Ladder Season #4 - General Discussion

Both the link here and the Paypal website are working fine for me. :tongue:

Damnit! I finally rid myself of Norton, I guess a lot of it's settings are still lingering about. I'm getting all kinds of display error notifications while surfing here. :undecided: ActiveX crap and all that yadda yadda. Maybe it's just my firewall keeping me from viewing it. I'll check to see.

Hello everyone, hasn't been playing D2 for years and then I just saw the ladder reset and decided to finally play Bnet. Been a SP player since forever. Quite a refreshing experience but I'm pretty much soloing since I'm not very familiar with online play. Wary of scammers and hackers pretty much. Hoping to get some ladder only items. :)

I played for about six hours straight again today, stopping for now at level 42...starting on nightmare tomorrow. I had started walking act2 early this afternoon, then got bored with it and decided it was time to level my sorceress a little bit. I was teleporting my own baal runs with her starting at level 32. I had help from a long time friend this afternoon...he did one game of tombs (I was half way through level 18 when I decided I would start leveling) in the private game I had made (reached level 20 in that game), then he did some cow runs for me until I was 26 (only because he had another friend join and wanted to get him to level 24 before killing ancients for us).

Then the friend that joined us teleported a few baal runs for both of us. When he had to leave, it took a little while to find another run. When I couldn't find any decent ones (you should have seen the flaming going on in one of them...), I tried teleporting in one and made it without dieing (at level 32 and not much to work with). After I discovered I could make it to the Throne Room alive, I offered to be the teleporter for the game I was in (Baalwalk-xxxx), they didn't mind at all. Did that until I reached level 41, made a private game and did baal quest alone (killed him fast, I was surprised! :shocked:), reaching level 42 during wave four. Then I finished all of the quests except my Hellforge, I'll do that tomorrow.

Break time for tonight, time to take on Nightmare in the morning! :jig:

were you on earlier say around 1900 EST???? Cuz I was in a game named baalwalk-xxxx as well... it was tedius until we got someone who started tele for us.. if that was you... ty!!!

just waiting for some drops... thats all...

I finally came across a damn waypoint in the Flayer Jungle, the only one I'd seen in hours. I had to exit after that and lay down for a bit because by then my back was killing me. I ran into and back out of the two dungeons to get the organs so I wouldn't have to start from town again. :undecided: Think I'm about to log in and finish Act 3 before bed, maybe.

Still can't renew my Pal-ship either. It's not my end, I've reset my IE to default, disconnected my router, turned off pop-up blocker and allowed everything from this site and attempted it through all three of our computers here at home. Hell, I even tried from my in-laws and it still wouldn't work. So I've concluded that it's something to do with the last forum crash. Hopefully Elly will get back to me soon.

I know Tri is on vacation but where the hell are the rest of you nubs? I haven't seen a single one of you logged on and I'm seriously getting bored. Going it alone in SP is fine as that's pretty much how it works. Going it alone on the Ladder sucks.

Last edited:
Lvl 80 reached. *woot!*
But until he gets some better gear, the necro is more or less condemned to leveling in the act1 dungeons, even then sometimes it can get dangerous as some boss packs (esp. archer types) can still wipe out the merc+minions in seconds, before one can even identify their mods.

That can get boring, so perhaps it's now the time to level a sorc who has some low lvl gear to play with, thanks to the necro. Can't hurt to have a leg-fetcher on top of a mfer

I know Tri is on vacation but where the hell are the rest of you nubs? I haven't seen a single one of you logged on and I'm seriously getting bored. Going it alone in SP is fine as that's pretty much how it works. Going it alone on the Ladder sucks.
I don't even know what your account is, so don't blame me. Besides, I'm playing on East at the moment, I haven't even started my West character yet. :rolleyes:

i hate duriel the most... that bastard is so fast in that tiny confined space... *shudders* my poor sorc never had a chance...

good luck with big D Rykuss

30 times?! that means you did not listen to nightfish's advice lol.
Besides summon resist, these are what I consider to get through with about 2-3 resummons of the army

1. Golemlord's wand and at least one +skill to hit 10 skeletons at lvl 24 RS (and every extra +skill helps)
2. Reasonably good weapon for the merc (leech and as much dmg as possible, even battlebranch will work)
3. Try to move and reposition the merc so that he doesn't die too quickly to lightning hose, ideally Diablo should go for the clay golem instead, otherwise minions/merc will die very fast

My trick is to spam Gumby right in front of Big D so he takes all the physical attacks...it gives the skellies just that much longer to have a couple whacks before they die off.

Actually I found a Battlebranch in NM Act 2 on my way through the Palace. My "leet" gear so far: "Stealth" armor, rare ring with light resist/ GF/ MF and FCR, blue ring with 10% FR, rare belt with life/mana/FHR/PR, rare bone shield with varying resists/faster block rate/increased block, blue ammy with res all and MF, Iratha's set helm(just found actually) and eth Treads of Cthon. :laugh:

Other crap: a few 5% single element resist charms, varying life charms and a 39%GF GC. I'll be pushing my way through Act 3 tomorrow as I just wrapped up Act 2 tonight. Unfortunately I have an early doctors appointment in the morning, otherwise I'd just play straight through. :undecided:

I got rushed through normal so I didn't fight D with my fishy until NM, but by that time, my RS, SE and SR were maxed and D bought the farm without 1 of my skellies falling. But he dropped **** items...revenge, I guess for being pwnt (hehe).

Wooot! My Meteorber scammed Tal's Ammy out of NM Mephy! :D Sooo stoked - all I need now is the armor. Now THAT's gonna take forever lol.

She might be tough enough to hit hell now. Shoulda built a summoner me thinks.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High