MFO Time (Signups and Progress)

Re: MFO Time (Signups and Progress)

Well, the fat lady sang. Did somewhere around 3.5k runs. Counter stopped at 21.

Thanks to all the competition and especially my teammates. Kittens! still rule!

Midnight has come and gone here so I'm done!:alright:

I can't remember why I chose to put myself through this once again, but in the end I guess I'm happy that I did. I think in the end I did around 1700 runs.

Good luck to those still running and thanks to my fellow Kittens! for their company during the insanity that is the MFO!

Sent my final score to nepeta. Did 3342 runs with 355 qualifiers (well, and a few dozen Dangoon's and Laying of Hands and so on I didn't pick up...). Oh, and 11 TC3 uniques...yeah, we really should include them in the scoring :p

The first 3300 runs were on/p1, averaging 25.792 seconds per run, the last 142 were on /p3, averaging 27.349 seconds per run. The difference is so small since I improved my runtimes right till the end, so my average run time the last 1000 /p1 runs was probably rather something like 22-23 seconds.

Well, the fat lady sang. Did somewhere around 3.5k runs. Counter stopped at 21.
lol - too lazy to use a counter, heh? :p

Thanks to all the competition and especially my teammates. Kittens! still rule!
Seconded!

Good luck to those still running!

EDIT: Probably the rarest thing to happen during this MFO.

Last edited:

I can't remember
1700 runs
insanity

1700 runs? Not bad for running A85, but for baal?! Must have had an insane runtime. Now it's over, ready to divulge any and all secrets?

My results have been sent. :)

All done here, final result and printouts sent. About 1500 runs, 51 qualifiers, I guess I should make a Sorceress one day. Thank you to JJ for running the MFO , the supervisors for the updates, and everyone who took part.

I'm still here. Sleep-deprived and cranky, but I'm determined to make the most of my remaining time (4.5 hours).

By my calculations, by the time I'm done I will have done around 1200 runs. I'm pretty proud of myself. :D

EDIT: The MF gods don't want me to win. Unique Scissors Suwayyah and a unique Vortex Shield within the same hour. :cry:

Ok, my would be participation in this MFO is over. I finally did some more runs this weekend, replacing my no.1 item with a slightly better one. Too bad I got myself killed twice :rolleyes:

The first death got me thinking, whether there's any point in running Baal without CtA. I got 1-hit killed by a single ordinary doll while amped - here goes 1443 life :whistling: Of course I killed that one on purpose. Well, surprise!

After a break, I resumed the running with no joy whatsoever. My peevish attacks against Lister's pack no matter their mods truthfully reflected my mood. I guess it was not a good idea to tank that mighty/ES one in the end.. Getting a little bit too close to Baal, here comes decrep, and.. Bam :lipsrsealed:

This looks promising, but sadly the drop comes from a witch boss :p

Results sent to jingizu.

Last edited:

Congrats to all the runners, finished or not - I'm looking forward to gawking at the results :thumbup:. Something I was thinking about earlier today - each time the olympics are held they have the paralympics in the same host area and timeframe... maybe someday we could organize an MFPO (MF paralympics) for the folks that are handicapped by RL and constrained to a more modest effort :). I wouldn't want to detract anything from the madness, but it would be fun to participate and I'd feel ridiculous if I ever entered a true MFO.

No udates from me. Pretty horrible score this go-round and my top item will probably be nabbed, but was fun regardless. Should've run Baal in retrospect for the experience it would've netted me. Thanks again jjscud!

I'm done now. I'm crashing in my bed and sending in my update later. Hope you don't mind. Extremely sleep-deprived. :sleep:

Done and gave my stashes a once over.
4267 Pindle runs with 66 qualifiers out of 472 s/u. And from all of those I have decreased my grail hunt by 36 from -148 to -112! And I found a few new eth uniques on top of that. All but one of my top5 are grailers for me. I'm really hoping that I stay in second place and maybe RIP's update get's clogged in the tubes of the internet, bumping me to first and keeping them safe :whistling:.

I am also finished. Final score sent to nepeta. I gave it my best effort and it's going to fall way short. I am actually very disappointed with the drops over the past 3 days. I'm looking forward to building some new characters though.

GG Team!

Thanks jjscud for hosting these MFO and to nepeta for the work as area scorekeeper.

Only 487 runs for me, with 76 qualifiers. Final results with readouts sent your way Jingizu. Hopefully still in the top 5. Notable non-qualifiers below. :p.

