OT: What are you listening to right now

Re: OT: What are you listening to right now

I don't know why, but I suddenly got nostalgic for the old days when I was in a jazz band in high school. This is one of the songs we played; it's not our band, nor is it the exact same rendition, but it sounds really close. The soloists need some work and the lead trumpet sounds like he blew out his chops and couldn't hit the last few high notes, but it's really good.

More Blues and the Absessed Tooth

After that, I was still thinking jazz, so enter
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones - Scratch and Sniff (Live)
Next
Throwdown at the Hoedown (Live) - when Bela and Vic Wooten trade fours halfway through, they display their craft so well...

As a sidenote, the sax player, Jeff Coffin, graduated from high school a couple towns away from me. I've seen one of their live shows, and afterward my drummer buddy and I talked to all the band members. ...For like an hour and a half! They were so chill and cool. My friend talked to Futureman for a long time, and Future gave him a lesson in polyrhythms right there on the spot. Jazz players are freakin' awesome.

I'll be back to my normal electronic sound in a future installment. :crazyeyes:

Pretties for You - Alice Cooper

Heh :)

Ghost Wisperer in the other room and my wife tappin away on her keyboard like shes tryin to keep the demons away...

I know, nothing as soothing as what you all are listeng too... but its my own personal hell...enjoy

Edit : I cant type

Sorry for Partyin , Bowling for Soup, going to see them on tuesday

@mulligan - That's some crazy tunes.

I'm listening to the Be Here Now album by Oasis. It's pretty much my defacto D2 album. Sometimes I'll just throw up Pandora on either Weezer or The Killers, but Oasis is always gold.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XJwRfaDh3fY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XJwRfaDh3fY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Queen - I want to break free(a live version)

Guns n Roses - Hair of the dog

Cannonball - Damien Rice

Amazing song, amazing songwriter

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High