OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Re: OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Would probably bet money these guys were gg
Lord Nikon

How much?

UNVOTE:OMG

VOTE: Jason

The more he posts, the more I get a townie read. He is still on the suspicious list, but for now, I am willing to let this play out for a day or so. In the meantime, I am going to vote for the other player who decided to check out. I think he is mafia who at the moment, has other things going on.
From reading his posts in previous games, he strikes me as the type of person who is more likely to be involved if he doesn't know what is going on.

Liquid said:
@ ahcw- Would you be sad if you were lynched tomorrow?

Well everyone wants to live as long as they can, but as there are quite a few that have had me on their suspicion lists for a while it might indeed help the town. I think there are more pressing concerns, but I'll do whatever helps the town the most and getting rid of the suspicious players does indeed do that.

I'll also miss responding to these lovely questions of yours.

@Massive - You bring up an interesting point with the voting of the inactives. In my defense Slayer was acting pretty strange before the bandwagon hit hard so to me he seemed like the best choice. However, if the mafia were going to start a lynch without looking suspicious that definitely would've been the day to do it.

@Liquid - Why are you the only one who seems to see Nikon as good? He's been on most of our suspicion lists for awhile now.

I think goltar brings up a good point about trying a little harder to work together, especially the confirmed townies. Most of you have your own unique ways to trying to out people, but the town is more powerful when working together (yay for teamwork). This doesn't mean state everything that we are thinking, but it might help narrow down our suspect lists a little.

I really don't like Jason's self vote copout. I'll keep my vote on him for now because he's either A. A plain townie who had RL stuff interrupt halfway through the game and was to bored with the game afterwards to continue or B. A mafia who had some RL issues (or used that as an excuse to play under the radar) and then came back with some people pointing fingers and couldn't figure out a good way of it. Neither of them are good for the town obviously.

I still don't like Maatiarna and how defensive she gets, but if somehow Omg turns out mafia (which is possible but I'm on the fence about him) it would mostly clear her as she's been voting for him for quite some time. We'll know soon enough I suppose.

How much?
Alright. Let's throw down. My first born versus yours. You game?? :wink3:

ahcw said:
I'll also miss responding to these lovely questions of yours
Here's another lovely one for ya...

If you were mafia, why would you go along with killing unconfirmed plain townies?

ahcw said:
@Liquid - Why are you the only one who seems to see Nikon as good? He's been on most of our suspicion lists for awhile now.
Because the silver in my eyes cuts through any lies?

Here's another lovely one for ya...

If you were mafia, why would you go along with killing unconfirmed plain townies?

I wouldn't...the only reason I see for them to be doing this is they are searching for Mrs. White. You yourself has explained why it's dangerous even for them to kill Mr. Green at this point since they need to know if they got the elusive key keeper.

Personally I would've tried to knock off some of the more powerful confirmed townies and then taken a shot or two at muzz along the way.

Liquid said:

I feel like you've said that to me before :)

Your logic still didn't make any sense but we can give this one to ya. Massive knew I was Mr. Green all along. :wink3:

Whatever happened to the doc?

And you're totally wrong about Nikon.

And you already signed off your firstborn. Lister, remember? :evil:

@ Magicbiy and Muzzz if omq turns out to be mafia I hope that confirms my innocence as I have had omg as my top suspect for the past 3 days.

Not a chance, dear.

Yeah, I'd like to use some of that and re-read your posts.

Your logic still didn't make any sense but we can give this one to ya. Massive knew I was Mr. Green all along. :wink3:

No, just since that post, and I still think you are Mrs. White even though you claim Mr. Green.

And you're totally wrong about Nikon.
I can hear someone yammering, but the words I'm really looking for are "Yes Liq, I accept your challege. First borns it is."

Don't worry Muzzz, I'll raise him like my own and bring him up to be a great mafia player like his father*.
*adoptive father

And you already signed off your firstborn. Lister, remember? :evil:
I've never been wrong when ponying up a firstborn. If anything I think I should be owed a couple from those foolish enough to bet me in the past. (And we both know I've never been wrong about Lister! :wink3:)

Massive said:
No, just since that post, and I still think you are Mrs. White even though you claim Mr. Green.
I'm actually Mrs. Whitish Green. Sort of a pale swampy hue. I set fire to mansion and get to ID the bodies of those I lock in their rooms.

