KTA PTR Run

Re: KTA PTR Run

Anyway I'm up for joining the new run. Maybe I'd like to try..... a Daggermancer!

I've had sooooo much fun with those! I tend to find a mix of Lower Res and Decrepify helps and a tasty Blood Golem (now that the 'damage to you factor' is gone) is a distraction tank that can leech back!
Gear is vital to this build though so untwinked is gonna be evil! FRW will be essential for the initial run-in-and-stab then book before you get mobbed as the Necro's block is awful! Stormshield or don't bother!
I'm jealous of your idea now Pat but i'll stick with my Immozon! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing how far up Mount Arreat you all get today...technically possible in the 2 hours you have without me being there making the game harder for y'all by not acually killing!!!

Anyhoo, good luck today peeps and I will see you in channel no doubt :wink:

We'll try and get this run over with tonight, so you can play some proper Diablo once more :girly:

Should be possible, unless everyone gets blown to bits by Nihla :badteeth:

OK spanky-g's, where's my comprehensive battle report eh?! Nearly didn't get invited to watch the end of run duels! Consider all of your bottom's spanked!!!

Now, shall we discuss the new run in here and then open up a new thread for possible recruitment? (as it seems the new run might well be as full as the old one, w00tz!!)

I died too soon to invite you to the duelzzz ;)

Other than that we made really good progress and were done beating the liviung crap out of Baal's fat arse about 5 minutes before session end.

We found some decent stuff (including a Jalal's and a Treestump) and had a frickin' hard time against Fire Immues :D

Frozen River and Throne had really nasty monster selection:
Gloams, Succubi and Snakes in River.
Gloams, Dolls and Snakes in Throne (they weren;t Fire Immune here though, which helped a lot).

Apart from that it was mostly smooth sailing.

Time to get a new one rolling :)

Hey!!!
Seems the game went well :)
Looking forward to next week, really hoping to get a spot (keeping my fingers crossed).

Pat told me last night she could only use her Jalal's for about 5 minutes! Savage!

Well peeps, any ideas for a new run? Apart from Fire Immunes it was a bit steamrollery so maybe something that is more of a challenge this time? :tongue:

Pat told me last night she could only use her Jalal's for about 5 minutes! Savage!

Well peeps, any ideas for a new run? Apart from Fire Immunes it was a bit steamrollery so maybe something that is more of a challenge this time? :tongue:

Since I haven't been running I don't know what kind of setups you use and how you decide what to play?

As I understand you don't want a team of cookie-cutters (which doesn't seem to be a problem anyways since you now respec).

Sorry if this has already been done, but I think one of the coolest things you could was to try Iron Man. This way you could actually use cookie-cutter if you wanted but it would still be hard.

Some ideas (maybe not to original):
1. All girls.
+ Sexy? LOL
-Only 3 classes to choose from

2. Auradin team
+Run around with all the best auras being almost impossible to kill
+No problems with immunities
-Boring to look at 8 paladins running around?

3. All melee (and no, a Necromancer with skellies isn't considered melee just because he walks in and hits with his dagger :)
+Doesn't exclude any of the classes (well, don't know how well Amazons work in melee)
-Big competition for the "good" items

4. This last idea is maybe a little to crazy.
How about deciding on X number of builds for every class (making the last class random) and the drawing from a "hat"?

Will try and come up with some better ideas before monday. :)

All girls has been done before, a couple of times already actually, so that's prolly not gonna come out on top.

In channel some people were mentioning a Classic run. That could probably be fun, but I have no idea about viability of builds on classic. And I tend to play (semi-)oddballs :D

Ofcourse there's still the possibility that I regain some of my backbone and start making work of university. It's a slim chance, but who knows... I might surprise myself :girly:

Nice ideas MuRRe, everytime I bring up having an Auradin party I get told to do one!

I like the random drawing of classes idea...and I also like the Classic idea...

I think it will come down to a vote but let's see what the others say with the discussion here so that I can open up a new thread for recruitment and get this going again!

Classic would be a nice challenge, with no mercs a lot less auras, damage, but also very tough to get decent weapon for non-casters(>100 ED rare exceptional high end weapons the only decent option, hard to find) so its not that well balanced.

Last edited:

I don't mind voting for the all pally aura team or is it simply 8 variants of Pallys? I've never made a FoH'er before although I did have KTA-PingPong the chargerdin.

So we looking at shockers, freezers, zealots, venge pallys, medics etc?

notice I didn't mention hammerdin?

Holy Shock for me if thats the full vote!

Thanks for putting forward your views zrk n 'turps, hoping the others will show up here n post their views before the coming Monday...

I like randomness quite a bit so I'm up for that. Also, medic sounds cool if we go 8 pally team.
Melee team = I can still try daggermancer? :p

Wouldn't mind giving classic a shot either. So I'm up for all ideas I guess xD
Can't really think of a personal preference at the moment, except that I'd like to try a build that I haven't ever tried before.

I bounced this idea off DK and Ivan. What about an Uber Tristram run. Build a team geared to take UT down (try maybe avoiding a smiter or making it a bit different). Then after kicking hell baal we can do UT.

Thank you Pat, that's good to know, think I might start the new thread with a poll...

In regards to the UT idea, we'd need a BO Barb who could Howl minions away, an Enchant Sorc for AR, a Smiter/Kicker/Fury Druid for a 3-peep-tagteam-takedown of the acual Ubers aaaaaaand...i'm stuck...help me dude!

In regards to the UT idea, we'd need a BO Barb who could Howl minions away, an Enchant Sorc for AR, a Smiter/Kicker/Fury Druid for a 3-peep-tagteam-takedown of the acual Ubers aaaaaaand...i'm stuck...help me dude!

Medic pala would go down a treat. Or one with salvation be nice. You're gna need a nec to life tap too.

My last toon covered both meditation with prayer synergy and salvation and if we hadn't been dumped to non-ladder I might actually have done some damage using an elite staff.

Was quite fun but I don't know if I'd like to play him twice in a row.

This could shape up nicely. Like the idea of a singer/howler, and a neccy is always welcome.

The nec could also get udars for CB, curse away minions, dim vision the mages, etc.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High