KTA PTR Run

oOmpie

Jul 14, 2006
KTA PTR Run

Howdy y'all.

It's that time again, the KTA peckers will have to decide on a theme (or decide to go with no theme at all) and gather a devout group of untwinkers to dive headfirst into that thundering steamroller of demon death and destruction that is theirs.

The first steps have been taken in the previous run's threads, but to keep stuff simple I made up a new one.

So far the playgrounds have been set - PTR.
and the theme has been erm... abandoned :D

Signups so far:
MrKaxe (C) - Immolation zon/dragoon thingy
oOmpie - Insight charger pally - KTA-Thwacker
Sweet_Shadow -
Talman - Poison necro
MrMike - trapsin?

the (C) stands for the big boss man from palembang. This is KTA's head honcho - HE IS THE LAW!1!

Reserved spots (MrKaxe will holler me back if he thinks I'm wrong here) -
drinkturps, PestInReace, KrazeyIvan (after oaths are sworn :p), MrAdam, Snop -
which means if any of these folk decide to join up and we end up with more than 8 it will most likely mean some of the freshmen will see their places taken from them. Yes sorry guys, no first come first served here, we reserve the right to play with old friends. Which could theoretically mean, Sweet_shadow takes my place since he's more senior than me :D

Alreet, let the good times roll and make sure we have a full team next Monday :D

Cheerio!

Edit: which reminds me, KTA is an untwinked weekly session on Monday evenings travelling from Normal Blood Moors to Hell Baal.

We play from 20:00 - 22:00 CET (Amsterdam, Paris, etc).

Re: KTA PTR Run

never done such runs in party play, but i´d like to join this one.

i´ld make a gs-sorc with full screen static

btw, ever thought about making this in classic?

I've played classic untwinked before, too bad we lost track of each other too soon :<

classic would make this more interesting. I'm just gna stay on reserves for this one. Taking a spot is hardly fair on the group.

Also i think snop should be given a definate place unless he says otherwise after all he did finish last run.

never done such runs in party play, but i´d like to join this one.

i´ld make a gs-sorc with full screen static

from my last CTA i can tell you: full screen statick + ench for mellee toons = imba toon. normal flies by so fast, its unbelievable.

Theme: Has to respect in nm O,o

my toon plans: fire trap sin in normal, then ( nm on wards ) pure light trap sin.

on more seriouse note: no rune words what so ever? ( it will mean no insight stick, bah )
rares only items ( hmz, quite easy with rares )
or... IMBA one would be: Magical items only ( would be... hard? )

Whenever we would go classic I would say without a theme, because it's hard enough to get resis + dmg in cl without limiting your gear. Shame we can't start this run two weeks from now though, because the first run I'm still having exams and the 2nd I'll be in Briançon on a snowboarding trip :cloud9: !

Thanks very much for that oOmpie, good job! Only one thing I can add to it, the boring stuff... (yoinked from KTA - All Boys! on page 10 of the HC forums!)

As usual, just to clarify for new faces, these are 'Da Roolz'

1) We play every Monday, from around 7:00pm (1900) to 9:00-9:30pm (2100-2130) UK Time, most European players should add one hour onto that for time difference...

2) We play untwinked, (mostly) full clears with all quests completed in each act. (Note: If we feel we need some key items for a certain build and the limited amount of boss-killing/mf-ing we do yields nothing, then we could see some exceptions later on in Hell when it is becoming impossible to fuction as part of the team e.g a WW Barb using a 1-15 Crystal Sword in Hell would be a candidate for a sword muled in from outside of KTA but this is rare!)
Items are to be shared equally and given according to needs of the current party builds etc; if a charm/item drops, take it and ID it by all means, but shout it out stat-wise and for example, if you find a 6% Fire Res charm and yours is already in the 50's and you are a caster, check to make sure someone else (like a melee-er) isn't in the 20's or if you find a piece of armour in NM and think "My Merc could use that" chances are there is someone in the party who has worse (Fred is notorious for playing through in white items!) so always shout out! It's all amicable play, with the idea in mind of being a strong party!

3) If you decide to join our merry band, please make sure you are there as often as possible...if you think you can't really do Monday's as your schedule is too hectic, don't sign up, sorry, its just rather a bad thing to have a group of 6 in theory, and end up playing with half that all the time but absence is usually posted in the thread beforehand with reason so it's never a problem but excuses of "I could not be bothered" don't cut it...commit people!

4) We meet in channel KTA before each session to discuss, mule off items (I run my slave computer in a game 'ktamule' so we are always in a position to mule!) before playtime commences etc and if the channel is empty, you are late and we are in-game already! The game name and password is given in-channel so please arrive promptly.

5) Most of all, we respect each other and have FUN. We are out to kick the minions of Hell in a challenging way, why not do it as a group of mates eh?!

6) Members of the old run get priority placement on the new run but there will be many spaces left, as well as reserve spaces, so join up today!

That about covers it for the boring stuff...now, discussion...

Hey Krupa, good to have you on board! Your Sorc idea is peachy, Ivan was using Static on the last run before he went AWOL and it was very helpful indeed!

Oh yes indeed...thought's for the future as I wouldn't mind making a run in classic as one of our run 'themes'

I've played classic untwinked before, too bad we lost track of each other too soon :<

You mean the run disbanded before it could complete dude? We shall not do that...I hope!

classic would make this more interesting. I'm just gna stay on reserves for this one. Taking a spot is hardly fair on the group.

Is it just Uni commitments making you feel that way dude or because its LoD? You participated in the last run so you do get a returning spot automatically and i'd rather see you in than out!

Also i think snop should be given a definate place unless he says otherwise after all he did finish last run.

