KTA New Patch/Reset Run

Re: KTA New Patch/Reset Run

Perhaps we could start a rumor that KTA members will benefit from Blizzard giving KTA exclusive play test of the blizzcon D3 demo.... do you think we would get people then? :D

I'm not gonna be in tonight again. Shame. I'm being such a letdown to this group i love. Worste of all is the fact that this run was my idea and i cant even get commited.

As long as you play Shaggy's Mr Boombastic for your date I'll forgive you! LOL

As long as you play Shaggy's Mr Boombastic for your date I'll forgive you! LOL

She wont give me any funny looks. She loves the cheesy music. Lol

Hey KTAers, I am really really interested in some untwinked play. Schedule a new date so I can join! Don't worry, if I confirm that I'll stick around, I will stick around.

Well last night's run was a pleasant surprise!

I logged into channel to find no-one in, I was 15 mins early so I was a bit optimistic and tabbed out for a bit, came back to find Urbz, Fred, Snop and Adam in channel! I pooped my pants!
Ivan signed in more or less straight after and we duly cracked on with Duriel, (minus Adam ofc for the above!) who dropped a whole lot of cack (someone used the Cathan's mail, the rare Brandistock's and Scythe were left on the floor, which I sold in the end!) so we quickly ran on to Act 3 where we managed to get up to the Gidbinn before wild lag spikes kept kicking Snop and then eventually all of us...in the end we couldn't make any games so we jacked it in but it was a damn good session!
Finds were fairly limited but good news for me when a Maelstrom dropped, as the extra curse and CE plusses will help for now, as i'm nothing but a Mojomancer (and as much CE'ing as my mana will allow!) until I can hit Revives time...
Ormus made good on the rings, mine had 27% lightning res and 10% fcr, combine that with 40% light res from Maelstrom and some light res on my shrunken head thing and i'm maxed in Normal!
Very well done to everyone for jumping on and kicking the hell outta some stuff! See you all next week when we will kick Mephisto's head in!

Hey KTAers, I am really really interested in some untwinked play. Schedule a new date so I can join! Don't worry, if I confirm that I'll stick around, I will stick around.

Hey there Fortune, we are not a full group on this run, as one member has dropped out, only problem is we are up to Act 3 Flayer Dungeon Normal and around level 22, near 23...not a mean feat to catch up to that level but obviously untwinked alone might be a chore...are you a member of Gauss? If so, some of the more regular players who are KTA members might be able to catch you up before next week's session, I would but I am a ghost until the reset! Post here if you need account details etc!

Hey there Fortune, we are not a full group on this run, as one member has dropped out, only problem is we are up to Act 3 Flayer Dungeon Normal and around level 22, near 23...not a mean feat to catch up to that level but obviously untwinked alone might be a chore...are you a member of Gauss? If so, some of the more regular players who are KTA members might be able to catch you up before next week's session, I would but I am a ghost until the reset! Post here if you need account details etc!

Hey MrKaxe. Sounds good, I'll see if I can catch up to lvl 22 solo untwinked with a soso, shouldnt be a problem. Yeah I'm a member of Gauss. When are you guys running/time? My account is nnevermann.

Hey MrKaxe. Sounds good, I'll see if I can catch up to lvl 22 solo untwinked with a soso, shouldnt be a problem. Yeah I'm a member of Gauss. When are you guys running/time? My account is nnevermann.

Slow down there. We have a theme to this run. You need to make you character to emulate an NPC. I for example am making a leap attack barb like Korlik the ancient. You dont have to be exactly like the NPC for example you could go Halbu who we all decided looks like a melee pala of some sort. Just pick an NPC and a quirky build for a character similar to it and we'll accept it ofcourse. I personally would love to see a hammer wieling amazon called charsi :D.

Hey MrKaxe. Sounds good, I'll see if I can catch up to lvl 22 solo untwinked with a soso

Glad to hear it man! Feel free to make a soso but we already have one (see descriptions below!) and we are in desperate need of some aura support as the Pala dropped out...

Yeah I'm a member of Gauss. When are you guys running/time? My account is nnevermann.

Good stuff on Gauss...Adam, Urbz, Snop, Fred, well, everyone who is in KTA atm is a member of Gauss so any of those people will be on hand to help you during the week!

The theme for this run is 'NPCs'; we modelled a character based on what we think an NPC would use skillwise, e.g. i'm Nihlathak, we know he uses CE, so I threw Revives and Curses on top of CE to make my build! Ivan made KTA-Adria; a Firewall and Static Sorc, the rest of the party's builds should be listed a few pages back!
We meet at 7pm UK time in channel KTA and the rest of that nature of info is on page 1 of this thread, look forward to seeing you Monday then man!

EDIT: Adam beat me by one minute!

Last edited:

Do you think Akara fights with Fireballs and Frozen Orbs? :D

I dont see why she shouldnt. Your in KTA group now tho so it gives you the freedom to think of some less standard builds if you want tho. If theres anything crazy you ever wanted to try out then KTA is the place to try it.

Yeah thanks. I think I'll stick to this build then, I've never tried it before and I heard its really fun when untwinked.

*edit: On the way there I might just ditch frozen orb and go for pure hydra :p aka the council dudes

Council member sounds wicked to me. If you go the cold enchanted one maybe you could go a frost nova hydra hybrid? or Light enchanted one could be a charged bolt hydra hybrid? those builds right there be wicked. The frost nova be very useful for the group indeed.

******** i wish i hadnt gone leap attack now :L.

Council member sounds wicked to me. If you go the cold enchanted one maybe you could go a frost nova hydra hybrid? or Light enchanted one could be a charged bolt hydra hybrid? those builds right there be wicked. The frost nova be very useful for the group indeed.

******** i wish i hadnt gone leap attack now :L.

My friend, you have just inspired me to no end!

*lifts head up from pile o files

Frost Nova sounds like fun...

*ducks back down again...damn work...shakey fist...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High