Diablo 2 Max Schaefer seems happy about the idea of a Diablo 2 Remaster

Rush

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 12, 2020
Cool little interview this with Max Schaefer. Seems to bring up the same problems Brevik brought up about recreating the game. Have to wonder if Blizzard is actually in the process of remaking the game. Sounds like there would be a lot of work involved.

Reactions: In The Name of Zod

In The Name of Zod

Mar 23, 2020
I totally love what Matt Uelmen said about the violence and gore. Just put Matt in charge of a remaster and it might actually work. Pity the interview was so short. The problem is as I see it that it requires extra-ordinary discipline not to fix things during the process of performing such a task as this. People can not help themselves. I realize now that they should not make it for widescreen either, keeping the aspect ratio locked to 4:3 would be essential to keeping the original feel.

Last edited:

Rush

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 12, 2020
I have to admit I would not been keen on a locked aspect ratio. ou are right it would be hard to get the feel of the original but I guess that would be a challenge that would need to be overcome. In a way, there's a part of me that says they shouldn't remaster it. Some classics should remain classics. Trying to "fix" it for modern gaming could open a can of worms. If they do go for it then they need to be damn sure it's right and the only way to do that is develop it with the community. This has worked brilliantly with EA's recent C&C remaster which is really well done.

Rush

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 12, 2020
I think they have learned the harsh lessons from D3. I do believe they will try and bring D4 more inline with D2/D1.

Mar 14, 2020
They could leave the rainbows in the game only if they would just add an eviscerated leprechaun or unicorn and the Butcher at the end of the rainbow.

In The Name of Zod

Mar 23, 2020
I would not mind it if they did a unicorn centipede done in the same way as the human centipede. Maybe they could make the butcher responsible for it.

GT-duhrau

Aug 2, 2020
PvPGN
“My only strong opinion is that it needs to have more violence, more gore, and more nakedness. Long as they do that, then they’ll be true to the series, in terms of what we were going for, as artists.”
Words of wisdom from a true dedicated gaming artist. But as Max said – shareholders will probably want this re-whatever censored for snowflake brainded leftists that think black lives matter, pathetic.