[OT] Story

Re: [OT] Story

Chapitre Quatre

The agents landed at an airport for flight students. Noodle handed them their maps and departed, a little skip to his step. The others boarded a bus to the small town on the outskirts of Adelaide.

After being delayed almost two hours due to a flat tire and being unfamiliar with Adelaide, they reached Travis Butcher Shop. (NOTE: on the day i started this, we had gotten a flat on the way to work and we were about an hour and a half late to work. so eat it Agents. :D)

"This is it?" Gorny asked, almost in disbelief. "Kestegs, did you get us lost again?! You noob!"

"No! I followed the map exactly! This has gotta be it!"

In front of the three of them stood a hut made of mud, clay, and straw.

"Bull****! This can't be it!"

Marahumm ignored the quabbling that ensued and walked in. While it was a hut on the outside, it was rather spacious and clean on the inside. Small cuts of packaged meat were in a glass, refrigerated counters. A yellow sign at the back of the hut said that the bigger slabs and cuts of meat were in the back.

Marahumm nodded in approval as a tall, thin, and beardless man carried a crate of packaged meat.

"Oh ho the rattlin' bog down in the valley-o! Can I help you?"

"Yes, I am looking for a Sillee Corax and a J. Cakes. Are they in today?"

"A Yank. We don't serve your kind here."

"And you're just an apprentice so shut the hell up and don't talk to customers!" Another man had entered the room with a crate of meat. This man was short and had a bushy face.

"How can I help ya?"

"Looking for a Sillee Corax and a J.Cakes. Do you know them?"

"Maybe. For a price."

This must be one of them, he thought to himself.

"Whadya buyin'?" Marahumm offered.

"Whadya sellin'?" the other man replied.

Mara held up a shiny compass. "Only two of these were made in the entire world. One of them will be yours if you take me to Corax and Cakes."

The bushy man took it and examined it. "Ooh, so shiny. Follow me. They're cuttin' meat in the back."

"Wait, what?"

Meanwhile, outside, the argument had gone from who got who lost to who was smarter and better-looking.

"I have a high sex magnetism! Leo even said so herself!"

"Leo thinks anyone with a :censored: has a high sex magnetism."

"Would I be married if it were not true?!"

"It depletes after the many years you have been married."

"Well, I'm the Mary!"

"What?"

"I'm the Mary and you're the Rhoda!"

"We're not ***, Kestegs, nor women. Secondly, I'm not Jewish. Thirdly, I'm way hotter than you!"

"Where's Marahumm? Did he walk into the hut?"

They walked in and met with the thin apprentice, putting beef away. "He's in the back."

"How'd you know we were with Mara?" Gorny asked.

"Speeds the story along."

They proceeded to the backroom and found Marahumm held up at cleaver-point by two butchers. A manila folder and the map were scattered on the floor. Gorny whipped out his sniper rifle and Kestegs pulled out his pistol.

"Hold your horses, Agents. . ." Marahumm calmly said. "We were getting to the bottom of things."

"How did you know about the jungle? And how did you know about the cursed beast in the jungle?"

"I told you. Our boss sent us here to find some of our missing friends, one of them being my girlfriend."

"True stroy, bro," Kegs added.

"These are my partners."

"Let him go," Gorny's voice dripped with threat and warning.

"We guard the jungles behind us. Ain't no way we're lettin' you slip past us," the tall, Italian-looking man had said.

"Well, hang on, Cakes," interjected the stocky, full-bearded face man. "Giant Bushy Face Guy Mara met a few minutes ago gave me the compass he had handed him. It's pretty and shiny. I'll let him pass and help them out but you need something too."

Cakes, the dark-featured one, seemed to mull it over. Both dropped their cleavers and Kestegs dropped his gun. Gorny remained in the same stance.

"Whadya got, Yank?" Corax poked Kestegs.

"Ow. Hey!"

"Do you have anything for me?"

Kestegs leaned in to Gorny. "Do you have it?"

"No, I handed the bag to you."

"But I don't have the bag."

"Where is it?"

Realization dawned on him. "On the bus."

Gorny, still keeping stance, closed his eyes with agitation. "Kegs, go into my right pocket and fish out my wallet."

"I'm not reaching back there!"

"No, you noob! My right pocket on my vest."

Warily, Kegs pulled it ouy. "Pull out the biggest Aussie bill I have. I should have two of them in there."

"Okay."

"Give it to Cakes."

Kestegs handed him the money, masking his nervousness quite well.

"You'll get the other half after we're done."

Cakes took it, examined it and Gorny. "Ya trust 'em, Corax?"

"Yeah, they're harmless. HA!"

Cakes shrugged. "Alright. Come on. Let's go over business!"

edit: Ch. 5 is about almost done. :D

Yea, I'm sooooo Mary its not even funny!

Corax and Cakes in a mud hut :cloud9: a firm base on real Australian life if I've ever seen one :)

Aside from your poor understanding of Australian geography, I do find this very amusing :p

there is junglish terrain but it is nowhere near adelaide.

I DO NOT WORK IN ADELAIDE!

i poked kegs with the pointy end of the cleaver yeah?

Nice write-up! Wish I would have read it when you first posted it! Almost glad I didn't because I didn't have to wait in so much anticipation!

Chapitre Trois

"As soon as you land, you need to find the Travis Butcher Shop. I've marked them on your maps. There, you will find two butcher brothers by the names of Sillee Corax and J. Cakes.

/brothers .

clearly i am the far superior butcher/brother. after all its clearly my butcher shop.

I'm just saying they have a bit too much "brotherly love"

no wonder you are a tradie alone. everyone knows tradies have lots of inappropriate brotherly love.

moar story

Chapitre Cinq

"The temple is here, in the heart of the jungle. This is no ordinary jungle, Yanks. It's like the jungles from Lost: polar bears run rampant."

"So how do we get in, Corax?" Gorny asked.

Easy. We-" he pointed to himself and Cakes- " know of a safe route. Our ancestors may have feared it, but they knew of a safe path in the jungle and told us about it when they passed the responsibility to us."

"We also know of someone in the jungle that can help. He can give us. . . majestic steads, if you wanna call it that," Cakes said mysteriously.

"This beast took your lovely lady friends! We'll help get 'em back!" Corax slammed a fist into his palm.

"Question," Kestegs started, "This beast has been in what you call 'your jungle' and is infamous for kidnapping young girls for quite a while and you do nothing to stop it?"

"Honestly, this happens every 35, 36 years and our ancestors have always been eluded (? right word?) by him. The girls manage to get away or they end up not qualifying for the sacrifice."

"You could say. . . they don't make. . . the cut." Cakes had taken off a pair of sunglasses to reveal another underneath while someone in the background screamed, "YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

Kestegs and Gorny looked about them while Marahumm shrugged and continued to play on his DS.

"Why does this happen every 35 years?"

"We know, but we don't want to tell you just yet. We're written to try and keep it off as long as possible," Corax answered.

"Why?"

"Duuuuuh, we gotta keep the audience on their toes!"

All of them looked up to the audience, wide-eyed, and eeriely said, "The audience."

"They're watching us," Cakes whispered.

"So off to the Jungle Temple?" Kestegs asked everyone.

"To the Jungle Temple!"

I never knew cakes loved csi so much!

Does Mara do anything besides play his DS all day?

Are we going to go with German numbering for the next chapter?

lol, i think i'll continue on with the French numbering. we can try German numbers!

pretty sure his role will be bigger. silent, playing the DS, but bigger.

have no idea if Cakes likes CSI or not but i thought it was amusing to put in. :grin:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High