MFO Summer 2009 Signups and Progress [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on July 18, 2009.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

MFO Time (Signups and Progress)

Ok, its time for a full blown, week long, Magic Find Olympics

Start date: July 31, 2009
End date: August 9 2009

Total time - 10 days.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

The Categories

- Hell Mephisto
- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient
Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused
Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs
and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves))
- teams (see end of post *New Rules)

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time).

I will need 4 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

example:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: jjscud

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of duplicate find)
Total 115.3

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by August 10th.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod.

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Meph: Meph only.
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas. Except Baal's and
Diablo's minions.

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Blood Lords
and Council Members near Meph, Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests
in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- One member may run more than one category.

- NEW: The scoring for the teams will be split in the level 85 area. Ancient Tunnels runners will be one group and all others will be the other group. Any runner that spends at least 10% of their time in AT will be in the AT category.

- Scoring will be based on your team's 4 highest scores in these 5 team categories.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

Last edited:
Re: MFO Time (Signups and Progress)

Hrus and Ugla, i'm waiting for You :yes:

If some folks are looking for an alvl85 runner in their team, I'd be willing. If not, no worries.

So, I have to have a trading profile? That kind of sucks...
Anyways I am not sure about me being able to go through MFO madness again... maybe (if RIP and Ugla will motivate me and my girlfriend will be in good mood...)

I`ll be able to run Pindle or Meph if a team wants that instead(might be preferable for a team, since I`m probably competitive when it comes to run speed in both of those categories. If no teams show their interest WSK is the place to be.

Hrus said:
So, I have to have a trading profile? That kind of sucks...

No, you really do not but you must say that you have and hope that none will chcek it :D

GG jjscud, hosting it again :) I'll be up for supervising too, little thing I can do to support this.

Oh, Hrus, you must participate ^^

I will most likely be on vacation for five days of the MFO, therefore no teams for me.

@Hrus:What kind of motivation do You need?For me is enough, that we can destroy reign of Alchemyst team in MFO once and for all!

Ohh, and maby new shiny Tyraels is waiting for You 👍

That probably require our presence whitch is not sure for 100% beacuse I do not know status of rest of our team :)
And yeah tyrael is waiting for this MFO so hrus will be there I think :)

I've been running Meph recently, might as well give me some direction. I'll be running in HC if that matters.

Ill give it a try with Baal since Im running him like a mad for now.

Thanks again jjscud, good to have something extra for some Baal running.. 👍

Woot! First MFO! Looking forward to it! Pindle for me! Come on Death's Web!!!!
I'm up for teams too!
I've chosen level 85 areas. Can I do any area any time or do I have to stick to the one? Cheers.

I only hope that there will be no exams during MFO time since the would cripple me :crazyeyes:

Good luck to all participants 👍

Baal is my goal this time.

Finally someone from alchemists is in so I am going to sign in too ofc in area85 :)

Poida said:
I've chosen level 85 areas. Can I do any area any time or do I have to stick to the one? Cheers.
jjscud said:
NEW: The scoring for the teams will be split in the level 85 area. Ancient Tunnels runners will be one group and all others will be the other group. Any runner that spends at least 10% of their time in AT will be in the AT category.

You can run any level 85 area at any time with any character you like. Just be aware of the different groups.

It'll probably be Baal again for me. Hopefully I'll be able to finish another project at the same time.

OK, I am in.

Very well, i'm in. Coincides with my two week holiday, so I might aswell pummel the pits then.

Our team's name is yet to be decided.

Perfect, i want to say - perfect 👍

Thanks Hrus and Ugla for joining my crusade, i've always believed in You 👍

Now we only need teams name and fourth member which will be running Meph category...

Hmm, as for name, what about Heroes of the passed (since we are not much active players these days :whistling:)

O.k, i'm not good with choosing names (even for my characters), so i'm waiting for Your ideas 👍

RIP said:
Thanks Hrus and Ugla for joining my crusade, i've always believed in You 👍

Now we only need teams name and fourth member which will be running Meph category...

I will speak with skiffcz to complete your team so alchemists will have free way to beat you :p :D

RIP said:

That should be five members.

For team scoring there are two alvl 85 categories.

You can get 4 scores with only 4 members but a 5th can only help. Or you can stack your odds in one of the categories.

On a side note, if you are willing to accept non-Czechs, I would be interested in filling that alvl85/other spot.

We'll see how this goes. I might build a hammerdin since my sorc is not so good at running Baal over and over.

@bassano:You are underestimating old mans power, Your team will be crushed once and for all (and thats something worthy of remembering, with Your previous results) :crazyeyes:

@jjscud:Thanks for clarification, i have to read the rules much better next time

Anyway, AFAIK there is no Czech only rule in our team...I can speak just for myself, but i will be honored to be with You at the same team...Now i have to wait for Hrus's and Ugla's opinion, though...But i doubt, that they will be against it...

Thanks for offer 👍

Just leave me at the bottom of the Baal category, I like it there. I'm a lazy runner but that might give a bit of momentum.

Good luck all.

You betcha.

RIP said:
Anyway, AFAIK there is no Czech only rule in our team...I can speak just for myself, but i will be honored to be with You at the same team...Now i have to wait for Hrus's and Ugla's opinion, though...But i doubt, that they will be against it...

I have nothing against jjscud joining us, on the contrary...

I might be a little rude now, but I suggest that the five who are already on the "available-for-team-list" form a party. I would be honoured to run with all of them, although I`m ashamed to say that we all know who the weak link will be; moi!

Edit@Rummski: You are alone in your category, you better win it:)

I'm okay with that Thomh. Not that I'll have a chance myself :)

My fire sorc needs a couple more levels. The packs in the mausoleum seem a bit variable, so I'll run Pindle. I'm available for teams if needed.

Rummski and Thomh I'll join you guys, we just need two others and we can be:
The Five Mysterious Strangers!
I'll put us on a team right now and let the others join.

RIP said:
@bassano:You are underestimating old mans power, Your team will be crushed once and for all (and thats something worthy of remembering, with Your previous results) :crazyeyes:

@jjscud:Thanks for clarification, i have to read the rules much better next time

Thanks for offer 👍

You know, I am soooo tempted to get my new Blizzy to Hell Mephisto and join as a 5th member (well, assuming jjscud is 4th...), but since I only have about 1 hour per day, I rather not make that offer :crazyeyes: Anyways, good luck! 👍

Completing the TREE team, although maareek (or maxicek, if he switches to Tunnels) is free to join us and turn us (EX)TREME.

Please don't kick me out for those lame acronyms. :crazyeyes:

EDIT: elmer's idea of Five Mysterious Strangers sounds cool, too. :)

EDIT 2: I indicated which spots are available for each team. Hope y'all don't mind. Teams are free to rearrange themselves to allow contestants in other categories too, of course.

I'd be down with joining you guys and forming a "new faces" team. I like the idea of lesser-known runners coming out of nowhere to win the whole thing (though, honestly, my only real motivation is to get a higher score than bassano :rolleyes:). Honestly, I don't like team names, so I don't care what name you guys chose. ;p Went ahead and added myself, but if you find somebody you'd rather have feel free to bump me out.

I'd like to volunteer for filling the team place "other 85" for Hrus + RIP + Ugla . I guess I should be an old-enough-timer? And I would also like to see Bassano bite the dust.

Nice to have a team:) I absolutely don`t have a good suggestion for a team name, so Elmer`s suggestion is fine with me. Hm, should probably level a char or two to have as backup for the inevitable deeds....That should give me something to do while we all wait.

Wow, i'm really honored, such great members are willing to use their knowledge and strenght against tyranny of Alchemyst team...I've never ever dreamed about jjscud, Grisu and Jae asking us for joining this great quest, thanks alot for it, guys , i really appreciate it 👍

Unfortunatelly, there is only one free place in alvl85 category and because jj asked for it first, my opinion is, he has right to claim it, if he is still interested...Sorry Jae, i really, really regret the fact, that there is no (other)(other) category in alvl 85, otherwise You will be certainly part of our team...(well assuming, You have probably no interest to run Meph this time, right?))...

Thank You all again and GL 👍

Sorry Jae, I should have updated the listing sooner to avoid confusion.

Hopefully I can break my bad team luck, I've helped lead all my previous teams to last place finishes.

Nice that you guys want to beat our team, but I'm afraid this round The Alchemists won't be competing. Seems only me and bassano can play this MFO, rest of the team is somehow out of the time.................or maybe bassano has some secret plan (like to run all categories except Baal and to win them all?) :).

sequana said:
.................or maybe bassano has some secret plan (like to run all categories except Baal and to win them all?) :).

lol :D Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised by that :p

Am I wrong or is Mephisto getting more unpopular by the day? Is this an indicator of ingreasing wealth on the SPF? :scratchchin:

btw, where's Callador? Just because you made level 99 doesn't mean you get out of this so easily!

[/unmotivated rant] 😉

sequana: I did not know how is going with krovak

grisu: do not only speak and come to alchemists with us defend team title :)

jjscud: can I play two categories as tunnels+non tunnels area85? If I will have separate top5 from both areas? for having two scores in table and even for team competition. Thanks for answer

Well I could help you out with that Bass if you want to. I will be running the pits

DX-Crawler said:
Well I could help you out with that Bass if you want to. I will be running the pits

yeah, i will speak with sequana and I will write you

Sorry Bass, one person can't do both lvl 85 parts.

Grisu said:
btw, where's Callador? Just because you made level 99 doesn't mean you get out of this so easily!

Heh, I'm a lurker mostly nowadays :whistling:
The MFO would definetely motivate to play some D2 but RL would interfere too much - summerjob, GF, friends wedding, bla bla blaa... so I'll have to pass. BTW if I had participated I would have chosen AT as my target.

Good luck to everyone participating. I'm looking forward for seeing those haul pics 👍

You ought to at least try to make a small comeback when 1.13 comes out. Bet there is gonna be a small wave of semi-retired old timers giving it a go. :p

Callador said:
Heh, I'm a lurker mostly nowadays :whistling:
The MFO would definetely motivate to play some D2 but RL would interfere too much - summerjob, GF, friends wedding, bla bla blaa... so I'll have to pass. BTW if I had participated I would have chosen AT as my target.

Good luck to everyone participating. I'm looking forward for seeing those haul pics 👍

OK, so now you are in my position. I allways felt that the MFO shouldn't run during hollidays, because with a job (and GF), I am in real disadvantage against those students with all the free time on their hands. So try it for yourself what it is like when you go to work, than to training, returning home at 20:00 and try to play another 5 hours. And repeat it through the whole week.

Get back after you're married Callador!

Hrus: Students have neither jobs nor girlfriends in the cz republic? ^^

Let's do it.

aman, your or Ray should probably be in the Other 85 category. I know only the top 4 scores count toward the team score, but this way all five of you have a chance to win a category.

Of course, this is you guys we're talking about, so you're all probably going to win your categories anyway. :rolleyes:

Considering the competition, I think I'll come in 8th for Baal ... if someone forgets to run or something. :rolleyes:
Oh thank goodness someone else is running Mephisto. Rummski was looking so lonely I almost joined, even though I have very limited time during this MFO and therefore wouldn't have been able to put forth much of an effort.

essojay said:
aman, your or Ray should probably be in the Other 85 category. I know only the top 4 scores count toward the team score, but this way all five of you have a chance to win a category.

Do not try to find logic in their decision beacuse there is not any logic

essojay said:
Of course, this is you guys we're talking about, so you're all probably going to win your categories anyway. :rolleyes:

Yeah they really will win their categories beacuse they are thinking that less negative points for that green and gold things from scorelist is better :whistling:

@Aman : I am really interested what you said to denton that he joined your creepy team :D

@DX : welcome to our team, stay and enjoy :)

Yay, now I get to finish 3rd :) At least I will triple my HC wealth. I'll also have periods where I'll really be able to run as my wife is taking our daughter on a trip the 7th - 9th and I'll have the weekend to myself. Hopefully I won't embarass myself :)

One question, does it end at 12AM on 8/9 or at 11:59PM? No worries either way just want to make sure before I schedule of the days.

I'll take it, till I get killed or you find someone better.

Thanks skiff 👍

Now we are complete...Time for my vengeance has come

Phew, thanks jjscud!

I've checked the forums last time almost 3 weeks ago and now I noticed that there's MFO! What a nice opportunity to return the world of D2.

But why I'm thanking jjscud? For the timing of this MFO. Luckily, I'm leaving the country 30th of July and coming back 10th of August. So no MFO for me and no returning :)

But good luck for all of you crazy people who are participating. Hopefully all your drops are Golden or *insert high rune color*!

Game on. :). If I can beat just one of four (?) Infinity users, I'll be happy.

Nagas my MF will be lucky to hit 100%. I'm a lazy runner. If you can't beat me I can only presume you didn't actually DO any running. :p

Damn, I thought we were starting today as per the original thread. But seeing as I was one of the people who complained about the PvP week clash, I should pay more attention really :)

I actually have less time then, so I'm withdrawing from team availability, but will still run anyway.

maxicek said:
Damn, I thought we were starting today as per the original thread. But seeing as I was one of the people who complained about the PvP week clash, I should pay more attention really :)

I actually have less time then, so I'm withdrawing from team availability, but will still run anyway.

