Magic Find Pentathalon [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on April 4, 2008.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Magic Find Pentathalon

Short Description: Each player will use a single char to take on all of the MFO targets. The scores from each area will be normalized and added and the player with the highest total score wins. There will be a max time limit for each area to make this tournament reasonably accessible.

Rules/Info

1. One Single Char per player and only one entry per player. This is the point of the tournament, to attempt all areas with a single build rather than a specialized build at each area. You can switch gear between targets (and while running a target for that matter) but the char remains the same.

2. Five Targets ("Events"). These are WSK + Throne Room (not minions or Baal), Meph, Baal (+ minions), Act5SU, Level 85 area (your own choosing but not WSK). The Events will be closed in that order, it is possible to get ahead of schedule and run them in a different order if you really want. You can also do other things between events, specifically, map hunt. Of course regardless of where you find some nice item, if you are not "on the clock" it doesn't count.

3. Time Fame. This event will take place over 6 weeks. It will start Saturday the 19th of April and end on the 1st of June

4. Event Dates. One Event will be completed each week, except the first week is a gimme to help you deal with any scheduling problems. You may complete your runs any time before the completion date. The Completion Dates will be:

WSK - May 4th
Meph - May 11th
Baal - May 18th
Act5SU - May 25th
Area 85 -June 1st

5. Scoring will be based on the MFO score sheets below. I will normalize the scores to 100 points each event using high scores from recent MFOs to show me the math. (I don't have those normalization formulas completed yet).

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

6. Scores will be fully disclosed after each Event. No other progress updates will be made between Events.

7. Time. There will be a base time limit of 10 hours per event. That is all the time you will have to run that target except: Each player will have an additional 10 hours to use on any target. The target/event must still be completed by its completion date. This means you could actually run each target for 12 hours or run your strongest event for 20 hours (or perhaps your weakest) or anything in between. Also, the time limit is just that, a limit, not a requirement. If you find a couple spectacular items early on or simply don't have the time, you can still compete quite well. The time tracking is the responsibility of each player, please be fair to your fellow players and track it accurately.

8. Prizes. I will be handing out trophies [1.11b SC Vanilla] to the top 3.

I'm a bit tempted to require an entry fee that would be held "in escrow" and given back once the player has completed the tournament to try and prevent drop outs but I don't think I will. Please think before joining, this isn't x number of runs or complete x feat, its 60 hours max over 6 weeks. You should have a reasonable idea of how long that will take and thus if you should join.

Re: Magic Find Pentathalon

Participants

Code:
Player          Character          Class             Build
-----------------------------------------------------------------
jjscud          Anyanka            Amazon            Javazon/Strafer Hybrid
jaedhann        Helena             Sorceress         Blizz-lightning
Low Key         Sarade             Sorceress         Blizzballer
Nagisa          Nayuki             Sorceress         Blizzard
Naab            Griffon            Sorceress         Lightsorc
omg             xxBlossoMxx        Sorceress         Fire Sorceress
Callador        Cindy              Sorceress         Lightsorc
nepeta          BjorkHunteR        Amazon            LF/FA
Tohanry         Khimleh            Necromancer       Fishy
Xanthu          Mihana             Sorceress         Blizzballer
Gorgrims        Dariann            Sorceress         Blizzard
RIP             Conan              Barbarian         Whirl/Zerk
Belcarl         Smaug              Sorceress         Blizzballer
Aman            Serge              Paladin           Hammerdin
Atil            Charon             Necromancer       Fishymancer
Bassano         Blizzardmaster     Sorceress         Blizzsorc  
Nikon Almighty  MFO-Jivko          Sorceress         Blizzard
Neksja          Fair               Sorceress         Fair
Bright Eyes     TasteMyBalls       Sorceress         Blizzard
San             Norea              Sorceress         Blizzball
Tigereye        HSJ-Blizzard       Sorceress         Blizzard
sequana         Broucek            Paladin           Smiter
Colony          Sorceress          Paladin           Hammerdin
Ray Patean      Anguish            Amazon            LF/CS Zon
Drixx           Zendaria           Amazon            LF/FA Zon
Thyiad          Atil               Sorceresss        Lightening

You may of course change your character at any time before that start of the tourney.

Great idea jjscud I've not got any half decent characters for this kind of tournament yet, but when I do i'll make sure I come back here and sign myself up, I'll have to enter on the premise that I'll get lucky, as I can't put in the hours, but i'll definetly hop in when my character is able enough 😃.

Edit: I'm hopeless with the table/code, etc. I would appreciate it if someone else could sort it for me.

Hmm, six weeks of MFO. thats a long time.

Jaedhann said:

Well, at least you wont get as bored with the changing targets. 😃

What are the A5 SUs? Pindle/Eld/Shenk/Thresh/etc?

This should give lot's of extra motivation to MF :rolleyes:

Bleh, D2 and final exams don't mix. :cry:

Nice concept, although a bit sad for not looting. Training a hybrid zon too, but don't know if she'll be ready in time. If not, WSK and Baal are going to be lots of fun ^^

I think I'll sign up....getting the necro through hell now. Should be finished with that before May 4th.

Wow this is a fantastic MFO concept. I need to spend a few days pondering a comeback for this one (and what build I'd use). Are you closing sign-ups before the 19th?

Eric Xanthu said:
Wow this is a fantastic MFO concept. I need to spend a few days pondering a comeback for this one (and what build I'd use). Are you closing sign-ups before the 19th?

Just before, probably the 18th.

Jaedhann said:

Feel free to finish it all in the first week :wink3:

Very nice competition grats for this idea 👍

I will sign up for 100%.
But I must decided whitch char I will use for winning it 😃
I have two logical options. My blizzardsorc or lightsorc.

My blizzrorc is very fast AT runner for area85 category. With blizzard I can run very fast pindle and meph too. In WSK I will have some problems with CI but in WSK2 are more lihgt imune probability then CI. In WSK3 are only oblivions CI if I remember good (I think that sucubs from WSK3 are physical imune). The most problematic will be baal category but I think that in 10 hours not much people will do more than 100 runs and 100 runs is no good statistical system so I think that baal category will be the most random from all categories.

Light sorc is good baalrunner and meph too. For act5 SUMs I problably will choose teresh socket (with very good map is so fast so pindle I think) In area 85 lightsorc will have problems choose area for doing some MF difference beacuse in all good areas are light imunities. And WSK for lightsorc is very hard too.

Categories in whitch I can do difference in score are area85 for my blizzsorc beacuse 10 hours is enough for do about 600 AT is good number for find some TC87s. With lightsorc I will do maybe half of this when I calculate number of bosspacks killed. In act5 SUMs I can do 1800-2000 pindles or teresh sockets in 10 hours is the same. Meph category is same with lightsorc and blizzsorc too. In 10 hours something about 1200 runs. WSK category make me some fear beacuse I never run it with sorc. Only few attempts with my hammerdin. But number of bosspacks is limited to 16 with blizzsorc and about 14 with lightsorc in 5 minutes for me I think (3 minutes for WSK2+WSK3 there are 12-16 bosspacks some of them I will not kill). Is no verry different here. In baal category my lightsorc can do about 150 runs and blizzrorc about 80 runs maybe.

Difference can do MF gear too beacuse I can run meph,AT and pindle with 500+MF with my blizzsorc. For baal and WSK category I must choose lower MF gear with some resists more.

I will decided my runner next week I must think about it some hour more. 😁

And I have one question. Can I change my maps between categories? I think if I can find new map for WSK after I just finished baal category. Thanks

I'm in. Turns out my blizzballer has a crazy map combo for Baal (knew that), Meph, and AT. Not great WSK, but if we're using 1 map this has got to be the one.

jjscud said:
2. Five Targets ("Events"). These are WSK + Throne Room (not minions or Baal), Meph, Baal (+ minions), Act5SU, Level 85 area (your own choosing but not WSK). The Events will be closed in that order, it is possible to get ahead of schedule and run them in a different order if you really want. You can also do other things between events, specifically, map hunt. Of course regardless of where you find some nice item, if you are not "on the clock" it doesn't count.

Changing maps is fine, its the characters we're testing.

Every time I look at this thread, I see:

Magic Find PENETRATION.

:(

Okay, no more spam in this thread for me: just want to say GL to everyone participating, and thanks to jjscud for hosting again.

Jaago said:
Bleh, D2 and final exams don't mix. :cry:/quote]

Tell me about it :undecided:
Great idea jj, too bad I don't have time for d2 right now :sad:

I might not be too motivated in the Meph category (no tc87's), but I should be rockin everywhere else. I could also use a break from Baal runnin. :)

Last edited:

Meph still owes me an Azurewrath, so that will be just enough to keep me going there. Early test runs have been encouraging, so I am starting to think about placing in this event!

Right. This is the first MF tourney im gonna enter! seem's like a nice idea. Might catch me motivation to try find some of the stuff I need.
kudos on the non-sorceresses. I really don't know if i have the patience to try 5 different area's on my javalin Ama or Lightning sorceress, thus, im taking my Blizzard for this thing. =)

Edit. I ****ed up the whole thing, Can somebody else add me to the box? =)

Gorgrims - Dariann - Sorceress - Blizzard

Hard to believe no hammerdins yet, considering you can go after a non-Pindle A5SU.

^ But it's a multi-region MF tourney... Teleport ftw. :p

I think its time to join to my first MF twincked tourney 😁 Great idea jjscud, i want to use my pure Blizzsorc Ice_Queen for it...

Ohh, just one question:If i understand rules correctly, i need to run all mentioned arreas (Bosses) at least for 10 hours, then i have extra 10 hours for any mentioned target?

Time spent on an area is 10 hours -maximum-, so it's a test of both luck and run-speed, not endurance/lack of a job. Above the 10 hour max, we have 10 "wildcard" hours to spend on areas however we see fit.

Eric Xanthu said:
Time spent on an area is 10 hours -maximum-, so it's a test of both luck and run-speed, not endurance/lack of a job. Above the 10 hour max, we have 10 "wildcard" hours to spend on areas however we see fit.

Thanks for clarifying this, next time i will try to read much better, i promise :embarassed:

Going with my trusty old Fishymancer since we are hitting multiple targets. I will be slower then average on each target compared to a suitable sorceress but overall he should be more stable. I really do hate killing Pindle though, need to check up if there are any other easy to find A5SU.

One question about the ML85 target. Would it be ok to run three of them at once, say Pits, AT and River of flame? Since for a necro, the thing that really slows me down is getting the first skeletons up 😃 Not sure I actually want to do this, just wanted to check.

Good luck all!

Jaago said:
Bleh, D2 and final exams don't mix. :cry:

argh. 3rd person hit with this problem.. =P

nonetheless, good luck to all in the mfo =)

I actually have exams at that time too, but i think i can push 10h from a week.:scratch:

Eric Xanthu said:
Hard to believe no hammerdins yet, considering you can go after a non-Pindle A5SU.
I'm tempted to enter my cheesy enigmadin, but I don't know if I'll have the time yet, the dates are right in the middle of my dissertation deadline and my final year exams.:undecided:

Do eeet. This is in the name of science, man!