I've been working on a vote tally and a long post of my various thoughts and suspicions, however falling behind in a round as active as this one makes it damn difficult to get caught up. My best defense is that if I were mafia, I can guarantee I wouldn't be lying this low - observe last round. I would also be much more concerned at duplicating my usual play style, again like last round. Being mafia just makes you pay that much more attention.

A combination of RL and getting reacquainted with DII have been the main culprits (damn Wolron and his Heptad tournament:wink3:). During the next couple of days I promise to make the time to read through this thread properly (if I live, that is). :innocent:

I honestly haven't read enough at this point to make an informed judgement, so I will blindly follow someone who has:

unvote: Jason
vote: omg

By the way, my self-vote wasn't expressing my desire to be replaced, just an excuse to post something.

p.s. maatiarna is definitely a townie. I would stake my own sorry carcass on it (can afford to, with 4 mafia gone already).

From reading his posts in previous games, he strikes me as the type of person who is more likely to be involved if he doesn't know what is going on.

lukin: what the blazes does that mean in English?:shocked:

Never mind, I just figured it out (far too late, should be in bed). I responded to your question before I actually read it (or understood it).

You post more when you're clueless?

I have been far too inactive to be of any use this round. As far as i read i am the candidate for tomorrow's lynch. It won't matter at all because it is almost an auto win for the town with the current number of roles revealed, no matter the number of casulities.

Vote: omg

I know my vote doesn't matter at this point and i will be accused of my late vote tomorrow regardless of omg's role. However he was my prime mafia candidate yesterday and i am happy to cast my vote for him. If the mafia doesn't forfeit the round, i will certainly be around to share my thoughts for the next day.

Ok guys, I'm giving my official warning before the day ends. I'm going to completely miss the next day. I'll be back in town Friday evening so I'll be around for the last ~20 hours of that day.

I really feel the interactions from 2 days ago that I posted are not far of. Especially Merlin's work. I still think he touched on each of the other Mafia members. That give us 5 of the remaining 9 unknowns: Nikon, Massive, Nacruno, Cygnus and Maatiarna. I obviously won't have a vote tomorrow but I fully support lynching any one of those.

I'm also pleading with Thyiad again. Come clean on the partner thing, seriously, the Mafia are after Ms. White, they couldn't care less about a Mason at this point. By naming your partner you will keep them safe, not put them in danger. OR, by admitting there is no partner you will help the town to be more informed.

This day was another relaxing one. Not only did everyone bicked less then before there was actually room for some enjoyment. Dancing.
Well, ofcourse some dancing and some goofing off. There were groups forming on the dancefloor, people straying from one and then merging with another. At least this way the shouting and namecalling wasn't heard and people were somtimes having a good time.
Then the music was lowered and people were slowely settling down. A few tables were filled and chairs were being pulled up.
''What to do people?'' one voice piped up.
''Isn't it obvious?'' another fired back.
And yes, it was. They still had to eliminate the threat. And they could only do so in one way. Omgwtfbbqpwned stood up from his chair.
''I know what has to b..''
Which was as far he he got before the mob pounced on him.
''That settles that..'' one voice went up.
Everyone looked around, read eachothers faces and cleared out pretty quickly. Off to bed, off to another fearfull night, off to some dreamless sleep.

Omgwtfbbqpwned was killed in the ballroom.
Ray Patean was revealed to be plain townie.

Votee (number of votes) - Voter.
Omgwtfbbqpwned (9) - maatiarna, massive, liquid evil, artbell, omgwtfbbqpwned, muzzz, magicboy, jason maher, nacruno
Maatiarna (3) - jjscud, zhao yue, cygnus
Jason Maher (2) - ahcw, lukin
Nacruno (2) - thyiad, goltar

It is now Night 6. I will need PM's from all the people that have to PM me. If you don't PM me in time I will assume you don't want to use your role. This night will last for 24 hours.