It is shame, beacuse today evening I wanted to ask you for partecipate in our team to defend title from last MFO :)

bassano said:
It is shame, beacuse today evening I wanted to ask you for partecipate in our team to defend title from last MFO :)

And what about jingi?Its chance for him to became real member of Your team, not just ghost hiding behind...:crazyeyes:

Looks like there won't be a Team Kittens! this MFO so I'm putting myself down as available for teams.

btw. we need some pindle or meph runner so gogo to sign in and give your offer to me to partecipate in team whitch is defending title from last MFO

Who want to play in our team? It is unique and probably last occasion for you be in our team. :)
You will have best condition in our team. Sauna, hand massage and swimming pool every day. 5 times eating break/day and even 4 hours of sleep. :D
You also probably will find some nice items during playing. And you will be membre of victory team so I do not see reason why not to play for us.

So I want to see at least 10 offers from you to play in our team and then me with sequana will choose the potencially best one from you to be with us. So good luck to all :D

I think I can do this one, but I'm hoping we can get team kittens in again :). I'll have to decide on my area later but I'd say I'll run a different a85 area to Jaedhann, so either way we'd need one extra for Team Kittens (besides darko :p).

Joosh

If it is somehow possible that we would get team kittens! together, I will run Mephy. So area 85 levels would be yours Joosh.

Just signed up our team, whitch will go for victory through all week :)

When is the end of signups?

I'm considering to join also to Meph category, as our team is missing this post, but I'm not sure if I can manage that and if it is good idea to run 2 categories, because then in none I can do my best...

EDIT: @LD50: I saw that video before and it was available. But now when I tried that it isn't as well :\.

sequana said:

I'm considering to join also to Meph category, as our team is missing this post, but I'm not sure if I can manage that and if it is good idea to run 2 categories, because then in none I can do my best...

As I already offered somewhat before in this thread - even if was to Team Beat Alchemyst - I could run Mephisto in case you find no one else, but I'm limited to around 10 hours total - which means, it's definitely not my best but the best I can do right now with my exams coming up. But at least it's 10 hours you could spend on something else :)
So, if you wnat and nobody else is stepping up ...

sequana said:

I can join meph If will be necesary too. :)

Grisu said:
As I already offered somewhat before in this thread - even if was to Team Beat Alchemyst - I could run Mephisto in case you find no one else, but I'm limited to around 10 hours total - which means, it's definitely not my best but the best I can do right now with my exams coming up. But at least it's 10 hours you could spend on something else :)

10 hours is more then needed. It is enough to drop 5 qualifier to be in list there. So about 20 runs or so :D
I'm op for a bit of pindle killing

Zaliqai said:
Looks like there won't be a Team Kittens! this MFO
It's good to be wrong sometimes :). Hopefully Darkoooo will be joining us as well...

Really looking forward to some Pindle pounding.

Removed myself from the list as I taught it started July 27.
I wont have time to do so many run.

Will be running Meph for a long, long time so might as well throw myself in here to see how I fare :)

Grisu said:

That would be absolutely great Grisu, please join us :).

I doubt I would run Meph noticeably more than 10 hours, and Baal category is quite time demanding itself (mainly if one doesn't have Infinity and wants to run with trapper), so your help would be wondeful.

@Jae: gg, the more teams, the better :).

Thanks to Sequana, Zaliqai and nepeta for volunteering to be category supervisors. I'm still in need of one more if anyone can help. In fact, I need someone who is not in the baal category themselves.
sequana said:
That would be absolutely great Grisu, please join us :).

I doubt I would run Meph noticeably more than 10 hours, and Baal category is quite time demanding itself (mainly if one doesn't have Infinity and wants to run with trapper), so your help would be wondeful.

Thanks for the offer - I very much like to be on your team :) I already added myself to the Mephisto category but not yet to your team, because if someone else with more time at hands is willing to take that place, I think you should better pick them ;-)
If no one else registers till thursday, I'll happily add myself to your team, though :)

jjscud said:
Thanks to Sequana, Zaliqai and nepeta for volunteering to be category supervisors. I'm still in need of one more if anyone can help. In fact, I need someone who is not in the baal category themselves.
Sorry, I have to pass this time...I won't be around too often the next few weeks. Thanks to sequana, Zaliqai and nepeta so far! 👍

Added myself to Meph. Not sure how many time would I have, I think I am in the same role as Grisu - I could offer some team to be their Meph runner for 10+ hours, so don't await several Stormlashes from me.

@jjscud: I could be a supervisor too, if there is still some need.

gg Jingizu! gg Alchemists!!!! and there goes the disertation work... ;)

Hrus said:
gg Jingizu! gg Alchemists!!!! and there goes the disertation work... ;)

...and the passing of the final exams... :rolleyes:

So, after all, except for Krovak and Kecin there's every Czech D2 player in this MFO, although almost every one said that he won't have time? You're addicts, all of you, you may as well own up :p

Well, in this case: do you want to reclaim your spot on a Czech team after last year's hiatus, Jingizu? I don't mind at all, since you probably do way better than me and my 10 hours...

Grisu said:
You're addicts, all of you

Oh, yeaaaaaah :afro:

I will pm you and we could discuss about it 😉

Jingizu said:
@jjscud: I could be a supervisor too, if there is still some need.

Thanks, that would be great.

So I have as supervisors:

Baal - Jingizu
alvl 85 - Zaliqai
Pindle - sequana
Meph - nepeta

If you guys could post how you want to be contacted (PM or an email address) by Friday. Also let me know if there are any questions.

Ok, here's the newest move from your favourtite opportunist (I was looking for such a cool word as there's in German, "Konjunkturritter", but I found none...something like "a knight questing for economic situations" :rolleyes:)

I decided to reject all offers I got so far, including all bribes and a certain deal about a first-born, and instead want to go with the winning team, Team Kittens! Yes, that's right! Team Kittens! is still missing a Mephy runner, and even if I don't have much time at hands, I can compensate that easily by having loads of old screenshots with goodies from good ol' Mephy :crazyeyes: 😉

... which, of course, I have now revealed to be old and not from this MFO, so I guess you do have to rely on the finds I get during the 10ish hours I can spare. But! Better than nothing, right? Besides, we will be the best-looking team, so ... do I qualify?

For those who are interested in what really happened (hence the opportunist phrase and all): Jingizu and I decided that he'll be running for Team Alchemists for good old time's sake and I'll be asking Team Kittens. I don't have much time, but I think I can squeeze in 1000 runs or so (not that this compares to Drixx's 10k+ runs he used to do during MFOs...).

Had a lot of fun in the Baalthon, managed to pick up quite a few finds that put a grin on my face, so why not give this a shot? Might get lucky and get some great stuff.

Adding myself to the Baal category. Rolled on a table to decide for me and it looks like the last of the Prime Evils is going to get a hurtin' ... A "few" times.
Should be able to do a good number of runs, have a good blizz sorc who'll probably do most of the killing, at least until I get bored of her and switch to someone else.

Up to joining a team if anyone's desperate enough who still needs a Baal runner. Otherwise I'll have to rely on the many Griffon's and Death's Webs I plan on finding this time 'round to comfort me in my loneliness.

(also: putting Thyiad back to the very bottom of the Baal runners list, since that's where she wanted to be :whistling:)

Kassul said:
(also: putting Thyiad back to the very bottom of the Baal runners list, since that's where she wanted to be :whistling:)

Fixed that for you *hides* 😉

come on people, what about the usual trash-talk and all? Slackers ... :whistling:

@Pindle runners: You can send PM or email according to your wish, I don't mind anyway and I will check both.

my email:

kovarova (at) vscht (dot) cz

Suggestion for other supervisors: Maybe we could post updates at same days, for example 3rd, 5th and 8th day (or some other days)? So it would be clear when to send updates.

Jingizu: you are not available anymore for teams :D

Grisu said:
come on people, what about the usual trash-talk and all? Slackers ... :whistling:

We let you have mouthful of boast as the only one, so your fail compared to my five lashes will be even more abysmal :whistling:

We need some team name :).

What about "NeoAlchemists"? :rolleyes:..............well of course mainly if DX and max would like that.

Or we can simply use some random number, e. g. "Team number 1", or some random color, e. g. "Golden Team" etc :D.

@bassano: You skipped Kassul's post - fixed the table.

@skiffcz: you know, with my grail being at -1, I can live with that 👅
not to mention that in case of a draw my 6th Stormlash is going to make the difference...

grisu: ah sorry Did not know that , thanks for repair

sequana: neoalchemists sounds good :D

@alvl 85 runners: Please send your updates to zaliqai2(at)chello(dot)nl or PM them to me.

I plan to post updates as per jjscud's suggestion at the end of days 2, 4, 6 and 8 so try to get your updates to me before then. I would also appreciate it if you put your forum name and which area you are running (tunnels or other) in the subject of your email/PM. Thanks!

@jjscud: Do you want me to send you full updates with items found and scores or just the standings? I'm asking because you're in the alvl 85 category yourself and may not want to know what the competition has found?

@Konjunkturritter: Sorry, you talk too much and run too little 👅 (you asked for a bit of trash talk). Seriously though, we may already have 5 team members. If not though I'm pretty sure we would all be honored to have you on the team (so much for the trash talk :)).

Welcome to the team Paradigmshift! 👍

Zaliqai said:
@jjscud: Do you want me to send you full updates with items found and scores or just the standings? I'm asking because you're in the alvl 85 category yourself and may not want to know what the competition has found?

I don't want any updates sent to me, they only need to be posted here, and then just the order, no scores or anything else.

sequana said:
Suggestion for other supervisors: Maybe we could post updates at same days, for example 3rd, 5th and 8th day (or some other days)? So it would be clear when to send updates.

I'm ok with planned updates, but could we make it 4 updates (2nd, 4th ,6th and 8th). That means runners that want up to date placement should send updates after your 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th days.

This will be my first tournament, it sounds like fun and maybe I'll find myself something along the way :) hopefully the girlfriend will let me get some decent runs in :)

Quick question, I currently run the pit with my PURE LIGHT sorceress but I can't really up the players setting past 2 as my Merc simply kills LI too slowly, are there any lv.85 areas without LI mobs in them? cheers.

I'll add myself to the list as well, my first MFO!

Sectiplave said:
Quick question, I currently run the pit with my PURE LIGHT sorceress but I can't really up the players setting past 2 as my Merc simply kills LI too slowly, are there any lv.85 areas without LI mobs in them? cheers.

There are no significant lvl85 areas without LIs. Also, only odd players settings matter as far as item drops. Since, uniques drop items the best and their drop odds don't change with psettings, p1 is still quite usefull.

I'll join the fun too. I need to stock up on some arachnid meshes. I have having to transfer belts between characters.

@jjscud: I have no problem doing an update every other day. And I'll post only the order here and will send you only the final results after the MFO has ended.

Putting myself into the Pindle + category (specifically Pindle!) for Team Kittens. I sooooo can't wait for this! All your Pindle is mine!

Ok, looks like Darkooo won't have time for the MFO unfortunately and I was offered a spot at Team Kittens!, which I of course accepted gratefully. But enough talk for now - I'm going to find me the perfect Map and then I'm off getting the feeling back for Mephy runs...

I can't find trade profiles for:
LD50; Ugla; Poida; Serdash; Joosh.

EDIT:
LOL at bassano. Does Seedy even know he's IN the MFO? Someone really should mention that to him.

It's possible I'm over looking them. I could have sworn I've seen Ugla's and LD50s a long time ago. The last purge of non-loggers was a while ago and I allow a four month gap before deletion.

EDIT:
Ugla; Serdash; Joosh.

Thyiad said:

That should be some misunderstand. Big boss of traders serdash have no profile? That´s weird :D

Ugla is on some cycling trip, he should return tomorrow (or tonight), I will remind him about the missing profile.
Though he made some giveaway in the past, so it's possible he already had a profile.

EDIT: found his old trade profile, but I am sure it's not actual (he actually should be Full Trade Status according to new trading rules and he almost certainly plays 1.12 now).

Well found Hrus. 👍

But the rules do state that all profiles have to be in the current thread. That one is two years old. :)

Thanks for letting him know.

Thyiad said:

Wow, thanks Thy, I was just getting ready for a long dig through the trade profiles to check this.

I've PM'ed these guys but additional encouragement is good too. I've also talked to a few team members already and told them that they had to have profiles before the end of the MFO, as thats' when the item switching happens.

So guys, I'll give you until the 7th of August, but then I'll have to DQ anyone without a trade profile.

sequana said:
What about "NeoAlchemists"? :rolleyes:..............well of course mainly if DX and max would like that.

NeoAlchemists works for me.

Some final test runs and gear twinks tonight. Pindle is going down in flames!
Good luck everyone.

Ah sorry I had a traders profile a while ago but it was over 4 months ago...so I'll make a new one:thumbsup:. Cheers for the heads up mate.
[highlight]Profile corrected. Thanks. Thyiad[/highlight]

First MFO for years, mainly entering as I could do with some new trade fodder, not expecting to get near the top 5. Should manage a few days of reasonable running though. Going to have my old blizz sorc out, been years since I even looked at it. Knowing my luck though I'll find the Fathom I'm after on the first day then have to run about 14 hours a day to keep it.

I have a small question; are we allowed to share finds within the team?

Edit: Really awkward sentence, that one. What I meant to ask was: Are we allowed to talk to our team members about our finds during the MFO week?

colony : what a decision 👍
It is nice to see you again in MFO ground after your good results several years ago
good luck

I've never done an MFO before, and I'm relatively new to the SP world, but it sounds like fun and a good excuse to build up my SP stashes. I would only drag a team down though, so I'll stick to solo play.

