March of the Doomed - Running Thread

March of TheDeadman - iteration 2
Summoning gamble
Short update this time, in the middle of LK running.

Decided to get the last Act 4 waypoint and the forge to see what was going to drop. Well...
UUWqKs2l.png

But nicely enough, on the way, a belt upgrade!
DnMJUU2l.png

Bye bye Death's sash!

With the gloves, it brings me to two Trang pieces. Fireballs unlocked :p

See you on next update!

TheDeadman skills (92) Unused (0)
Rich (BB code):
Summoning (62)
01 Skeleton mastery 20, Raise skeleton 20
06 Clay golem 11
12 Golem mastery 5, Skeletal mage 0
18 Blood Golem 0
24 Summon resist 6, Iron Golem 0
30 Fire Golem 0, Revive 0
Rich (BB code):
P&B (24)
01 Teeth 1, Bone armor 9
06 Poison dagger 0, Corpse explosion 15
12 Bone Wall 1
18 Poison Explosion 0, Bone Spear 0
24 Bone Prison 0
30 Poison Nova 0, Bone Spirit 0
Rich (BB code):
Curses (4)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Dim vision 0, Weaken 1
12 Iron Maiden 0, Terror 1
18 Confuse 0, Life Tap 0
24 Attract 0, Decrepify 1
30 Lower Resist 0
TheDeadman damnation card
Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No Y/N
NM Y/N

Act Damnation          Royal Seal used (skill only)
No1 Iron Maiden        N
No2 Dim Vision         N
No3 Iron Golem         N
No4 Lower Resist       N
No5 Attract            N

NM1 Poison Dagger      N
NM2 Teeth              N
NM3 Bone Prison        N
NM4 Bone Spirit        N
NM5 Decrepify          N

He1 Terror             N
He2 Bone Wall          N
He3 Fire Golem         N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Rich (BB code):
How to fill the table
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location                Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------                ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp              Higher than Babyhell
         D2R Vang              Swoon                 Bar    81    Guardian                45
SP       D2R Jcakes            Hades                 Nec    84    Guardian                54
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    81    River of Flame H        39
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    ??    Rogue Camp NM           15
SP       D2R Grisu             Karrin                Asn    ??    Kurast Docks            06
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to ashes (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         D2R Vang              Refractor             Dru    67    Frozen Tundra NM        27
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    77    H Claw Viper Temple     39
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    50    The Pit NM              18
         D2R Vang              HoboJones             Dru    46    Pand. Fortress          15
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary        03
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein             06

After eating the blessed cow kings juicy beef with runes and gems on the side, DevaZR has continued and removed Andariel from the surface of Sanctuary.

Screenshot021.png
No serious problems this act, though my experimentation with Ip, Act5 merc, showed how difficult it was equipping him with a proper weapon. So runes was spent to cube a 4os partizan as soon as possible to get an insight merc NM act 2.
Screenshot007.png
Screenshot016.png
Screenshot017.png
Screenshot020.png
In need of Andariels 2nd damnation
Code:
No1 Dragon claw        N
No2 Wake of fire       N
No3 Phoenix strike     N
No4 Venom              N
No5 Blades of ice      N

NM1 Charged bolt sentry N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>
Rich (BB code):
How to fill the table
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location                Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------                ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp              Higher than Babyhell
         D2R Vang              Swoon                 Bar    81    Guardian                45
SP       D2R Jcakes            Hades                 Nec    84    Guardian                54
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    81    River of Flame H        39
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    51    Lut Gholein NM          18
SP       D2R Grisu             Karrin                Asn    ??    Kurast Docks            06
         D2R Vang              Refractor             Dru    67    Frozen Tundra NM        27
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    77    H Claw Viper Temple     39
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    50    The Pit NM              18
         D2R Vang              HoboJones             Dru    46    Pand. Fortress          15
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary        03
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein             06

Last edited:
Been cruising along with Terra, time for another update! She managed to fill out her 4os gothic plate with PTopaz and it certainly is paying off. She's now up to 3 unique crossbows and 6 total unique bows/crossbows, though other than Wizendraw, they're all useless. Aside from that, some of the highlights of the finds include Sigon's armor, 26% nagel, Warspear, Tiamat's Rebuke, and this beauty:
Screenshot067.png

Typically valued for MF, Terra is more excited as it's one of the very few belts with IAS. I used my only Shael rune to up it. She also saw a fair number of decent jewels (including a 15% IAS jewel) and charms drop. The one that really stood out was this:

Skull Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xd7a08697
Item Level: 45
Version: Resurrected
28% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 34 Lightning Damage
+6 to Strength
Lightning Resist +8%

That should add a good bit of damage once I find some end game gear. Nothing else too terribly exciting until Duriel, who was killed easily on /p3.
Screenshot068.png

Typically this would be the end of the update, but I had a ton of gold and was gambling a bit before posting and had some more amazing luck. The first item was this:
Screenshot069.png

I was gambling gauntlets because I still haven't found Sigon gloves (because I think they get 30% IAS) and thought "Well, she's already gambled two set items, may as well try for three" and couldn't believe I got a unique. This may be the first non-jewelry unique I've ever gambled. At this rate, I may start targeting unique bows :ROFLMAO:. I also gambled this crossbow, I'm not sure if it's worth up'ing or not but I have plenty of Amns.

Ghoul Loom
Repeating Crossbow
Two Hand Damage: 15 - 30
Durability: 20 of 40
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 40
Required Dexterity: 50
Fingerprint: 0xced45e
Item Level: 57
Version: Resurrected
151% Enhanced Damage
+90 to Attack Rating
Adds 8 - 16 Fire Damage
Adds 1 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)

I gambled another rare Chu-Ko-Nu (much less %ED), but the LCS lists about the same damage as my Edge razor bow. Can't figure out what's going on with them, maybe the %ED to undead/demons is listed and inflating the Edge damage? Not that I can really complain with her luck, but on the rune front, she's really struggling. She's only found 1 Sol and 1 Shael so far, and no useful higher rune. Anyway, time for my damnation!

