This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on July 18, 2009.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
MFO Time (Signups and Progress)
Ok, its time for a full blown, week long, Magic Find Olympics
Start date: July 31, 2009
End date: August 9 2009
Total time - 10 days.
For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.
- Hell Mephisto
- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient
Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused
Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs
and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
- teams (see end of post *New Rules)
-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time).
I will need 4 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.
Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered
Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: jjscud
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of duplicate find)
-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.
-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by August 10th.
The list of entered participants will follow.
If you're entered, try to do your best.
And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.
Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod.
Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.
Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO.
The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:
- Hell Meph: Meph only.
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas. Except Baal's and
Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Blood Lords
and Council Members near Meph, Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests
in the Pits, etc.
Summary of rules:
-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.
-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.
-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.
-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.
1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.
I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.
1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.
The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.
Here are the score sheets
Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)
- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.
- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)
- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.
- One member may run more than one category.
- NEW: The scoring for the teams will be split in the level 85 area. Ancient Tunnels runners will be one group and all others will be the other group. Any runner that spends at least 10% of their time in AT will be in the AT category.
- Scoring will be based on your team's 4 highest scores in these 5 team categories.
- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.
Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.
- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.
- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.
- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.
- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.