MFO Summer 2011 Results [by jjscud]

Re: MFO Summer 2011 Results

Well, didn't expect much really, but had a blast and did my best. Atleast I dinged 96. 37 Qualifiers have been picked up, here are the best:

@Kaerion

here is the readout for the CoA, but remember it's HC, and not SC.

Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 388
Durability: 46 of 50
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0x117baf53
Item Level: 99
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
Indestructible
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+50% Enhanced Defense
+139 Defense
All Resistances +29
Damage Reduced by 10% 1 Sockets (0 used)

A couple of stunning scores there, congrats to everyone and thanks to jjscud! :)

I managed a grand total of ~400 runs, half of which were done saturday, so finishing last doesn't really surprise me...

On the bright side, I got one grailer. This one made me chuckle..

Torch of Iro
Wand
One Hand Damage: 2 - 4
Durability: 8 of 15
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0xe67d9ac0
Item Level: 99
Unidentified
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
Adds 5 - 9 Fire Damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
+3 to Light Radius

Congrats to all the winners!

I did right at about 30 hours and 930 /p1 pit rune with 824 mf and 50% hork,on my singer barb. I found all of my top 5 in the first 10 hours, which I thought was pretty good, but then my luck was just gone! 87 qualifiers total.

Here is my flavie for the MFO.

Readouts, ask for anything else if you want it, in general , rolls were pretty terrible. I won't be taking anything from anyone.

Code:
Griffon's Eye 
Diadem 
Defense: 158 
Durability: 10 of 20 
Required Level: 76 
Fingerprint: 0x72a38e60 
Item Level: ** 
+1 to All Skills 
+25% Faster Cast Rate 
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
+12% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+101 Defense 

Stormlash 
Scourge 
One Hand Damage: 11 - 305 
Durability: 49 of 65 
Required Strength: 125 
Required Dexterity: 77 
Fingerprint: 0x2c69572b 
15% Chance to cast level 10 Static Field on striking 
20% Chance to cast level 18 Tornado on striking 
+30% Increased Attack Speed 
282% Enhanced Damage 
+150% Damage to Undead 
Adds 1 - 473 Lightning Damage 
33% Chance of Crushing Blow 
+3 Lightning Absorb 
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 30 

Spirit Keeper 
Earth Spirit 
Defense: 652 
Durability: 11 of 11 
Required Level: 67 
Required Strength: 94 
Fingerprint: 0x3c7ed97f 
Item Level: 87 
+2 to Druid Skill Levels 
+20% Faster Hit Recovery 
+185% Enhanced Defense 
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist 
Fire Resist +36% 
+13 Lightning Absorb 
Cold Absorb 19% Ethereal 

Cerebus' Bite 
Blood Spirit 
Defense: 338 
Durability: 14 of 20 
Required Level: 63 
Required Strength: 86 
Fingerprint: 0x703c6c76 
+2 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only) 
66% Bonus to Attack Rating 
8% Life stolen per hit 
33% Chance of Open Wounds 
+1 to Feral Rage (Druid Only) 
+132% Enhanced Defense

Steelrend 
Ogre Gauntlets 
Defense: 264 
Durability: 18 of 24 
Required Level: 70 
Required Strength: 185 
Fingerprint: 0xc8f7a2a8 
42% Enhanced Damage 
10% Chance of Crushing Blow 
+197 Defense 
+20 to Strength 

Shadow Dancer 
Myrmidon Greaves 
Defense: 140 
Durability: 16 of 24 
Required Level: 71 
Required Strength: 167 
Fingerprint: 0xb0783bce 
Unidentified 
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only) 
+30% Faster Run/Walk 
+30% Faster Hit Recovery 
+95% Enhanced Defense 
+18 to Dexterity 
Requirements -20%

Well done everyone! I ran for 5-6 hours, my heart wasn't into it. Maybe next time.

Sequana, nice roll on Web.👍 I don't need it atm, as I don't plan on making poisonmancers or rabies druid any time soon. And it would be a shame to sell it.
So I also won't take anything, maybe next time.

Congrats once more to everyone who participated, especially to Pindle runners.
It was the most exciting category IMO and it was a pretty tight at the end.:D

Congrats to all the winners and thanks again jjscud for hosting.

