Ladder Season 3 Item Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathil

Jun 22, 2003
Ladder Season 3 Item Fund

NOTE: This thread will inevitably get incredibly long. (first one was 376 posts, 2nd was 163) So when it starts getting long, please read this post and the last page of posts. I will have melianor update this post with any relevant information that needs to be included.

BACKGROUND:

Ever notice how it seems like everyone starts the game by creating an mf char then doing mf runs 2 hours a day so they have enough gear to trade for or find anything they want? Ever wonder what happens to the gear they find that they don't want but is still good, if only for new characters?

We are trying to collect that gear to distribute and/or save for someone who wants it or when it is needed to complete a set.

HOW:

There is a mule account (or 2) set up on each of the major realms that you would expect to find on this site (east, west, Europe).

There are a handful of people who know the password to the accounts. All accounts have the same password so anyone who knows the password can access any of the other accounts on the other realms.

HOW TO DONATE/COLLECT:

Contact me. This is the third time for doing this and with all the things I tried I found this to work best. I have AOL instant messenger, yahoo instant messenger, hotmail listed. You can message me using the forum’s private messaging service. Or you can message me in game.

90% of the time I will be able to help within 5 minutes if I am at my computer.

ITEM QUALITY/QUANTITY:

As far as what gets donated, it’s entirely up to the donators. Low level set items, decent rares, str/dex charms, basic uniques and things of that quality are what I expect to get. We would like to get some decent mid-level equipment (some of the high level set items, low % vipermagi and other good uniques). This was because we found level 80 sorceresses using… well… lets just leave it at bad items.

There was a bit of arguing about what items should be donated. While it may be a "low-level item fund," better items are welcome. I tend to save the better items for the donators when they need them.

As far as giving away is concerned, the rule of thumb I use is one item per item slot. A character has no use for 2 helms other than trading purposes and that isn't what this is about. This system is crude, but I found it to work. We didn’t run out of items last time. For the quality of items, it’s a judgment call for who is giving the items. This may seem unfair, but its simple and anything different would take way too much work.

DESIRED ITEMS:

Because of the nature of the item fund and the fact that it is in the sorceress forum, we need sorc items donated. This is just a list of things that work great low level that people might not think about keeping:

Tarnhelm
Peasant crown
Mana rings/ammy
+1 skills ammy
+3 skills ammy (+3 to a certain tree)
+2 sorc orbs (fcr is a bonus)
bladebuckle (an awesome belt for any char)
bloodfists (again, an awesome item for any char)
low nagels (get a lot of mf requests)
old stealth’s (a runeword, not a item drop, but great low lvl item)
old leaf’s (same thing)
anything with decent amounts of mf

There is a long list of other items I would like to get. But most of them are pretty well known and if you find one, you’ll know it’s useful. So I won’t list those out. Plus, it would seem greedy of me.

WHO:

So far it’s just me running it. I would like help, but I get into an issue of trust. I can trust forum regulars and people I’ve talked to for a while. In the past a few forum regulars have helped.

ACCOUNT NAMES:

ladder (same on all realms): *dii_noob_fund03
(that is zero three at the end)

Accounts:

me (mathil) (east): *mathil3 , *mathil4
meli (europe ladder): *ohmygoddess (i will not be playing too much, so if you want to donate or need some items, send a PM, thx)

(seperate posts to seperate the idea from its current status bc this stuff will change)

status update:
USEAST, USWEST, EUROPE have the '03' account with 8 chars all burned in.

I have been donating to USEAST, so its doing alright. low on sorc items, but like 15 mid lvl melee weps.

sorry for the delay guys, this semester of school hit me like a ton of bricks. i think i have recovered enough to start running this thing again.

non-ninja edit: because i have no way of knowing if the old posts still apply and if those people still need help i am going to start over. if i find myself some time, i may message the last few posters, but other than that, fresh start.

i will still be looking for account names that get posted here, but no gaurentees on that actually working. it has a bad track record. if you want to do that, leave acc name, realm, an idea what you need, and maybe an idea of when you play.

Will start donating a bit myself when i find the time.
I think Mathil would appreciate some of the more regular players to donate items. Remember it does not have to be something fancy. Starting gear is mostly required!
All kind of Armor and weapons that will make life in Act1-5 in Normal easier. After that you will have your usual stock of items from Mephisto in no time ;)

right now, im concentrating on lvling. I am lvling pretty fast, but i die alot. I would wish to use some of these fund items, and in return when I'm finished lvling up, i would do mf runs just for the funds. 1/2 will go to me, 1/2 will go to the fund.

xXRocherXx
USEAST
Home channel: Clan WoH

Thanks,

Rocher

P.S if you have msn, feel free to talk to me. [email protected]

This sound like a good way to donate some of the items i no longer need.

