Muling & Reporting: The ATMA/GoMule/Flavie Thread ifra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Muling & Reporting: The ATMA/GoMule/Flavie Thread

Sure I'll send it, but what do you mean by sending the error?? :S

Stashes with the orb in it are working in atma btw, but not in gomule.

Sure I'll send it, but what do you mean by sending the error?? :S

Stashes with the orb in it are working in atma btw, but not in gomule.

Don't worry about the error, I should be able to get it myself. If I can't, we'll come back to it :p

ATMA is quite a lot more lenient than GoMule.

Just here to report that GoMule works quite well under linux. UI isn't the greatest and there are bugs when it comes to item listing, but so far I haven't hit any major bug (and I hope it remains this way).
I'm using GoMule because ATMA doesn't work very well with wine, It works but the UI is very messy. I also try to keep my wine use as low as possible.

Have there been any plans to port ATMA to linux (I could help with that) or improve its compatibility with wine?

- Jaak

Just here to report that GoMule works quite well under linux. UI isn't the greatest and there are bugs when it comes to item listing, but so far I haven't hit any major bug (and I hope it remains this way).
I'm using GoMule because ATMA doesn't work very well with wine, It works but the UI is very messy. I also try to keep my wine use as low as possible.

Have there been any plans to port ATMA to linux (I could help with that) or improve its compatibility with wine?

- Jaak

I find it does OK with wine. No plans to port that I'm aware of, iirc the code is written in a reasonably little used language.

As for GoMule, expand on your complaints and maybe I can do something about them :)

I was just thinking about this ... what sort of error checks do you make in general? I'd have to say that close to 20% of all the code in ATMA is devoted to error checking.

--T

Very very little in terms of ensuring items and characters conform to the way they should be. For instance, you can happily open a classic character in GoMule, even though it has no real support for classic chars.

I guess it's because ATMA was created originally for a different purpose, whereas GoMule assumes the data coming in is totally correct and doesn't allow any modifications outside game boundaries (apart from equipping 2 wirts legs or similar).

20%...that is a lot :) I can only imagine...thankfully, I didn't write a lot of the low level reading stuff, that was mostly Randall/Gohanman. I'm currently trying to work out why the experience is returned as a negative number on some chars even though it displays correctly in ATMA :p On the whole it works fine, but there must be something somewhere causing an issue.

I was just thinking about this ... what sort of error checks do you make in general? I'd have to say that close to 20% of all the code in ATMA is devoted to error checking.

--T

GoMule was originally very lenient sometimes (very rare though) causing catastrophic errors. For example it searched for items by searching for the defined separator characters. But sometimes these separator characters were data within the item (causing to ruin that specific character/stash).

Up to then my knowledge was highly limited, I started to increase my (and GoMule's) knowledge by trying to understand every single bit of the item.

Somewhere in development GoMule switched from lenient to highly strict (only that what I/GoMule understand is that what I/Gomule reads). The problem with this is that sometimes GoMule refuses to read a stash or character, but it does not causes character or stash corruption anymore.

I would have to start digging into the code to understand all checks again, from memory it does rough checks on character blocks (skills, propeties, items, merc) and highly detailed reading of the item (not just quick scanning to an expected and) in a bitwise manner including looking for the item-end and expecting the marker for the next items within 7 bits after the end.

The reporter error (that item that can not be read) must do something I had not anticipated.

Marco

First I love Atma!! You did an awesome job on it!

I do have a coupld newbish questions that i couldnt find an answer to by searching and reading hundreds of posts.

On the ATMA drop Calculator --- When i do a search i (think) i enter all the pertinent information and press search but get no results.

It does list some items in the drop down box (that i have found already) and gives me what i need on those but what about items i type in?

I did a search for a gull dagger and have never found one in game it shows no results. I have done this on several items and am curious if to find the drop % on an item do you have to first have found an item like that in game or does it find it for you when you type the name in?

I dont want hacks or anything as such but would love to know where are the best places to hunt to find an item or two that i would like.

Is this a bad case of user error or does anyone know how i can get this to work?

Thanks

Zeulon

Urgent help needed with Atma

hey all

Im trying to transfer my insight from my zon to my trapsin. However when i used atma I cannot transfer it to my trapsin. Why? I dragged it and the stop sign is there so i cant drop it into my trapsin's inventory

Help please

@Zeulon
I think you misunderstood the concept of drop calculator in ATMA(or I misunderstood your post :laugh:). It's purpose is to tell you what is the probability for a given item to drop by a certain monster(or what items a given monster can drop and with what probability's). It has nothing to do with the items you found.

Hmm, maybe there is an ATMA guide somewhere, but i can't find it. But I'll try to put something together here:

1. Let's say you want to know where is the best place to find a Gull Dagger

2. You open the drop calculator for your version of the game(usually 1.11 but calculators for older patches are provided as well)

3. In the MF textbox write down the amount of magic find that the character you will be playing with has. Adjusts the "Players" and "Partied players" drop down lists ("Players" is a total number of players in game, affected by the "/players x" command where x is a number between 1 and 8, "Partied players" is usually set to 1 unless you actually play with someone).

4. Leave the "Search type" drop down list on: "Item"

5. Set the "Monster type" drop down list on: "Any"

6. Leave the "Difficulty" drop down list on "Any"

7. Set the "Item class" drop down list to "Weapon"

8. Set the "Item quality" drop down list on "Unique" (because Gull is an unique dagger)

9. Set the "Item grade" drop down list to "Normal" (because daggers are a normal class weapons)

10. From the "Item" drop down list pick "Gull" and click "Search"

You will get a listing with some information:

Probability: tells you the odds that the Gull will drop if you kill that monster

Name: the name of the monster, so that you know who to kill :wink3:. The [N] symbol that is following the name of the monster tells you that it's a Nightmare difficulty monster, and [H] stands for Hell difficulty. The "first kill" means that it's a probability for an item to drop that monster the first time your character kills it (quest drop), and that probability is higher then any subsequent kill your character makes on that monster for that difficulty level.

Area: tells you where the monster can be found and it's level*

*monsters with levels 110 don't exist in single player and you should disregard any entries with those monsters in the calculator.

The end

HTH

Re: Urgent help needed with Atma

sounds like you dont have the space for the item on the chr you are trying to transfer it to. an insight polearm requires 8 free spaces, try moving it around before you drop it.

Thanks Antonio im sure i just didnt put some correct information in there, Ill do a step by step tonight and see if i can get it. I must have done something worng because it wouldnt pull any info up for me and that why i was curious why i didnt see the item listed in the drop down box.

@ Zeulon. Don't hit return. Use the search button in ATMA. Dumb mistake I made.

Yeah i was doing a couple of things wrong lol

I am great now and appreciate the help folks.

Using it i found the Waterwalk Sharkskin Boots that were a huge upgrade for my Hammy.

Thanks again for your patience and help.

Zeu

I can't find a GoMule guide? Is there one I can see?

Is there a known bug with v1.09b and Irathra's Coil (the crown). I found it on p16 NM Meph runs, and stashed it away, but can't get it out of the ATMA stash onto my character

EDIT: it will jump inbetween stashes, but not onto my character

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High