I was really looking forward to see all the results, especially Pindle. I knew I had a good result when I found the DWeb in the last day, but since I was behind during all MFO... the suspense! Grats scrcrw 👍

And ofc, congrats to the Kittens :D

As for trophies, I won't be claiming any. (if you found a 15/15/70 Treks let me know tho :p)

Requested read-outs:

Code:
Griswold's Redemption 
Caduceus 
One Hand Damage: 114 - 132 
Durability: 35 of 70 
Required Level: 66 
Required Strength: 78 
Required Dexterity: 56 
Fingerprint: 0x6098c4de 
Item Level: 86 
Unidentified 
+40% Increased Attack Speed 
209% Enhanced Damage 
+350% Damage to Undead 
Requirements -20% Set (2 items): +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only) Set (3 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage Set (4 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage 4 Sockets (0 used) 

Death's Web 
Unearthed Wand 
One Hand Damage: 22 - 28 
Durability: 12 of 18 
Required Strength: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x2efabc9e 
Item Level: 86 
Unidentified 
+2 to All Skills 
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only) 
-48% to Enemy Poison Resistance 
+8 to Mana after each Kill 
+7 Life after each Kill

Also my friend Pindle asked me to post his TOP5:

scrcrw's Tooth - 10.7
LiquidClear's Shin Protector - 11.3
Some Noob's Car keys - 14.6
nulio's Awesome Essence of Awesomeness - 27.9 (oh wait, do this means he killed me?)
scrcrw's note to Pindleskin written with "Lov u Pindeh, call me ;)" - 422.5
Pindle [1.13c SC FAM] - 487

Many thanks to jjscud for hosting such a fun event and congratulations to all of the winners. I won't be taking any items but if anyone happened to find a nice DWeb they want to trade, please let me know.

I'll post a haul pic over the next couple of days but I thought I would post a few quick stats. I only played approximately 30 hours due to RL responsibilities and I have 119 qualifiers in my stash to show for it. Towards the end of the competition I stopped picking up lower scoring qualifiers so I would guess I had about 140 total qualifying drops.

I made all my runs on P1 with a poison necro that started out as a classic poison / summon hybrid. By the end of the MFO I dumped a few extra skill points into IG so I could drop the Insight off my merc and go with Infinity instead. I was extremely impressed with the results and plan to respec to poison nova / IG / BA and then do some testing to see just how powerful a pit runner this can make. If it is as good as I think, I'll post a guide because I can't remember seeing this build previously. Another interesting note is that between poison nova and CE, I could clear large packs of normal monsters so fast that I chose to add them to my runs. This typically amounted to 3 or 4 packs of normal monsters tightly bunched in small rooms that I could wipe out with a blast or two of CE. As I remember, bosses are 30x to 50x better for drops, but I believe killing large groups so quickly really helped my efficiency. Hopefully this will spark comments from those more game mechanic savvy than me as to whether or not this was a sound strategy.

Regardless, tons of fun and I am psyched to have finally found Tyrael's. I found it around 06:00 on the second Saturday of the tournament and was so excited that I woke my wife up to tell her. Needless to say, she was not as excited as me but I had to tell someone since I couldn't post about my good luck until after the MFO.

Thanks again jjscud.

Killing all of the monsters is a good way to get more qualifiers, yes, and also more runes. Can't really argue with that.

However, when the only items that will increase your score have to come from a boss pack, what is the point of killing anything else? After about 8 hours into the MFO, all non-boss packs became irrelevant to my MFO standings. I guess it just depends more on your goals than anything. If you want to get more good stuff like runes, jewels, charms, etc. then taking an extra 5-10 seconds per run is reasonable. But if your main goal is to win the MFO, then that is really just wasted time.

jjscud-

Thanks, but I am looking for at least 2/47 as this will be for one of my primary MF characters.

kestegs-

Interestingly enough, my DF and Spirit Keeper are ilvl 85. I also checked my "almost" Top 5 items and found around 1/3 were ilvl 85 as well.

Of the top 20ish scoring items from the Pits scorecard, where is the cutoff for items that could only come from a boss pack?

kestegs said:
However, when the only items that will increase your score have to come from a boss pack, what is the point of killing anything else? After about 8 hours into the MFO, all non-boss packs became irrelevant to my MFO standings. I guess it just depends more on your goals than anything. If you want to get more good stuff like runes, jewels, charms, etc. then taking an extra 5-10 seconds per run is reasonable. But if your main goal is to win the MFO, then that is really just wasted time.

Good luck finding straight Tyrael's that way. As for the others, Death's Web, Astreon's Ward and Darkforce Spawn are all low enough qlvl to drop from mlvl 85 monsters.

Edit: @MercMan - The three qlvl 87s are Tyrael's Might, Arachnid mesh, and Azurewrath. Qlvl 86 are Crown of Ages, Mang Song's Lesson, Stormlash and Tomb Reaver (thanks Hrus)

Everything else can drop from any monster in alvl 85 areas

@jjscud-

Thanks for dropping the knowledge.

@kestegs-

I wouldn't sweat right or wrong. I think it would be great if we could end up with a good discussion regarding MF strategy. There has to be an optimum build / strategy for every major target. Even if it is only the best by a small amount. Maybe someone experienced in the subject could crunch the numbers and share their results.

@MercMan - I think it's a very interesting topic - partly because my Fathom was dropped off a normal monster. I think it's a funny screenshot... one zombie was trying to sneak up behind me.