Code:
Azure Scourge
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 80
Durability: 124 of 130
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 57
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x578aaad4
Cold Resist +8%
150% Damage to Undead

Blessed Spiderweb Sash of Remedy
Defense: 102
Durability: 14 of 24
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0xdcfb64e5
+62% Enhanced Defense
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Legendary Mallet of Alacrity
One-Hand Damage: 50 to 61
Durability: 116 of 130
Required Strength: 189
Required Level: 61
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x96059840
20% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead

Legendary Mallet of Performance
One-Hand Damage: 61 to 61
Durability: 86 of 130
Required Strength: 189
Required Level: 61
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7bfe667d
+11 to Minimum Damage
150% Damage to Undead

Scourge of Venom
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 80
Durability: 116 of 130
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 57
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xcadff660
+21 poison damage over 4 seconds
150% Damage to Undead

Ok, well, it's over! I'm very glad to have participated in this MFO. I really enjoyed the competition and hope to have given the pindle guys a run for their money on this.

I also want to thank JJ for hosting this tourney, without which, I wouldn't have made new friends in Zaliquai, Jaedann, Joosh, and Grisu. All of which made the runs much easier to take when it got hard to push through (along with large quantities of caffiene and sugar!).

I'm sure my family will want me back now for awhile. Which I may oblige them, but I do have more builds planned and want to get to work on those now that this is over.

Good job guys on another great MFO!.

I'm through, I'm so beat its not even funny. And of course,today's strong finishing effort netted me 1 stinking qualifier. What a waste.

Anyways, That's again to nepeta, sequana, Jingizu and Zalaqai for running the categories. Please get your results to them asap. That includes full item readouts of your top 5.

The final results I need can be PM'ed to me or sent to my email at [email protected] and should look like the ones here.

Unfortunately I will be travelling for work tomorrow and won't be able to get online until ~3:00 AM Tuesday (GMT). So results will be posted a bit later than I like but hopefully noone will be sitting around all day waiting for that post.

Supervisors, I usually end up chasing down the last one or two results, I will really need your help to chase down everyone in your category. Of course if there's been no posts/results and no responses to a PM, then that's that.

I'm sending my results in now and hopefully I'll be back here in less that 24 hours with the full results.

Edit: And yes, there will be another Pentathlon, because it lasts so long it may not be for a while, but it is coming.

Got to 3518 runs before midnight struck. Considering I was only expecting to do maybe 2k, I'm pleased with that. In total, I spent just a tad under 50 hours (say, 49-1/2?) running. My fingers hurt, my head is sore, I'm extremely short on sleep, I've had to change chairs three times to save my backside and I've probably set my work back a week or so on top of the time spent doing this. But it was fun. Really fun. Thanks to all of you for making it that way, especially for the other alvl85 runners for incredibly tough competition.

I picked up 132 qualifiers, and kept an additional stash of about 900 non-qualifiers. Blizzy ends the MFO with 2 million less experience than she began it with, which is not quite the direction I was hoping that to take.

Thanks to all who volunteered to be supervisors. Taking on the responsibility of keeping track of other's finds while still trying to run your head off is tough. I'll send my finals standing to Zaliqai in just a minute.

On the bright side, the work is over and the drooling over items can begin in earnest soon. For now, we can all sleep. I know I am. G'night.

I'm so sorry about that. I actually passed out right after that post 2 hours ago. I hadn't slept for over 30 hours. I set my alarm before I fell asleep, though, so I'm up again and semi-conscious.

My runs were over 2 hours ago. I am emailing Jingizu my final score in a few minutes. I found 152 qualifiers (I didn't pick up everything, though. Including IK Mauls and such I'd guess a bit more than 200. Next time, I will keep everything for comparing purposes.)

EDIT: -_- I accidentally dumped 19 of my non-qualifiers in the qualifier stash. I only have 133 qualifiers in my stash.

I got extremely lucky this MFO--probably some of the best stretch of good luck I've had in D2, and not just in terms of qualifiers. I believe I will be in the top half in the Baal category, but more than that I can't say. I do know I was competing against very good players, so I'm proud of my achievements. :D

Thank you to:

Supervisors: For a job well done. Like maareek said, it's tough to keep track of so many runners while trying to compete yourselves. You guys kept us updated a lot more frequently than you first promised, which I appreciate. :tongue:

jjscud: For hosting the MFO. I thoroughly enjoyed my first tournament. I would love to participate in your Pentathlon.

My competitors in the Baal category: For motivating me to run Baal an insane number of times. On Day 6 or so, I was extremely discouraged because I hadn't improved my Top 5 in days and I was dying left and right because of fatigue and carelessness. But my competitive spirit kept me going. Win or lose, you guys were very worthy opponents. :D

My teammates: For being supportive. Great effort, especially in the last few days. I think we were the dark horse team throughout the competition. I look forward to seeing your results. Special shoutout to Thomh for his enthusiasm and generosity.

Great job, everyone. I will post my non-qual finds in maareek's thread tomorrow.

Last edited:

Alright, decided it'd probably be really inconvenient for the Europeans if I waited until after I got up to make the new IFT, so went ahead and took care of that. Hope I didn't write anything stupid because of the lack of sleep and all.

Anyway, it's nappy nap num num time for real.

Done and final score sent to sequana.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High