Indeed he will, he deserves it :thumbup:

my toon plans: fire trap sin in normal, then ( nm on wards ) pure light trap sin.
be... hard? )

Let me explain in a bit more depth then dude, you won't really have the items to stretch over 2 skill trees to make a hugely viable build in untwinked party play (that point goes hand-in-hand with my previous point of group numbers and duplicate elemental damages) so we tend to concentrate on the one and cover one area of damage as a group and 8 people letting rip at once with their chosen attack at a group is soooo much fun as well!

Well, I am glad to see there is a lot of enthusiasm for a new run!
I am entirely open to mass persuasion if a classic run is desired by all but i'd much rather warm up the group dynamics with a non-themed, LoD run and if we work well as a team bust into classic for a laff!

EDIT: On this run, I will be in charge of muling and cubing the runes again and oOmpie will be in charge of gem cubing as I want access to them at all times and we seem to be the most consistent attendees! (saying that will jinx it I imagine but meh!)

Last edited:

Since it's PTR I'd say LoD unthemed. Get a feel for the patch, although there does not seem to be too much that requires getting a feel for.

Just to clarify a bit: the only reason Snop (same for Fred tbh) is on the reserved spot list and not in the attendees list is because I don't know if he wants to play next run. And I don't sign people up that have not had their say in this.

Counting fred and snop and Krupa we have a full run by the way:

MrKaxe (C) - Immolation zon/dragoon thingy
oOmpie - Insight charger pally - KTA-Thwacker
Sweet_Shadow -
Talman - Poison necro
KillaMike - trapsin?
PestInReace - ?
Snop - ?
Krupa - gs sorc

Cheerio!

Just to clarify a bit: the only reason Snop (same for Fred tbh) is on the reserved spot list and not in the attendees list is because I don't know if he wants to play next run. And I don't sign people up that have not had their say in this.

Good point although I do hope they both decide to play! I better msg Snop on gauss as he doesn't frequent these forums...

the reason why i said i ll be fire trapper in normal and lighting trapper in onwards was: RESPEC. i can use fire traps in normal because they are stronger in normal then lighting traps ( for light traps i ll need to have level 24 to do at least some kind of damage )

so i am not going dual element, just optimizing my self for max efficiently and not being leecher.

Heheheh, that was nothing against you dude, I just think the idea of respec-ing is pure **** although saying that I will probably end up using it myself by tanking Holy Fire at low levels then pumping Holy Shock later so yeah, might as well make use of it if it is there!

Love you by the way :nod:

Hey guys, it was pleasure for me to travel with you through the unpleasant paths of darkness and evil. I will sign in for a spot if it's still available, ofcourse, and I will be glad to see full group this time. I clearly got no idea at the moment eighter of a topic or a char class, when the time comes, we will see :D

Best Regards,

Snop

from my last CTA i can tell you: full screen statick + ench for mellee toons = imba toon. normal flies by so fast, its unbelievable.

Theme: Has to respect in nm O,o

on more seriouse note: no rune words what so ever? ( it will mean no insight stick, bah )
rares only items ( hmz, quite easy with rares )
or... IMBA one would be: Magical items only ( would be... hard? )

if i´d go with ench plus static, it would help a lot till end of nm but in hell ench looses a lot of power. also purely support is bit too passive for me :whistling:

Whenever we would go classic I would say without a theme, because it's hard enough to get resis + dmg in cl without limiting your gear. Shame we can't start this run two weeks from now though, because the first run I'm still having exams and the 2nd I'll be in Briançon on a snowboarding trip :cloud9: !

classic won´t be that hard, if played right imo.
frosterdin + static sorc + singer barb will + summon/revive necro + psn java could pawn really everything. if u use an additional res/meditation pala nothing can really hurt u.

thx kaxe for the warm welcome :)

That actually sounds very tempting Krupa, I'd like to be that full support paladin then.
And I should indeed think more teamwise, cuz this awesome KTArmy can take anything!

if you remember, you can do naked from act1 and up killing super ( yes, i am translating Uber for you ) trist.

classic does sounds good, how ever i ll stick with LoD because of awesomeness you can get in there ( i am not saying d2c is bad, it is just not my cap of tea any more )

but sure we can give classic a try after this run.

Pat I would have insta-added you to gauss if i'd have realised who you were from here! It's old news now ofc (just read your application post and would have been your vouch!) but I guess I should be a more active mod lol! Looking forward to having you on board as you rolled in KTA before my days!

Hey np, it was fairly easy to find a voucher :). Are you not an active player in Gauss atm (I've never seen you there I think)?

Howdy y'all.

It's that time again, the KTA peckers will have to decide on a theme (or decide to go with no theme at all) and gather a devout group of untwinkers to dive headfirst into that thundering steamroller of demon death and destruction that is theirs.

:D I like your opening post.

Yes sorry guys, no first come first served here, we reserve the right to play with old friends. Which could theoretically mean, Sweet_shadow takes my place since he's more senior than me :D

I'm not a "he" but otherwise yes I agree, totally!
No seriously, I cannot rightfully be called an old friend (because I haven't met any of you) so if my joining becomes problematic just let me know, I will abide by your decision :p

If I'm in I don't know what to build yet -- I will think about it. Feel free to hint at your preferences though; I'm open to suggestions!

Is it just Uni commitments making you feel that way dude or because its LoD? You participated in the last run so you do get a returning spot automatically and i'd rather see you in than out!

I find it hard to remember when it's monday at 7. I have the time to play, and intend on playing but i just get caught up in just hanging out with mates. I had every intention of dropping in on monday but didnt remember that it was monday at 7 untill it was 11 o clock.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High