KTA - Back to the Roots

MrKaxe

Jul 18, 2006
www.twitch.tv
Good day Hardcore Untwinked Enthusiasts ;)

The last KTA run drew to a close tonight with Nihlathak in Hell (oops! forgot him!) and Hell Cows. After that, I wanted to see how quickly Joe's Firewall would kill my Necro (fast...) and then Joe and Adam had a mini duel in which Poison Nova reigns supreme (as predicted!). We finished up the session with a few Andy runs (of which Joe is king and me and Adam suck!) and an Ironman, which Joe trounced my usual Cold Arrow 'zon and Adam's HappySlap Druid with his Tiger Strike 'sin :p

For the next KTA run I would like to move away from themes and go back to the roots of KTA (hence the title...duh...) where we actually do full clears and don't rush in! I find that with a more balanced party with pretty much all of the drops being utilized (with themes we unconsciously rush on to get our piece of Barbarian gear as someone else got that bit...) we tend to do more full clearing, as well as it being more manageable to do so with aforementioned gear optimization.

That said, this run will be a 'pick what you like' theme (damn, trying to get away from them!) where you choose any character and any build, as gimpy or cookie cutter as you like!

For any new entrants interested, here are the rules:-

1) We play every Monday, from 7:00pm (1900) to 9:00pm (2100) UK Time, most European players should add 1-2 hours onto that for time difference!

2) We play untwinked, full clears with all quests completed in each act. (Note: If we feel we need some key items for a certain build and the limited amount of boss-killing/mf-ing we do yields nothing, then we could see some exceptions later on in Hell when it is becoming impossible to fuction as part of the team e.g a WW Barb using a 1-15 Crystal Sword in Hell would be a candidate for a sword muled in from outside of KTA but this is rare! The core of the idea is to play well as a party, not what gear you have on!) Items are to be shared equally and given according to needs of the current party builds etc; if a charm drops, take it by all means, but if you find a 6% Fire Res charm and yours is already in the 50's and you are a caster, check to make sure someone else (like a melee-er) isn't in the 20's etc...it's all amicable play, with the idea in mind of being a strong party!

3) If you decide to join our merry band, please make sure you are there as often as possible...if you think you can't really do Monday's as your schedule is too hectic, don't sign up, sorry, its just rather a bad thing to have a group of 6 in theory, and end up playing with half that all the time but absence is usually posted in the thread beforehand with reason so it's never a problem but excuses of "I could not be bothered" don't cut it...commit people!

4) We meet in channel KTA before each session to discuss, mule off items before playtime commences etc and if the channel is empty, you are late and we are in-game already! The game name and password is given in-channel so please arrive promptly.

5) Most of all, we respect each other and have FUN. We are out to kick the minions of Hell in a challenging way, why not do it as a group of mates eh?!

6) Members of the old run get priority placement on the new run

7) I manage the runemule which holds the runes for the run and post screenshots with contents on request. Joe (Krupa) handles the gem-mule.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
8)
[/FONT] My word is law...tee hee!

I for one will be going Blade Fury to test the limits of untwinkedness and Adam will be going Frost Zealot iirc. I cannot remember what Joe is going to be!

If you like the sound of this, post here!

YAY!! i won the ironman =)
adam and me kind of ganged up on dean, otherwise he´d have probably won.

i plan to make a FC/summon bear. how much i emphasize on summons and shockwave depends on the other builds really and how squishy we become (probably not much due to holy frost and CoS - but you never know) might throw a bit of maul in the mix if we find a good weapon

Well he seemed the most beefy, but I tried to keep you both low as you both had juves and I didn't :p

I like the "going back to the roots", it's what I wanted to do. Not much else to add; hopefully we can start next week !

Even if it is just the 3 of us I would like to start it next week, would be better to have more but it will be a nice test if we can do it with just the 3 of us :)

haha true bout the rejuvs. i guess u´ll get your revenge in roughly 4 months :p

so next monday it is!

Bad news gents, I have had a few more messages back now and Dean1, klep and even Lukas as a dead cert cannot commit (Lukas might be able to, but he is starting work at Burger King so his schedule might not let him) and the other have not responded so we are starting as a three. Doesn't bother me in the slightest but more runners would be better! Looking forward to kicking some *** although we have all chose to go melee so this will be fun trying to get some damage output!

actually you´re a ranged char dean :p

i assume you know that the LCS damage is complete bogus for blade fury? here is the link to a calc if you want to know what you´re really dealing per shouriken sometime

what do you two think about keeping the mules with us ingame? should we just let them leech quests so they can stay with us in nightmare and hell?

Definitely keep mules in to bolster the numbers :)

I built a tricked-out Blade Fury build with sick damage using a Fury claw (can't remember base claw) and all the standard CB gear but what I meant by 'all melee' is I will need melee gear, not caster gear, which you two will also need, despite the ranged damage ;)

Hello, my Monday shift ends in 19:30 (CEST), so I wont be able to join you. But keep me updated about the upcoming runs, thanks .)

Damn, thats a shame :(

OK dude, maybe in the future that will change and you can join us :)

Speaking of joining us, Tommeh says he would like to join with a Summonmancer! One more person! Woots!

Looking forward to making a start tonight peeps :)

hey guys.

hell is breaking loose at work today. just got called in on my day off. will take my laptop with me and hopefully be able to log in from there.
sorry if i have to skip this one

Apologies gentlemen but I forgot to mention last night that I will be on holiday as of this Friday to next Friday so I will not be around for KTA on the 20th but if you let me know how far you get I can hopefully catch up before the session but I have work on the Saturday I get back (25th) so it might be a bit of a stretch!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High