What had happened during the night? It was the one question that was on most peoples lips as they went down. Everyone walked into the study because it was one of the few room that didn't have so many bad memories attached to it. Some were yawning, others were bleary eyed, most were just sagging into a chair. Looking around though it didn't look like there was someone missing, but something missing. On a second look a small pile of torn pieces of paper of what sure had been a note. That sure was a first...
Suddenly as if agreed upon a few people jumped up, did a pirouette and balled up together. `
''Hear us,'' they started singing to a well known tune, ''we are indeed the ones that you are after, we are indeed the ones that tried to weed out the evil from this mansion, we are indeed the chosen ones.''
Lord Nikon picked up his air guitar and shredded a nice solo in there.
''We have done what no other has picked up to do, we took up the job to see trough your lies and deceit because we are not the real bad guys here..''
Nacruno made a thundering drumsolo that really shook the air.
''We truly believe what we did was for the best, we only regret that we had to suffer almost as much as you. You can arrest us, we are speaking the truth, without us, this mansion will just be yours and the spirits..''
Cygnus ended it all with a thrilling saxophone riff to really awe the crowd.
After that it just went downhill for the trio. A little stunned silence, then a few laughs, someone shouting ''arresting, yeah right!'', a massive zerg and a few dangling limbs.
I guess that's it then...

The mafia has resigned. They believed they couldn't turn the tide and forfeited in the night. I'll make a little write up of the people, the roles and after that some comments on gameplay.

Code:
Mafia		Role		Night 1	Day 1	Night 2	Day 2	Night 3	Day 3	Night 4	Day 4	Night 5	Day 5	Night 6	Day 6
Nacruno		Colonel Mustard	Jaago		midnight	muzzz		aman		ray			
Water_Moon	the Cook	thyiad	dead	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x
Merlin		the Motorist	/		dead	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x
Nolecub		Mafia 4				dead	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x
Friedbananazzzz	Mafia 5						dead	x	x	x	x	x	x	x
Lord Nikon	Mafia 6												
Cygnus		Mafia 7												

Town													
Artbell		Mrs. Peacock												
Muzzz		Cop		LE		nolecub		massive		jjscud		lukin			
Massivesin	Mrs. White	zhao		massive		muzzz		LE		massive		massive	
Goltar		Miss Scarlet	/		merlin		/		/		/		/	
Liquid Evil	Mr. Green												
Jaedhann	Professor Plum	LE (26)		lukin (3)	nikon (15)	/		/		jae (12)	
Magicboy	the STG		/		/		/		goltar		/		/	
Slayer37	Town 10								dead	x	x	x	x	x
Ray Patean	Town 11									dead	x	x	x	x
Maatiarna	Town 12												
Omgwtfbbqpwned	Town 13										dead	x	x	x
Jason Maher	Town 14												
jjscud		Town 15												
Jaago		Town 16		dead	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x
Lukin		Town 17												
Aman		Town 18							dead	x	x	x	x	x	x
Nazdakka	Town 19							dead	x	x	x	x	x	x
Zhao Yue	Town 20												
Ahcw		Town 21												

Masons													
Thyiad		the Chief												
Midnightvulture	Wadsworth	x		dead	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x	x

Code:
Aman		Mrs. Peacock	Town leader		27		9
Nolecub		Miss Scarlet	Vigilante		2		25
Omgwtfbbqpwned	Professor Plum	Potion Crafter		13		24
Goltar		Mr. Green	Coroner			23		14
Lord Nikon	Mrs. White	Keeper of the keys	7		16
Jaedhann	the Chief	Masonic link		22		28
Jaago		Wadsworth	Masonic reqruiter	3		13
Massivesin	the STG		1 night message		4		2
Ray Patean	the Cop		Allignment cop		8		5
Merlin		Town 10		Regular town		16		6
Nacruno		Town 11		Regular town		5		27
Nazdakka	Town 12		Regular town		10		23
Water_Moon	Town 13		Regular town		14		4
Liquid Evil	Town 14		Regular town		20		1
Zhao Yue	Town 15		Regular town		6		3
Thyiad		Town 16		Regular town		9		11
Ahcw		Town 16		Regular town		25		26
Magicboy	Town 18		Regular town		17		21
Slayer37	Town 19		Regular town		24		12
Artbell		Town 20		Regular town		11		22
Midnightvulture	Town 21		Regular town		15		20
Cygnus		Colonel Mustard	Mafia leader		12		19
Jason Maher	the Motorist	1 night message		1		18
Maatiarna	the Cook	Cooks meals		26		17
Friedbananazzzz	Mafia 4		Regular mafia		18		8
Lukin		Mafia 5		Regular mafia		28		15
Muzzz		Mafia 6		Regular mafia		19		10
jjscud		Mafia 7		Regular mafia		21		7

