Ladder Season #4 - General Discussion

Yeah, a rockin' summoner was helping me clear NM earlier. Meteorb sorcie still at lvl 74. Started Act 1 hell but her resists sux too much. (For some reason resist charms don't drop for me). Went back to NM Baal runs.. but had to be the teleporter cuz da rest are just too lazy to try. Died a few times..and still.. nobody offered to run. Wtf's wrong with these people>??

On a brighter note, found my 1st 4os sword this season so it's sexy Spirit time...!

Famous last words are my specialty! :D

I Love my summoners. Always have 2 on standby lol. That's one thing I've been noticing. Currnetly, a lot of pple could not do a run if left to themselves, but don't give a damn or help out if you cark it running yourself. I usually find out after a few runs who the nice pples are, squelch the rest from hearing me and change the run name. Soon I have a run full of decent players. ^^

And I still havn't found a 4sock sword or sol rune. :|

hacks/dupes/etc.

So is the new ladder still full of hacks, dupes, bots, etc? I'd love to come back and play this amazing game but I can't stand all that crap!

Let me know! Thanks!

So is the new ladder still full of hacks, dupes, bots, etc? I'd love to come back and play this amazing game but I can't stand all that crap!

Let me know! Thanks!

One week after the reset and the dupes/hacks/cheats/bots are all back and have been for most of the week. It's almost pointless to bother trading anything you find unless it's perfect ED socketables, Tal set or 50 Travs etc. :rolleyes: You can always play self found only and be just fine, if the lag and game freezes/crashes don't start to get on your nerves.

Anyway, I got my Summoner to the Pit in Hell finally. I managed to find a 4os CS while questing in NM Act 5 and made my first "spirit" RW this Ladder and it rolled 35% FCR. :grin: I muled it over to my Meteorb Sorceress and managed to trade niner for a decent rare wand for my Summoner today. That was the final piece I needed to help motivate me to push into Hell, I beat NM Baal at level 63. Now he's level 69 from doing Pit runs but I had to log off for a bit as BNet is getting rather laggy.

It was taking way too long to find a stable server to be able to do my runs. If it's going to get as bad as it was last season, I'll go back to Single Player for a while until things calm down........in a few months. Maybe by then everyone will have ten of each of their favorite dupewords and the lag will settle down again. :rolleyes:

I have a keyrunning sorc now (lightning, ES) that can pretty much always tele to hell baal. I thought it would be all downhill from there. But instead I get 5 player games made of all sorcs or druids, barbs, and pallies that can't tank half as well as I can.

I have a keyrunning sorc now (lightning, ES) that can pretty much always tele to hell baal. I thought it would be all downhill from there. But instead I get 5 player games made of all sorcs or druids, barbs, and pallies that can't tank half as well as I can.

Haha! That made me laugh. :laugh: I got my Summoner to level 78 doing Pit runs and decided to quest the rest of Hell. I made it to Diablo and had to retreat. :undecided: Having crappy resistances isn't helping much, my army can't kill him if I'm dead. :laughing: Being this far into the game though has opened many options for me, instead of just running the Pit I can do CS, RoF, Pit, Mephy, Lower Kurast etc etc. I'm bound to find some more suitable gear soon and be on my way to Hell Baal. Good luck everyone! :thumbsup:

I tell you what has been my self-found salvation so far: a staff with Teleport charges. My summoner is blitzing through areas that normally take forever without Enigma. Sure, it can be expensive, especially if there's a spot of trouble and I have to do some rapid porting, but the ability to blob my army is priceless. I'll be back to Pits and Mephisto in no time.

(oooh but what I wouldn't give to find a dang Sol rune!)

currently have a lvl 90 pure fire sorc, does pretty well in getting keys and mf'ing halls and meph .. got hoto, some fire gcs and anni for her, although i use a tal mask as head gear ..guess i need a good shako

not enough wealth rite now to get my smiter up and running..need dracs and heaven's lite

zomg another ladder season! I gotta see if my characters are still around... I got a sick greif on NL now if they are :)

After a week of not being able to play, I come back to find that lag is as horrible as ever. It's so bad that I can't even play now.