Just updating to put myself in the A85 Category list, me and Jaedhann will have to sort out whose running what yet, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Also reporting that I have updated my trade profile here.

Best of luck to all who participate this time around!

Should be interesting to play with our new team Kittens, welcome to ParadigmShift and Grisu, Glad to have you guys on board 😁.

Joosh 👍

Hey does anyone have a link to JJs and K-T's run counter that works, the link in the help thread does not work anymore. Or could someone tell me if Silo's advanced counter would work, I went to his link but it looked like a GoMule application and I use atma. I would very much so like to count my runs for the MFO which is almost upon us, thanks in advance!

The link to JJs and KTs thread works fine for me. The only broken thing I could find - and fixed - was to my own website and the Charsi planner. (I've been updating my site.)

And Silo's Run counter is on that page linked to. It has all of his applications, just look for run counter and click on it.

So I try the link again and what do you know, it works, weird! :)

@essojay, Thomh, Rumsski and elmer: Sorry, guys, but I'm not sure how much time I'm actually going to have to commit to the MFO, so if someone else steps up you should probably swap them out for me. I'm still expecting to get in some run time (though I have no clue how much, maybe 5 hours, maybe 40) but I have no idea how much. Sorry, again, especially for the lateness of this statement.

No worries, it's just for fun anyway. :D

It's up to you if you want to stay on the team. ;)

For fun Esso?? no way, this is dead serious:smug:

Updating myself to Mephy, should help me build some item wealth, only annoying thing is my merc is dying every 2-3 runs, having to pickup everything just to stop from being broke.

Anyone with spare shaftstop or leviathan spare check out my trade thread PLEASE :)

I like this Meph category getting crowded. More spoils for me to take :badteeth:

@mareek: Nothing to worry about. As Essojay said, it`s just for fun:)

I didn't realise the trade profile was removed, sorry about that. Here is the new one.

Just got my sorc to lvl 92 yesterday, it's nice to see what kind of progress, if any, I'm able to make with the MFO :)
Only 10 hours to go... Good luck all 👍

Well, for those down under the MFO has already started, right? I think I'll be doing some midnight runs for good measure in a few hours :)

Oh, and bassano: please uninstall your drop mod this time. Thank you. 😉

Maareek, don't worry about a thing. I'm in the same boat as you, I won't even have a chance to run for more than an hour at a time until next week. I'm just hoping to build my HC wealth enough to get a couple guardians before the end of the year.

Just a little heads up, I'm going to close the signups in about 5 hours.

Grisu said:
Well, for those down under the MFO has already started, right? I think I'll be doing some midnight runs for good measure in a few hours :)

I will try, but this time area runners have more luck to I do not have so many time and my laptop is not ready yet, so I will be only between 2-3k of AT runs :(
But tyrael can do it :D

and to all I wish good luck with runs and I hope some epic drops in MFO :)

Grisu said:

Too right mate, I've already knocked off the preliminary first 10 Meph runs :)

It does mean we have to stop sooner, but I'm sure we will be glad to stop after 10 days worth.

Sectiplave said:
Too right mate, I've already knocked off the preliminary first 10 Meph runs :)

I have the first Baal runs under my belt as well, with a nice non-qualifier to show for it:
Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x80e67f8c
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Good luck all! 👍

Quick question, this is my first MFO, are we keeping all drops we get from the area's/boss for other players to choose from in a separate stash, or just the scoring eligible drops in a separate stash for people to choose?

Cheers.

Ok, we off, well, most of us (you). The last post by Joosh (post #142) is the final list.

Here are the supervisors and where you can send updates:

Baal - Jingizu
alvl 85 - Zaliqai
Pindle - sequana
Meph - nepeta

and post any questions here or PM them to me.

Two last notes:

1. if you are not 1.12 SC FAM please make sure your status is posted on the signup list.

2. If your alvl 85 subcategory changes (it can) because of too many/too few AT runs, please update that status in this thread.

Sectiplave said:
Quick question, this is my first MFO, are we keeping all drops we get from the area's/boss for other players to choose from in a separate stash, or just the scoring eligible drops in a separate stash for people to choose?

Cheers.

Most people keep an MFO stash throughout the MFO but only your top 5 scoring items are at risk.

Joosh said:
Updated list, I'm running tunnels and Jaedhann will take Pits I suppose

Remember, I'm going off the general forum opinion that AT runs are the most efficient. If more that 10% of your runs are in the AT, you're in the AT grouping. That still allows for a lot of running in other areas if that is what you want.

My girlfriend amused me today, when after I rold her about MFO system and scoring, she said to me: "So after you will find 5 tyraels, you can stop playing, because nobody will have better score?"
...Exactly what I plan to do this MFO :evil:

Anyways, did first 40 runs, I have a new map so they were rather slow... 60 secs per run so far.
Updating mine and Ugla's status to vanilla.

Hrus said:
"So after you will find 5 tyraels, you can stop playing, because nobody will have better score?"

She has the numbers wrong. Bassano with 6 can still beat you. Also, his AT can drop Constricting Rings legally. But I sent hex on him this evening!

And done first few decaruns. Quite nice drops so far :)

skiffcz said:
Also, his AT can drop Constricting Rings legally.)

lol - I completely forgot about that one! Maybe finally in 1.13??? :whistling:

btw, here's one of my non-qualifiers:

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x1bfae27d
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Properties: 
+17 - 45 Fire Damage
100% Chance to cast level 31 Meteor when you Die
5% to Fire Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Fire Resistance

and I finally found that perfect Milabrega's Diadem! Yay :jig:

skiffcz said:
Also, his AT can drop Constricting Rings legally.)

But if Hrus gets 6 Tyrael's Bassano can get 7! And who's to say he wont get 8?!

Sorry Hrus, I think your girlfriend is wrong. You need to get an infinite + 1 number of Tyrael's before you can safely rest :whistling:

Did a bunch of Baal runs. I hate that demon so very much. Started off alright getting a few things I'll probably make some use of, but nothing worth oodles of points. Then hit a dry spell. After 8 sequential runs with no sets or uniques from Baal himself I'm calling it a night. Had planned to keep going later, but meh, I still have lots and lots of time to run him and he's no fun when he's not dropping anything at all.

I have no gear yet on my blizzy :D
I will start play tomorrow night I think :)

Dear Meph runners,

I will be starting my runs tommorow, that means, that you have one more day to enjoy your runs and actually find something usefull and valuable (read good qualifiers). From tommorow, I am taking over Meph luck. Of course, continue your runs, it's MFO, but don't expect to get something new to your TOP 5.

Yours
Jingizu

:girly:

Have done some 30i-sh pit runs with my CL\FO sorc so far, and will run with her today. She is not safe at all, so I`ll definately switch to the barbarian tomorrow. Not too much too report in terms of finds yet:(

Updating my status to HC.

Jingizu said:
From tommorow, I am taking over Meph luck.

We are ok with that. We can get all the goodies in one day anyways. Lets throw a little teaser in the air. Like 666 max damage :smug:

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 56 to 666
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 79
Required Strength: 104
Required Level: 75
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x265420cb
+216% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 1 seconds
13% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

You sure you dont want to start right now? The mephy is getting poorer each minute :p

Meph runners: Fill out your resignation forms found at the entrance to durance of hate level 3. I'm about to begin.

nubikoen said: Meph runners: Fill out your resignation forms found at the entrance to durance of hate level 3. I'm about to begin.[/quote said:
You mean the entrance to which I already nailed the note "Closed because of serious Mephisto beating in under 30 sec per run despite picking up every rare"?

Grisu said:
You mean the entrance to which I already nailed the note "Closed because of serious Mephisto beating in under 30 sec per run despite picking up every rare"?
Are your drops so lousy you have to resort to picking up rares?
:alright:

Yes yes crowd and quarrel out in front as Meph and myself talk business in the back.

smokeeblade said:
Yes yes crowd and quarrel out in front as Meph and myself talk business in the back.
Hey we're trashtalking here, no sneaking behind our backs.
Your penalty: 10 (storm)lashes.

nubikoen said:
Are your drops so lousy you have to resort to picking up rares?
:alright:

No, but I already have more Elite uniques than you could ever dream of, so the only thing left to do for me is look for even leeter rares :coffee:

smokeeblade said:

Oh, now I know who's getting beaten up there behind our backs - should I send in my merc to get you out of trouble?

It's the first time I'm running in the Baal category, and it turns out I have a question about the scoring. Are all drops scored with the Baal scoresheet, or are the drops from the minions scored by the lvl85 areas scoresheet? I'm assuming it's the former, but since there's a huge difference in the scores, I wanted to make sure.

Not that I have found anything of any real value yet though... It's a bit annoying that I found 5 top end items in ~50 runs before the MFO and now I get only Windhammers. :coffee:

edit: Oh, and to above, very enjoyable thrash talking 👍

LD50 said:
It's the first time I'm running in the Baal category, and it turns out I have a question about the scoring. Are all drops scored with the Baal scoresheet, or are the drops from the minions scored by the lvl85 areas scoresheet? I'm assuming it's the former, but since there's a huge difference in the scores, I wanted to make sure.

Not that I have found anything of any real value yet though... It's a bit annoying that I found 5 top end items in ~50 runs before the MFO and now I get only Windhammers. :coffee:

edit: Oh, and to above, very enjoyable thrash talking 👍

They are all scored based on the Baal score sheet.

Concerning the drops: I know what you're talking about...if I see another Green Ogre Maul, I quit.

Grisu said:
Concerning the drops: I know what you're talking about...if I see another Green Ogre Maul, I quit.

then i should quit 3 times until now :badteeth:
it feels preety good here at MFO :)
atleast my runs have some point this time and something is pushing me to do more of them :)

I <3 MFO

now how to beat those damned dimensional shards out of monsters...:whistling:

Grisu said:
Oh, now I know who's getting beaten up there behind our backs - should I send in my merc to get you out of trouble?

Come to think of it he would be helpful in getting those 10 Stormlashes to nubikoen. Why here's one right now !

I completely agree with you frozzzen, the MFO was just the pick-me-up I needed to get me excited about doings runs rather than it having feel like a chore. Of course I'm also in the game to protect my aforementioned Stormlashes, of which I am in no deficiency of apparently.

skiffcz said:
We are ok with that. We can get all the goodies in one day anyways.

Not bad...

...for a MF beginner :whistling:

Don't forget about my unique mf style. I am a person who finds Spirit Keeper and is able to push it out from top 5...

Updating my status to HC.

I stayed up late to get started. The leveling I did to boost her has really helped. Looking forward to finishing last :)

frozzzen said:
now how to beat those damned dimensional shards out of monsters...:whistling:

I am looking only for sacred armors , archon staves and uneatrhed wands :D

bassano said:

I'll take the caddies then.

Status so far

#runs: 165
#hours: 7, including coffe breaks and toilet visites
#qualifiers: 1
"MF: approx. 380
I would love to see a green ogre maul now. If you excuse me, I`m going for a walk to see if I can find a stray dog or baby to kick.

bassano said:

...and I hope you find lots of them...in blue, yellow, gray and white :p

Jaedhann said:
I'll take the caddies then.

Asterons won me last MFO and DW first one so now should be tyrael or mangs :D

grisu: yeah, I will have many of them :)

bassano said:

so i guess you would not pick dimensional shards :whistling:
you won last two MFO? nice :)
how many runs are you planing?

i think 500/day should net me atleast some preety finds but i want to hear advice of a veteran :D

bassano said:
colony : what a decision 👍
It is nice to see you again in MFO ground after your good results several years ago
good luck
Well I expect my chances of getting in the top 3 are slim, as I can't see myself doing more than 6 hours of runs a day, but you never know. Actually, I'm so out of practice that I was averaging about 60-70 seconds a run last night for the two hours I did. I'll try to not get bored after a day and finish last this time too, unlike the last MFO I entered.

OK, I made few test runs. Quite good drop I got:

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x4cbcb415
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

👍

frozzzen said:
so i guess you would not pick dimensional shards :whistling:
you won last two MFO? nice :)
how many runs are you planing?

i think 500/day should net me atleast some preety finds but i want to hear advice of a veteran :D

OFC I am picking deaths fantom and all TC87 for having better collection in ATMA :)
I am not veteran I am only student whitch have more time then veterans :D
Veterans are different players in table :)
LAst year I did max 800 runs / day but this year I am thinking about max 500/day and probably less :)
But If you will do 3k AT run (so even less then 500/day) you will have ATMA full of nice TC87´s so gogo to do it :)
but it is not easy do every day 500 runs

colony said:
Well I expect my chances of getting in the top 3 are slim, as I can't see myself doing more than 6 hours of runs a day, but you never know. Actually, I'm so out of practice that I was averaging about 60-70 seconds a run last night for the two hours I did. I'll try to not get bored after a day and finish last this time too, unlike the last MFO I entered.

60-70 seconds is quite enough good time. Depend of number of runs from other players your chances beacuse this MFO I will not have so huge time possibility as last years. But I am most interested with confrontation between AT and other areas :)
You must take more items from ground to keep not bored beacuse when I picked up only few items it was crap :)

Finally started. Spent some time mucking with the Excel sheets. When Mungo returns he has one printed out, in alphabetical order and with boxes and a place for him to write how many he picked up. I've kept mine on the computer so I've coloured the boxes in.