MF pentathlon is more important than exams. You ought to know it. 😁

@naab: why some people prefer exmas and not D2. Durnig last MFO I must let important exam for next week for havimg MFO time. 😃

I decided to choose my blizzsorc whitch won me last MFO in area lvl85 category. She was born to winning MF tourneys. 😁

And to add a point, this has got to be the FIRST time that jjscud's dates are not conflicting with exams or holiday time. GG on that. 😁

Thinking about joining (with a hammerdin, so I can brag to Aman about how much better I am than he is).

Need some more time to think about it....been pretty burnt out on D2 lately...

That sounds like a challenge.

Just enter so you can come last like you did last mfo. :p

Since this starts right after my final exams, I am tempted to join myself as I am also currently a bit bored with other games. Alas, I am not sure I have, or will have any characters capable of running all those targets by that date... if I decide to join I will figure it out before the deadline closes. In any case, cool idea scud :)

All hail the mighty DarkChaos. Reload and welcome back to hotel SPFia :)

@DarkChaos: Your presence in tournament would be very nice. Have a good luck with exam.

Just one more (maby stupid :embarassed:) question for clarification...

Which score sheet will be used for WSK + Throne room...Baal or 85 Areas?

Edit:Assuming this is also 85 area, i think logically will be this one, but i need to be sure...

I do not know why WSK could have baal scoring sheet when it is area85 so I think that area 85 score. 😃

I signed my furydruid to table. He is now at lvl80, but I'll try to level him to 84, so he can equip Tomb Reaver, for extra survivability. His end-game gear will have a whopping 0mf, but I'll trust my luck :rolleyes:

Actually, the reason I wanted to participate with furydruid is, that I want to try out, if he is versatile and I want to exp with him. He's the only SC char at the moment, I like playing and in HC I don't have any good chars yet. Also, it seems that this competition is not very melee suited 😁

So, just want to experience this tournament and I'm 99% sure I won't win. I'd like to leave 1% possibility for super lucky drops.

Neksja

edit. Antonio, that's right, forgot that TR has some mf, mine has actually nice amount, 74%. But with TR, I really need that gore riders to help me killing stuff. Gheed's is good one, but my other charms are quite reserved already 😃 Well, I hit 100mf point anyways with gheeds.

Oh a cool event... great idea scud, maybe im in i just have to figure out which character im going to play and ofc waiting for DC to sign up so we can have some comps on irc ^^

Neksja said:
I signed my furydruid to table. He is now at lvl80, but I'll try to level him to 84, so he can equip Tomb Reaver, for extra survivability. His end-game gear will have a whopping 0mf, but I'll trust my luck :rolleyes:
Neksja

Tomby, Gheed Fortune, Nagel, War Travelers and some other MF charms can take you up to 200 MF without much loss in kill power or survivability.

bassano said:
I do not know why WSK could have baal scoring sheet when it is area85 so I think that area 85 score. 😃

Maby the reason is, that i'm not normally running this area at all (WSK + Baal), so this should be great experience for me :wink2:

Yes but I think that you can not claculate items from baals minion to your WSK score and throne is area85 too.

My first SP tournament! this should be great, even though those baal-runs sure look terrifying from my blizzers point of view, but challenges are always welcome.

And before you ask or just think i'm stupid - i intended to make "TasteMyBalls" a frozen orb/fire ball sorc. Now she just seems a bit ridiculous. (well, she won't seem so ridiculous when i have won the tournament... muahahah...)

Yeah, i get it, thats why we have five Areas and not four, right 😁 ?

Anyway i think i will do separated runs for WSK 2/3 and then for Baal and minions (only items from them calculated, not from Throne, i know)...

WSK and Baal runs need to be done separately since they are being timed. And yes, the oters are correct, WSK is a lvl 85 area so it'll be the lvl 85 area score sheet.

I definitely want to join!

I think I would be able to manage 10 hours a week (or at least half or most of that)... the problem is that I don't have any characters that can remotely come close to running those... WSK/Baal in particular are impossible to run for me.

Nobody believes you. Grind up an uberrunner in a day, old man. You are legend.

The problem is that I don't have the gear, or I could do it in a few hours (although this is exam period and I don't have the time I used to anyways... but still!) :badteeth:

I currently have an untwinked Blizzsorc (though not too horribly equipped for untwinked - Oculus, Skullder's, Shako, Tal's Amulet, Gheed's, and the like) and a weak lightning zon, who doesn't have very good gear. Neither character can run WSK/Baal - the Blizzsorc can't even get max resistances as I don't have Tal's Plate yet.

Very nice
Now I have huge motivation more great names DarkChaos and Marvel is the most impressive thing whitch I can see in MF tournament. 😃
I think that you are able to prepare some powerfull char for this tourney. I believed in you.

Ah, no way I'm not entering this one. Norea the Blizzballer is feeling lucky, and could use at least one more level.

I'm in for sure 👍.

Though this time not with typical MFing character :laugh:, well in his current powerful gear he has 75 MF, maybe I could replace some charms with Gheed's and small MF charms, but I will see, I enjoy him how he is. I think only monsters who can kill him are OKs with IM, that's instant death, but I take this risk. *If* I would by any chance push him to 94 I could put point into zeal then, but hm that's not much needed 😁.

This time I don't expect any great drops, but it will be fun for me as always. And great idea with that 10 hours limit for each area, I wouldn't be able to spend more time with d2 this time, this is exactly acceptable for me 😃.

edit: What MF do you think is the minimum for some serious MFing? Probably at least over 100 right?

minimum for serious? I'd say somewhere 250%. But don't increase any mf, I want someone to be my rival :laugh: I'm going to wear 113 mf (Tomb Reaver + Gheeds) with my furydruid within this tournament.

i would aim for 150. That's reachable without sacrificing to much other gear.

Thanks, yea 150 I can have just with putting Gheed's and replacing one ring, I absolutely forgot that I can change one ring for MFing ring. This way I can easily have 151 MF, thats sound's good 😃.

No barbarians? Hmmm, figured an IK barb would do well at this.

My MF is target related. WSK/Minions/Baal will be "quest" gear giving 198 % MF.

Pindle/Meph/85 area will be run in full MF gear, giving 706 % on merc kill. (Guess where my extra hours will be going).
I'll enter, 10 hours a week isn't too hard to manage, and anyway someone's got to help bring the percentage of sorcs down.

I might as well enter....someone needs to finish in last place, might as well be me :wink3:

Switching to a Sorceress. Yes I'm chickening out on my Fishymancer, but after having done some timed test runs, the sorceress beats him hands down at atleast 4 out of 5 targets.
Neksja said:
minimum for serious? I'd say somewhere 250%. But don't increase any mf, I want someone to be my rival :laugh: I'm going to wear 113 mf (Tomb Reaver + Gheeds) with my furydruid within this tournament.

My Baal running rig is just Skullder and Shako (resall in the Shako), so I'm pretty slim...especially for a sorc. For some of the other targets I'll move some things around to jack it up.

jjscud: I couldn't see this in the rules, but do all items found in a specific area count or is it similar to the other MFOs and only the top five count?

It will be top 5 like the MFOs.

Right now I'm looking at the following for scoring

Alvl 85 and Act 5 SU: raw score (Max 50) * 2.

Meph: raw score (Max 100)

Baal: raw score (Max 150) * 2/3

Also, the winner in each of the 5 categories will get 5 bonus points.

I believe that will give a good reward for those who find nice items in each area but not allow you to win just by doing really well in one or two areas. You will have to score decently in all areas to win.

my plan is to stack some serious mf on places that are safe ( pindle meph and ancient tunnels, i think.) That'll result in 550% MF abouts, nagelrings,skullders, oculus and the cookie cutter mf gear.

Problably gonna get up to around 250% for WSK and baal, got to put on some survival gear at that point, so overall my MF will be great.

If I understand good It means that If I will find more than 50 points from my top5 items in area85 I take 50 points? That is a good system beacuse I must run all areas to find something everywhere 👍
It was also tacticall battle with wild 10 hours 😃

Just because my sorcy died, i think its time to replace her with another character for this tourney...Go go, Conan!!

Finished my LF/FA zon, she replaces my pure light zon. Ftw :)

Modest turnout I see :( Better host in holidays?

Quite a crew we have built up for this. I hope I can adjust to this stupid optical mouse by the time things heat up...it's a bear to use for gaming. :(

Well, as a blizzard sorc, im concerned of my baal run times, it looks like 3 minute 30 second's on a decent run to me. more like 4 minutes, though.

Seeing denton's baal run video with some runs at 2:20 which is about as fast as you can go, makes me wonder what you guy's can run at? Am I doing fine at 3.30?

Nontheless, It's not THAT bad, and loads of other place's are actually quite good, so yeah, my blizzard sorc is definitely my best MF'er

3:30 is pretty good. Compare your run times with those of the participants in the Baalathon.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=635019&page=25

EDIT: Just took me 4 minutes. My map is about 2105710295125 teleports, and the throne spawned with Souls... so maybe not the best example.

EDIT 2: Yea, I'm running with my beloved Blizzy. x). She has no problems with /players 1 (first two waves) -> /players 5 (last three waves). Anything more than that is a problem on the merc.

Well, guess 3.30 seem's around in the middle of a good Infinity lightning sorc, and a good Melee build. I shudn't complain, although it's oh so annoying having ghouls and witches each and every time 😃

I actually have a nice AT map atm, and been farming it out... oh, maybe eventually I'll see something else than rare Coronas, Hydra bows Diadems Sacred armours Legendary Mallets and Colossus blades.

Hey, what character do you run with Nagisa? Is it the blizzy you entered?.

I personally love anything not Cold immune at this point, my lightning resists is 75 aswell, though.

Eric Xanthu said:
Quite a crew we have built up for this. I hope I can adjust to this stupid optical mouse by the time things heat up...it's a bear to use for gaming. :(

Ah, come on, even a touchpad will do for D2 ^^

As for this Pentathlon... I think I won't join but I may run alongside Naab, Aman, and Nikon in IRC as I don't think I can devote 10 hours per week to D2, and I don't want to join and then drop out as it would be a lame thing to do. And seeing as Marvel won't join either, I have less incentive to join :(

Sorry, I'm afraid I won't have time for this either. :sad2: I have to chase a promotion that just opened up. 😃

GL to everyone on their runs. 👍
Shame that some names are not in table.

@Gorgrims: My baalrun probalby will be about 3:30 too with my blizzsorc but I will play on P1 beacuse P8 will make me problems in throne. I did only one training baalrun with my blizzsorc. But I will training yet first I start my 10 hours of baalruns. 😃

@RibGriller: Good Luck!

nice nice :) I levelled from 92-93 on player 8 minions player 1 baal, and player 8 AT myself yesterday 👅 I have it on player 1 in throne to clear monsters then player 1 Unravaller Achmel wave, because It's annoying to use corpse explosion 10 times when their hp is so big.

As baalruns go, minion drop's don't count though, right? for a tournament I guess it would be useless to have higher player setting.

Per the posted rules:

These are WSK + Throne Room (not minions or Baal), Meph, Baal (+ minions), Act5SU, Level 85 area (your own choosing but not WSK).

So yes...the minions do count...

Here's a minor update instead of repetitive answers.

