in this guide so many props on this guide

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High