Yes, I know, but I like presentational design stuff and I'm not going to be running much each day anyway. :p

Did a few runs. I tend to stop off on the way if I see some boss packs. Or champions; pretty colours. Or flayers. I like making the little devils explode. Anyway, I picked up this:

Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian
Mythical Sword
One Hand Damage: 120 - 150
Durability: 38 of 44
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 147
Required Dexterity: 124
Fingerprint: 0x4f6a33e6
+20% Increased Attack Speed
200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+20 to Strength
Fire Resist +50%

I bet when the MFO ends that would have been my best score if it counted.

EDIT:
Finally found a qualifier, yay. :D

bassano said:
60-70 seconds is quite enough good time. Depend of number of runs from other players your chances beacuse this MFO I will not have so huge time possibility as last years. But I am most interested with confrontation between AT and other areas :)
You must take more items from ground to keep not bored beacuse when I picked up only few items it was crap :)
Well now I've memorised the spawn points of the boss packs I'm averaging about 50 seconds. I've got a habit of getting burnt out on running after a few days, I used to end up doing about 10 hours a day for the first couple of days, then quickly reducing that to 2 or 3 a day by the end. Going to try and be a bit more consistant this time.

colony said:
Well now I've memorised the spawn points of the boss packs I'm averaging about 50 seconds. I've got a habit of getting burnt out on running after a few days, I used to end up doing about 10 hours a day for the first couple of days, then quickly reducing that to 2 or 3 a day by the end. Going to try and be a bit more consistant this time.

My problem is that my first and this MFO I must play all the night ( from 8 PM to 4 AM usually ) beacuse at home is not free comp all day. And when I was just after 2 morning I was physically and even psychically weak so I died many times beacuse I was too tired with that blizzy so I am not 97 yet evne after 15k AT :D
And listen music during running hlep a lot :)

Quick question:

Code:
Item Level: 85
Could this item have fallen from Baal's minions? I don't remember if it was from a minion or a random monster in the Throne. I'll probably not count it either way, but I wanted to make sure.

I've had pretty good luck so far, but I know I need to be luckier if I want any chance at top 3.

I'm fairly sure the skeletons in wave 2 are level 85. Think I recall seeing more than a couple high level items (at least 2 DWebs...) posted as dropping from them with ilvl85. Normal monsters in the throne are also mlvl 85, though, yeah.

Still no progress from me, but the niece and nephew are going home so I should be able to make a few hours a day for a little while, at least.

It's not from the minions, they're all lvl **.

I'm really enjoying running right now, which is cool :smug: Earlier today I felt like I'd never get 100 runs done...

edit:

maareek said:
I'm fairly sure the skeletons in wave 2 are level 85.
Really? Oh well, at least all the "normal" minions are lvl **...

Yeah, the thing is they'e not the "minions" of the Superunique like the ones in the other waves are. The other Unraveler's are mlvl **, but the skeletons spawn as normal monsters ... though I swear based on the amount of high end item drops I've seen posted from them I'd say they have increased drop odds. Probably just because of the number of Baal runs compared to the small number of drop reports, though.

31 items in the SC_MFOQUAL stash :) And rolling :)

Well, I might as well do this sooner rather than later. After attempting to run for a few hours, I have conceded I don't have a character available in single player that is powerful enough to make a run at this. Can't kill fast enough and can't do it safely. When I see people making 1-minute or less runs, I just can't compete.

So, I am withdrawing from the tournament. Hopefully, next time around I'll have developed a true MF character in my single player archives. Good luck to all.

Sixstringer, the MFO is for fun. If you're not having fun then you are right to withdraw, but don't think you have to be the best.

Some here meander around and don't hit the target in 30 seconds, some can't run for 12 hours a day. But if we're having fun we join in.

If you have mispent stat points and need to rush a char, I'm sure many here would help. Likewise if you just need to increase a resist or whatever. :)

Bleh, I'm calling it a day. Finally got myself killed, going at it a for a few dozen runs after I thouhgt that I've had way too many beers to be anywhere near safe Baaling... But up until now I felt like I've never played better :p

@Sixstringer: Like Thy said, don't be put down with the seemingly unbeatable competition. It's for fun, and you never know, you just might find that Tyraels ;)

edit: I just had to come back to say that I'm off to listening to Stam1na - Muistipalapelit :D

I've been getting incredibly good drops on non-qualifiers. :(
Green Balrog Skin
Gold Winged Axe (ethereal, too)
Green Diadem :(

What's next, Tyrael's? Baal mocks me.
(I'm intentionally jinxing myself.)

Had a good day in the wsk today, some nice finds. This mfo looks promising

Off to a good start a solid group of runs in with more hopefully this evening...

Best non qualifier

Code:
The Gnasher
Hand Axe
One Hand Damage: 4 - 9
Durability: 26 of 28
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0xd0361892
Unidentified
Properties: 
+8 to Strength
60% Enhanced Damage
50% Chance of Open Wounds
20% Chance of Crushing Blow

Great for grail, not so for the points... Good Luck everyone, except Aman, Ray Patean, Skiff, smokee, Grisu, Jingizu, nubikoen, and Sectiplave :)

I got my first 100 meph runs done yesterday and figured today I'd start off by actually killing Diablo so I could get my last socket quest.

And what drops from a random boss pack?

Frostwind
Cryptic Sword
One-Hand Damage: 15 to 234
Durability: 35 of 44
Required Dexterity: 109
Required Strength: 99
Required Level: 70
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xf97a9033
+204% Enhanced Damage
Adds 237-486 cold damage over 6 seconds
25% Increased Attack Speed
+13 to Arctic Blast
Half Freeze Duration
Freezes Target +4
13% Cold Absorb

Hehehe, I don't even think mephy can drop that himself, ahh well looks like I got my zealots first elite weapon sorted, now to make Meph cough up a stormlash.......

Good to see that my team is doing well:)

My day didn`t turn out too bad after all. Tons of grailers which will be published in the IFT in the near future. A little disappointed about the qualifiers(both in quality and quantity), but that`s the way it goes sometimes.

First day's runs are over now, fairly disappointing results for 350 runs though, have to hope for better luck tomorrow. Going to aim to do about 500 runs tomorrow I think, seeing as I started late today.

Done for the first 24hrs, sending report in. I did manage to get 2 grailers from Pindle, 6 qualifiers, and a number of charms/amulets/rings. In fact I don't think I've ever seen Pindle so generous with charms, amulets and rings as he has been today. I got 10 charms, a skiller that I put in use (cold skills and FHR) and a slightly better large MF charm. I got 11 amulets and 10 rings. This is all from 364 runs.

I haven't seen hide nor hair from the other Pindle+ runners. You all hidin' scared? I'd be scared if I was facing me too. ;)

Did one hour with Mepher, decided I really didn't like her map (saw 4 or 5 bosspacks every run except 5 in that time) and didn't want to waste time rolling a new one, so I geared Blizzy up. Stuffed in a Ruby GC of Strength and now she's able to use Spirit and hit 105 FCR. Did another hour, managed to get 5 qualifiers (including one extremely painful one) and sent in my update.

Hoping to get a more reasonable number of runs in tomorrow (only got 120 today)

Only managed 70ish runs on day 1. Also managed to die once, and my eyes are on the verge of exploding, so I've called it quits for now and sent my update your way Jingizu.

I had a fun Day 1 (and 4 hours into Day 2, technically). I just sent Jingizu what will likely be my only update before the first published standings.

I've had good finds in terms of quantity, but not too many final 5 material items. Hopefully this will change later this week.

I am starting to ruin Meph category... :badteeth:

Anyone has better non-qualifiers in one drop...? :whistling:

Sent in my first update to Jingizu and already received a couple from some alvl85 runners. Both mine and their results look promising. I'll post a first list of standings in about 12 hours.

Jingizu said:
Anyone has better non-qualifiers in one drop...? :whistling:

Well, I had some green BPs too!

But THIS surely beats even some of my finest Duriel drops :girly: Note - even moron activated his aura out of pure joy! :jig:

Up to now my most rare drop:

Sander's Paragon
Cap
Defense: 5
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x8c1ec72f
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

So that's that.

I received 2 updates, I will post updates in 10 hours or so. And I will send my update in few hours, I want something more than that impressive cap ;).

skiffcz said:
But THIS surely beats even some of my finest Duriel drops :girly: Note - even moron activated his aura out of pure joy! :jig:

It's possible to get literally nothing but gold from Meph, especially at lower player settings.

Even if I lose, I'm still happy, 240 runs over 2 days and I have 19 qualifiers, either way I'm leaving this tournament feeling rich :)

It's end of day two so I've sent my update.

Interesting non qualifier;

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xd67b7f1
+36 poison damage over 2 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 51 Poison Nova When You Die
+5% to Poison Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Poison Resistance

I`m taking the rest of the day off. Couldn`t tell the difference between white, yellow and gold near the end:) Luckily my drops were decent up to that point, so my score has increased by quite a bit. Right now I think ice cream is a good idea.

I`ll be back tomorrow with 14 hours in front of the computer.

well first day finished with number 347...
not to good but there are some items worth mentioning...
actualy only one item...
18 qualis...decent actualy

since i'm going to pool with my friends in 2 hours and later out in town seems that this day will be even worse... :(

hmm...best non qual?

Code:
Sparking Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x16ef83c2
+8 to Life
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

i think i got that from chest...not to sure tough...
off we go :coffee:

@Baalrunners: I would post update in Baal category in 5 hours from now...

As for my category, non-qualifiers are very nice today - not a bad start, together with my yesterday's skiller of balance, I feel Meph has much to offer...😉

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x73a2c221
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 43 Frost Nova When You Level Up
+5% to Cold Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x60fab6e6
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +24
+2 to All Skill Levels

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x257ccd22
Lightning Resist +35%
Adds 1-30 lightning damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to All Skill Levels
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15
0% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)

I just started with runs. I am on 100 runs now without any qualifiers so no update for me yet :)
Today I will have some beacuse I am plaining about 500 runs.

Take it easy with the updates, not all of us are plugged in 24/7 because we have no life outside d2...

Since it looks like we're posting RAGE drops too, I have one to contribute from late last night.
Baal hates me. Dunno why :( (It might be all the violence I do to him?)

Update e-mailed off to Jingizu, though there's not anything of great note in it...

I got very lucky yesterday in Tunnels... Let's say it this way. I won't take any prizes, so you don't have to be scared about losing something.... and can focus on fighting for second place. Muhaha.
Around 500 runs so far...

First score update on the Mephisto bracket:

1 smokeeblad
2 nubikoen
3 Sectiplave
4 skiffcz

The pole position has done as much as the rest of the field combined, so you'd better get your mechanics to work and take a brick on board, gentlemen!

Hrus said:
I got very lucky yesterday in Tunnels... Let's say it this way. I won't take any prizes, so you don't have to be scared about losing something.... and can focus on fighting for second place. Muhaha.

Why do you think that you scared someone? :D
Your only chance is tyrael so if you did not drop it you was not lucky enough :D
I will defend number of runs during week-end and then I will attack during week up to thursday :)

bassano said:
Your only chance is tyrael so if you did not drop it you was not lucky enough :D

Seconded .

bassano said:

Meh, you guys think only one lousy Tyreals is going to save you?

Baal update:

1. Zaliqai
2. NagisaFurukawa
3. Esso Jay
4. Kassul

Zaliqai has nice start, there is quite an interval between 1st and 2nd place, the rest is balanced.

Dont be afraid my fellow teammates, and dont be confused by my seemingly worst results! Its just a trick to fool my opponents to underestimate me, and then will come the winning blow! :D

(Ive almost doubled my score from the update anyways :p)
edit: streak continues :p

Don't worry teammates, that was just after Day 1. I'm just starting Day 2 right now. :D

Pindle update sent to Sequana.
essojay said:
Don't worry teammates, that was just after Day 1. I'm just starting Day 2 right now. :D

I`m not worried about you:) Just wait till you see how far behind I am in the first update:(

@skiffcz: Doubled? I have tripled mine, muhahahaha. Too bad you`re not one of the cool guys running areas, would have been wonderful to crush you.

Sorry, I just need a nemesis here,

[highlight]Pindleskin update:[/highlight]

1. maxicek
2. Paradigmshift
3. elmer

Nice start for maxicek, although others are not so far behind.

If I receive more updates before I go sleep, I will edit this post. Otherwise next update on 4th day please :).

And the other green cap for me:

Infernal Cranium
Cap
Defense: 5
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0xebd81e6
All Resistances +10
20% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

I bet I find even Biggin's Bonnet today to complete collection : P.

.....so these are items I was picking up today, so you can imagine that was good excuse for being late with my own update, but I sent that while ago.

[highlight]alvl 85 Standings:[/highlight]

Tunnels:

1. Hrus
2. Joosh
3. Colony
4. frozzzen
5. maareek

It's a neck-and-neck race in the Tunnels...for those eating Hrus' dust.

Other:

1. Jaedhann
2. jjscud
3. Thomh
4. Carolus Rex

And there's a bit of a gap between each runner in the other areas.

I will check for more updates in an hour or two and edit in those that I receive. Otherwise I'll post new standings on day four. Good luck all! 👍

@jjscud: I thought I'd keep these categories separate, though I'm unsure if that's what you want. Let me know if I should combine them in a single list.

Mephesti update:

1 smokeeblad
2 Jingizu
3 nubikoen
4 Sectiplave
5 skiffcz

The field still is wide open, Jingizu brought a little bit of balance to the force.

Haven't run much myself, will send update soon.

Update for day two sent, becouse Ill have 20 minutes break now, but I plan at least some 200 runs after midnight to start day 3 ;) Nelly Furtado and beer bring me luck ;)

Zaliqai said:
@jjscud: I thought I'd keep these categories separate, though I'm unsure if that's what you want. Let me know if I should combine them in a single list.

