Muling & Reporting: The ATMA/GoMule/Flavie Thread ifra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Muling & Reporting: The ATMA/GoMule/Flavie Thread

I wiped D2 completely from my PC, then reinstalled and patched it to 1.09b using the patch from ftp.blizzard.com, when I open it it says 1.09, but I don't have any other patches d/l

What version are you thinking of?

EDIT:btw this is classic

Last edited:

Well, if ATMA lets you transfer an item between stashes, but not chars, theres probably a problem with the char not the item.

Play around creating new chars with ATMA from different versions and find one that'll let you cross it over.

Failing that, there's an option somewhere that says "allow values outside game limits" or similar. Find that and make sure it's ticked.

OK Thanks.

Its only that item though, everything else in the stash will transfer over quite happily

It seems it will jump to an ATMA generated 1.09 character

My long distance debugging skills are a little rusty :) I can't tell what the problem is from your error. I can tell where the problem is, but the what escapes me.

Could you email a copy of the char to [email protected]? Thank you, i'll delete it when (if) i've fixed it.

Just a quick question

When you create a "1.09" character in ATMA, is that v1.09d?

Just a quick question

When you create a "1.09" character in ATMA, is that v1.09d?

I don't believe there's any character file differences between sub versions. The a, d, etc things are just for stuff like new items, balances and bug fixes, that sort of stuff.

found the problem with that one, she had an ear on her that blocked it. I sent you one that only opens in v.20 but not v.18 which I had been using, can you transfer the bank from one to the other?

found the problem with that one, she had an ear on her that blocked it. I sent you one that only opens in v.20 but not v.18 which I had been using, can you transfer the bank from one to the other?

Ah, that explains it then :)

When you update to a new version, ensure that your GoMule/projects folder is copied into the new installation. This should keep your bank and clipboard.

d/l ed ATMA 4 to mule over some stuff in 1.10s, and I can't access my characters

The error is
Version: 1.10 Save File
Zero bit follows the quality data (Tower Shield bit 168)
Failed attempt to read a 1.10a item
Failed to analyze savegame
Unable to load character file

The other character has the error Sash instead of Tower Shield

Any ideas?
The patch came from the mispelt chilly place

d/l ed ATMA 4 to mule over some stuff in 1.10s, and I can't access my characters

The error is
Zero bit follows the quality data (Tower Shield bit 168)
Failed attempt to read a 1.10a item

The other character has the error Sash instead of Tower Shield

Any ideas?
The patch came from the mispelt chilly place

You can say Phrozenkeep around here.

It thinks your items are 1.10a and only supports 1.10s. I imagine you downloaded the 1.10a patch by accident. Go download ATS from the ATMA website and see what happens when convert 'em to 1.10s.

OK, ATS opened my mule with some gear from 1.09b, but not my sorc I'm gonna use to get a betaCtA, the error is (bah, why can't u c+p errors):

Zero bit follows the quality data (Club bit 244)
Attempt to read a 1.10s file

EDIT:And ATMA 4 still won't open either, the stuff on mule was 1.09b classic btw

Well, I have very little knowledge of 1.10 beta save structures, so you'll just have to wait for tenshi to come round ;)

Curse your lack of knowledge about diablo files:tongue:

The PK 1.10s file calls itself a "prepatch" not a patch, could that have anything to do with it?

Also should I play on with this character, or wait, I want to get stuff working so D2 can be a retreat from stressful revision, rather than vice versa

EDIT: also, ATMA 4 will open characters I created using this patch, perhaps the old patch was screwed over by the fact I did it manually with PK files, as my loD disc was cracked, so maybe I'll just start again

Well, it was a beta. 1.10 beta was never released as a "patch" by blizzard, it was a beta for a patch, so a prepatch pretty much sums it up.

If you can still open the char in D2, keep playing it. Tried creating a new char and muling some items over? Etc etc, try things out, see what'll open in ATMA and what won't.

Remember, end of the day it was a beta patch, so lots of things could be wrong with it. Could be bugs, could be errors etc. The same probably goes for ATMA 4, Tenshi must have put it together pretty fast with a mind to have it as a temporary solution till the next version of D2 arrived.

Must be the gear I picked up while using my manual 1.10s patch, I stripped her naked and now she works fine :thumbsup: in ATMA 4

Thanks for the help silo, just in time to play a bit more than watch MoTD, i shoulda known the problem was between the laptop and the chair:rolleyes:

Er, it has returned

I bought some stuff, and picked a few things up, and they are registering as 1.10a items in ATMA 4, so I get the same error and it won't open the characters. I checked and I definitely d/l the 1.10s patch from the PK

Another complete reinstall required?

*shrug*

No idea. Like I say, Tenshi is the only one who can answer your questions at this stage.

Atma with zonealarm problems.

Anybody else notice any problems using atma with zonealarm? My zonealarm spyscanner thinks it's a threat and deletes it with every deep inspection scan. I have to use quick intelligence scan because of this. Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High