Ok, the first area, WSK, will end a day earlier. Results will be due 24 hours later, midnight my time (GMT -7).

I will allow late submissions but I will penalize them (5 points probably) and I will select the event winner only from submissions turned in on time. Of course, if you have a serious conflict, contact me ahead of time.

Also, partially for my own sake, I've been looking at stopwatch programs and here are the ones i like best.

Super Simple Stopwatch (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (shareware).

I like the last one the best but it says it has some limitations beyond just the nag screen so I'm hesitant to use it without some testing

Uh, im sorry. Im just abit slow today, thanks for pointing it out that minion's do count =), it owuld be a tedious affaire clearing to baal if drops on minion's didnt help any

I have a fairly dire record in MFO's and I doubt I'll hit 10 hours but I'm running Baal anyway so ... I might as well. Popping off to Pindle or Thresh during a (non counting) Baal run is hardly a hardship.

Go

Really, start.

I'm reposting with all the info and a few clarifications. Also, Since the time limit is fixed, starting a day early won't give anyone more time so you can go ahead and start if you want to.

Rules/Info

1. One Single Char per player and only one entry per player. You may change gear as you wish.

2. Five Targets ("Events"). Each must be completed by a specific date. You may change maps between each event or even part-way through an event. just remember to start/stop your time, if you're not "on the clock" and find a great find, it doesn't count. Also, targets cannot be combined (WSK + Baal) since each needs its own time.

Events - End Dates

WSK - May 3th
Meph - May 11th
Baal+minions - May 18th
Act5SU - May 25th
Area 85 -June 1st

Results will need to be to me ([email protected]) or by PM before midnight my time (GMT -7) on the following day.

3. Time Fame. This event will take place over 6 weeks. It will start Saturday the 19th of April and end on the 1st of June (Go ahead and start if you want)

5. Scoring will be based on the MFO score sheets below. Tops 5 items with the following maths to normalize it:

Alvl 85 and Act 5 SU: raw score (Max 50) * 2.

Meph: raw score (Max 100)

Baal: raw score (Max 150) * 2/3

Also, the winner in each of the 5 categories will get 5 bonus points.

If you get your score in late, I will take 5 penalty points per day. (Please just get it in on time)

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

6. Scores will be fully disclosed after each Event. No other progress updates will be made between Events.

7. Time. 10 hours per event + 10 hours to use in any event you wish. You may divide the extra 10 hours among multiple events if you wish.

8. Prizes. I will be handing out trophies [1.11b SC Vanilla] to the top 3.

Also, partially for my own sake, I've been looking at stopwatch programs and here are the ones i like best.

Super Simple Stopwatch (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (shareware).

I've tested the last one further and it appears that the nag screen is the only limitation.

Woot!

Enjoy losing, nooblin- er, good luck to everyone! :afro:

@jjscud: Do we keep track of every qualifying drop, or just the top 5? (ie. When you want results, do you want everything or just 5 items for every area/boss?)

@omg: At least our items don't talk to us. >_>.

Shh, shh, don't cry. Nagisa is just a meanie. *pets Windforce #5*

NagisaFurukawa said:
@jjscud: Do we keep track of every qualifying drop, or just the top 5? (ie. When you want results, do you want everything or just 5 items for every area/boss?)

I only want the top 5 reported back to me. Of course you can never be too certain of what will be your top 5 and many others are interested in some other stats, especially # qualifiers, but I only require the top 5.

jjscud said:
Go

Really, start.

Wow, extra day and I have it almost completely free :jig: Helps me to get started and gives a lot easier hours for me, I salute for that.

Good luck on everybody, I'm 99% not going to win, but I will try my best. 60%mf is Fair's number at the moment and she's at lvl89. Hopefully 3+ higher when this pentathalon ends 👍

*Wsk it is*

great stuff! i also have this day off, so plenty of time to do some WSK.

See you on the other side... of my huge pile of elite uniques..

Due to time concerns, I didnt have enough time to get my blizzballer to a suitable level. Level 79 and stuck in early act 4 = not good for WSK runs. Guess I'll have to use my good ol' FO/CL sorc.

Low Key, how you're stuck in lvl79 act4? :shocked: My blizzballer killed Baal at lvl78 (IIRC) and I didn't have any problems. Also, notice that there's two weeks for the first "deadline". Plenty of time to get your sorc to WSK 👍

Gotta admit, my blizzballer is having issues in WSK /p8, but I'm not lowering player settings 👅

edit.

First qualifier from WSK scored and I have to say, WOW. :rolleyes:

Well, stuck is a little wrong choice of words. I just dont enjoy playing her. I've disliked the character from the start, to be honest. It feels like I'm playing a weaker version of a blizzy or meteorb. 👅

Might be my equipment, though. As much as Tal's is great for survivability and MF, my damage is way too low to my liking. 3k Fireballs and 3.6k Blizzard doesnt cut it at anything higher than players 3.

Well, I'm running 6k FB damage and just today gained level90 and got my blizz damage to 4k. Not very fast char, but I like her a lot.

Okay, more running, less spamming.

good luck to all runners 👍
maybe this evening I will start with some WSK run 😃

@jjscud: can we post some screens of our scoring drops here or It should be secret so as in MFO? thanks

I would prefer to keep it quite until the end of that event. But scoring will be posted after each event so you may post screenies then.

If you're following close to the schedule then that shouldn't mean hiding anything for more than a few days but if you get ahead then it may have more impact.

Ok I think that wil be better and more interesting with this system but I only want be sure in this think 😃

edit: I just tried first 10 minutes of pentathlon make 9 WSK runs(I am running only part of WSK2 I have very nice map with 5-7 bosspacks on half of WSK2 area). I tested stopwatch program whitch you posted here and it is nice especially when I am playing in window and always I can see my time. 😃

Hmm this isn't going well. I've almost done 2 hours of WSKing and ... it's not going well. I've worked out that although I can run Baal/minions at p8, the WSK itself is just too much of a PitA for that.

That last stopclock you linked to is outstanding, jj.

Oh well. Back to killing stuff tomorrow. 😃 Good luck everyone.

I agree, WSK is a big ol' pita. It seems like I can't get any kind of stable boss placement and numbering, and of course the stuff will hit you like a ton of bricks. Is it fun? Heck yeah. Is it fast/profitable? Not for newbs like me.

45 minutes done and I've already got 2 Venom Wards:undecided:

My WSK map's quite nice on level 3, the density of boss packs is very high in certain places, but that can lead to some problems, nearly getting my Hammerdin's entrails splattered all over the floor by a combination of an ES, Fanat, Cursed Frenzytaur boss, some Champion Frenzytaurs and an OK boss with Might being one of those.

I doubt I stand a chance of beating all the pure blizz sorcs on the level 85 areas, but I shouldn't do too badly on the WSK/Baal areas, so far apart from a couple of scares it's been quite easy. I've managed to pack quite a bit of MF on, although having a maximum 9 frame teleport speed will slow my runs down:tongue:

Edit: Make that 3 Venom Wards

Aw, you all started, been gone this friday and thursday, so im hoping to play saturday afternoon. I find that just teleporting rapidly across and checking which monster spawns is my best bet, problem beeing that I lost my bonehew and can't blow up cold immunes, :cry: Hate leaving a useful item on the ground because you had no room, had to rearrange items, and ended up quitting before realising you still had stuff on the ground at stash.

anyway, with that said, time to start up the first hour for me.

Edit: Would somebody be so kind to send me a spare Bonehew, please? a 1.11B RRW/RRM one would be fine.

I've lost the one I had, and I just had that 1, It's pretty much my bread and butter, that i use against cold immunes and charge up with gheeds + chancies gold find amplifying champion drops pretty well.

If they could, it would be most helpful, otherwise i guess Im gonna visit meph before doing timed runs.

Hello Conviction soul, twice, in a row. :cry: managed to not die at all, though.

I'm really in a tight spot without a Bonehew, it seem's like Oblivion knight's are making level 3 impossible, all the variying mobs are fine, but hate it if you're forced to walk by because you can't kill them.

ps. Anybody with a spare Bonehew?

This isn't a trade thread.

Gorgrims you have received an infraction for innappropriate trading. Go and look in the SPTF for Giveaway threads. Plus this is an MFO. It won't kill you to run Memph with your sorc to find a bonehew or items to trade one for. That is really quite unaccpetable. I'm sure someone will swap you a Bonehew for your CoH if you're really desparate.

Similarly, the correct response is not to send him an item but to direct him to a giveaway/trade thread in the SPTF.

Took a stupid death in WSK...fingers did not compute "drink purple now prz" against black souls. Man I hate those things.

Nothing like a little WSK to knock the rust off of a player. Man am I looking to those later stages of put-you-to-sleep-easy runs.

boo hoo, deaths for people. :rolleyes:

I've died now 5 times and managed to gain two levels (okay, from 89 to 91). It's not that bad, unless you're in level 95 and almost gaining a level-up...

Not going good. Used 4 hours to WSK and got 2 qualifiers, but my 60mf is not very effective, as you can see. Small charms are everywhere but no +2strength one so I could swap one mana sc to strength and use temporarily WT's and get 49% extra.

Hopefully, I get 3 more qualifiers so I can give results top5. If not, I might have to use some of my extra time in WSK and its not my favorite place to be. *waiting for finish WSK and getting Baalruns started*

Sorry, I was rather tired beeing 3-4 AM, I must've sound pretty desperate, I didn't realise either that I had posted twice in a row both about that thing.

I completed the first hour, and had 2 qualifiers, btw, 345% mf though. With the oblivion knights and such, I'm also hoping for some Ancient tunnel love ;)

I'm level 95 and halfway to leveling.

okay, then it's acceptable to rant a little because of death.

I just got my runner to 97 so that I don't need to worry much about dying (and losing exp) when doing MF-runs 👅

*goes to equip lightsorc with MF gear and starts Pentathlon runs*

I'm doing okay with pure fire so far in WSK. Those FI Frenzytaurs are annoying, especially when the entire floor spawns full of them, so I'm losing some time from S&E.

But... 0 deaths with ~230 MF, and 3 (low scoring) qualifiers 30 minutes in. :wink2:

Yeah, Black Souls are a pain, I had to swap out my razortail for tgods and I can barely make a mad dash for WSK 1 when they spawn. If they don't spawn though I usually just run wsk 2. I should start adding wsk3 if there are no OMs.

Rofl. I forgot completely about level 1 WSK. Gonna try that out, on the black souls topic: If you're careful blizzard takes care of them fine, it's just tedious when they teleport around. Should they have conviction it scares me alot, and I go about very very slowly / carefully.

I played 1 hour 32 mins, and still at 2 Qualifiers that arent very special :azn: Playing on p1 all the time, yet still got like 10 million worth of EXP from 93-94.

Edit: not really beeing careful, died loads... ran out of gold. 3 qualifiers @ 2 hours 15 min.

Level 1 WSK is pretty dangerous, lancers and sirens are nasty.

I only was able to do one run last night...only one qualifier.....but it came on my 2nd boss pack...so i was happy *laughs*

Only doing WSK 2 and 3...seems to work better for me....and i am pretty quick......if only those OKs were such a pain.