Lets combine them since that's the main competition. I can figure out the breakouts for the team scores.

[highlight]Level 85 Areas Standing:[/highlight]

1. Hrus
2. Jaedhann
3. jjscud
4. Joosh
5. colony
6. frozzzen
7. Thomh
8. maareek
9. Carolus Rex

There's a big head start for Hrus with Jaedhann and jjscud in a neck-and-neck race behind him and a sizeable group not far behind them. Keep at it folks, eight more days to go and nothing is decided yet!

Sent update after day 2 just because it pains me to see my standings:( Hopefully I`ll climb a place or two on the next one.

Just completed 1000 runs today and puts me at 1450 for the MFO. I'll have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed in the drops so far for me from Pindle. Only 24 qualifiers out of those 1450 runs. I'm enjoying it immensely though. Go Team Kitten!!!

From todays finds I increased my score by 50%. So, hopefully I pulled some on the leaders.

Here's the team update.

Team Kittens
essojay/maareek/Thomh/elmer/Rummski
Ugla/Hrus/jjscud/RIP/Skiff
NeoAlchemists
Team youtube

Currently the ordering is basically by number of updates, only the top two have four scores in.

That's a tad demoralizing, I cannot run Meph on players 3 to make sure he almost always drops 6 items, best I can do is p2, and even still the merc dies now and then which is a pain. I need to try trade for some skiller charms and rainbow facets to up the kill speed, 350% MF should be fine according to Hrus' guide.

I think my luck is not great currently, managed to find my 3rd Stormsheild though :)

jjscud, am I supposed to send you updates to you for team scores, too? Or do the supervisors forward them to you?

edit: nvm, dumb question. :D

Baal update:

1. Zaliqai
2. nepeta
3. sequana
4. NagisaFurukawa
5. Esso Jay
6. Kassul

Edited yesterday's update with sequana and nepeta. Places 3 and 4 are very close to each other, nepeta stars to attack Zaliqai, but still have much to do...

There is no difference in drops for p1 and p2, so do your runs on p1. Put some slow monsters on your merc (e..g. kelpie) and remember LL do not work on meph.

@ sectiveplay

What build are you running with? Blizzard? I don't think, you need some faceted equipment. Is it fully synergised blizzard and how many points you have in CM?

If it is slower enough to play on p3, run on p1. And what is your merc gear?

Cool I dropped back to P1 a while back, P2 was still a bit unstable.

She is actually a pure lightning build. Lightning currently does 4-12K damage (20 chain, 20 light, 20 nova and putting more into charged bolt each level), using Tal Rasha's full set, but I have no skill charms and my boots and rings are just random rares. Level 84 currently, nearly 85.

I was thinking a few facets and skill charms would REALLY up the damage adding 3-4K to the top end damage, I understand they will never match a cold sorc for kill speed on Meph though. I hope to use her for Baal after the MFO. also she is 8FCR short of the next lightning break point, so I need a 10%FCR/MF ring if I can find one.

Merc is running rockstopper, shaftstop and kelpie snare at the moment, he is taking a bit of a beating still, mostly because it takes about 30 seconds to actually kill meph on P3.

I don't remember how strong Meph's melee attacks are, but I think Duriel's Shell or Gladiator's Bane is probably better than Shaftstop.

@Sectiplave: I've never tried this but you could try Blackthorn's Face for extra slowing down of Meph. I also suggest staying at P1.

Purple can almost make you miss a tidbit.

Holy jesus bananas! :crazyeyes:👍

@Sectiplave: Im actually using the blackthorns, it is not as miraculous as kelpie, but it works ... its actually that little bit to allow my merc survive p3.

Well, Im not gonna beat that zaliaquis screenie, but still :)

Girls chit-chat about their new stuff and such.

Holy crap, great drops, guys! :)

I didn't do as many runs today as I did yesterday, but I'm definitely happier about the results. Hopefully I'll move up a few places when the next update rolls around.

Baal runs are going well. Got a 5/5 light facet which makes it worth while.

Okay whoa, I was going to brag that I found my first ever SoJ today, but skiff takes the cake with that epic collection, how many SoJ's in there?

Sectiplave said:
how many SoJ's in there?

Single. But Im going to start a Dwarf star giveaway or something I guess :D

Not that epic in the scoring department though. I think Ive broken 1,2k line, but not much to w00t about :scratchchin:

my best non-qualifier so far:

Fool's Runic Talons of Swiftness
One-Hand Damage: 24 to 44
Durability: 67 of 69
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 115
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 60
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x99b8436f
30% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Sectiplave said:
Okay whoa, I was going to brag that I found my first ever SoJ today, but skiff takes the cake with that epic collection, how many SoJ's in there?

Congratz to the SoJ!

Btw. I checked drop calculator - Hell Meph, 700 MF, p3:

Manald Heal, Nagelring 1:351
Dwarf Star, Raven Frost 1:527
Carrion Wind, Nature's Peace 1:1756
BKWB, SoJ, Wisp 1:5269

So you don't have to expect several SoJs in 15 unique rings... 😉

Hit 1000 runs earlier and my drops are starting to look a bit better, next update could be interesting.

It's not all gold that shines.

Lion Branded Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x566ea6c8
+39 to Life
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

It seems that Mephisto has decided today to feed me with fire facets. Why not, am I asking? Gimme more :crazyeyes:

Btw. some good qualifiers would be accepted too...

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x2f1f8d31
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-3% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x2985a189
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 31 Meteor When You Die
+4% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xcb3be9fb
Adds 17-45 fire damage
+3% to Fire Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5cad2cbe
Adds 17-45 fire damage
+3% to Fire Skill Damage
-3% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Ok. I thought Ill end this madness at lvl 90 (yes, Im aware I run Mephisto, not Baal), but Mr. Drop few minutes ago stopped me just tiny sliver before reaching the Ding. The clock is somewhere at 1500+ runs, maybe even 1700+ (I dont count, it brings bad luck). And today was a real milking day for sure. All golden and green demon milk <3

However, I slowly start to understand what the heck MFO means :D My right wrist breaks down to its components, my eyes glow in the dark and my mind degradated to a cola automat :) I need some serious break, but after today (I didnt go to bed in the end) I think I deserve it.

So, day and night off for me! GL teammates!

y skiffcz i feel you :)

but you are lucky actualy...my day is preety much like this...
00-03 h MFO
03 - 05 h sleep
06 - 12 h i'm at market selling fruit ( -.-' )
12 - 13 lunch
13 - 15 MFO
15 - 20 working with my dad
20 - 23 dinner and study

rinse and repeat... :(
only 700 AT so far :(

:coffee: FTW
but from monday thing should change since my mother starts working again :smug:

skiffcz: That's exactly what the MFO about. Madness Exhastion.

And me, I am going to fulfill my gf's plan. ;)

First couple of days I couldn't spend much time on the MFO, but so far my finds are good for the amount of time spent. Good luck getting me to send updates though. I'll just send my elite final score when I'm done finding a few more lashes :badteeth:.

Aman, you're supposed to be running Meph, not Baal or areas. What, do you want us to lose because you can't remember what you signed up for?

colony said:
Hit 1000 runs earlier and my drops are starting to look a bit better, next update could be interesting.

Yeah, next one could be interesting even for me :)
I am on 550 runs but at morning will be 1000 :D

DarkChaos said:
First couple of days I couldn't spend much time on the MFO, but so far my finds are good for the amount of time spent. Good luck getting me to send updates though. I'll just send my elite final score when I'm done finding a few more lashes :badteeth:.

Do not be too modest. Some tyrael should be in your top5 even you do not want to say it :D

[unprovoked smack]

If I wasn't still busy working towards an Infinity my untwinked Fishymancer running the Maggot Lair would completely annihilate you Blizz sorc and Poison Necro n00bs.

[/unprovoked smack]

And I for one would like to welcome our new Team Kittens! overlords. May your aims be straight and true and your drops be green and gold. 👍

Awesome non-qualifier:

Kelpie Snare
Fuscina
Two Hand Damage: 108 - 203
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 33
Required Strength: 67
Required Dexterity: 15
Fingerprint: 0x7be36907
Properties:
+10 to Strength
179% Enhanced Damage (ranges from 140-180)
+30 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +50%
Slows Target by 75%
120 to Life (Based on Char Lvl)
Ethereal

:jig:

EDIT: And the revenge of the non-qualifiers continues.

Trang-Oul's Guise
Bone Visage
Defense: 222
Durability: 28 of 40
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x477bf786
Item Level: 85 (random monster in the Throne)
Unidentified
Properties:
+150 to Mana
+99 Defense
Replenish Life 5
Attacker Takes Damage of 20
25% Faster Hit Recovery

Yesterday a random green diadem drop helped me complete the self-found Mav's set--today, the Trang's. All will be forgiven if Baal helps me complete the Griswold set, though. :D

essojay said:
Yesterday a random green diadem drop helped me complete the self-found Mav's set--today, the Trang's. All will be forgiven if Baal helps me complete the Griswold set, though. :D
Heh, I've gotten the entire Trangs set in this MFO from Baal alone, except the shield from a minion. Would've preferred the Gris set though, but not one piece of that (or Mavina)... Luck is weird :)

Grats on the eth Kelpie, me wants!

That`s the end of day3 for me. Sent Zaliqai my score as it had changed a little bit from yesterday.

I won`t be able to run much the next 3-4 days because of work, but I`ll manage to sneak in an hour or two every night. Sorry about that team mates, but I`ll be back playing like crazy next weekend:)

oh, and 650 runs so far in the pits. Hoping to break 2K by the time we`re done. Good luck Elmer, Essojay, Rummski and Mareek. Green breast plates for the rest of you!

No improvements on my score :(

Good luck to none of the Meph runners ;)

skiffcz said:
However, I slowly start to understand what the heck MFO means :D My right wrist breaks down to its components

That happened to me last year, I quit, it took a few months for my arm/wrist to recover, please be careful

Anyway. GL to everyone

lionheartthebrave said:
That happened to me last year, I quit, it took a few months for my arm/wrist to recover, please be careful

Anyway. GL to everyone

Yeah doing stuff like this you can give yourself overuse syndrome pretty easily as your doing the same repetative micro movements over and over. This can lead to serious pain or life long damage.

I work on computers all day doing a boat load of typing so I'm hardwired to take micro breaks, just 10 seconds every 15 minutes to drop your hands down to your sides and do a few stretches can save a world of hurt.

End of Day 3 and I've done the lions share of the running time that I'll be able to invest into this, I hope to do 100 / day from here till the end, My girlfriend is feeling neglected so that'll likely be max per day, likely less.

EDIT; that is one really nice polearm up there, that would be my ideal meph runners polearm.

I'm happy to report my first SoJ EVER, after playing D2 on and off since release, also my first Mara's and a few iconic 1.09 items that I never dreamed I would find, especially in a single day, how I hunted on 1.09 for these without joy, skullders, HoZ, shaftstop, buriza, occulus (eth occy actually) :)

I'll be happy if I can add a vampgaze and wartravs to that list and those will be all the items I used to seek like crazy back in 1.09

Good luck to the Meph runners, I managed to nearly double my score, but I don't think that is going to be enough to threaten the top 3, I venture a guess that you dirty buggers have stolen all of Meph's luck :p

Will be going hard out at Uni for the next few days so will probably fall to the bottom of the board. Don't get cozy though, I'll be back.

Well, Monday is here :dontknow:

Yesterday I stopped after finding nice qualifier, so my score has improved, but like the others, I won't be able to play for few days now, 100 runs per day is an optimistic maximum.

Now I have to concentrate myself on my PhD. thesis, it so much more fun than d2...! :sarcasm:

Hopefully I will manage to make more runs during next weekend, until then good luck to all.

Btw. I have already made more runs I was expected to do during the whole MFO. Why? It's the team spirit!

Gogo NeoAlchemists :alright:

I tripled my score today. I hope I'll move up a few places by the time Jingizu's next update comes around, but knowing my competition, I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Good luck, everyone!

essojay said:
I tripled my score today.

If my guesstimation is right, you leapfrogged me at least. :(.

Sent in another update. Another 70 runs today after just 20 yesterday. Hopefully new prescription tomorrow or Tuesday will help reduce the pain on eyes.

Good luck all. :).

I'm almost tempted to join now, but I already missed an entire weekends worth of running, so I doubt I'd have much hope. But good luck for everyone running!

lionheartthebrave said:

Ouch! I hope this wont happen to me. I played Quake 3 as semi-pro few years so Im (still hopefully) used to this. It helps to switch fingers on the mouse (nifty trick, it makes you use completely different muscles) and also forehand massages. And well aimed pause time to time ;)

Im almost looking forward to this evening for another load :whistling:

well nothing real spectacular part from one drop from my side. Switched from pitrunning bowazon to pitrunning polebarb WW with 49% hork for a chance to doubledrop from monsters.

2 cool finds that are not qualifiers

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xf1e52d3f
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+250 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x9fa67c24
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Good Luck all

DX-Crawler said:
well nothing real spectacular part from one drop from my side. Switched from pitrunning bowazon to pitrunning polebarb WW with 49% hork for a chance to doubledrop from monsters.

