RAFFSTER’S Holy Fire / Holy Shock Auradin Guide (ultimate PvPer IMO)

Bigrob said:
stacking resist is never bm, only overabsorb is.

so with 300 light resist + tgod wont make u immune, unless u put on wisp then it will.

the only part about this guide is that u need to focus more on strategy rather than running around and let aura do the work. Anyone with decent resist like barb or pally can tank a few hits even without stacking, so i believe u need to at least to engage in battle like using zeal or something.

and yes, offensive gc will not boost the holy shock on dream further lvl.

imo, use ar/life scs are the best.
"using zeal or something" is a very bad idea when a good equipped barb or say smiter get close, your best defense is NOT a strong offense in this build. If they get close, charge off as fast as it goes since with low dmg red you'll be dead within secounds. therefore sc's of life/ar is not an option imho, this build is made for running around and let the pulses drain your oponents life.
i have noticed that using at least 6 offensive skillers with 35+ life helps a great deal since no foh pala i've ever met have had higher conv then me so they are more or less useless and easy kills at least in pubbies since there is not many V/t's around (not where i duel).
Sure, you'll be meating someone that neglect your dmg completly but hey. see it from the bright side, you will most likely have killed more times then you have died...
Although i see most benefits with this char against casters, even if they stack res and absorb, they will be weak and easily put out with charge.
If you get good at running around most ppl will have little if no chans of catching up to you while your pulse is chewing down their life drasticly.
I tryed a dreamer build with grief and had success with it against most except high def smiters, just couldn't peirce their def with charge before they had charged/smited me to death... i see this as a more viable option to the pure torchadin too, 1 element is easily absorbed, 2 is not since you'll be needing ALOT of all res charms or gear+dual absorb... as already said not many are willing to sacrifice their complete gear for one person, at least not in a public game where they would get completly wasted by everyone else.
I see a few small flaws in the build but not many and i will definitely try it out ASAP since it suits me perfect, im too lazy to hit them, auto dmg is just so convinient (sp?) :lol:

Cool char against most classes. They'll prolly hate you and call u names in duellign rooms.

However, you will have problems against a similarly built dreamadin. He might use Salvation and kill you with his Grief (+Fort) or if he's like us, he'll probably have more off gcs than u and negate u while he kills u with Grief (+Fort again...). :) He prolly might have little AR but his IAS is fast (cos of PB) and with zeal (or smite), he'll win.

Windys cld absorb ur 1st few pulses with their cyclone armor and tele onto you and spam tornadoes. Zeal will be too slow for u and ur AR will suck.

Just .02 worth.

PS I do have a pure fire auradin. Should be building a dreamadin soon. :)

This build has some big weaknesses. Mainly because with all the specific gear, you can't get as many skills as other builds can. Also, with an HOJ and this gear, you'll suck at melee no matter what. Don't expect to beat any fohers who care enough to get offensive GCs.

Aeonios said:
This build has some big weaknesses. Mainly because with all the specific gear, you can't get as many skills as other builds can. Also, with an HOJ and this gear, you'll suck at melee no matter what. Don't expect to beat any fohers who care enough to get offensive GCs.
If they stack up their Conv higher then us, we'll just switch to res lightning, put on a t god's and maybe even a whisp to be extra mean and charge them to death, without smite (and tbh, in pub not many have it) they dont stand much of a chans... you CAN switch out the aura items if necessary, for example a death ba or something for a little extra power.