However i have to ask, do you only want donations for sorc/mercs?

Hey, I used to be a regular here, with my max block meteorb.

Just started playin again a month or two ago, and just now on ladder for the first time. I decided to start with a Fire Sorc. Anything would be of great help, as all my friends are on NL and are unable to help.

Thanks in advance.

BTW my acct is *SouthernCookin

Yo... im finding more and more items each day that i wish to donate to the fund. Problem is, your not on and i have to keep those items. Prevents me from getting something good you see. Is it possible if you give me the mule's password so i can transfer it myself. So i have more rooom :D

[I tried PMin you but your inbox was full :cool: ]
[PM me back if you agree or disagree]

PatMaGroin said:
Hey, I used to be a regular here, with my max block meteorb.

Just started playin again a month or two ago, and just now on ladder for the first time. I decided to start with a Fire Sorc. Anything would be of great help, as all my friends are on NL and are unable to help.

Thanks in advance.

BTW my acct is *SouthernCookin

I have the same problem but I'm on east.

yeah.. i just recently restarted as well, and i need some mf items.. im lvl 65 and wearin magic items with mods like "attacker takes damage of one" >.<'
my acnt is *IncessantOmega on USEast

I just started a meteorb sorc and any help would be appreciated. My acct is *phsource on USEast SC Ladder. My stuff really suck. Don't even need to look...

Just started playing again after about 2 years. In typical fashion, I started an MF sorc and will need some of those spare mf items. Once I start MFing, I'll give those unneeded items I find to this thing.

acc: x_BbTaDd1cT_x

uswest

Starting Diablo 2 Again

I have also started up on Diablo 2 again after a long break. At times i wish they didnt delete your characters but it is also extremely fun to start over and build yourself up again.

I have decided to make a Meteorb sorc as my first character to start out MFing and build up my item base again. I would greatly appreciate any help i could get from this wonderful fund that you have decided to set up agian.

My Info:

USWest
account: Shortman098
AIM: Shortman098

Play time can be random at times and consistant at others so hopefully we will find each other at some point :) .

I just started playing d2 after a 7 month absence and i am in need of some items to start a blizzballer sorc for mf if anyone can help id be greatly appreciative.I am escl btw

Hey i played a while back. Ive been playing GW lately but im bored of it. So i started D2 ladder for the first time. i have a pure blizz sorc and i really need some gear. any help would be really appreciated.(im lvl 82 and using 54 defence armor :( :( )

my accont is mikep8900

Howdy, just started playing again after getting bored of WoW (should have listened to my friends). So now i'm starting out again and I have tons of lowbie junk I have no room for, and I saw this and I thought "Wow that's perfect". Helping people and myself at the same time, plus I get brownie points on the forums? TY!!

I also was wondering if you had accounts for HC. The need for items is far greater on HC than SC because on SC you save them/give them to a friend/trade them for something else. On HC people die with items all the time. I play HC only because SC has no challenge to me. I'd love to help out some people if I could.

I'd love to help out if I could, I totally understand the trust thing and that's cool, i'm the same way. Maybe over time it'll all work out.

Message me sometimes and we can talk :)

*Ragmanni
USEast ladder HC.

P.S. I usually play later on at night, almost all day on the weekends. Sometimes i'm on early in the morning EST.

Hi

Same as the others. I've been off since .09b, and I'm in need of some +skill items. My meteorb is lvl 31 at the moment, and in need of some dire help. account is *chrome_cat thanks much. Jason

Hello,

i just started d2x again (dint play 2-3years)
my firts char i made is an fury druid >.< hes lvl 38 atm.
going to make a light/fire sorc after he is lvl 40.

soo..

anyone got some items i could use?!
play on europe ladder
Account name = Xatron
(ah well strait to the point)

id be happy to donate some of my items to this sorc if someone makes a game and stays there i will do 50 mefi ( hell runs ) nad give u all the junk but i could really use a nagiel ring for my mf sorc ;).

europe sc L btw

account - pigglet2

worldowarcraft said:
id be happy to donate some of my items to this sorc if someone makes a game and stays there i will do 50 mefi ( hell runs ) nad give u all the junk but i could really use a nagiel ring for my mf sorc ;).

europe sc L btw

account - pigglet2
will u be playing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High