Today I played heroes 3 and for this I was not able running WSK but tomorrow I will run some WSK more. First hour whitch I made yesterday brought me 4 or 5 qualifiers (I do not know exactlly that number beacuse some of qualifiers are not interesting for me and I let them in WSK 😃 ). I found two nice non qualifiers for now: natalya boots with 25% cold and lightning resist and HoZ
For now I met only once combo gloams and conviction but for my luck I killed them without problems. With tgods and CTA is WSK2 quite safety for me. Only problems make me ampliffy damage beacuse charge of vipers in WSK2 hurts me enough. 😃
I am lvl95 and half now and I want try be lvl96 after pentathlon but It will be hard.

I think i am going to have to withdraw guys...thought I was going to have enough time...but some stuff popped up at work and heck been spending most of my weekend working on it...and it's going to be like this for a couple weeks...good luck to everyone!

Gloamy day yesterday, hope it gets better today. It's not that they're too hard to put down, wasted 2conv packs, 1x 2 packs with conv mummies and 2 with conv vipers (if only the loot was that hot), but they drop crap. Same issue I have with vipers and flayers, they die easily, but their no-drop is about 80% on p1. I like bores and OKs the most atm, the normal variant seems to drop ok.
Found 2 qualifiers and some stuff I wasn't sure about and didn't take with me. Must say it's quite the experience not doing an MF tourney with something other than sorc or hammerdin, much more fun. If only my merc were 5 lvls higher and didn't waste himself on IM every other run ^^ [/rant]

Having a ball with the zon, GG tourney so far.

First hour in, 0 qualifiers at 300% MF. I hate WSK. 👅

My merc gets IM deaths at ridicilous rates. Then again he has a ner perfect 1.07 eth insight and Fortitude. Thats alot oh damage coming back.

First run, conviction gloams? Shouldn't have pleaded for less, so bring 'm on! :p +edit another pack of convicted defilers + lightning magi ^^

2 hours, 1 qualifier (a yucky one...), 15019275019251 merc deaths. I think I got Souls on at least 30% of the runs. SIGH.

Unlike silly nepeta, I love the Flayers. They're the easiest to kill...

EDIT: Post 300, and currently at 5.55 posts a day. <3 spam and pretty numbers.

Decided to do some gear changes and got my mf to whopping 121%.

WSK still going pretty bad. 5hours and still 2 qualifiers. Although, last 2 hours gave me more set and uniques than the first 3 hours, but I'm not looking for Sigon's or Berserker's. White Corona's and stuff flying around :sad:

Been doing short Pindle sessions between WSK, to break boringness. 1hour Pindle done and just got my first qualifier, tc87 :jig:

back to running, getting closer to lvl92

Meh. Having problems with my comp. I'll probably need to reinstall windows tonight.

Hope I'll be able to catch up next week!

@ Neksja, you timed your pindle runs? thought you'd have to wait till WSK was finished.

OT: I got inspired by you and went by pindleskin and was really lucky, got a new TC87 unique ( Gut siphon yipeee ) and a trang ouls belt in 25 minutes, wow ;o

@Gorgrims

I understood that you can run in what order you want, only thing is that after those "event end dates" you can't get anything from those "closed" events. So yes, I timed my Pindleruns. And I'm almost 6hours in WSK, so I'm going to be head of schedule. Actually, I have to because I don't have much time in end part of the schedule.

Nope, the only limits I've placed are when events have to be completed and the time you can spend on them.

Also, sorry, Gut Siphon isn't tc87

As for me, I found 3 qualifiers in my first 3 hours but have found another 5 in the second 3. I also switched out gear to make my char safer, plus I have a very quick exit to WSK 1 if I come across gloams. Still, I'm looking at 10-15 qualifiers here and I hit about 80 in a recent MFO and still didn't break 50 points.

Well, I didnt time pindleskin runs, so in terms of this tournament it is irrelevant.

Bummer @ Gut siphon not beeng tc 87 though, thought it was really rare.

Thanks for clearing it up btw, although i'll just stick to doing WSk 2 hour a day for the next 4 days and then see what happens. might time the pindle runs as it would be my act5 super unique anyway.

Btw, tryng to get money to repair my mercenary, I identified a really cool low level axe, check the IFT :O

I've managed 8 hours so far, but will not be able to complete the last two until Tuesday.

I put the mercenary in his MF gear and he has managed to stay on his feet. I've had to stay in non-MF gear for gloam related reasons and have also stayed alive. Total on mercenary kill is around 400 %. This has netted above 5 qualifiers so at least I am on the scoreboard :evil:

Managed to break the Level 92 barrier and am making steady progress to 93.

Good luck to everyone 👍

Yei!

Fair is lvl92 now, 7,5 hours of WSK done. Also, very "lucky" 1,5h because I got two qualifiers. Now I have 4 qualifiers and 2 are the same 😃 1 more qualifier and I get top5 and my goal is fullfilled from WSK.

I want try to catch 50 points from WSK but it will hard. I think that I will invest some wild hours for this category to find some nice TC87 😃

darn it, just missed the hour mark. But I decided to make 2 more runs before going to sleep. Scored last qualifier (from the 5) and it was a GRAILER!

edit. Had to check and yes, it was a grailer. Got me to 24 missing items.

Going to drop out of this, as RL is not allowing me to do it. And basically, i can't find the motivation atm.

I've done five hours in the WSK and frankly ... I'm not a happy sausage. Ok, my *overwhelming* MF might just be hampering me. I dunno. It might. Maybe carrying 67 MF is too much and I should focus on kill speed, but ... *sigh* it just isn't going well.

The idea of running WSK 1 was an outstanding one, whoever mentioned it first. I was only doing 2 & 3. I've also started S&E on monsters who I feel don't drop anything. IE Gloams, succubi and also OKs - just because.

I think I'm going to hit 10 hours on the WSK. I wasn't expecting a good score and I think I'm going to be at the bottom of the scores, but I'm in it for the xp. Now if I can stop dying, (4 times at level 93 is not funny), it'll be great.

broke 8hour mark in WSK, propably will finish that event today, but at last tomorrow and move on to Mephi. Unless, I'm close to getting a level 93, I'll run Pindle/AT because I'll run Mephi at /p1, unlike other places (/p8).

Once again, one last run pays off and gave me 6th qualifier, very very nice one, but it's score :shocked: Can't believe that item has such a score. Well, I should be happy for what I gotten this far 👅

I managed 5 hours of WSK (1+2, in WSK 3 I just check if there are OKs and if not then I have a look there as well) for now, I play /p3, which seems to me ideal as regards to the ratio killing speed/drops. I have 7 qualifiers, but the quality, hm how to describe that - I didn't have to bother myself to make any screenshot 😁.

I think smiter is quite gogo for WSK, I'm very pleasantly suprised how fast he can be. (Once more thanks to colony for trading Exile, without that it would be rather pain I guess, and those 25 MF there rule :wink3:).

I also did 2 hours of Meph, /p3. I had luck to find great map quite quickly, I changed gear a little bit to have ~410 MF here and I am satisfied with result up to now. For sure sorcs are faster, but with vigor I'm quite quickly down and one teleport over the moat (amulet) and Meph is quickly done.

I only run WSK 2. I have a great map, where I dont have to repeat any part twice. None of the monsters present any trouble to me, except the frenzied hell boars that never drop anything. I reroll the map if I get those.

This way I avoid all the really nasty monster spawns. And since all the WSK areas are alvl 85, the drops are exactly same on every level. I get a little more loading times, but overall its worth it for survivability.

(edit) Drops are being hilariously bad, though. 2 white Coronas, 1 blue Spiderweb Sash, 1 rare Spiderweb Sash, 1 blue Unearthed Wand. 0 qualifiers, a stupid amount of normal s/u's.

(edit2) And now I got a 4os, 13% ED Superior Caduceus with +2 to Cleansing.

I will be spending time after WSK and before Meph trying to get a good map (current Hell one is terrible) and, more importantly, a suitable amulet. Otherwise I will be taking the long walk around and my times will be horrendous.

I've had a couple before and sold them (hindsight is marvelous ain't it?) and can't remember where they dropped. What would be the best area to try to find one? (Playing self-found, so I'm not dropping begging hints :wink3:)

@Atil: I gambled most of my amulets with teleport charges, and 2 I crafted. But gambling seems to me the best for this purpose.

huh.

WSK done. 10 hours behind and I will definitely not going back 😁 I'll propably spend my extra hours to AT and Baal, hopefully more Baal. But it was nice "run" in WSK.

I'm not sure whether we should tell any information, but I'll tell you that I'll settle for 9 qualifiers. Last two hours were nice, raised my score a little (I guess, haven't checked yet). Some notes:
-Found 2 failed unique Scissors Suwayahh, why there's no unique :cry:
-Highest rune: Fal (found 15min before the 10h mark)
-Two skillers found, Acrobatic and Lion Branded, both plain
-Gathered 43 pgems

That's that, I'll go hunt down Mephi. Have a nice map also, max 5 teleports to DoH3.

jjscud, do you want the results to your PM box or mailbox? (in case mailbox, addy?)

50 points is pretty optimistic.Even if you can get yourself a map with the same boss/time ratio then in AT you should except like 1-2 TC87Us from 10 hours...

Yeah 50 point will be very hard but I can run 15-20 hours of WSK and killing speed there I have only few worse than in AT and during MFO I had more than 2 TC87 every 10 hours and if I will have luck and I will found one very nice TC87 item then I do not need TC87 anymore 😃

@low key: loading time is a minimum if you have quite good computer beacuse when you killed 6-8 bosspacks in WSK2 during 1-2 minutes (I do not know your kiing speed) then few seconds during loading is quite good 😃

@sequana:nice score you have for now almost in number of qualifiers with this number of MF 👍

jjscud, sent the results from WSK to your mail 👍

1,5h Mephi done, one semi-decent qualifier, but rest has been crappy. I think I'm going to be quite weak competing in Mephisto. 128mf ain't going to be very effective so I might chance some gear. Could easily raise my mf by 100...

Oh, also changed my goal in this tournament. As 500 is max amount of points (ok, 525 if you win every category), I'm going to try to get 250+ points. Should be pretty easy, if I'll continue this route.

almost 4 Hours done, and i was really happy, since I got a item with a high score which was a grailer, in this last hour I've found 3 qualifiers, i've got 6 now.

Raven Bite
Scissors Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 103 to 132
Durability: 147 of 204
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 64
[cut for length.]

lol.

9.5 hours in with 3 qualifiers. Yup... Don't count me out though. ;).

EDIT: Okay. I give up. 3,000,000 in merc revivals for WSK. Emailing you the results now jjscud. I'm just happy to have even hit 5...

Bummer. I'm longing for that elusive Griffon's / Windforce, I found atleast 15 blue and 4 rare diadems, but no uniques. In total in my time playing that is.

I also got a fair bit of rare hydra bows, Hope this tournament might help me get one of them, kinda why i joined.

@ failed tc87 uniques, :cry: I had a failed set Dimensional shard aswell as a Archon staff from ages ago. :p

I've already had two yellow Sacred Armor drops in the WSK. If only I packed a bit more MF...

I'm done 4 hours of WSK. Still 3 qualifiers only. I think I might actually have to do 10.

