MFO Summer 2011 Results [by jjscud]

Re: MFO Summer 2011 Results

I did my Pit running with a Nova/FO sorc and she seemed to be efficient enough, except when she tped into mana drain packs :crazyeyes: . I was considering using my posionmance, but thought "Nay, that wont kill fast enough!" Shows what I know. Congrats MercMan, and all the winners. I might just give the next MFO a go too.

zarqu said:
As far as looting goes, I'm only interested in something with Mio on it. Can you do that, frozzen?

Yes and done.

Sent to Zarqu:

Code:
[highlight]Mio's Thunderstroke[/highlight]
Matriarchal Javelin
Throw Damage: 96 to 182
One-Hand Damage: 82 to 149
Quantity: 80
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 151
Required Strength: 107
Required Level: 69
Javelin Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xe3d97bce
+176% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-511 lightning damage
15% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Lightning Bolt (Amazon Only)
+4 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
20% Chance to cast Level 14 Lightning on striking
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

I think it's pretty fitting item after all :)

Thanks :D I should have wagered your own Titan's, to be honest.

Received
Code:
Mio's Thunderstroke
Matriarchal Javelin
Throw Damage: 96 to 182
One-Hand Damage: 82 to 149
Quantity: 80
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 151
Required Strength: 107
Required Level: 69
Javelin Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xe3d97bce
+176% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-511 lightning damage
15% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Lightning Bolt (Amazon Only)
+4 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
20% Chance to cast Level 14 Lightning on striking
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Hey guys! I've been having computer trouble or I would have posted this sooner. I'm pretty sure my CoA takes the cake.
Code:
Crown of Ages 
Corona 
Defense: 349 
Durability: 39 of 50 
Required Level: 82 
Required Strength: 174 
Fingerprint: 0xa12c6b48 
Item Level: ** 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
Unidentified 
Indestructible 
+1 to All Skills 
+30% Faster Hit Recovery 
+50% Enhanced Defense 
+100 Defense 
All Resistances +21 
Damage Reduced by 10% 1 Sockets (0 used)

I was wondering...what about the usual "Meet the Olmypians" thread (or is the word Olympicians? Olympiadians?? Olololympians???). I'd be interested to see the setup and gear, esp. of the Baal runners (anyone coupled MFO with level99 as a goal??).

And I still love those Haul pics :cloud9:

I finally got back from business travel and had a chance to upload my haul pic for TC87 items. In the future, I won't ID most of the items because it took up too much space in the pic.

Once again, many thanks to jjscud for hosting such a fun event.

its been a while from mfo so don´t know if anyone still interested from these but still wanted to post my haulpic.

some statistic and information. i ran pit with poisonmancer and i made
p1runs 469 - 10h 39min - average 1:21
p3 runs ** - 2h 37min - average 1:47
p7 runs 581 - 24h 47min - average 2:33
total runs: 1138 - 38h 3min

i found 85 qualifiers. when compared to mercman´s numbers its no wonder why he won and i was fourth. my mistake was that i ran too much with p7. i didn´t have time to test pits enough before mfo couse i traded death´s web bit before it started. i just looked what kind of gears and setup nagisa had in last year´s mfo and used those. when i had brand new death´s web i just imagined i could do the same than he. stupid me. well, after midway of mfo i started to make gear experiments and realised i should focus more for speed. i switched 125fcr setup and p1, inventory full of 7mf scs instead skillers and it felt really good. mf was 469. well, atleast now i´m much more ready for next mfo :)

nice thing with playing poisonmancer is it is very effective area cleaner. when you hit corpse explosion beside boss also entire room is dead so you´ll find more qualifier. from my top5 three item has item level 85. it was especially nice with p7 settings. i found lots of good charms, facets and runes. jah, lo, 2x ohm. and after mfo i made 100 p7 runs and found another jah and ber. so this started to be my most efficient runehunter as well.

mfo also offered one of the most exciting diablo 2 moment what i have had when golden sacred armor dropped. ofcourse it was just templar´s might but still grailer for me.

lastly, huge thank for jjscud. this competition was one of my best diablo 2 moment! :) and ofcourse congrats for winners!

The inherent tension in the Pit running poisonmancer is interesting to me. He's so good at killing lots of monsters very quickly, thus giving you great incentive to raise the psetting. Which leads to more killing power being needed over MF and speed considerations, leading to slower runs. Which you obviously don't want, so you load up on more MF and lower the psetting. Which is bad because you're potentially not utilizing the poisonmancer's greatest strength. Etc etc.

It's an interesting build to me, because there are so many different considerations pulling you in different directions, and actually measuring what works and what doesn't is not trivial. It's something I've been messing around with a bit lately, it's fun imo.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High