Quick weekend Matriarch: Chandra, Fireball/Meteor Sorc

Arparrabiosa

Sep 27, 2022
SK5WsmG.png

Hey there! Let me tell you about my progress with my new character. I created this character with the goal of farming Terrorized Andy with an ideal map, as her drops are currently the best in the game. My plan is to farm her when Chandra reaches level 93, which I believe is the level required for TZ Andy to drop all items in the game. I have to say, Chandra has turned out to be a more powerful character than I expected. Even though I have access to almost all the most powerful items in the game, I didn't think she would be able to destroy enemies as easily as she does. As I entered Hell difficulty, I decided to equip a Sundered Charm to make the experience more enjoyable, supported by my merc's Infinity, Phoenix monarch, and a Flickering I specifically made for her. Playing with Chandra has been incredibly fun and dynamic. Now my plan is to level her up in TZ and prepare a good map for Andy.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I actually started playing with Chandra yesterday and managed to take her all the way to Matriarch early today!

Stats
Strength: 145 (200)
Dexterity: 35 (76)
Vitality: 280 (309)
Energy: 35 (64)

Life: 851 (1640 with Battle Orders)
Resists: 90% FR, 80% LR, 75% CR and PR (heavy stacking)
Skills: 20 Meteor, 20 FM, 20 Fireball, 20 Firebolt, 1 Teleport, 1 Static, 1 Cold Armor, 1 Enchant, dumping points into Inferno.

Equipment
Weapon/Shield: Heart of the Oak +35% all Resists flail / Phoenix Monarch
Switch: Call to Arms Double Axe +6 BO/+2 BC / Spirit Monarch
Helm: Flickering Flame Diadem
Armor: Chains of Honor Archon Plate
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Gloves: Magefist
Boots: rare +30% FRW, +31% LR, +18% FR, +31% PR, +22% MF
Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope +29% all Resists
Rings: 2 SoJ

Inventory: Sundered Charm -70% FR, anni +11/15%/6%, torch +13/20%, 6 fire skillers, Gheed 40%, some +11% FR SC and dual Life mana SC, cube, ID tome.

Merc
Might with Infinity eth GT, Fortitude dusk shroud, Guillaume's Face.

I had to keep an eye on him, so he doesn't die while cursed. I gave him GF to equip Infinity early, but didn't bother to switch to Tal's Mask to be able to life leech.

Hellforges:
NM:
Pul
Hell: Ist

Congratulations, nice gear too.
I like fire sorcs, I may have to make one in D2R after reading this.

Reactions: Arparrabiosa
Nice speedy Mat there. But how much MF do you have? I don't know the mechanics behind the sundered charms but why have Infinity if Andy's FR is broken? I mean her FR is already pretty abysmal. BTW I've only been playing D2R one week so I am a noob in that respect. :D

@DaveW I think that's his leveling/XP farming setup rather than for Andy runs.

Indeed for Andy you don't the sundered charm. Phoenix is still OK but for Andy runs specifically, the time spent killing Andy is so little, personally don't use it for this and prefer Spirit to easily have a 63 FCR setup with high MF.

My FB Sorc's Andy setup for reference/comparison:
  • Tal rasha 3-piece
  • Shako PT
  • 180 MF crystal sword
  • Spirit
  • Magefist
  • 2x Nagel
  • WT
I still use a couple of skillers but otherwise just MF/life in inventory.

Around 630 MF total.

Nice speedy Mat there. But how much MF do you have? I don't know the mechanics behind the sundered charms but why have Infinity if Andy's FR is broken? I mean her FR is already pretty abysmal. BTW I've only been playing D2R one week so I am a noob in that respect. :D
Yeah, exactly. As @ffs said, that was my questing / leveling gear. I still haven't done a single MF run with her, Andy or not. I'm still grinding levels at /p8 Baal Runs. Currently, at clvl 91.8 or so.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High