Otherwise, my sorceress is level 51 *trying* to do Nightmare Baal runs. I say trying because of the serious lag issue. It wasn't like this a week ago. :rant:

From this, I'll be playing a bit of Wow tonight... :undecided:

Yeah the lag is getting to be a bit much now. Most of the time I wait in town for a few minutes to see if the game is even going to hold. It's usually unstable from the get-go though so I just remake. It wasn't like this last week, like you said, as I was able to park a mule/character in one game while questing another character for hours on-end with no problems. Looks like mass duping has begun, just when things were getting interesting too. Geeze, didn't these guys get enough crap to take back to NL to last them an eternity already?

I've pushed deep into Act 5 Hell with my Summoner, just entered the Ancient's Way. It won't be much longer until he's a Patriarch and I was trying to quest Act 1 Normal today with my Strafer but I got irritated with having to remake my game so many times due to lag. :undecided: After I get her leveled and Pit running I'm thinking about a Trapsin and later a Javazon.

This would be more fun if I actually had someone to quest with.

This would be more fun if I actually had someone to quest with.
Are you still playing on West, or are those East characters? I'm talking with Karen right now, and I'm considering starting my West sorceress...

I have actually enjoyed questing alone. It's so quiet and peaceful, except for the occassional message from someone on my friends list. I've actually had fun playing again. Except the lag now is making me wonder why I even bothered. I hope it doesn't stay this way. :undecided:

Edit: I feel stupid. I'm asking which realm you're playing on and it clearly shows in your signature that it's West. :banghead:

I'm having some issues with lag now the last two days, so I haven't played much. I've been walking to the Throne room in Nightmare multiple times to level up a bit. I can't tele because the lag will kill me, which means I can't run my own games. That is a problem since I am in hell (was level 47 when I killed Baal), so I cannot see the Nightmare Baal games. I had considered trying to walk through Act1 Hell, but with the trouble I'm having right now, it's not the brightest idea I'd ever have.

I can't actually complete a Ball run on my own yet...Bratuc often spawns as lightning immune and my merc isn't wearing any gear yet, so there's no chance of killing him or going on to the next wave of minions. Which means it's time to move to the next game and start the trek again.

Someone suggested earlier that I might need more RAM for my computer ... especially since after installing WoW would have taken up so much of it. Looks like I'll have to get another card. :tongue:

Dii Legend said:
I'm having some issues with lag now the last two days, so I haven't played much. I've been walking to the Throne room in Nightmare multiple times to level up a bit. I can't tele because the lag will kill me...
That's one reason I'm scrolling through the forums here - Impossible to do a damned thing. Got realmed for trying to make a stable game. :|

Dii Legend said:
Someone suggested earlier that I might need more RAM for my computer ... especially since after installing WoW would have taken up so much of it. Looks like I'll have to get another card. :tongue:
Only need more RAM if you are running both games at the same time. :) Now, hard drive space I can believe as both games chew up a fair bit to live on. :D

I finally got a nature's peace yesterday. I was running Nilly and got a key. The next game he drops 3 d keys! So now I've got more dkeys than h or t. I'm pretty sure my pally is ready to take on the ubers. I'm really dreading Lilith and Izzy though. Not them as much as getting to them. It's a slow dangerous trek for a smiter, even if I scout the boss location with my sorc. Maybe I'll try to use the PM forum to get a "tp transferrer".

I finally got a nature's peace yesterday. I was running Nilly and got a key. The next game he drops 3 d keys! So now I've got more dkeys than h or t. I'm pretty sure my pally is ready to take on the ubers. I'm really dreading Lilith and Izzy though. Not them as much as getting to them. It's a slow dangerous trek for a smiter, even if I scout the boss location with my sorc. Maybe I'll try to use the PM forum to get a "tp transferrer".

I used to use my Summoner to get the organ from Izzy. My poor smealot used to get slaughtered in there.

I used to use my Summoner to get the organ from Izzy. My poor smealot used to get slaughtered in there.

thats where the 1 point in smite works wonders other than ubers, zeal everything that isnt near an obliv knight. And when you are near one. Smite it to death asap, then zeal whatever is left. Smite wont kill you with iron maiden as fast as zeal will so you may have time to react if you dont notice the IM cast...

izzy himself is easy just kill any oblivs then smite away once he dies snagged the org n run :p

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High