Magic Finding Barbarian: THE TYRANNICIDES: v3* An Expensive Build for Optimal MF-ing!

Re: Magic Finding Barbarian: THE TYRANNICIDES: v3* An Expensive Build for Optimal MF-

I created a mf sorc. started playing. In forum one guide advices
str: 140 dex:150 vit:185 ener:75
another advices 0 energy :S:S
and in 3 hours time i opened several games like "rush me four forge" rush plz
help.:D
but nobody did. ? think i wont play the game solo again and will delete my save and no diablo until 3 :S:S ?t was funny first time when i got keys for battle.net but i dont enjoy the game now.

Re: Magic Finding Barbarian: THE TYRANNICIDES: v3* An Expensive Build for Optimal MF-

Don't beg for rush games; join in one. At least you don't have to waste a forge drop.

First off, I love the concept. I can see myself doing this kind of build as Im a warcry barb from way back.(I miss my hotos and enigma /cry) As I dont really have the gear yet and Im new to the ladder Im thinking of trying this with a sorc...aka the enchantress. With her ability to teleport and with the ability of increasing the damage of my merc she would be an interesting cheap alternative. Granted the %mf will nowhere be as high but it would be interesting. Maybe get that wpn that does battle orders and max the skill hyrda. Ill sit back and let the merc do all the work, you have any thoughts or ideas on this?

Regardless once i get rich enough on the new ladder Im grabbing hotos and Im going to give this barb a whirl =) Keep up the new concepts I love em.

ARRRGH. not this travesty AGAIN.

you're killing your father larry.

This isn't an optimal build aside from a pet project in how to waste gear. You can approach diminishing returns with complete garbage gear on a cryer. I'm doing a cryer for goldfind currently, and its a lot of fun. I don't get teleport on him, but i spent pgems and a fal/2xko/lem to get there.

As I said in my guide putting points into warcry (more than 1 point) in a magic finding sortof build is a travesty. The barbarian simply does not have the kind of mana it takes to spam a level 40 warcry, 20 (with pluss skills) is way more than enough to get the stun length you need. The damage of warcry should probably not be something you want to count on.

Mephiztophelez please try to make constructive comments.

Tomlol, how is this a waste of gear, as you said yourself your similar Barabarian does not teleport/teleport fast and probably doesn't have as much mf% etc.. so... why is this build a "waste" of gear?? I concede that it requires lots of good gear but I assert that the gear is put to good use. Tomlol, I think some people are skeptical of this build because it may appear similar to a run of the mill goldfind barbarian but if you read the guide or try the build you may think differently. This build serves a very different purpose than the goldfind barbarian although it can be used for goldfinding. This build is almost exclusively meant for magicfinding which is why all the skills and equipment go as far as they can to that purpose. This would seem senseless to those not interested in magic finding but those people really shouldn't bother reading the guide...

Thank you Groovylad! for the postive feedback; I really appreciate it.

Those with positive feedback for my guide can message Halciet the moderator for this forum if you want to help get this guide stickied. I was told that messaging him is the only way to get the guide stickied.

-CallsignAPOLLO

Your not getting this tripe stickied callsign, and Mephiztopheleze comment was very constructive.

I am uploading a video version of my guide to youtube; it will provide a narration to the guide. It will also demonstrate the build and I will explain the reasoning behind some of the skill placements and item selections.

Hopefully it will also bring d3.net more members! And arouse more interest in Diablo 2 and 3.

Deadbeater gave great advice by the way; I feel that by making rush games you are far less likely to be rushed than if you wait until you see a rush game with a high lvl character in it and a low lvl character in it and you join it.

-CallsignAPOLLO

Sorry but what lvl are you now? Are you in non ladder? You didn't kill the council type by Mephisto - you don't do them?

Good questions, I have a level 94 version of this build, well he's almost 95 now. That character is a Nonladder East character. I actually do kill the council members before Mephisto pretty often when I feel like it and they tend to drops some very nice items sometimes. They're pretty good to kill during magic finding.

Ok I uploaded a video version of this guide to youtube earlier today. I've been working on getting it to HD quality but so far the best I can do is to improve the video quality. So I've taken down the crappy copies of the vids and put up much better ones. Be sure to check it out!

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxEX0vZC7y8

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmnK94T71gw

-CallsignAPOLLO

I'm not sure how you can justify the cost for this build when it kills Mephisto slower than a budget Meteorb.

Where do you get that?!

It kills faster than a budget meteorb for sure! Did you watch the youtube video?

Yes, that´s where my comment is coming from.

And you're saying that's slower than a "budge meteorb"; not any budget meteor I've ever seen! By the way I checked the video and my merc killed Mephisto in about 5 seconds.

You cast your first Battle Cry on 4:45 and Mephisto dies at 4:56. That's 11 seconds. Any budget sorc can do that.

im off yeah, but i was measuring from when my mercenary first started stabbing him, anyway a cheap meteorb kills how fast? Because even a blizzard sorceress with more damage takes awhile to kill Mephisto. And you have to click constantly. I don't think this build is SIGNIFICANTLY slower and I think it requires less effort on the part of the player.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High