Rich (BB code):
Javelin and Spear (6)
01 Jab 1
06 Power Strike 1, Poison Javelin 1
12 Impale 0, Lightning Bolt 1
18 Charged Strike 1, Plague Javelin 1
24 Fend 0
30 Lightning Strike 0, Lightning Fury 0

Passive and Magic (26)
01 Inner Sight 1, Critical Strike 7
06 Dodge 1
12 Slow Missiles 1, Avoid 1
18 Penetrate 1
24 Decoy 5, Evade 1
30 Valkyrie 1, Pierce 7

Bow and Crossbow (29)
01 Magic Arrow 1, Fire Arrow 0
06 Cold Arrow 15, Multiple Shot 7
12 Exploding Arrow 0
18 Ice Arrow 1, Guided Arrow 1
24 Strafe 1, Immolation Arrow 0
30 Freezing Arrow 3

Rich (BB code):
Fire Arrow             N
Impale                 N
Evade                  N
Guided Arrow           N
Fend                   N

Critical Strike        N
Magic Arrow            N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Last edited:
Reactions: D4di56lu3
@skoolbus 1-12, 3 -> Magic arrow
I confirm that you hit Charged bolt sentry, about time one of my contingency skills got hit, still waiting for a primary skill damnation :p

Reactions: skoolbus
@Jcakes Congrats on the Guardian! Glad your damnations weren't too crippling to your build. Any ideas on what you would reenter with?

random.org says Sorceress. So meet DoomedSorceress. Act 1 is done, lots of saved skills, mostly relied on static field and hitting things / merc killing things. I now need my first andy damnation. I'll probably play this as multi-pass, but for the moment it is single pass.

Screenshot282.png

DoomedSorceress, Level 20, Act2 Normal

Duriels Down
Screenshot283.png

skipped through a lot of the game so will probably level up a bit (Currently level 25). I want to be about 33ish when I take down Meph.

Will probably do a bunch of tomb runs before moving on, but I am after my Duriel Damnation.

DoomedSorceress Damnations
Rich (BB code):
No1 Inferno            N
No2 -                  N
No3 -                  N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Reactions: D4di56lu3 and Vang
I've had a rough couple of weeks, keeping me from playing, but I am now back! Congrats to @Vang and @Jcakes for the first 2 guardians in the tournament!

Screenshot004.jpg

I decided to stop doing single pass, as the drudgery of it is usually what kills my interest pretty quickly. Duriel is down and I need a damnation. Only skill damned so far is Shout.

Edit: first damnation was Shout, not Howl.

Mephisto has been slain. Ready for another damnation!

Screenshot005.jpg

MacLeod's Damnations
Rich (BB code):
No1 Howl               N
No2 Polearm Mastery    N
No3 -                  N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Reactions: Vang and Babyhell
Sacrificed a bit of MF gear to make sure lightning resist was maxed for the fight with Big D. It went rather smoothly.

Screenshot007.jpg

Ready for my next damnation!

MacLeod's Damnations
Rich (BB code):
No1 Howl               N
No2 Polearm Mastery    N
No3 Battle Cry         N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Reactions: Babyhell
March of TheDeadman - iteration 2
Summoning gamble
xZwpomLl.png

Bye bye Big D!

Oh well... that was the last stretch of Act 4 since last time. Apart from LK (a dedicated update to be done), and a bit of Pits to get a Obedience base (spoiler: nothing found with 5os -_-), decided to go on with the Guillaume's Face as only Crushing blow source vs Diablo.

Well, it took some attempts to have him attack the clay golem, but he stayed focused on the merc. It generated some resurrections, and eventually ended when they went face to face, with Diablo going Lightning berserk when the only way to kill the merc was the Firestorm.

Not much to say... only noticeable drop of the Chaos Sanctuary has been this Spire of Honor from De Seis. We will now see what is this last damnation!

For Baal, I am planning a big Crushing Blow setup for the merc (Guillaume + Obedience and maybe even Duress), and try this way.

See you on next update!
Edit: final damnation is Life Tap.

TheDeadman skills (93) Unused (0)
Rich (BB code):
Summoning (62)
01 Skeleton mastery 20, Raise skeleton 20
06 Clay golem 11
12 Golem mastery 5, Skeletal mage 0
18 Blood Golem 0
24 Summon resist 6, Iron Golem 0
30 Fire Golem 0, Revive 0
Rich (BB code):
P&B (24)
01 Teeth 1, Bone armor 10
06 Poison dagger 0, Corpse explosion 15
12 Bone Wall 1
18 Poison Explosion 0, Bone Spear 0
24 Bone Prison 0
30 Poison Nova 0, Bone Spirit 0
Rich (BB code):
Curses (4)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Dim vision 0, Weaken 1
12 Iron Maiden 0, Terror 1
18 Confuse 0, Life Tap 0
24 Attract 0, Decrepify 1
30 Lower Resist 0
TheDeadman damnation card
Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No Y/N
NM Y/N

No1 Iron Maiden        N
No2 Dim Vision         N
No3 Iron Golem         N
No4 Lower Resist       N
No5 Attract            N

NM1 Poison Dagger      N
NM2 Teeth              N
NM3 Bone Prison        N
NM4 Bone Spirit        N
NM5 Decrepify          N

He1 Terror             N
He2 Bone Wall          N
He3 Fire Golem         N
He4 Life Tap           N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Rich (BB code):
How to fill the table
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    82    Harrogath H             42
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    ??    Rogue Camp NM           15

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High