Av3nger said:
"using zeal or something" is a very bad idea when a good equipped barb or say smiter get close, your best defense is NOT a strong offense in this build. If they get close, charge off as fast as it goes since with low dmg red you'll be dead within secounds. therefore sc's of life/ar is not an option imho, this build is made for running around and let the pulses drain your oponents life.
i have noticed that using at least 6 offensive skillers with 35+ life helps a great deal since no foh pala i've ever met have had higher conv then me so they are more or less useless and easy kills at least in pubbies since there is not many V/t's around (not where i duel).
Sure, you'll be meating someone that neglect your dmg completly but hey. see it from the bright side, you will most likely have killed more times then you have died...
Although i see most benefits with this char against casters, even if they stack res and absorb, they will be weak and easily put out with charge.
If you get good at running around most ppl will have little if no chans of catching up to you while your pulse is chewing down their life drasticly.
I tryed a dreamer build with grief and had success with it against most except high def smiters, just couldn't peirce their def with charge before they had charged/smited me to death... i see this as a more viable option to the pure torchadin too, 1 element is easily absorbed, 2 is not since you'll be needing ALOT of all res charms or gear+dual absorb... as already said not many are willing to sacrifice their complete gear for one person, at least not in a public game where they would get completly wasted by everyone else.
I see a few small flaws in the build but not many and i will definitely try it out ASAP since it suits me perfect, im too lazy to hit them, auto dmg is just so convinient (sp?) :lol:

the aura dmg is too low on dmg dealing. True against barb or smiter u better off with running around, but against casters u need to take the offense.

Bigrob said:
the aura dmg is too low on dmg dealing. True against barb or smiter u better off with running around, but against casters u need to take the offense.
yes, vs some you will need to take the offense. Orb sorc for example since their es will absorb up most of your dmg and pretty much every pub sorc with es will drink mana pots to make sure they never run out of mana.
But this is however only against strong chars, it's a perfect build for killing mediocre players and to piss ppl off :lol:
a barb without enigma has very little chans of ever hitting you if you just keep charging away and around him.
Im still collecting gear for my auradin but i tryed out dreamer before him and had pretty good success with the pulses from just dreams...
My only real problem was smiters with absorb or other ppl using mass res and absorb.
the auradin will provide 2 sources of elemental dmg and will be hard to absorb completly without major sacrifices and if someone do, they will become extremly weak and you can always switch out some gear towards phys dmg, like grief, fort and phoenix and finish them off.

how about sacrificing salvation synergies (aura dmg) for FOH + synergies ?
charge is useless vs melee chars due to decrised def on charging and even 1 pkt into charge + convi gives u like 7-10k max dmg which is the way to kill a caster also when u hit caster with charge u can change for zeal due to their low def and low FHR (many of them) but make sure ur FHR is on the right lvl due to ur low AR. also u can try pure auradin doom + dragon + 2 x dream. in this way u r sure u do all elemental dmg also cold dmg does hidden dmg like pierce and slows target which is usefull vs melee chars anyway.

how u deal with sorcs ES and druids cyclone armor ? charge / zeal ?

regs

sizgar said:
how u deal with sorcs ES and druids cyclone armor ? charge / zeal ?

regs

what i have found most successful agianst windys with cylcone armor is to name lock them with charge and hope that they cant move, if you stand next to them and try to zeal, their nados will tear you apart. As for sorcs my auradin has stack res and a bit of absorb for ever elem so i just charge them until they are dead and usually dont worry about takeing much dmg from them (except for those good lite sorcs they can hurt sometimes).

raffster if your on USWLSC i'd like to duel you. I reckon that these two shouldn't mix and have proved that time after time.

sizgar said:
how u deal with sorcs ES and druids cyclone armor ? charge / zeal ?regs

Siz, don't zeal. Zeal and you're meat. You'll have to charge around, namelock them, and charge them till kingdom comes. Hopefully, your AR will land you a charge hit or two and you'll be able to finish them off with your pulses. The first one or two hits is a must to remove their cyclone armor.

thanks for the tip and i see that is the only way for auradin to take them down
but looking at it from another side sorcs and druids has low defence and crappy block (correct me if im wrong ( druids)) zealing them u interrupt their chance to cast those small silly whirls on me or whatever they do.
pulses are usefull only if u keep charging them when they are in stun mode and unable to recast ES or cyclone armor. otherwise yes u r meat :/

regs

But this is however only against strong chars, it's a perfect build for killing mediocre players and to piss ppl off

Exactly. Versus any good dueler, you'll have a very tough time.