Cool, that means we`re two horking barbs in the pits this MFO. Mine is a IKwhirler and not exactly the fastest runner in the world, but he is immortal at least. 52% hork for me, so I win:)

skiffcz said:
Ouch! I hope this wont happen to me. I played Quake 3 as semi-pro few years so Im (still hopefully) used to this. It helps to switch fingers on the mouse (nifty trick, it makes you use completely different muscles) and also forehand massages. And well aimed pause time to time ;)

Switching fingers sounds like you need a lot of practice to not constantly die :p

so far, Mephisto seems to have been on his way to his gf most of the time with nifty presents.

none of the facets 5/5 though...most are 5/4.

Good luck everyone!👋

More runs later, but second update is sent to Sequana.

Second update sent to Zaliqai, I'm expecting some changes in rank in the next update.

skiffcz said:

Im almost looking forward to this evening for another load :whistling:
My wrist started feeling painful last night, not too surprising considering the amount of running I've been doing, but still worrying that it happened so early. Luckily as I normally use the mouse right handed, despite being left handed, it isn't too hard for me to swap hands. Slows my runs down a bit, but it's better than not doing any at all and it should be better by tomorrow.

Day 4 it is?
I totaly loosed sense of time...No wonder since i've been runing AT preety much most of this morning ( ~4h )
Reached ~1000 runs
Entire day no increase in top5 finds :( but there are always stars that shine bright :)

this one shined so bright that it blinded me :jig::jig::jig:

Screenie lost it's originality tough, since i picked it up and then realised "darn, no screenie". so i dropped it and made screenie, but that's not something that should demoralise me :smug:

Finding rune so rare is amazing, but i hoped for Ber since Infinity is atm my no1 runeword. ( This is not complaining, yes i'm happy as hell. )

this marked end of my AT runs for today and deserved rest so i'll just enyoy the day.

no matter if i end up last in this MFO i think it was already worth it :)

good drops for everyone and nyoy :sleep2:

OT: How many HF rushed should net me a Ber?

I sent my 2nd update to Jingizu with a nice but not substantial score increase. I also upped the player settings from 3 to 8. After that Cham dropped I no longer care if all I see are green breast plates so now all I want is experience.

I'll post new standings later today for the alvl 85 runnes but I'll go ahead and say this, the competition for the top spots has increased! 👍
frozzzen said:
OT: How many HF rushed should net me a Ber?

About 24-27 depending on your luck, I work on the basis that each seven characters normally gets you approximately 1.25 Gul. Congrats on the Jah, hopefully that means you've used all your items finding luck up now:wink:

Forgot to post my most interesting non-qualifier from yesterday - this one could have been absolute ownage:

Raven Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0x25f13175
+9 to Dexterity
Requirements -15%
7% Faster Hit Recovery

Where is the +10 resist all mod...? :weep:

1000 runs completed with average run time 44,9 seconds
I did nice non qualifiers as 2 perfect facets (from 2 found :D ) , HoZ ,... and even enough good qualifiers but still I am waiting at least for one item whitch can give me good score
I am interested if I will be at least 3rd from end :D

P.S. update sent to zaliqai

edit: finally found somethink special and update from my update sent :) Now I am very interested if hrus have really so nice score he wrote :D

I took the weekend off from Baal. I doubt I will run today because I'm very tired. Don't expect any updates from me until very late Tuesday at the earliest.

Doubled my number of runs yesterday. Up to a rather low 600, but I have more time during the week than the weekend so hopefully I can make up ground. Increased my score,as well. Still nothing interesting in the way of qualifiers, though. Sending my update in to Zaliqai in just a few moments.

As for best non-qualifiers, it's probably these:

Code:
Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 95 to 262
One-Hand Damage: 95 to 186
Quantity: 99
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 99
Required Strength: 15
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc8fd664a
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+162% Enhanced Damage
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
30% Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
Replenishes Quantity
Increased Stack Size
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Ruby Jewel of Truth
Required Level: 58
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6cdeabc1
+35% Enhanced Damage
7% Faster Hit Recovery

and AT's messing with me:

Code:
Lapis Monarch of Deflecting
Defense: 136
Chance to Block:  62%
Smite Damage: 12 to 34
Durability: 116 of 172
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 54
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa327d721
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Cold Resist +19%
30% Faster Block Rate

Finally sent an update... No use sending five Windhammers, right? :p

Not a great score but I don't really know what to expect from 200 Baalruns... 1 grailer though 👍

LD50 said:
Finally sent an update... No use sending five Windhammers, right? :p

Nothing wrong with that, at least if you ask me. :p.

Jingizu: I resent, but I think I forgot a subject line this time (should say ???? as subject, ie. no subject). *whistle* I just resent again. Hopefully you don't mind getting some spam today. :D.

Did another 100 runs and, since Zaliqai hasn't gotten an update posted quite yet, sent another update in. Very small increase in score, but hey.

Got my first low roll Mara's.

Code:
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x27d60c44
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +21
+2 to All Skill Levels

Two years without one, now one a month for three consecutive months. Gotta love D2.

colony said:
Congrats on the Jah, hopefully that means you've used all your items finding luck up now:wink:

your hex nearly worked...i had no single elite S/U finds in 81 run...then i found no1 item :) tough it's nothing what would be Qualifier with capital Q.

I'm off to sleep after a lot :rolleyes: of runs. I had meant to go to bed 8 hours ago, but instead I chugged an energy drink and kept going. Of course, I took a lot of breaks, too. Anyway, the past 8 hours was largely a waste of time, since it only helped me improve my #5 item.

Sent in my end-of-day-4 update to Jingizu.

No such thing as wasted runs...Your char is that much closer to 99 :)

I hope to get some time to run this evening, but I don't expect more than an hour or so until this weekend when I should get 24 hours+ of runs in...

I've also sent my update, I believe that dry spell ends today, otherwise I will throw my laptop from window and it would be very nice flight from 12th floor :p.

But well, as I'm closer and closer to 97, I don't mind so much, experience is the best motivation now. But after *ding* I want that jackpot.

Good to hear that there are also normal humans in Baal category :).

Ok, sent my update to nepeta. No upgrade over day 3 at all. I sort of expected it, but it still feels a bit empty. Lets wait for the report.

Im pretty sure Ive pushed my total runcount over 2k, which is nice. Its partly the reason why I called it a day so early. Lets hope for higher motivation tomorrow.

Still, I raised my stash of facettes by five to this point (which would be total of five ... and yep Jingizu, Mephy seems to be filled with fire ones), great jewelery finds, some nice Merc gear and toys for experiments, even some sellable stuff which may bring me few PGems for one particular trade I plan - so Im in fact quite satisfied so far.

The problem is, that Ive never even thought about completing any kind of grail, but with holes of my collection being filled with each new run, this deadly foolishness attempts to drag me to its damned abyss! I must say no to this diabolic call! (Well, maybe the Ormus one ... HUH!)

[highlight]Baal update:[/highlight]

1. Zaliqai
2. essojay
3. nepeta
4. NagisaFurukawa
5. sequana
6. LD50
7. Kassul

Nice going everyone. Except Zaliqai and his really very nice going. However, few good drops may move everyone to the top (yes, even the first place is not safe, at least I think :whistling:). Places 2 and 3 are within one point of each other.

I know how frustrating Baal could be, but when I ran him in my last MFO, I scored DW on last Saturday and drop like this changes everything - so heads up and continue running, I am looking forward to your updates 😉

Jingizu said:
I know how frustrating Baal could be, but when I ran him in my last MFO, I scored DW on last Saturday and drop like this changes everything - so heads up and continue running, I am looking forward to your updates 😉

Well that's my plan, to increase my score on last day lets say by ~ 844,8 points :). I don't see any other chance, that's a destiny : |.

[highlight]Level 85 Area Standings:[/highlight]

1. Hrus
2. Thomh
3. Jaedhann
4. jjscud
5. Colony
6. Dx-Crawler
7. Joosh
8. maareek
9. frozzzen
10. bassano
11. hepcat
12. Carolus Rex
13. Poida

Almost everybody has started to score quite nicely now. There are two big groups in there with not much difference between them. And within those groups the difference is a couple of points at most. I suspect very little is decided yet. Keep up the good work people! 👍

[highlight]Pindleskin update:[/highlight]

1. RIP
2. Paradigmshift
3. JudgeDread
4. Mungo
5. maxicek
6. elmer

I bet you guys keep the real fight for later. Nice results, but I believe it can be more shiny ;). Good luck :).

EDIT: I added Mungo's update

Mephisto update #2

1 skiffcz
2 Jingizu
3 smokeeblad
4 Sectiplave
5 Grisu
6 nubikoen

Little has been decided yet, but the last 3 are going to have to pull something nice out of ol' M's hat if they're to stay in the game. First, second and third place seem to have warmed up a little, don't slack off, you are in a pretty close group.

Haven't done much, no update for me, hope to get a couple of runs in tomorrow. Good night/good luck everyone!

That's slightly worrying, good thing I've got all week free to correct that issue. I hope you're not just playing with us when you say it's close :badteeth:

colony said:
I hope you're not just playing with us when you say it's close :badteeth:

Let me put it this way. The bulk of the competitors are in two groups at the moment, and within those groups it is close.

Hmmm.. 2nd place still. I'll have to work harder. I had a goal of 5-6k runs in this MFO, and am currently sitting 2350. I may have to push for 10k to pass up RIP in this thing, with Pindle's cooperation of course.

BTW, GO TEAM KITTENS!!!!

Reading through the thread, I found this:

aman said:
Baal runs are going well. Got a 5/5 light facet which makes it worth while.

Aman, shouldn't you be running Meph? :confused: Maybe it's a joke that I'm too dumb to understand.

1500 runs completed and from last 500 run I get only 3rd perfect facet as drop
I hope next 500 will be more interesting

Some good runs today, really improved my score to almost non-embarassing...Still looking forward to the weekend to really see if I have a chance. Good Luck everyone!

I had a lot of good drops last night. I won't send an update before I finish tonight's runs though.

Despite the nice drops I'm not sure my score improved much. I didn't bother plugging them in my spreadsheet so I'm not sure what my score is right now.

Good luck to all. But most of all, me. It appears I need it :)

For now, it's time for another 12 hours of work.

Still in 4th? Some people aren't trying hard enough. :p. Just hit level 96, so I'm done for today. Slight improvement in score again, but won't send update until day 5.

skiffcz said:
Im pretty sure Ive pushed my total runcount over 2k, which is nice. Its partly the reason why I called it a day so early. Lets hope for higher motivation tomorrow.

Wait, you want to tell me, that despite only having done twice as many runs as I, skiffcz is 1st and I'm 5th??? Tough luck for me...

skiffcz said:
Still, I raised my stash of facettes by five to this point (which would be total of five ... and yep Jingizu, Mephy seems to be filled with fire ones)

Seconded :)

skiffcz said:
The problem is, that Ive never even thought about completing any kind of grail, but with holes of my collection being filled with each new run, this deadly foolishness attempts to drag me to its damned abyss! I must say no to this diabolic call! (Well, maybe the Ormus one ... HUH!)
come to the dark side! Really, why else would somebody play that game if not for completing the grail? :whistling:

Did a slightly insane session yesterday with more than 12 hours of playing after work. No sleep for me yesterday, and now I`m sitting at work paying the price. My wrist hurt like hell, my eyes are sore and I can`t seem to focus at all. I`m taking today and tomorrow off as this is getting way out of hand.

Oh, and I had no drops to show for that madness as well, making it very possible for the other area runners to catch up to second place. No charms to speak of, one ruby Jewel(38%) and 2 Lums, and only 4 qualifiers. Quite disheartening.

Happy hunting everyone. I`ll be back with a vengeance in a couple of days.

Paradigmshift said:
Hmmm.. 2nd place still. I'll have to work harder. I had a goal of 5-6k runs in this MFO, and am currently sitting 2350. I may have to push for 10k to pass up RIP in this thing, with Pindle's cooperation of course.

BTW, GO TEAM KITTENS!!!!

Nice, this sounds like a chalenge to me :coffee:

Well, i will be surprised, if You can go higher than is my current result, but everything is possible...If nothing else, i was thinking about stopping runs in middle of MFO (right now 2400 runs), but now i have additional motivation...

Go my teamates, destroy them all!

@Skiff and Hrus: Good job 👍

Thomh: 4 qualifiers from 12 hours????
What is your runtime? A blizzsorc usually gets around 3 qualifiers per hour in AT if maintaining 1 minute per run speed and ~5 bosspacks...

I rerolled the AT map again. I wasn't satisfied with my previous one, even if it gave me good items, I wasn't fast there (the shape wasn't especially good) and in one or two places there were bosspacks spawning in very narrow corridors. After I died in one of these corridors, I just gave up and rerolled. And I think I rerolled a good one. I will time my runs, but the map is "cyclic" and bosspacks spawn only in large rooms or corridors.

I managed to get my score up by ~1 point :)

EDIT:
RIP said:
Sure thing!

EDIT2:
Thomh said:
I won`t be able to run much the next 3-4 days because of work, but I`ll manage to sneak in an hour or two every night. Sorry about that team mates, but I`ll be back playing like crazy next weekend
Thomh said:
Did a slightly insane session yesterday with more than 12 hours of playing after work. No sleep for me yesterday, and now I`m sitting at work paying the price. My wrist hurt like hell, my eyes are sore and I can`t seem to focus at all. I`m taking today and tomorrow off as this is getting way out of hand.

:teeth:

RIP said:

Sir, yes sir! I report back in (heavy) duty!