Thanks sequana, it's so long since I did any that I forgot about gambling for one.

(I will probably not win the individual targets or overall competition, but I appear to be in the lead to grab the tournament n00b award 👅)

damn you WSK!

not only do i really don't have enough time on my hands (studying...), i just got unreal tournament 3 as a birthday present AND my sorc doesn't do very well in WSK and have only found 1 qualifier in 3 hours of playtime.

... i'll catch up when it comes to meph, pindle and AT!

today morning first then I went to school I played 1 and half hour of WSK and it brought me only death. http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/266/screenshot001xf7.jpg
I met very bad combination of bosspacks. :cry:
lvl96 is now far for me.
No qualifiers more. Now I have 3:30 hours of WSK with 3 qualifiers

Just a quick clarification, WSK is a level 85 area and so it uses the level 85 score sheets.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that before.

I've finished my 10 hours of WSK and managed 13 qualifiers. I also just found a near perfect meph map and test ran him a few times. I'm looking forward to starting him later today.

Edit: As for dying, I did alot early on. I didn't want to swap in enough gear to run WSK safely, though it improved a bunch after the ~2 hour mark when I got sick of it and increased my resists a little and added in TGods. I don't think I had more than a few deaths after that.

lol. I is dumb. I'll be throwing more hours into WSK then.

On a side note, 13!?!?!?! *jealous*

Managed an hour tonight, leaving me just one left in WSK. Reasonably pleased with my score so far. I don't think the final hour will improve it, but you never know. I have been running this at P3 giving a good speed/pack density/experience combination.

I have done one and half hour now and I found 5 qualifiers. But with only one of them I am satisfied andI think that will be in my top5. Now just 5 hours WSK with 8 qualifiers. Shame that death came for me again but for my luck I picked up my body.

Mephi running has been decent, if you count nonqualifiers (2 mara's), but if you check my qualifiers, MEHHH! about 30 qualifiers (haven't picked up any Bonehew's, IK maul's and stuff like that) and my top5 score at the moment is very low. Raised my MF to ~170% and been running almost 5hours now. I propably have to use 1-2 extra hours for Mephi, if my score stays below my goal..

Finished WSK and result sent via e-mail.

Now on to amulet gambling and Meph-map rolling.

8 hours of Mephi done, finishing him today. But my score, propably the lowest there is, because I've gathered more gold in millions than my score is. And I'm way too bored to run Mephi, so I won't spend extra hours on him. Still, he gave me a cold facet which is grailer so everything is still cool 😃

hopefully the last 2 hours gives a little improvement. Going to run P3 and with 300 mf.

I ran WSK with my "meph gear" (=~410 MF) and only qualifier which I found in 1 hour and 45 minutes yesterday was Dagoon's Teaching :sad2: (I know we shoudn't say anything before end of event, but I just hate this qualifier the most, much more than IK SC :rolleyes:).

At least I didn't die up to now, so it seems I could beat lvl 94 in the end of tourney 😃.

I rolled a very good map, but I have to visit Pindle's garden to raise the army first, so my runs are taking 90 seconds at P1 :shocked:

On a brighter note, I can survive in full MF gear (708 %). I tried different tactics and settings during non-counting runs so the Thunderstoke I found does not qualify. (Hopefully better stuff will drop anyway 😃)

Mephisto done, last 2 hours gave me 2 (!!) qualifiers and both came in last 8 minutes, last one at last minute. Both improved my score, but the improvement was 0.6 points 😁 Well, I ain't sending results yet, you never know if you're so bored that you can run mephi for 15 minutes :laugh:

Started to run AT, ran for 49minutes, 1 qualifier. Then noticed that the Baal category should be completed after Mephi (I mean the end date), so I'm going to move there. Good thing is, I got my blizzballer to lvl93, so I'm looking to get lvl94 during this tournament 😃 So small gear changes to wear her baal gear, carries 39mf, but I don't care.

Oh, forgot to mention that now I have 3:30 done at Pindle. 5 qualifiers, but 3 of them is very decent for me. I wouldn't be disappointed if that would be my top5 at the end :rolleyes:

Back to running, GL all the others.

I've started to get a bit more into this now, 4 hours of WSK runs and I've got 11 qualifiers, not all of them complete junk. It is quite nice to be able to load up on MF (currently using about 430) and still have max'ed fire and light resist, as well as also being able to kill everything except Frenzytaurs in a couple of hits. It seems to take me an average of about 80 seconds per run to kill 7-10 boss packs on p1, which isn't too bad.

@Atil: that's some sweet WSK map you have there 👅 Are the boss-pack spawns indeed so "static"? How does your necro fare against councils - or do you have some teleport charges to pass them by?

@sequana: one can never have enough Dangoon's maces :hide:

There I've finished Meph for now. I'm still waiting to see where I'm the most deficient and then will toss in some extra hours there.

Edit: Just for reference, I times several runs running through Kurast Docks and Several going back to A4 and going back to A4 was consistently 8 seconds faster for me.

Also made my first youtube video last night:

Why I don't use the moat trick.

Now of to baal, with a Zon I think this area will be difficult without teleport (I swaped CtA for Naj's Puzzler that I used on Meph). But I found 4 qualifiers in the first hour (none great) and at that rate I may have a chance of doing decent.

7-10 bosspacks is very nice score beacuse is a simillar score whitch I have with my blizzsorc beacuse I have 5-7 bosspacks in 50-60 seconds

@jjscud: nice lvl of your chars you have on your video 😃

Not having to deal with immunities helps a lot, but having 700 less life and only 60% block instead of 75% from before I swapped most of my charms for MF SCs and changed a few items does have a noticeable effect. Being hit by certain things will put me into hit recovery more often now, really messing up my teleporting.

I am going to miss the power of a pure blizz sorc against Meph, I'll to have to do some testing to see if using Smite with a good weapon's faster than just sticking with hammers.

There are no boss-packs between the Waypoint and the entrance to Mephy's place. At the moment I am running past the council members as I haven't found a teleport amulet yet, hence the long time. If I haven't found one by the weekend, I'll start officially timing as I am now more worried about dropping something good and not being able to count it :undecided:.

Finally got windows re-installed on this comp. Phew. Didn't realize that my BIOS didn't recognize the DVD-drive I'd bought about a year ago, meh.

Oh my, I totally forgot about Naj's Puzzler and I'm using stupid amulet for running Meph. Now I did one test run with Naj's (I never used Naj's before) and it's really gogo, so I can have MF amulet or Mara's.
Hm and with full powerful gear I could use it also for baal instead of CtA, I will try it later.

Thanks jjscud for posting that video, it helped me :laugh:👍.

jjscud: I've got to withdraw from this. My urge to play D2 is next to nothing right now, and I've done a total of three runs so far due to lack of time/desire. Hopefully the next MF tournament happens when I'm into playing the game more.

I can't tell for sure, but did you leave a guardian angel and a green ammy on the ground?

Also you could speed up your run a couple seconds by stashing your players setting. Just enter /players1 like 10 times when you first start up diablo. Then when you join a new game all you have to do is press enter, up arrow, enter. That way you don't have to type it in every game. Then when you want to change for meph its just: enter, up arrow, backspace, 5 (or whatever players setting you want, looks like that zon could go to 8 without much of a problem :wink3:), enter.

when you join new game players setting rest from last game so you do not need write nothing 😃

Yes, I did. I rarely pick up green ammys. I have enough Tals Ammys for the sorcs I use and its too annoying to ID a bazillion Civerbs. The GA, I also have enough, I might normally check for an eth one but I was more interested in speed at the moment.

As for the players settings, I wanted to type it in for the video, bassano is right, otherwise its only once per session.

@Ray: thanks for the heads up

I made some run today and I just have 8 hours of WSK with 15 qualifiers but I am stil waiting for decisive drop 😁
Tomorrow I probably will finish 10 hours and I will send score to jjscud and then I probably use some extra hours for improve my score if will be necesary.

Been tweaking a bit. You might remember be mentioning my heavy-MF gear, well I decided to change it.

Since the Fortitude my merc was wearing went for a walk *looks at one of Mungo's barbarians*, he needed new armour. I tried lionheart and then thought, stuff it, let's try Skullers. So he now has a whopping 116%MF.

By swapping some of the large shimmering charms for a small one and nicking .... borrowing .... the perfect Amber SC of Good Luck Mungo found a few days ago(👍), and removing any free space in my inventory, my character's MF is also 116%. Ok not great but it's better than 67%.

I shan't be spending my extra hours here.

Broke 7h mark at WSK - I already reached my goal in score but I hope I can inrease it a bit during those 3 hours :azn:
I don't really like WSK running so I think I won't be putting extra time into it.
Hopefully I can start looking for Meph map tomorrow :rolleyes:

My results after 10 hours of WSK sent to jjscud. In last 2 hours only small improvement of score but for a now my score can not satisfied me. Total 17 qualifiers during that 10 hours.
Now I am going to run some wild hours for drop almost one TC87 whitch can make my score almost competitive. 😃

Completed 3 teleport-less hours with Mephisto. Drop rate is good, 7 qualifiers in the last hour and quality steadily improving. Experience bar has ground to a virtual standstill since leaving WSK, but I hope to be at leat 93 and a good bit by the end of it all. Charon has also now overtaken Christof as my highest level character.

WSK runs compeleted and results sent to jjscud. Managed to improve my score a little during the last 3 hours.
I really hate finding those highend failed S/U:s...
Here's one example:

Dimensional Shard of Warding
One-Hand Damage: 30 to 53
Durability: 64 of 100
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 66
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x67239c17
+33 to Life
Magic Damage Reduced by 1

EDIT: Found great map for Meph runs on 5:th try 😁
It's quite hard to get better than that - clicky :cool:

After 11,5 hours of pain and toil I finally found my long expected item for top5 and I decided to finish with WSK.
Total score of WSK is 18 qualifiers and 3 deaths.
Now I am going to release from D2 for some day and then I will start easy and rest part of pentathlon named mephisto. 😃
Final score sent to jjscud.

Finally finished my 10 hours at WSK too,got a gul rune from a gloam pack in the last run.Think im ok with my pretty bad score,i don't like wsk enough to run extra hours in it. Got alot of qualifiers(over 20,14 picked up), but not alot of quality...

Now to roll a gg Meph map.

Ok, closed the book on WSK at the 9.5 hour mark. I have to say, I learned a lot about running that area even in just ~10 hours, and I did pick up a few nice non-qualifiers (5/5 fire, vermilion of carnage jewel, some rares). On to Meph and better days!

Also quit at the 9.5 hour mark. Score wasn't going to improve, so we'll call it a day there.

I completed 10 hours in WSK and 10 hours of Meph as well. In dependance on my let's say funny results (I don't want to use word poor :laugh:) I decided to do one more hour of Meph and as many hours in WSK as I will manage to do until Wednesday when I need to send results (then I will be probably without internet for while).

No matter what I'm already at least a bit satisfied with my finds - found these sweets.

Hehe and also I scored my first death - classical combination of covn+souls in WSK, fortunatelly I managed rescue my corpse.