In the end I think it depends a lot on the location and technique of the run. For an AT blizz sorc, I think it's definitely going to lose over time. The layout of the rooms typically leads to relatively few good size normal packs, and the runs can be so quick that taking in one extra battle is a 10% time cost... since you can be in a new game killing another boss so quickly, there's almost no way to kill enough others to overcome the drop odd difference (before you even factor in not being able to get the qlvl 86/87s). I think this is one of the major factors that led to such poor rune performance in AT over the course of the MFO. The drop rates are the same as the pit, but the gameplay is much more tailored to hit and run the bosses at /p1.

Poison nova and corpse explosion are much more suited to unintentional full room clears, and I believe (I have very limited experience to back this up) that the pit is better laid out for it as well. Add in the fact that a well geared necro can easily stack the /p setting, and it becomes a much more interesting balancing act (in my mind at least). Sadly i'm an unearthed wand and a Jah from really experimenting heavily with it :badteeth:

The same kind of interaction is at work when comparing the two most popular (as far as I can tell) pit runners, the Berserker and the Poisonmancer. Poisonmancers are pretty much the ultimate full-clearers, and can easily handle higher psettings if wanted (whether this is wise from an efficiency standpoint is very arguable). Berserkers use a one hit/one click melee attack; it's pretty much impossible to do fullish clears efficiently. Moreover, raising psettings will drastically slow down killing speed on a typically equipped Berserker.

Comparing two such different styles is pretty interesting to me. While this doesn't contain any answers in itself, if you have a rough idea on how you're performing with your different MF builds, this thread might be of interest to you.

As for MercMan's general question on what runners are "best" for different targets, WW Barbs and Berserk Barbs tend to do pretty well in the Pit or Pindle imo. It wouldn't surprise me if some hybrid (because of Magic Immunes) Barb build was also the best character for AT too, but I haven't tested that too extensively. I'm thinking that might be the next MFO for me, although if this MFO was any indication, that would be a pretty half-assed effort :)

Congratulations to all winners and Team Kittens! As always, nice to see those haul pics *drool* I'm especially envious of that Tyrael's of yours, MercMan - still hoping that the thing might drop some time...

Also a big wowzers to jjsucd - the lone host and supervisor and still the results were out faster than ever before? :shocked:

Hope to have some time to participate in the winter MFO!

Ok, finally got a little time to sit down and offer up my haul pic.

Only thing exciting about the pic is that my sorc could actually hold all the items in it so there was no necessity of an MP game.

I too won't be claiming any items from the AT category, so you guys are safe, unless someone got themselves a nice eth 3os tomby. Then we could talk. I could have used a decent 2os CoA but I figure if I need one bad enough, I'll just trade for it.

And as it was suggested earlier in the discussion, I agree that a possible reason for the lack of HR's in the AT category is the way we do our runs. I did most of my runs with a blizzsorc and I would lay down the blizz and wait to see what the boss dropped when they popped and if it wasn't a qualifier, I immediately tele'd away to the next pack. I probably had a few runes the minions dropped lost as I wasn't on screen when they walked into the blizzard and died. I didn't have time to sit around and wait for them to die.

Top5 readouts:

Code:
Darkforce Spawn 
Bloodlord Skull 
Defense: 375 
Chance to Block: 0 
Durability: 16 of 20 
Required Level: 64 
Required Strength: 106 
Fingerprint: 0x9ac1e9b4 
Unidentified 
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only) 
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+30% Faster Cast Rate 
+152% Enhanced Defense 
Increase Maximum Mana 10% 

Griswold's Redemption 
Caduceus 
One Hand Damage: 125 - 145 
Durability: 51 of 70 
Required Strength: 78 
Required Dexterity: 56 
Fingerprint: 0x476ea6aa 
Unidentified 
+40% Increased Attack Speed 
239% Enhanced Damage 
+350% Damage to Undead 
Requirements -20% 
Set (2 items): +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only) 
Set (3 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage 
Set (4 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage 
3 Sockets (0 used) 

Crown of Ages 
Corona 
Defense: 373 
Durability: 37 of 50 
Required Strength: 174 
Fingerprint: 0xbe488c0e 
Unidentified 
Indestructible 
+1 to All Skills 
+30% Faster Hit Recovery 
+50% Enhanced Defense 
+124 Defense 
All Resistances +25 
Damage Reduced by 13% 1 
Sockets (0 used) 

Griffon's Eye 
Diadem 
Defense: 244 
Durability: 10 of 20 
Required Level: 76 
Fingerprint: 0x95e4234 
Unidentified 
+1 to All Skills 
+25% Faster Cast Rate 
-16% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
+10% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+185 Defense 

Templar's Might 
Sacred Armor 
Defense: 1809 
Durability: 56 of 60 
Required Level: 74 
Required Strength: 232 
Fingerprint: 0x9ae99a06 
Unidentified 
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only) 
+20% Faster Hit Recovery 
+201% Enhanced Defense 
+253 Defense vs. Missile 
+10 to Strength 
+14 to Vitality 
+50 Maximum Stamina

Gotta love the rolls on that Griffon's and CoA!!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High