1. Forgetfulness, will make your vote not count.
2. Sleepiness, will make you unable to make your night-time action.
3. Extra strength, you can survive the day lynch or the night kill.
4. Lost voice, can’t talk, only vote.
5. Very suspicious, in every post you make you have to make a vote.
6. Convincing, your vote counts double.
7. Drunk, you’re drunk. Have to add ‘hic’ to your posts.
8. Blabbermouth, you will start talking a lot and annoy everyone.
9. Lose weight, well.. who doesn’t want that.
10. Gain weight, guess you shouldn’t have taken that.
11. Hungry, you have to eat. A lot.
12. Thirsty, you have to drink. A lot.
13. Tingly, everything feel great.
14. Pep-potion, you are unable to sit down.
15. Relaxing potion, you lie down on the couch and won’t get up.
16. Bearded, you grow a beard.
17. Mana, your energy is restored.
18. Life, your life is restored.
19. Handy, you grow an extra set of arms.
20. Love, everyone is your friend.
21. Diarrhoea, that fell bad, you’re the rest of the day on the loo.
22. Muscular, you don’t have to work out today.
23. Nasty shade of green, will turn you green.
24. Nasty shade of yellow, will turn you green.
25. Nasty shade of orange, will turn you green.
26. Very nice shade of silver, will turn you silver.
27. Very nice shade of gold, will turn you gold.
28. No effect, it happens.

1 trough 6 are game affecting, the rest are novilty. As you can see Lukin actually had protection after drinking his potion.

Notes:

1. Yes real life tells suck balls, especially if they're true. However you're NOT comming around them. I think EVERYONE overreacted. All that was to be done was ''well that's nice goltar, we'll see what happens to that'' done. I could pick up on 2-3 mafia tells in that hazard myself (yeah, I know I had an easier time knowing the roles, but still). It cannot be left out of the game, if goltar picked something up, then he has to go with it. In fact, if I were playing and he hadn't brought it up immediately but later in the game I'd be very suspicious of him. Next time people should just accept it, take it up in their notes and do whatever they want with it.
PM's and notes that goltar somehow rigged the game or read w_m's pm are not going in with me. This is a game, if that had happened I would trust goltar on just saying it to me.

2. I think a few people played well. LE, nice set up on the silver stuff. LE pm'd me during the night if he could pull one off during the day, which ofcourse was allowed. Really flushed it out there. Also nice play on ''framing'' green on someone else, I must say I found it a bit over the top when you menioned picking up hints for the third time, but it was still a good play. Massive was a bit passive with his powers (protecting self x3), but still a good leap of faith to not protect muzzz. I also think the town stood as a nice collective. Ofcourse the way I set up the game helped with that, but people really were looking at the big picture in this game which was what got the town the victory.

3. The rules. I think I set up the rules pretty decent (in hindsight). I knew beforehand that the STG, Peacock and Plum to be claimable roles giving the town a good setup with a possible 3 man mason group too. That going up against 7 mafia seemed fair to me. I enjoyed the doc/roleblock combo because it gave the cop a think to claim. It made possible for another townie to stay alive, but also hindered the cop enough not to make it worthwhile to claim early on. Which brings me to muzzz's claim. I think it was a decent play, mainly because you hit a mafia, however I think the mafia should just have targetted muzzz every night after that. Just keep hitting him untill Mrs. White decided it was time to play and just get rid of the cop. The way it went now the mafia was digging themselfs a hole with double speed: 1-trying to hit white/green 2-cop investigation. If they kept hitting muzzz and he kept protecting at least they wouldn't get any more trusted townies. It was just too bad that 4 bad guys were hit in the first 3 days. I agree with most (I think) that Thyiad, you were a bit shallow on your partner scheme ^^, mentioning him once was fine, but like others mentioned it should've been followed by a claim soon otherwise it would be strange if someone claimed partner after your demise.

All in all I think it still was a decent game. A few good moves were pulled and some nice mindgames were played. The mafia got unlucky and that basically covered it. There were more inactives then I hoped, but I didn't want to punish anything about that, especially because it's vacation time now for me too and quite a few people said on beforhand that they would be away for some time during the game.

Thanks for playing. I hope everyone had fun. Stay alive.

Thanks for hosting Sint. It was fun once I got over the Day 1 mess I created.

Oh, and Liquid, what was that about Nikon being town? And I think you mentioned something about a firstborn.

Well GG.

The mafia just gave up i guess...

And thyiad WASN'T the chief.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High