2 hours of Baaling done, 2 qualifiers, neither very impressive. At least I get some score 👅 Exp is about 2 millions/run, so about 40 runs to level up, unless I die. No big danger yet, but you never know when it comes. But I really think, I can get to lvl94, 80 millions to go and I have still 8 hours of Baaling, 6 hours of Pindle and 9 hours of AT, should give me enough for level.

Everyone, once again GL, if you're at Baal. You're going to need it.

I suffered a cripppling injury: blood blister under the nail of my right index finger (I am right-handed). No D2 for a few days for me. :sad:

I've gotten 5.5 hours of WSK done. Pretty smooth action, running lvl 2 only. I get about 6 packs on the average. 6 qualifiers so far, one of them quite good.

I finished just 4 hours in WSK to this moment, but what makes me really said is the fact, that some TC 87 items are not much valuable for this tourney (speaking about points)...However i found these runs relativelly safe and my merc is doing much better then i thought...He died only twice in four hours, thats really good...

Hopefully my barb can survive this tourney :wink3:

I finished WSK (13 hours here) and Meph (11 hours here) and both sets of results just sent to jjscud.

Those additional hours helped a bit, fortunatelly 😃, but still mainly in WSK my score is rather low. But true is that I didn't expect anything higher here (I only dreamed about some miracle which didn't come :rolleyes:). If I take it as result of MFing with smiter, I am satisfied 😃.

Also finished running (literally) Mephisto and results sent. 10 hours, 27 qualifiers, 18 million XP, 0 deaths.

Taking a break now until Baal's week actually starts (my weakest event, but at least the XP will be good).

Ok, finger is mostly healed and I'm going to make up for lost time on Mephisto. Looking forward to the WSK results tomorrow!

WSK done

Time for meph

Just an early update, I have scores from the following:

Aman
Atil
Bassano
Callador
colony
Eric Xanthu
Jjscud
Naab
NagisaFurukawa
Neksja
San
Sequana
Thyiad

If you have send me your score and its not listed here, PM me or email again ([email protected]) I'll be extra careful for the next few days not to clear out my spam without quickly looking through it first.

Of course if you haven't sent in your score, there's still most of the weekend, about 2 days and 7 hours to get it in.

jj can you confirm what I sent you was ok? IE score, atma readouts. Do you need us to send in the score * weighting or is plain ok?

Everything I've got so far is fine. I'll contact someone directly if there's ever a concern. Also I'm dumping the scores in a spreadsheet and its calculating the final so the raw scores everyone is giving me are just great.

I'll give you my load in a few hours.

7 hours of meph done and somethink about 850 runs
for now I have nice jewelery (4 facets one of them 5/-5 fire,5 nice rings and 2 nice amulets)
I have 5 quite good scoring items but still no important one whitch can give me score near 100 points 😃

@jjscud:Results from WSK sended already...

Final results - 15 qualifiers, 2 bonus hours used, nothing really exciting 👅

@jjscud:
We send you our top 5 for each category, correct? I still have three hours to go, but I'll prolly just use up one more and send it.

Completed my WSK (8.5 hours). Not much improvement during the last couple of hours, and I'm happy with my score as it is. It wasn't really a productive place for me, but there's one drop I had that was very very very disappointing.

Results:
12 Qualifiers
3 Skillers
2 Leet SC
2 Meh Rares
1 Leet Jool

WSK completed and result sent in to jjscud via PM.
7,5 hours with 6 qualifiers.

RL is really making itself noticeable on this tournament :/
The good part is that I'm atleast halfway through the Meph runs. The bad ones is that there is no chance I will be able to put in close to 10 hours each on the rest.

I'll just have to hope my good luck gives me the scores I need anyhow :p

Sent via email. Only 6 hours or so with 9 qualifiers. Real life is taking a heavy toll on this tourney for me.

Top 5 for Memphython part sent. 9 hours 55mins on the clock. Now to de-MF for Baal.

Were we still going to get results as stages are completed? Not a rush, I'm just curious.

Ok, I'm closing this category and putting together results in 8 hours from the time of this post.

Here's who I have so far.

Aman
Atil
Bassano
Belcarl
Callador
colony
Eric Xanthu
Jjscud
Lowkey
Naab
NagisaFurukawa
Neksja
Nikon
omg
RIP
San
Sequana
Thyiad

If you have send me your score and its not listed here, PM me or email again ([email protected]) I'll be extra careful for the next few days not to clear out my spam without quickly looking through it first.

@Eric Xanthu - yes, I should have the results posted within a couple minutes of the dead line.

Top 5 for Mephisto sent. It's almost time... *prays to not finish last*

Originally posted by: @jjscud

WSK Results

Nikon

Death's Fathom - 16.8
Shadow Dancer - 10.7
Templar's Might - 10.7
Windforce - 9.3
Steel Shade - 6.6
Total: 54.1

Bassano
Death's Web - 27.9
Arkaine's Valor - 7.8
Stoneraven - 6.0
Arachnid Mesh - 5.9
Leviathan - 5.7
Total - 53.3

Aman
Schaefer's Hammer - 23.1
Giant Skull - 8.1
Nightwing's Veil - 5.7
Lacerator - 4.3
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian - 3.8
Total - 45

jjscud
Astreon's Iron Ward - 27.8
Warshrike - 5.7
Tomb Reaver - 4.3
Taebaek's Glory - 3.3
Taebaek's Glory - 3.3
Total - 44.4

Neksja
Azurewrath - 15.6
Boneflame - 10.4
The Grandfather - 9.3
Natalya's Mark - 4.3
Demon's Arch - 3.3
Total - 42.9

Atil
Griswold's Redemption - 11.3
Griswold's Redemption - 11.3
Steel Carapace - 8.1
Wraith Flight - 4.3
Andariel's Visage - 4.3
Total - 39.3

Belcarl
Griswolds Redemption - 11.3
Cerebus' Bite - 11
Spirit Ward - 8.1
Verdungo's Heavy Cord - 4.3
Ormus' Robes - 3.9
Total - 38.6

Naab
Executioner's Justice - 9.3
Head Hunter's Glory - 7.8
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.6
Stoneraven - 6
Nightwing's Veil - 5.7
Total - 35.4

sequana
Steel Pillar - 9.3
Dracul's Grasp - 5.9
Horizon's Tornado - 5.7
Medusa's Gaze - 5.7
M'avina's Caster - 5.2
Total - 31.8

Low Key
Wolfhowl - 7.3
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.6
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.6
M'avina's Caster - 5.2
Lacerator - 4.3
Total - 30

Callador
Death Cleaver - 9.3
Doombringer - 5.7
Firelizard's Talons - 5.2
Gladiator's Bane - 4.9
Frostwind - 4.6
Total - 29.7

NagisaFurukawa
Steelrend - 10.7
Marrowwalk - 5.0
Marrowwalk - 5.0
Harlequin Crest - 4.1
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge - 3.8
Total - 28.6

RIP
Gargoyles Bite - 9.3
Ondals wisdom - 7.8
Mavinas True sight - 4.3
Demons arch - 3.3
Demons arch - 3.3
Total - 28

colony
Steel Carapace - 8.1
Tomb Reaver - 4.3
Anadariel's Visage - 4.3
Widowmaker - 4.3
Nord's Teneriser - 3.5
Total - 24.5

omg
Warshrike - 5.7
Immortal King's Soul Cage - 4.3
Harlequin Crest - 4.1
Harlequin Crest - 4.1
Nord's Tenderizer - 3.5
Total: 21.7

San
Boneflame 10.4
Wraith Flight 4.3
Tal's Guardianship 3.2
Shadow Killer 2.4
Wizardspike 2.3
Total - 22.6

Eric Xanthu
Stormshield - 5
Wraithflight - 4.3
Wraithflight - 4.3
Gris Valor - 4.3
Cranebeak - 4.3
Total - 18.2

Thyiad
Windhammer - 2.5
Ondals Almighty - 2.3
Mavina's Caster - 5.2
Blackoak shield - 5.9
Total - 15.9

Pentathlon Scores
Code:
Nikon          105
Bassano        100
Aman            90
jjscud          **.8
Neksja          85.8
Atil            78.6
Balcarl         77.2
Naab            70.8
Sequana         63.6
Low Key         60
Callador        59.4
NagisaFurukawa  57.2
RIP             56
colony          49
San             45.2
omg             43.4
Eric Xanthu     36.4
Thyiad          31.8

Congrats Nikon on winning the first leg and 5 bonus points to boot.

@everyone - well done, keep in mind this is just the start so there is still plenty time to catch up (or fall behind)

I'm off on vacation now, I'll be back Friday so there'll be no problem with Meph. Meph should be completed on Sunday night and I'll post score late Monday night.

Wow, such nice results there, congrats all, really well done 👍.

And I'm very satisfied with my position in the middle of the competitive field 😃.

I'm exactly where I thought I would be after that event. It was an awful one for me. 😁

Nice score for many runners and some very nice drops. Congrats to all beacuse average score is very high I think. 👍

So far so good for me beacuse 5 points whitch I must catch up is not much for 4 categories. 😃

@sequana: grats for your score beacuse you have really hard build for MF 👍

^ He did it right in the chart though. Bloody IKSC is worth so little. :undecided: If it only turned up unique, I would have a decent score.

I think Eric Xanthu's score is added up wrongly (it should be above 21 from what I see).

Gratz to all, those are some crazy resuts for only 10 hours of runs.

wow, 5th :shocked:

Well, Mephi results will compensate, I'll be in a bottom 5 😁 Not sure if I can even finish this tournee, started in a new job today and it will take my attention for the next two weeks. Gotta figure out something...

Oh, and the Ice Hockey World Championship tournament in Canada. I have to skip eating, sleeping or baaling...

Meph category done. Final score sent to jjscud.

I am happy that I just completed this category beacuse meph can not dropped me important grailers but I am satisfied with non qualifying drops beacuse I found very nice jewelery whitch containing 5 facets and one og them perfect.

After short holiday back to work = baaling. I thought it will be one big pain for me, but I've already finished 2 hours of baaling and it is absolutely great. Average time around 4:30 (p1/p3/p3), I can afford quite decent MF=272 and still resists are okish (most important LR >80) and mainly I don't need CtA, so Naj's Puzzler on switch helps quite a bit, I feel almost like telesmiter (tele-tele-smite-smite-done-gg:grin:). Let's beat people who claim that playing smiter is boring (j/k of course :laugh:).

And in first run minions dropped me Torch of Iro, which I take as a good sign.

Good luck and patience with baal to all.

:shocked: at Nikon's and bassano's finds. Great finds everyone! 👍

Grats to all to their finds 👍

Personally i'm really dissapointed with my results, i did not expected much, but reality is simply too bad...Hopefully Meph will be a little bit better event for my Barb :rolleyes:

Good luck to all 👍

Belated congratulations to everyone for completing Stage 1 and I hope you get good finds (but not as good as mine :wink3:) in Stage 2.

I am getting an incredible parade of non-qualifiers from Meph. Takes the sting out of my dismal WSK performance (and future probable last place finishes).

@jjscud:Results from Meph event sent already, pls let me know, if You received them...Thanks 👍

Final score:Decent :rolleyes:
Number of Qualifiers: 74
Grailers: 1

Hopefully this time i will be higher on the list, score is nearly as good as i hoped, but with so many sorcs around, who knows :rolleyes:

Meph results sent. I didn't get quite where I wanted, but certainly better than WSK. Without disclosing any scoring info...

