Outbreak: Amish Mafia style - Mini Mafia Game

To hell with it. My brain hurts trying to determine the WIFOM aspects of the two people I consider scum voting for the person I consider town.

Vote: Bad Ash

To hell with it. My brain hurts trying to determine the WIFOM aspects of the two people I consider scum voting for the person I consider town.

Vote: Bad Ash

Yea, pretty much. I was going to do it if you didn't. I just didn't realize he was at 3 votes, forgot pharphis already voted him.

D2 Vote Count:
Drixx (0) - pharphis
Bad Ash (4) - pharphis, Bad Ash, Drixx, Bad Ash
Caluin Graye (1) - kestegs

current as of post #224

Bad Ash is given a vaccination.

Nobody dies.

The Amish Mafia have won!

Congratulations to the Bad "Lebanon Levi" Ash and Gwai "Alvin Stoltzfus Lance" hir. The Amish Mafia managed to spread their cheesy reality TV show to a post outbreak Earth.

The game setup was incredibly simple: everyone was either a vanilla townie or vanilla goon. Everyone had a unique, somewhat randomized name. Mafia were given a unique safe fake name to go with their reality show character names.

The dead thread has two posts. Both were by me.

Most of the scientific info is real. Some creative liberties were taken (instead of malaria, the actual experiment involved dengue fever) but each element was based in truthful, real events. Today's story was going to tie the genetic engineering of parasites inside mosquitoes into the cause of the prion-based Outbreak. Such an event is the only fictional part of the stories. As far as we know...

sent via pm...

Gwaihir said:
Has this game so far lived up to expectations for your crazy idea?

Yes. 1000% yes. Had the game gone into 3p LYLO with 3 kill flips (one mafia), I've no doubt some popcorn would be popping. I think the vote-to-save-the-townies-instead-of-lynch-mafia genre is worth exploring further - a real game, with roles and lasting more than 9 players. I think lack of strict deadlines is possible. I think nightless games are possible.

I'm curious to hear others' thoughts.

Insanely tough concept. I am not even sure how to improve upon it and I am very very curious to see how this would be run again.

Mafia thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/B9ipNpc9ejBEg

Not much there. I was talking to myself last night, but I did call Pharphis coming in to ninja lock Gwaihir :).

My post about getting a scum label as a townie was real, and I thought it would flip Drixx to vote for me, I just didn't want him too that early haha.

Would have loved to see LYLO play out. My one thought was Gwaihir would have been voted in on the least amount of information and would be the favorite to be killed if it played out that way, but it would have been intense.

Either way, thanks for hosting Gory, super super tough concept and it's so easy to not want to vote for anyone.

sent via pm...

Yes. 1000% yes. Had the game gone into 3p LYLO with 3 kill flips (one mafia), I've no doubt some popcorn would be popping. I think the vote-to-save-the-townies-instead-of-lynch-mafia genre is worth exploring further - a real game, with roles and lasting more than 9 players. I think lack of strict deadlines is possible. I think nightless games are possible.

I'm curious to hear others' thoughts.

Ninja'd. I'd like a hard deadline, but possibly lay out the plans. Be like "48 hours to decide or the lock goes to one less vote and 72 hours" IDK that's not the solution, but something similar.

On the no nights, I love the concept and totally agree, but it made things like Pyro's absence seem waaaay bigger than it really was. When the game just straight up continued and people weren't around to post it seemed off. the night period gives a little buffer.

Overall I will never ever complain about something fresh in our mafia games overall and I loved it (even if I wouldn't have won).

I've been a bit out of it due to RL stuff so my heart wasn't really in the game (not that I didn't try to win and be honest with my reads - I just really suck).
However, I do like the concept. I don't think it would be extended beyond mini-game status w/o PRs, tbh. The lack of info is like playing a game with no lynches for days. Well, it IS exactly that.

On the other hand, "follow the cop" is a terrible reason to add cop or similar roles.

Insanely tough concept. I am not even sure how to improve upon it and I am very very curious to see how this would be run again.

For starters...

Inception. Asrrin's Commencement game. Run that core but with everyone knowing about the win conditions and dream-within-a-dream element.

And when I say that lack of deadlines and nightless games are possible, I mean just that. Possible. I don't think they are recommended for every game (definitely not!). I'm much more in favor of a "roughly 48 hours" style than "exactly 48 hours" style but that's because how my schedule affects moderating. I'm OK with game days starting/ending at various hours of the day even within the same game.

Also: BRILLIANT to give some vanilla townies occupations and other not. That is some high level mod stuff that should be applauded.

Also: BRILLIANT to give some vanilla townies occupations and other not. That is some high level mod stuff that should be applauded.

I'll take the credit but I didn't give anyone occupations. The only difference in role PMs were the names in the <redacted> spots.

Hmmmm. That sucks.

Interesting game. In the end the no flips idea is really frustrating.

I take slight solace in the fact that I never voted for scum, even though they were never on my scum list. I was pretty much suspicious of everyone though.

And gwaohir and BA are probably the two best at being/looking townie, that would have been a tough town win without any outside information.

I assumed that people knew I was making a reference to The Office when I said I was a beet farmer...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High