Its MFO Time!

Re: Its MFO Time!

I'm a touch typist. Skill-changing never bothered me. I actually had so many hot keys on my first character, I ran out of buttons. I never use the mouse wheel for skill changing. Keys all the way.

Oh and I think it's the little skellies on wave 2 that poison more than the big guys.

EDIT:
Sure I'd posted them before but:
Dread Stalker
Wyrmhide Boots
Fingerprint: 0xd7156815
Cold Resist +16%
Poison Resist +23%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Don't forget lightening has a range. If I was at the lower end of that range on that run it would take a while than if I hit the top of the range. As I said, they are both average runs. Not great. Not TERRIBLE. :)

Last edited:

Nice vids Thy. I just don't understand how it takes you so long to kill wave 4 :p They usually melt under my lightling. Rest is just nice.

And show us your boots, I'm curious what are those :)

This thing gave me some more motivation for running:
Code:
Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 40
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xcc3fc389
+20 to Life
+15 to Mana
but it's still far cry from what I was capable last time :(

Virtue: Just your name / category / top five finds thus far. See post #1 of this thread for more details. In any case, you don't *have* to send your results in now. If it's later, I can just throw that into the second standings report a few days from now. :)

EDIT: Nice charm, frozzzen. :D

An awful day, just awful.
I managed to pull a 150 runs long "no uniques whatsoever" streak; when they started dropping, the rare qualifiers among them didn't change the score at the end of the day; I was about to level up at the start of the day, but due to deaths, I was finally able to level up in the last 20 runs; for an unknown reason my runs started to get slower which caused the average time to rise to 65 seconds (and with 720 runs done, that's quite a change).
If I'd known that today would be so crappy I probably wouldn't play at all. The only thing keeping me going were decent non-qualifiers posted below:
Code:
Entrapping Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 42 
Fingerprint: 0x436b7428 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only) 

Fletcher's Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x7b9e7f2f 
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only) 

Trainer's Grand Charm of Strength 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x936a600b 
Unidentified 
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only) 
+3 to Strength 

Lem Rune 
Required Level: 43 
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters 

Lem Rune 
Required Level: 43 
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters 

Mal Rune 
Required Level: 49 
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal 
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7 
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Pul Rune 
Required Level: 45 
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons 
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons 
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense 
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Pul Rune 
Required Level: 45 
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons 
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons 
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense 
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Required Level: 49 
Fingerprint: 0xd43b0149 
Item Level: 88 
Unidentified 
100% Chance to cast level 29 Blaze when you Level-Up 
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage 
-3% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
+3% to Fire Skill Damage 

Um Rune 
Required Level: 47 
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds 
Armor: Cold Resist +15% 
          Lightning Resist +15% 
          Fire Resist +15% 
          Poison Resist +15% 
Shields: Cold Resist +22% 
            Lightning Resist +22% 
            Fire Resist +22% 
            Poison Resist +22% 

Highlord's Wrath 
Amulet 
Required Level: 65 
Fingerprint: 0x4b10b633 
Item Level: 88 
+1 to All Skills 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage 
3% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level) 
Lightning Resist +35% 
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

1000 runs done! :D

I have met my goal, and sent in my scores. This is certainly the most sustained MF effort in which I have ever engaged.

... and yes, I think I will keep going. ;)

Some of the non-qualifying items posted are VERY nice! Definitely worth the effort when you find some of the juicy stuff.

@Thy: Watching your vids makes me want to build a pure lightning sorceress. :) Looks like fun!

At the end of day 3, my mfo qualifiers stash (yes, I really named it that xD) has now swollen to a grand total of [highlight]7[/highlight] itamz. Only about 2x qualifiers per day if my math is correct. FAIL. Further adding insult to injury is my nonqualifiers have been equally as sparse. Thems are the breaks, I guess, but I keep plugging away.

And as a special treat for all our friends at team SLOWMG,

screenshot021resize.jpg

Nanner nanner nanner :D

Last edited:

To all those in the Other Level 85 Areas category: I plan to post the first standings in roughly 20 hours from this post. Might be slightly later, depending on RL, but that's the plan. Please have your updates sent in to maareek (at) gmail (dot) com by then.

Hmm, last place thus far in Baal...at least my goal of a top 10 finish is still looking strong. :badteeth:

It seems Blizzard has seen fit to end the SC2 beta earlier than anticipated, namely on Monday the 19th (tomorrow), so I *may* end up getting in more runs than previously expected. Still proleague playoff Starcraft action to watch, though, so don't start shaking in your boots just yet, fellow Baal runners. :rolleyes:

[highlight]Pindleskin category, 1st update:[/highlight]

1. roshen
2. Fabian
3. Mungo
4. nualum
5. jdkerr
6. a sad mfer

Nice results, keep going :thumbup:.

(if I receive some other update soon, I will edit this post)

And as a special treat for all our friends at team SLOWMG,

Nanner nanner nanner :D

I was going to wait until after the MFO, since there's at least some controversy over the crazy influx of rune shots, but for the sake of the team:

PitsMFOSurRune.jpg

PitsMFOBerRune.jpg

PitsMFOChamRune.jpg

PitsMFOChamRune2.jpg

PitsMFOZodRune.jpg

(...with some change, on the side: 2x Vex, 6x Gul, and so on.)

:p

Not 100% sure on run total since the counter overworks my computer for whatever reason, but my paper/pencil method gives 1733, ie. level 85 to 95.5 with 10 deaths from 93 to 95.5. No more running until Friday at the earliest though. :(

I'm in the lead? I'm in the lead????

Er, I mean, of course I am. That's how I planned it. Hmph.

NagisaFurakawa said:

:shocked:

Holy Cow, man. Even if you don't find a single Dangoon's Teaching I'd still consider your MFO a success. Not only are you finding HRs, but you still squeaked out a few Gul and Vex as well. Other than my 1 HR, I've found nothing higher than a bloody Io, and only one of them at that. :whistling:

And I don't have any run counters or the like installed but I've done no where near the amount of runs you have. If I can hit 1700 runs total for the whole MFO I'd surprised.

I'm terribly sorry, especially to my Kittens!!! team-mates, but my game files have somehow been corrupted and I can't get D2 to run properly. By the time I go through the whole backup characters and stashes, uninstall, reinstall, repatch, and reinstall RWM, Trenshadow, runcounter, 3dfx glide wrapper, and make sure everything is working properly and I haven't lost anything, I won't have much time left to run. Part of this is that the first thing I have to do is find my bloody game discs! So I am very regretfully pulling out.

Wow Nagisa! That is quite the rune collection you`ve got there. Your number of runs are very scary as well!

Edit: I`m with nualum: Um is my highest rune so far. So far I`ve not seen much that indicates that Blizzard has increased the rune drops outside of LK:(

Last edited:

Holy cow indeed! I'm running pindle and I'm not much past that count. Highest rune thus far is an Um, not that I'm expecting much in that department.

First update sent. Decent amount of qualifiers so far (for the small number of runs), no comment on the quality ;)

Crap, second place! 40% into it, I had all of my top 5, so I think it's time for some improvement. Starting to get why Pindle can be boring :)

Also, highest rune is a Lem.

No point in posting my rune drops. I'll just shame myself.
Best might have been a Vex. And someone here thinks that's change!
But seriously Nagisa, sure you're not still running 1.13b:badteeth:?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High