The good: eth Treks, 2 Kira's, several facets, a Mara's, and a few other graily-types

The bad: 5 Lightsabers, 0 Azurewrath.

Ok, I'm back in town (whatever that means on the net). Remember, for all the remaining events the end is Sunday with scores due Monday at midnight my time (72 hours from the time of this post). So far I've received results, and all the needed info from:

Atil
Bassano
Eric Xanthu
jjscud
Naab
NagisaFurukawa
RIP
sequana
Thyiad

Sent my results.

Mephi results sent. I hope I have time to visit baal during the week, but it looks not so promising :undecided:

I am unfortunately going to have to drop out from this. I only had time to run Meph for about 1 hour during the week and it's not going to get any better the next week. Real life is preventing me from getting enough play time for the next month or so. :undecided:

4:15 hours of baalrunning done.

I am playing on p1/p1/p1.

Average time of my run is about 3:50 beacuse in throne I have time problems with some CI monsters.

For now I have 4 qualifiers bud still no interesting drop. Baal category will make me biggest score problem I think. 😃

I don't know if my score will be any good, but I am relieved to be on Baal. My exp bar is moving and I'm in my sorc's comfort zone (she's my Baal runner). If nothing else this will give me a kick to finish off level 96 after the event.

(Ball gieb moar itamz prx)

Meph results sent. Got about 8 million exp, running at p1.

Ok, 24 hour warning. I only need results from Belcarl before I post so if I can get those soon I'll post the results early.

Meph results sent. I managed to run one extra hour yesterday but it didn't help my score...
Now I'll have to start looking for Baal map which means I'm gonna lose this Meph map :cry:
It provided stable under 30 sec runs...

I am in a similar situation, with only 5 qualifiers dropped in 7 hours :sad2:.

I have a good map (I'll post it later), on the same seed that rolled my Mephisto map, and have gone up a level, but I will be glad when Baal is done.

I'm in a half of Baal running and found ~12 qualifiers up to now, unfortunately quantity isn't the most important...

I just finished 10 hours with very ridiculous score. Qualifiers I have enough but their quality is very low. For my luck I have yet 8 wildhours. 😃

Originally posted by: @jjscud

Ok, here are the results. Everyone made an effort to get their results in early so I'm posting early. I've still no word from Belcarl but he still does have 14 hours to submit, that could shake thing up a little, including NagisaFurukawa' 5 bonus points. I'll follow up once I know everything is final.

NagisaFurukawa
Spirit Keeper - 98.9
Warshrike - 39.6
Ondal's Wisdom - 13.2
Cerebus' Bite - 9.8
Verdungo's Hearty Cord - 7.3
Total - 168.8

Eric Xanthu
Head Hunter's Glory - 54.1
Head Hunter's Glory - 54.1
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator - 23
Demonhorn's Edge - 13.3
Ondal's Wisdom - 13.2
Total - 157.7

sequana
M'avina's Caster - 39.9
Doombringer - 39.6
Naj's Light Plate - 23.2
Naj's Light Plate - 23.2
Naj's Light Plate - 23.2
Total - 149.1

Naab
M'avina's Caster - 39.9
Doombringer - 39.6
Azurewrath - 26.4
Boneshade - 13.3
Alma Negra - 9.8
Total - 129.3

Nikon
Horizon's Tornado - 39.6
Firelizard's Talons - 36.1
Azurewrath - 26.4
Boneshade - 13.3
Stormshield - 5.4
Total - 120.8

jjscud
M'avina's Caster - 39.9
Doombringer - 39.6
Naj's Light Plate - 23.2
Andariel's Visage - 7.3
Blood Raven's Charge - 5.9
Total - 115.9

Bassano
Warshrike - 39.6
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator - 23.0
Demonhorn's Edge - 13.3
Demonhorn's Edge - 13.3
Ondal's Wisdom - 13.2
Total - 102.4

Callador
Doombringer - 39.6
Ondal's Wisdom - 13.2
Ondal's Wisdom - 13.2
Alma Negra - 9.8
Cerebus' Bite - 9.8
Total - 85.6

RIP
Firelizzards talons - 36.1
Boneshade - 13.3
The Redeemer - 8.7
Andariels Visage - 7.3
Andariels Visage - 7.3
Total - 72.7

omg
Doombringer - 39.6
Cerebus' Bite - 9.8
Heaven's Light - 8.7
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.3
Stoneraven - 5.4
Total - 69.8

Thyiad
Azurewrath - 26.4
Boneshade - 13.3
Alma Negra - 9.8
Alma Negra - 9.8
Cerebus' Bite - 9.8
Total - 69.1

San
Demonhorns Edge - 13.3
Boneshade - 13.3
Alma Negra - 9.8
Alma Negra - 9.8
Andariels Visage - 7.3
Total - 53.5.

Neksja
Ondal's Wisdom - 13.2
Wolfhowl - 6.4
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.3
Naj's Puzzler - 5.6
Stoneraven - 5.4
total - 36.9

Atil
Wolf Howl - 6.4
Steel Shade - 6.3
Spikethorn - 6.3
Total - 33.6

Aman
Gladiators Bane - 5.3
Hellslayer - 4.4
Dark Adherent - 1.5
Total - 11.2

Code:
[B]Name          Total    WSK    Meph    Baal   Act5SU   Alvl 85[/B]
------------------------------------------------------------
Nikon          205    105     100         
Bassano        200    100     100         
jjscud         188.8   **.8   100         
Naab           170.8   70.8   100         
sequana        163.6   63.6   100         
NagisaFurukawa 162.2   57.2   105         
Callador       145     59.4    85.6         
Eric Xanthu    144.4   44.4   100         
RIP            128.7   56.0    72.7         
Neksja         122.7   85.8    36.9         
omg            113.2   43.4    69.8         
Atil           112.2   78.6    33.6         
Aman           101.2   90.0    11.2         
Thyiad         100.9   31.8    69.1         
San             98.7   45.2    53.5

Random Meph thoughts: I'm very familiar with the mechanics of alvl 85 areas and Pindle because I've ran them so much. Meph is much more finicky. A tiny bit of good luck and you can score quite well while a tiny bit of bad luck can leave you with a dismal score.

Still, I hope everyone keeps at it, Baal is looking quite rough from the early results so it will likely shake things up a bit.

@Belcarl: Show us your Lashes. =).

3.5 hours into Baal. Couple of Baal GCs, but nothing crazy in terms of qualifiers. It's a pain to type /players 1, /players 8, and /players 3 every game. Don't feel like spending extra time here, but extra AT/Pindle time seems like a waste.

WUT!

I phail. Better get some hawt drops from Pindle at least. Think I'll use most of my extra 10 there.

Meph category was not very interesting in score table only aman probalby had no time for runs 😃
Baal category change table more I think

:shocked: Beaten by Thyiad 👅

I was not expecting to do well against all the Teleporting Soceresses. Baal may not improve matters, but I will be back in full MF for the last two so things should improve.

Congratulations to everyone who got more than 33.6 points and thanks to Aman for keeping my score off the bottom :wink3:

I put alot of effort in to this event, my score shows this.

Good event all round imo, was expecting top 5.

Now I'm kicking myself for not going that extra half hour in the WSK to get a fifth qualifier. Oh well. I've got five hours of Pindle done, four of Baal. Now I'm back to Baal. I am hoping to spend extra time there.

I'm well chuffed I'm no longer at the bottom of the table. For the three seconds that lasts.

(Not too much) good luck, all.

I'm pleased that I placed so well in Meph, but after that second HHG dropped I said to myself "All it takes is one lucky SOB hitting Spirit Keeper and it's all for naught." Should have kept that to myself (or found an Azurewrath instead of five Lightsabers). :sad:

Baal is going well.

Yes, it is.

Fungal Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x81b4b2c5
+30 to Life
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

Oh my, I know this, once I tried if I'm able to kill OKs and you can imagine the result....from that time I always start new game if there are more OKs 👅.

And I'm so pleasant with Meph results 😃, but probably here went all my luck.

I started also with running Tresh Socket (I was decided to run this SU before I found out that I don't have red portal anymore 😁, well this char wasn't supposed as MFer) and I only got 3 very crappy qualifiers in ~ 3 hours, another time I wouldn't pick them up at all, now I'm afraid that they will be among my top 5.

Just a quick note, I've not heard from Belcarl so the results posted earlier are final.

I apologize for not replying earlier jjscud. I've had a RL emergency and need to bow out of this tournament (although I may already be disqualified).

I never got around to spend more then a few hours at Meph, so my score was around 13 points.

Good luck all.

No problem and good luck, I hope stuff works out.

Thanks for getting back and letting me know.

I've finished running Baal 1 hour early, as I think my time will be better spent elsewhere. Pleasantly surprised at my score. Results sent. 9 hours, 7 qualifiers, 87 million XP, 0 deaths.

These are my WSK2 and WSK3 maps. Luckily I don't have to re-roll for Pindle as I have a map with the Portal a few steps below the Waypoint :wink3:

12 hours of Baaling finished and results sent. I've found around 24 qualifiers, but as regards score I could have stopped with running after first 5 hours, from that time no improvement. I'm satisfied with my score, but most probably out of competition.

Best thing here was to reach lvl 94 😃.

There are not many peope here, who have leveled pure smiter to this silly level :p Well, there are generally speaking very few people using smiter for mf :laugh: But your resuls are very interesting (end of boring bizzsorcs and hammerdins, everybody make smiting mf'ers) But the level looks nice in the moor (especially with your haxxx equipment):p

Well done :)

I love baal:

Steel Scourge of Craftmanship
Durability: 120 of 130

edit. But I hate wave 4 boss:

Mal Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Helms: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Required Level: 49

Alright, I'm too tired to run anymore. I finished my Baal, Act5SU, and A85... in four days. :D

jjscud, all I need to do is mail you my top fivers right? Nothing else?

Sent Baal results. Not bad for 14 hours.

OMG! :shocked:

What comes to myself I have 7 hours of Baal done. I'm not doing great yet, but I plan to run him at least 3 extra hours.
I was a bit frustrated yesterday when I was killed by CELE Gloam pack when being LR'd by OK's - exp bar went to zero, since corpse retvieval was out of question :cry:
Long way to 98 :sigh:

Results sent, jjscud. Thanks for hosting!

Good luck to the rest of you!

And just as a little tease to a very awesome non-qualifier I found during this tourney:

Two-Hand Damage: 230 to 1291

It also spawned all the right mods. That's all I'm going to say.

Hand it over. Or at least give me a picture. =D.

Hmm... Ethereal 450 ED/AR/Max/IAS/Self-Repair/Socketed Thunder Maul/War Pike?

Trying to get my last hour of Baal in. I'm interested to see how high the scores go with just ~10 hours invested.

I'm going to try and get my extra hours on Baal.

My only restriction is that I can't start playing until at least three cups of tea. I made that mistake yesterday and died. On P1. :banghead: Lower Resisted + Gloam = Dead.