Hrus said:
Thomh: 4 qualifiers from 12 hours????
What is your runtime? A blizzsorc usually gets around 3 qualifiers per hour in AT if maintaining 1 minute per run speed and ~5 bosspacks...

My runtime is pretty awful. Around 2:30 with 52% hork in the pits which I guess gets runtimes down to about 1:50-2:00 or so considering I shatter some Devilkin and Archer bosses sometimes. It`s not great, but at least the barbarian is perfectly safe which is good in HC. I am going to build other runners for the next MFO, though.

The 4 qualifiers might be a little off when I think about it. I don`t pick up IKSCs, Windhammers and the like anymore, so the 4 qualifiers is just what I picked up. I can`t remember seeing any of those said items yesterday, but then again I can`t remember much about the last 8 hours of playing either. I might even have left a Tyrael`s on the ground considering how tired I was:)

As for me running 12 hours after work yesterday even though I said I wasn`t going to run much during the week. There is one simple explanation; one of my drops are pretty crazy valuable to me and I really want to protect it by getting second(as Hrus has already said he won`t be taking any items.) Also, I have an addiction to D2 that is pretty insane after 7 years of playing:scratchchin:

Oh, and I`m going to get to 2K runs easily, now 3K is my goal:whistling:

Edit: I am having a blast running btw.

Edit2: About my run times; I really don`t know where to shave off seconds anymore, it basically goes like this: Run to boss pack, whirl in, howl if many minions around, whirl boss (berserk if Stone skin), hork, run past everything else. If boss has mana burn I use long whirls through the whole pack until they all are dead or occupied with merc and boss is dead(usually takes around 3 whirls) The run speed seems to be the most limiting factor as my map is linear, but it`s a long distance to run. Seemed like a good map in the beginning, now I am not so sure anymore. I might upload a youtube video after the MFO to get some input on it.

Thomh : that qualifiers must be huge with quality when you are 2nd :)
I found about 40-50 (about 15 picked up from ground) and score is not so interesting
and 2:30 is quite good time I think

hrus, RIP : do not let your current 1st places to think that you have chance to beat us :D We will find somethink yet :p

P.S. stop talking, going to do some runs :)

Like bassano said, don't think we could loose :coffee:

Until now I let all spirit keepers on the ground, giving chance to other Mephrunners to feel good during updates, but it seems that I will have to start to pick them up... :mua:

colony said:
I can't see myself doing more than 6 hours of runs a day, but you never know
Looks like this bit's slightly wrong now, I got a bit caught up in all the excitement and seem to be averaging far more. My wrist feels much better after swapping hands yesterday and I've got enough energy drink, chocolate and cigarettes to last me several days. I'm coming to get myself a top 3 position. It's time to make up for finishing right at the bottom in the last MFO I entered

Jingizu said:
but it seems that I will have to start to pick them up

Good. So I can choose the one with best roll. :coffee:

Yeah those coffein drinks... Yesterday, I felt little bit strange and couldn't fall asleep. That's what 3 litres of Coca-cola and half a liter of an Energy drink do to you... Well I just got up and played for another hour ;)

Oh and regarding qualifiers, I just keep all of them. I also measure the time of gaming sessions by them. Like: "I'll get 2 more qualifiers and I'll go to sleep." Or "I'll get 3 qualifiers and I will take a small rest and try to find something to eat and drink around the appartment.

bassano said:
Thomh : that qualifiers must be huge with quality when you are 2nd :)
I found about 40-50 (about 15 picked up from ground) and score is not so interesting
and 2:30 is quite good time I think

Good to hear that the run times are decent. Yep, quality has been good, but the last 12 hours hasn`t been representative when it comes to qualifiers. I have about 60-70 in stash(not at my computer atm, so take that with a grain of salt) and a lot left on the ground

colony said:
Looks like this bit's slightly wrong now, I got a bit caught up in all the excitement and seem to be averaging far more. My wrist feels much better after swapping hands yesterday and I've got enough energy drink, chocolate and cigarettes to last me several days. I'm coming to get myself a top 3 position. It's time to make up for finishing right at the bottom in the last MFO I entered
Hrus said:
Yeah those coffein drinks... Yesterday, I felt little bit strange and couldn't fall asleep. That's what 3 litres of Coca-cola and half a liter of an Energy drink do to you... Well I just got up and played for another hour ;)

Haha, I am familiar with this now. 4 Red bulls and 1,5 litres of Coke for me yesterday. I am going to follow Colony`s example and get about 5 packs of cigarettes, enough junk food in the fridge and a ton of coffein until thursday.

edit: Boy, this reminds of the good old grinding poker days.

I* dont understand you guys. I drink beer :D

*freaking student bastard with too much time on his hands, who can pull 1k runs a day and still have 6-8 hour sleep :D
Thomh said:
Haha, I am familiar with this now. 4 Red bulls and 1,5 litres of Coke for me yesterday. I am going to follow Colony`s example and get about 5 packs of cigarettes, enough junk food in the fridge and a ton of coffein until thursday.

edit: Boy, this reminds of the good old grinding poker days.

Yesterday was the first time I bought a pack of 200 that wasn't duty free or from some bloke in the pub. It'll be worth it though as it means I don't have to worry about things like opening times in shops and the 5 minute walk to the closest one.
skiffcz said:
I* dont understand you guys. I drink beer :D

*freaking student bastard with too much time on his hands, who can pull 1k runs a day and still have 6-8 hour sleep :D
Beer makes me sleepy if I drink it all day. You're also not the only student here that can just ignore real life for a week:whistling:

Sleep is overrated btw. I can sleep next week, also I have beer in the fridge. Might come in handy later.....

skiffcz said:

:takes a cranium basher and starts bashing skiffcz's...wrist:
yup that would be most useful :smug:

well i'm kinnda disapointed with my items...big holes with no qualifiers...
bad for moral :( very bad...

i guess one GOOD drop would cheer me up...Jah crazyness passed me over and #9. place little disapointed me.
I guess i underestimated competition here...

skiffcz said:

That would be pain, if you would be beaten by me, a noble scientist who can pull 100 runs a day and have 6 hours sleep :p

Jingizu said:
That would be pain, if you would be beaten by me, a noble scientist who can pull 100 runs a day and have 6 hours sleep :p

Youve already answered yourself by using double conditional :whistling: Some options are purely teoretical 👍

skiffcz said:
Youve already answered yourself by using double conditional :whistling: Some options are purely teoretical 👍

I just didn't want to make you too sad to withdraw from MFO :wink2:

Well, another k/2 runs (at 2500+ now), improved my score by another ~17 points, it seems Im still happy enough to continue :D

but for now my wrist needs a break before it gets broken :) Some 5 hours. That should be enough for you Jingizu to make your 100 runs. Or should I make it 6 hours? 👅

colony said:
Yesterday was the first time I bought a pack of 200 that wasn't duty free or from some bloke in the pub. It'll be worth it though as it means I don't have to worry about things like opening times in shops and the 5 minute walk to the closest one.

👍

Team Update

Ugla/Hrus/jjscud/RIP/Skiff
Team Kittens
essojay/maareek/Thomh/elmer/Rummski
NeoAlchemists
Team youtube

Looking good guys.

been runing ~4h with no increase in points :(
seems like this day will end witl equal score as yesterday...

badluck striked me realy hard this time...
i think i'll take reste tomorrow and get break from tunnels...

untill then GL to all of you ;)

frozzzen, I'd rather find 5 IK mauls and a Jah Rune than 5 TC87s and no Jah.

Ran Baal more yesterday with no improvement in score. I really need the big items to improve my score now. A semi-rare item here and there just doesn't cut it. :(
essojay said:

Ran Baal more yesterday with no improvement in score. I really need the big items to improve my score now. A semi-rare item here and there just doesn't cut it. :(

I second that:(

Screw HRs, I want to win this thing! Gogo team czex@scud!! :D

essojay said:

I more like to have that TC87´s but at least two of them class specific :D

essojay said:

I'll take your semi-rares then...

I have not been able to improve my score in 2 days. Not that I've run that much but still. I'm thinking I'm not going to bed until I get even a 0,1 point increase. :coffee:

...might be a long night.

edit:

Unbelievable... two runs from that:

Vex Rune
Required Level: 55
Properties:
Weapons:
7% Mana stolen per hit
Armor:
5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields:
5% to Maximum Fire Resist

:D :jig:

edit2: I'm so happy, can't stop smiling... :cloud9:

1900 AT competed and I am not very happy for now. No chance today for see some nice item

3000+ runs done, level 91 achieved. Nothing much today, but managed to improve my score, so Im generaly happy. Update can wait till tomorrow. Ill go to bed I guess. Maybe some research of my new necro idea or RL book.

GL&HF!

1750-1800 Pitruns done, 7.5 bosspacks per run. Didn't improve my score today.

skiffcz said:
3000+ runs done, level 91 achieved. Nothing much today, but managed to improve my score, so Im generaly happy. Update can wait till tomorrow. Ill go to bed I guess. Maybe some research of my new necro idea or RL book.

GL&HF!

Dude I have no chance of catching you (probably never did), I'm at around 800 runs and I'm yet to gain triple digit score :( I would love to go crazy but I don't want to neglect my better half :p

I aim to hit 1000 before this MFO ends so I can feel like I at least put some effort in, there is only 1 item that I really want to keep from my top five for my girlfriends Druid, but I'm sure ya'll have found heaps of them by now :)

I'm gutted that I only just found out how to use jjscuds run counter last night, awesome app 👍

horrible MFO so far, but this was nice tonight:

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0xd5ec10a0
+34% Enhanced Damage
15% Increased Attack Speed

Made some runs yesterday with some improvement in score, but nothing special. Otoh I don't feel bad about my results, I really can't complain about dry spell 😉

I am still waiting for some good ring though, until now I found 22 unique rings without SoJ/BKWB/Wisp. Oh, and no Tal's ammy too, out of 17 green ammys :scratchchin:

More runs on Friday, although it seems I can't catch skiff in number of runs, but I still enjoy this MFO... :coffee:

I've been doing runs all day. I died FOUR freaking times, completely ruining my plans to hit 94 today. I also had to abort an insane number of runs (unfortunate combinations of witches, dolls and OKs/unravellers). I'm sure one of those would have dropped a TC87. :rolleyes: I really wish I had infinity.

I've found some good items, but still no jackpot. I doubt I will be in the Top 3 if this trend continues.

In short, I'm tired and demoralized. :(

Will send Jingizu an update after a few more hours.

450 more runs down. Brings me to 1200 total. Increased my score by the smallest increment possible; fun times. I've found more IK mauls in this MFO than in any other sustained AT MFing runs I've done. Don't think that bodes well for my luck.

Not sure what my schedule will be tomorrow, so I'll go ahead and send an update to Zaliqai.

Still no big find to drastically improve the score, but sent in another update since I've had enough consecutive CI Listers for one day. Dropping down from /players 8 would make things a bit faster, but I really want that experience. :p.

Sectiplave&Jingizu: Good morning guys. The reason Im running and still running is not that I watch Forrest Gump too much. Its becouse Ive not found that freaking Stormlash yet ;) So - its easy. You dont have to catch me in number of runs to win :)

Anyways, we seem to have a really dedicated team this MFO and as a newb, I dont want to let them down ;)

Snuck some runs in last night, some this morning. One strange occurence I had, was with an underling of toorc's, it kept running away in the strangest way. Short artist impression.

jawn...morning MFO team :)
i tried to get day off but on third run something convinced me otherwise

Code:
Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xa088c462
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
19% Lightning Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 16 Lightning on striking
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (9/13 Charges)
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (7/11 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (5/15 Charges)

WP >> SoJ :cloud9:

hepcat said:
horrible MFO so far, but this was nice tonight:

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0xd5ec10a0
+34% Enhanced Damage

Gotcha

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x4af73b15
+35% Enhanced Damage

Sadly, this is one the few bright moments so far. Yesterday, I barely squeezed in a few runs, but still found once decent item. Seeing as my teammates are on the roll, I've got to do something about my own score.

Hrus said:

Chiming in, fresh from the dentist. 3 liters of coke = around 104 pieces of hard sugar. Enjoy.

OF course I couldn`t stay away from D2 yesterday either. Didn`t play more than half an hour, though, so I`m not that addicted. Increased my score by a tiny amount, which was good. Not really an increase that made a difference, but it`s good for moral:)

Ankeli said:
Chiming in, fresh from the dentist. 3 liters of coke = around 104 pieces of hard sugar. Enjoy.

IMHO it's not a lot better with juices or another sugared drinks (especially Energy drinks).... I would be very interested in a list of sugar percentages in mostly used drinks (flavored mineral waters, juices, ice teas...)
At least in our republic, coke has a label which says that 100ml contain 10g of sugar. Other drinks don't have it...

Sent Day 6 update to Jingizu. Well, it's only 6:18 AM on Day 6 here, but I'll likely wake up at 4 PM or something, so it's more like Day 5.75 update.

The last few hours were interesting. I was almost falling asleep at the computer, so deaths were even more frequent than usual. :rolleyes: Did score some new items, though--probably won't be enough to take first place, but I'm still quite happy.

Good luck, everyone! We're more than halfway there. :D

I won't be sending an update to Jingizu because I have nothing to update. The last two days have been a bit dry as far as qualifiers go :unimpressed:. Non-qualifier highlight was a SoJ.