My first week report on pub duel rooms

Pougee_au said:
raffster if your on USWLSC i'd like to duel you. I reckon that these two shouldn't mix and have proved that time after time.

Sorry Pougee_au I'm on USEast softcore.

Anyway here's my first week report on my experience with this build in around 30 duel rooms. (each room had entirely different characters, players and attitudes -- geez).

The five toughest characters I've dealt with (ranked 1-5, 5 being the most difficult)

1. (5) Frenzy barb with 2 x BOTD with super high resists. This particular barb gave me the most difficult time. Even with charge I couldn't outrun him so he killed my auradin in 2 successive swings from his BOTD. It was sad, it seemed almost like this barb build was built specially against Auradins. His rapid speed is just too much to outrun, which is the lifeblood of an Auradin.

I have yet to find a way to duel a build like this. The barb was no match to my PvP Poison Javazon though.

2. (4) Frozen Orb / Blizzard Sorc. Charging around avoiding this build can be a problem because if you're dueling a smart dueler who can predict where you're going, he can tele there spam frozen orb and/or blizzard and will chow down on your life. I've won more times than I've lost but I've had a few hundred health points at the end of the duel.

Against Frozen Orb build Auradins must charge in a completely unpredictable manner so you don't get hit by those nasty icycles.

3. (3-4) FOH Pallys - In the beginning I would give these guys a (5) but when I realized I could 1-2 hit kill them with a level 4 charge, they weren't that tough anymore. For the most part the Auradin's aura pulse is way more effective than FoH so get A LOT of life charms to keep you healthy as you kill the FoHer off without him killing you first. Of course charging into a FoHer is actually one of the best things you can do.

4. (2-3) High Damage Guided Bowazons -- I've met a few and it's pretty hard to outrun Guided Missiles that are fired at what is probably a very high Increased Attack Speed. My Auradin died with just 5 arrows from a really powerful bowazon but if I could "charge away" long enough I pretty much always survived and won. Technique to dueling bowazons is to charge a little away from the screen so that the zon isn't visible but your aura is hitting the zon anyway. Lame but it works.

5. (3) Chargeadins - I thought these would be the most difficult but I haven't dueled anybody yet who is really up there with this build. I'm sure a really good chargeadin can kill me in just 1 blow, but I haven't dueled those yet. The few ones I've met weren't good enough to 1 hit kill me so I was able to run around long enough till my aura got to them.

I'l continue keep you guys posted. In terms of "funness" this build isn't the most fun to duel with. It annoys a lot of people and you get accused of NKing many times because it's just unavoidable that when you're going back to town and someone naked is coming out to retrieve his body they die along the way. Pretty funny sometimes but I've annoyed more people than actually had a good duel with.

For PvM this build takes about as much time to solo baal than a very powerful BOTD WW barb. Nice thing though is that with all my items I get 90/85/90/85 resists so those nasty SOULS in hell are actually not a problem for this build. No monster is tough enough to withstand the amazing pulse of this build, although hell Baal (just Baal) took about 3 minutes to kill versus the 1 minute it takes with my lightning sorc.

An Act 1 Merc with an ICE bow is the best merc for this build so far. I had an Act 2 HF Merc with an Infinity Axe but died way more times than my Act 1 Merc.

I ended up stacking with 6 x Offensive charms with 20+ life each and the rest on faster run walk small charms with 4-5 resists. I move nearly as fast as though I had a level 1 Vigor aura on me.

I find that with my aruadin that bowzons are that hard if you just charge them and kill them b4 you take more that a couple hits, but then agian my auradin has 20pts into charge.

Hey raffster,
I unsticky the Guide and placed this in the Guide Thread
:thumbsup:

I know this is digging up a really old thread but I had to find out.

I'm planning to make this build (except with more emphasis on charge). I've been told that this build is stupid, amazing, lame, not viable anymore in the new patch. Can anyone tell me if the last one is true? Did the new patch change anything for the Auradin?

-masterazn

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High