I've been tweaking my gear again. Mungo crafted a [highlight]great[/highlight] ammy that allowed me to drop a mana charm and get some FHR charms on without losing power; in fact the LCS is showing a +3k increase in damage. :cloud9:

You guys should learn to stack some additional light res to avoid those bad gloam combo deaths :badteeth:

Ugh. I had forgotten how much I hate running Pindleskin. Soul-sucker.

And that's why I did fiver hours of Pindle in the middle of the Baal bit.

Now I have five qualifiers and it doesn't bother me if I never touch him again. 😁

"Finished" Baal. 6:35 done, got 7 qualifiers. All the qualifiers are so crap, that if there's anyone worse than me, he/she has to be very very very unlucky. RL takes too much time that I doubt I'll reach the 10 hour mark either in a5su or a85 category. At least I already have 5 qualifiers from Pindle so I can focus on AT 😃

Also, got something I wanted from Baal's Minions: 5 more to go :)

I'll send the results in a sec.

edit. results sent

Baal runs finished. In the end I did 15 hours worth of runs and I'll have to say that I'm disappointed :undecided:
Well at least I broke the 3 billion exp mark 👅

Result's sent to jjscud.

Sorry jjscud, i'll have to pull out of this.

Baal results sent in. I might just go back to him and not leave: two hours of Pindle yielded 1 qualifier. At least I'm creeping along toward 96. :(

Just finished my own Baal running, I got 30 items in the first 10 hours and then sunk in an extra 8 with even more Mf but still only managed another 15 qualifiers. Unfortunately I know I've got at least one other event that isn't looking so hot with only 2 more extra hours to go.

In about 7 hours I'll post who's info I've got and a 24 hour warning.

I'm trying to get more runs in on Baal jj - so mine will be in on the wire most likely.

EDIT: No, I'm too tired. I'll leave it with 13 hours, 15mins on the clock.

I will sent baal results today evening I have small delay

I've received Baal results from the following:

Atil
Callador
Eric Xanthu
jjscud
Naab
NagisaFurukawa
Neksja
omg
San
sequana
Thyiad

I'm still expecting results from the following

Bassano
Nikon
RIP

Due in 24 hours. Of course if I get them sooner I'll post sooner.

Edit: And I'm completely done with all events, nothing for me to do now but to sit and watch the results come in.

almost 4 hours of AT done. 1 qualifier which came in first 10 minutes and it was almost the worse one. But what is odd? I've not given up or even slightly disappointed. I've never found anything nice from AT so I'm not expecting anything. I'll propably use all the time I got for D2 in AT, because I already have 5 qualifiers from Pindle and those are decent for 4hours.

It's going to be interesting, can I gather even 5 qualifiers from AT. If not, I'm very disappointed.

edit. Wow, first run after this post I got one qualifier more and a little better than first 😃 I gotta start posting here all the time, if it helps me getting better items 😁

edit2. It happened again! After the edit, first run and a qualifier. I don't care that they are crap but at least I'm getting closer of that top5 👅

@jjscud:Results sent already, pls, check Your PM box :wink3:

Edit:I forgot to say more informations...

Hours spent: 10

Number of qualifiers: 14

Number of grailers: 1 (and its one of the most wanted ones :))

And most importantly:My Barb survived this task :) Baal event is not funny for Physicaly dmging HC characters...

results sent to jjscud

I am very dissapointed beacuse I played 18 hours of baalruns without TC87 and now I am without wildhours. :cry:

Almost I dropped OHM rune 😃

Ohm Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: +50% Enhanced Damage
Helms: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Required Level: 57

I do not know if I will be able to finished pindle and AT beacuse I have problems with time for next weeks but I will try finished it.

Originally posted b: @jjscud

Here are the results after the Baal Comp. Persistence pays off.

omg
Griswold's Redemption - 97.7
The Grandfather - 76.8
Natalya's Mark - 38.7
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.3
Gut Siphon - 6.1
Total - 225.6

jjscud
Executioner's justice - 76.8
Bul-Kathos' Tibal Guardian - 32.6
Dragonscale - 19.5
Azurewrath - 14.9
Alma Negra - 8.8
Total - 152.6

Naab
The Grandfather - 76.8
Immortal King's Soul Cage - 39.8
Ravenlore - 19.5
Boneshade - 7.5
Ondal's Wisdom - 7.5
Total - 151.1

NagisaFurukawa
Natalya's Mark - 38.7
Bul-Katho's Sacred Charge - 32.6
Arachnid Mesh - 5.6
Marrowwalk - 4.7
Total - 121.4

Thyiad
Bul-Katho's Sacred Charge - 32.6
Spirit Keeper - 14.2
Gut Siphon - 6.1
M'avina's Caster - 5.5
Total - 98.2

Atil
Earth Shifter - 76.8
Warshrike - 5.4
M'avina's Embrace - 2.5
Arioc's Needle - 2.2
Dark Adherent- 1.6
Total - **.5

Eric Xanthu
IKSC - 39.8
Halaberd's Reign - 11
The Redeemer - 9.3
Demonhorn's Edge - 7.6
Head Hunter's Glory - 7.4
Total - 75.1

RIP
Stormlash - 32.5
Frostwind - 6.1
Horizon's Tornado - 5.4
Total - 58.8

Callador
Boneflame - 11
Spirit Ward - 10.7
Spirit Ward - 10.7
Cerebus' Bite - 10.6
Heaven's Light - 9.3
Total - 52.3

bassano
Dragonscale - 19.5
Halaberd's Reign - 11
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.3
Stone Crusher - 6.1
Total - 50.3

sequana
Ravenlore - 19.5
Stone Crusher - 6.1
Frostwind - 6.1
M'avina's Caster - 5.5
Total - 44.6

San
Steel Carapace - 10.6
Blood Raven's Charge - 6.5
Steel Shade - 6.3
Steel Shade - 6.3
Total - 37.1

Neksja
Wolfhowl - 7.0
Trang-Oul's Girth - 4.5
Ondal's Almighty - 2.5
Ondal's Almighty - 2.5
Hellrack 2.5
Total - 19.0

Current Standings
Code:
Name            Total    WSK   Meph   Baal
------------------------------------------
jjscud          288.8   **.8  100.0  100.0
Naab            270.8   70.8  100.0  100.0
NagisaFurukawa  243.1   57.2  105.0   80.9
bassano         233.5  100.0  100.0   33.5
omg             218.2   43.4   69.8  105.0
Nikon           205.0  105.0  100.0    0.0
Eric Xanthu     194.5   44.4  100.0   50.1
sequana         193.3   63.6  100.0   29.7
Callador        179.9   59.4   85.6   34.9
Atil            171.2   78.6   33.6   59.0
RIP             167.9   56.0   72.7   39.2
Thyiad          166.4   31.8   69.1   65.5
Neksja          135.4   85.8   36.9   12.7
San             123.4   45.2   53.5   24.7

Congrats to all for finishing this demanding category, mainly to all who had above 100 points, that's really great result 👍.

At the beginning I had quite good feeling from my results and now I had to laugh at myself when I was looking for my name and I had to go down and down and more down in results table :rolleyes:, that's MFing, unpredictable 😃.

There's some separation at the top, but it's pretty tightly packed in the middle. o.o. Should be interesting down the stretch. Wonder who will make a move? ;). Nice finds people.

That's really disappointing...I thought I could get 100 on Baal and be back in the competition. No (likely) way to win now, so I'll stick to the experiment: 10 hours max, no extra hours anywhere.

On a funny note, I had never found Head Hunter's Glory in all my time playing D2. I've found 3 in the pentathlon.

Really disappointed I didn't get the full 20 hours on Baal. I knew this would be my strongest event. Oh well. I got 13 hours in and was just too tired. All I was going to do was die if I went on. And I'm in this for the XP.

I've got 5 qualifiers from Pindle with over 7 hours down. I doubt I'll hit 10 hours on him.

I have no idea what Area 85 to run. I'm using a light sorc without any block so I don't fancy AT or those archers in the Pit.

I thought too that Baal would have been my strongest event, but even with 15 hours I couldn't do better than that...
I guess my luck was taking a break 👅

I have the same problem - been even thinking of Chaos Sanctuary, but there's IM threat so there would be lot's of town running because of moron...
Not that there weren't enough LI enemies or OK's during WSK runs :rolleyes:

EDIT:
@lionheart: Ah, didn't thought of that. That sounds like a good place to run. Gotta give it a try after Pindle runs...

RoF: the LI storm casters/abyss knights have 100LR, easily broken, no dangerous missiles, only poison darts from bugs to worry about, the abyss knights should target merc; just avoid hephasto if he looks nasty

I made about 300 baalruns without TC87 I ought to be dissapointed 😃

But It Is nice see some nice results almost I know that baal can drop some TC87 😁

Now I ought to made difference in my strongest categories pindle and tunnels. I will try take podium.

Lost the will to live with Pindle. Tight git. Results sent.

Tried a CS run. Bleugh. Most likely to do RoF. Shoving an insight and andys on the merc.

Ditto, although results not yet sent. I still have all my spare hours left and will probably spend them in AT, unless things go really well there, in which case back to Pindleskin for improvement. At the moment I would rather stick pointy things in tender spots than run him anymore.

Is RoF a good place? Hrus's MF Guide, and my own very limited experience, is that a lot of things drop bugger all.

I've done a few test runs (off the clock). I got gems.

All lvl 85 areas drop the same. Occasionally there is a monster that drops clubs or bows or some such a bit better but generally, the alvl 85 monsters all have the same drop rates. The only real question is speed.

I knew on the beginning that i have no chance to be on the top, while running with non tele char and more than that, in HC...But my current position is worse then i hoped :rolleyes:I nearly gave up this tourney after 2 hours of running Baal, but im glad that i did not...My Lash is sweet reward for my effort...now i need to only decide, which build make around it :scratch:

Nice finds folks and good luck with next areas 👍

Edit:mad:Bassano:You have been defeated by me in one area, this is valuable trophy :)

Not quite. RoF has the so-called "finger-mages" which are of the ghost class. The regular ones don't drop weapons/armor at all. But who cares about the regular ones? (Oh and, instead they have 4x the chance to drop misc items. G_G r00nz)

I've had good success in RoF. The only downsides are big distance between packs and drops hitting the lava.

I find it amusing that we all hate Pindle so much. Makes me appreciate/hide from DC every time I think of it.

Thanks, is nice hear that beat me is hard.
Almost small enjoy after my baal colaps 😃

10 hours Pindle done, 111 qualifiers. Quite pleased with the score, especially after disappointed Mephi and Baal. Nothing fancy. 111 millions to go for lvl95, which I should be able to get from AT, if I can push some extra hours. Haven't spent a single second extra, so I could basically run 20 hours there :rolleyes: But we'll see how much I can run.

Last ten minutes at Pindle. 1 rare Fanged Knife, 1 rare Caduceus, 1 rare Glorious Axe, 1 rare Hydra Bow, 1 magical Diadem and 1 white Sacred Armor. I could have used better quality from those drops 👅

I'll send those Pindle results tomorrow, have to run now to work.

Pindle gave me a big digit on rares as well: caduceus, colossus blade, 2 diadems, 2 coronas, unearthed wand...My only real thanks is that he didn't drop me a gold sacred armor. That would have made me erupt.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High