It's lovely weather over here so I'm going to take the afternoon off and enjoy a bit of sun. Good luck all! 👍

Yesterday wasn't great, far too many qualifiers that weren't worth picking up, 9 hours of runs and only a small score improvement. Can't stop now though, I'd like to actually keep some of my top 5 items. I only just woke up though, so I'll send in an update later this afternoon after I've had a chance to do some more runs.
essojay said:
Sent Day 6 update to Jingizu. Well, it's only 6:18 AM on Day 6 here, but I'll likely wake up at 4 PM or something, so it's more like Day 5.75 update.

The last few hours were interesting. I was almost falling asleep at the computer, so deaths were even more frequent than usual. :rolleyes: Did score some new items, though--probably won't be enough to take first place, but I'm still quite happy.

Good luck, everyone! We're more than halfway there. :D

Getting tired? I'd have expected better from you:badteeth:

colony said:
Getting tired? I'd have expected better from you:badteeth:

I should have picked an easier area to run. Huge packs of witches and gloams are killing me over and over. I'm almost relieved to see OKs. I'm also an MFO n00b, so I've never experienced Baal run burnout quite like this. :coffee:

essojay said:
I should have picked an easier area to run. Huge packs of witches and gloams are killing me over and over. I'm almost relieved to see OKs. I'm also an MFO n00b, so I've never experienced Baal run burnout quite like this. :coffee:
Hadn't realised it'd been quite so long since you last played. Quite impressed you've managed to get a decent Baal runner together in such a short amount of time, though I am assuming you're fast as well as just playing a lot. I'm beginning to think I should've picked a less competitive category to run, I had a look at some of the winning scores from other MFOs the other day and realised just how much work I still have to do.

Well, now its official - the Pindle category is over...Sorry guys, i have such huge luck like others during couple of MFOs alltogether :crazyeyes:

Runs stopped at 2857, update sent to sequana...i will send You full readouts at Monday, sorry...

@Paradigm:Second place is not a bad one, and i don't think, that i will participate in next MFO...👍

colony said:
Hadn't realised it'd been quite so long since you last played. Quite impressed you've managed to get a decent Baal runner together in such a short amount of time, though I am assuming you're fast as well as just playing a lot. I'm beginning to think I should've picked a less competitive category to run, I had a look at some of the winning scores from other MFOs the other day and realised just how much work I still have to do.

Old habits die hard. I still dodge doll explosions out of habit, but I'm way too reckless with gloams and witches. I keep playing like I used to back when my blizballer was decked out with CTA, skillers and wisp projector--which does not work when I have 1300 life and no lightning absorb. :rolleyes:

I can't complain about my drops, but I've still got a ways to go.

@ RIP: Jeez, I wonder if someone's found a stormlash. :scratchchin: Or more than one?? :crazyeyes:

@esso:Well, its forbidden to answer, sorry :coffee:

It seems like the team competition is already over. Can`t beat the czech lucksacks:)

3300+. Ill be maybe able to do some 100 runs in a train, then cigar, beer and pool evening with friend. Maybe even snooker. Good to hear such news RIP, wish me luck to find one particular item too. It would sure end my category too. I wont have much time to run through weekend, just about 600-800 runs or so :( It will have to be resolved through the week ;)

Thomh said:
It seems like the team competition is already over. Can`t beat the czech lucksacks:)

You're doing pretty well at the top of the other 85 list, though. Maybe jjscud isn't getting such good drops because he's not Czech. :whistling: And with any luck, I might bring home a few points for our team.

Keep up the good work. Hope you find Tyrael's. 😉

Hrus said:
RIP said:
Well, now its official - the Pindle category is over...Sorry guys, i have such huge luck like others during couple of MFOs alltogether :crazyeyes:

Runs stopped at 2857, update sent to sequana...i will send You full readouts at Monday, sorry...

@Paradigm:Second place is not a bad one, and i don't think, that i will participate in next MFO...👍

OK, I think I have enough. Would you be so kind guys and stop writing these posts?

MFO is a competition, everyone here wants to win and does his best. I understand, that you found some godly items, but nobody cares if you already found several Tyraels or lashes. We will see after end of MFO in jjscud post the OFFICIAL RESULTS. This is *very bad* way how to express your joy, I feel a bit of arrogance from it...

So please don't ruin the game and fun.

Edit:

skiffcz said:
Good to hear such news RIP, wish me luck to find one particular item too. It would sure end my category too.
This is similar like above, I think, if I find a Stormlash, I would surely beat you too, and need only luck and one run to do it, so don't think that after finding one you would end something...

essojay said:
I've been doing runs all day. I died FOUR freaking times, completely ruining my plans to hit 94 today. I also had to abort an insane number of runs (unfortunate combinations of witches, dolls and OKs/unravellers). I'm sure one of those would have dropped a TC87. :rolleyes: I really wish I had infinity.

You can still get totally frelled with infinity and a beta cta; trust me. With BO I have about 1850 life, max resists (maybe a few points over max) but they aren't heavily stacked and I don't run absorb.

The trick is to realize you have a problem and get the hell out dodge. I admit I'll quit a run if I start getting hit really hard. (VERY NDE about 3am this morning. Boss/champ gloams.) You won't see me for dust with a boss doll.

One thing you might want to do is re-roll the map. I kept one for a long time because the Throne was almost always empty. There's more stuff in this new map but it's a change.

Jingizu said:
MFO is a competition, everyone here wants to win and does his best. I understand, that you found some godly items, but nobody cares if you already found several Tyraels or lashes. We will see after end of MFO in jjscud post the OFFICIAL RESULTS. This is *very bad* way how to express your joy, I feel a bit of arrogance from it...

I always thought overconfidence in the MFO thread was required. Like trash talking in the PvP threads. Doesn't necessarily have any bearing on reality. :D

Thyiad said:
I always thought overconfidence in the MFO thread was required. Like trash talking in the PvP threads. Doesn't necessarily have any bearing on reality. :D

Overconfidence is OK, and was done in this thread many times, but announcing the end of my own category is way too much, at least for me.

Other guys are still running, and this is quite demotivating...

And you could never know what will happen, remember Cattleya and her 2nd place in Meph category with Stormlash...?

You know Memphy and Stormlashes ALWAYS irritated me. I have *never* found a lash from Memph in an MFO. I think one year everyone *except* me had one. I have a suspicion someone had three. But I could be mis-remembering that bit.

EDIT: I am, it was Azurewraths. But I don't find them either. :p

Jingizu said:
Overconfidence is OK, and was done in this thread many times, but announcing the end of my own category is way too much, at least for me.

And you could never know what will happen, remember Cattleya and her 2nd place in Meph category with Stormlash...?

I would imagine it could also ignite motivation, after all if they brag so extravagantly and still end up not winning, the look on their face will priceless :whistling:

Anyways this is getting a little OT.

Just getting back into the runs, Meph hasn't been kind and my score hasn't changed. No update from me.

essojay said:
You're doing pretty well at the top of the other 85 list, though. Maybe jjscud isn't getting such good drops because he's not Czech. :whistling: And with any luck, I might bring home a few points for our team.

Keep up the good work. Hope you find Tyrael's. 😉

Yep, we`re both doing quite ok in the standings. However, I was actually pretty scared when I saw how many runs Jaedhann had done. I can`t compete with that with my barb, other than pure luck. Also, I find the barb pretty uninteresting to play atm, so I might even use my trusted fishymancer in the WSK just for change. Not exactly great to switch characters in the middle of a competition, but if it makes it more fun I`ll do it. More fun=more time spent playing=more l33t itamz.

Nobody else is running the WSK(maybe except Aman, unless he got the memo), so the monsters there are probably wearing tons of good stuff:)

No runs at all yesterday...

I also find it funny the people are claiming categories over with 4+ days remaining with some of the players that are lying in the grass. I believe the saying goes past results do not lead to future gains :)

Good Luck everyone!

Thomh said:
Nobody else is running the WSK(maybe except Aman, unless he got the memo), so the monsters there are probably wearing tons of good stuff:)
I do hit them sometimes on the way down to Baal. They are actually dropping better stuff than Baal even given how little I kill. I wish I'd done the WSK really. It's a bit more variety than Baal.

Jingizu said:

My one and only Stormlash dropped from Meph in MFO on day 1. When it dropped, I didn't actually realize that Horizon's existed so it wasn't a suprise when it was the 'lash. So, I spent the entire week atop the standings until the final standings when someone passed me with a Stormlash + a couple of Horizon's.

Of course the only prize #1 claimed from anyone was the Stormlash from #2. :steam:
Jingizu said:

Just look at it as a challenge, beat them and wipe the smug look off their face. If you're feeling really vindictive then take the item afterwards as well. Tyrael's is basically the only item that can make someone practically unbeatable, but even that isn't a certainty. With Pindle a Stormlash isn't even worth that much more than a class specific TC87 anyway.

Jingizu, it's only a mental war... :evil:

Hrus! Do not tempt my natural sarcasm like that. Bad Hrus, Bad! :D

Holy war! Everyone burn at the stake :p

And will the bloody english population kindly refrain from using a DOT (".") as a decimal separator when mailing me updates, it's against the SI rules!

@hrus: And we are winning even that one. :p Sad truth :D

Ok, update sent, now scotch, cigars and snooker. I suck at that to compensate my uberness in D2 ;)

GL and cheers!

nepeta said:
And will the bloody english population kindly refrain from using a DOT (".") as a decimal separator when mailing me updates, it's against the SI rules!

lol - and there am I, switching from "," to "." for SPF's sake... :rolleyes:

International system of units for everyone! Yay! \o/

Thyiad said:
I do hit them sometimes on the way down to Baal. They are actually dropping better stuff than Baal even given how little I kill. I wish I'd done the WSK really. It's a bit more variety than Baal.
Me too. My "Other 85" score from the items that I got from Throne 2/3 and WSK is actually half-decent. And that's even though I clear only the throne area, and the occasional delicious-looking champion packs while teleporting past 2/3/Throne. My map is such that 2->3 is just turning a corner (3 teleports if you cut corners) and 3->ToD is just 3 straight teleports to the right. I don't really want to reroll it.

Also, I misposted. I actually only have about 1200 life. No wonder I die so much. :jig: You're right, though, that being decked out with all the awesome survival and killing gear won't save you from getting killed from time to time, especially if you're not on guard.

As for someone "winning" Pindle, I don't see how that's possible without finding 5 lashes. The point distribution is such that there's no "auto-win" item, like a lash with Meph or Tyraels with Baal. Besides, who knows? Maybe RIP is just scared and is bluffing to discourage his competition. :evil:

AT x 250 and no improvment since last report :(

found lightling skiller wit 4 str tough...not realy godly but it keeps me in mood...
if i find anything to report i'll send update but for now nothing...

One thing I didn't mention, essojay and that is FHR. Normally I'm not one to bother with it, but I have 86 on the teleport switch (cta and spirit) and 30 on the infinity switch. Which incidentally has more life than my teleport switch.

If you're doing P8 you are doing better than me. Freezeyaballs my Tals Blizzballer would do Baal but frankly I wasn't happy above p3. (She was using a decent CtA but not a Beta). I am of course without decent playskills. :D

Yep. I'm running full Tal's + Spirit + FHR skiller so I'm good with FHR. And it's saved me many many times.

Right now I'm using Ondal's staff on switch for extra experience whenever I can afford to lose the Tal's set bonuses (esp. resists). It's not bad. I actually use it on the minion waves and at the end of Baal.

I was running at p8 for a while but started going at p3 when I realized gaining levels was going to be impossible 😉

3000th Tunnel run finished earlier (well, 3026 to be accurate), no change in score from the last update I sent Zaliqai though.

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x6224d097
+18 to Life
+16 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

[highlight]Level 85 Area Standings:[/highlight]

1. Hrus
2. Thomh
3. Dx-Crawler
4. colony
5. Jaedhann
6. bassano
7. jjscud
8. Joosh
8. maareek
9. frozzzen
10. hepcat
11. Carolus Rex
12. Poida

Though Hrus is still looking pretty on top, behind him things are getting downright ugly! :evil: There are a lot of competitors now with little between them vying for a top 3 finish.

Just sent an update including last nights finds. I had quite an improvement since last update, but I doubt I'll even move to top three.

Time for a bit of running now :)

colony said:
3000th Tunnel run
That's incredible. How long does a run take, 40-50 sec? With breaks and muling, that's more like a minute, so you've been running approx. 8 hours each day. :crazyeyes:

Well, I probably average ~5 hours, and would have a lot more if work didn't interfere.

[highlight]Baal update:[/highlight]

1. Zaliqai
2. essojay
3. NagisaFurukawa
4. nepeta
5. sequana
6. LD50
7. Thyiad
8. Kassul

Although majority of you has increased your score, the ranks are almost the same as in previous update.

Nothing is decided in Baal category and everyone could still win (just go and take the items from him). 😉

Good luck 👍

I'm very pleased that I didn't move anywhere :).

Terrible to say such thing. My expectations few days ago were a bit higher.
essojay said:
That's incredible. How long does a run take, 40-50 sec? With breaks and muling, that's more like a minute, so you've been running approx. 8 hours each day. :crazyeyes:

Well, I probably average ~5 hours, and would have a lot more if work didn't interfere.

My average run speed has actually slowed down to about 60 seconds as it's far less stressful and I can get more runs done overall. I'm barely spending any time muling at all though, I just throw it all in an ATMA stash when I run out of space and sort it out later. As for breaks I'm mainly just doing 2 hours running then having a break for an hour, there isn't anything I that absolutely must do this week, so it isn't too hard to reach that number of runs.

I'm aiming to reach 5000 runs by the end, but I'd prefer to do more.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High