In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread ifr

Re: In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread

Hey said:
To the first question - yes. That's about all we have to go on.

Oh really? So you think you are suspicious from the way you phrased that sentence?

Hey said:
To the second one - no. Why would I have anything to fear?

I can be as frightening as Thyiad without her coffee in the morning … reducing the most strong willed lad to whimpering puppies.

Laarz said:
Don't know who would do that but in the star trek story it was done by whoever was in charge at the time aka the commander or captain. On Mara's death maybe they wanted him to know who was killing him,or just Gorny's way of telling the story of his death.

You’re saying that a Starfleet officer put Loz in there? I’m I right to say that I think the Starfleet officers are the good guys in this game?

What I mean in Mara’s death is that his murder seems more professional, stunned then killed … not much suffering on his part.

Ankeli said:
Zhao, nemas fnie. Yruoe suetp yruos trluy. Cnoretehs wtih Asrrin? AIOCRLK!

You set me up and now you are trying to take me down. That’s the last time I’m friendly with you!

ITY said:
Mara's play style was quite consistant with how he usually seems to play so not really. He did seem to have it in for you and Ank however - do you feel anyone on your case is automaticaly suspisious?

I felt he was purposely being non-confrontational, I’d make a point and he’d back off and be quiet, not addressing the issue. This avoidance to detail is not typical Mara.

Yeah, usually if someone is going out of his way to pursue me, he’s suspicious. Heck, that’s why everyone voted for me yesterday.

ITY said:
I feel a vigi wouldn't go until they are pretty certain which is why I suspect a SK. What happens over night should hopefully clear up the SK/vigi discussion.

I suppose you have a point, since I know you were VIGI in one game.

Spudnik said:
Kadir beneath Mo Moteh

Unvote: Outside The Whale

Vote: Ankeli

Sokath, his eyes uncovered/opened

Uzani, with fists closed

So you are voting for both Ankeli and I because you think we are in cahoots with each other?

Your talk is from that TNG episode where Picard and that alien were trapped on the planet and had to knife fight another alien.

Noodle said:
I'm having a bit of trouble accepting Ankeli's role claim.

ITY said:
Myself also- he's claimed early and it's a role to kill a mafia if he's targeted so why tell everyone- surely the idea of the role is to take out an unsuspecting mafia not broadcast it to everyone!- now if his claim is true his role is useless.

Hey … how come when I say the same thing I get no credit? I’m a sad panda.

Having thought about more,I thinkyou may be right,also think that a SK killed Mara not a Vigilante, SK doesn't care who he kill's. Maybe Mara stepped on his or her toes.
If that's the case, then who was Mara against most yesterday?

I_Told_You: Is it possible we have 2 evil factions? I was reading more about the mafia game and I saw a bunch of permutations. Is there something that leads you to think there's an SK over 2 evil factions? I ask this mostly in ignorance. I'm sure there's clues that are obvious to some that I'm missing.

Again, I'm not discounting a SK or a vigilante. I just don't see the reasoning that leads you to sk first. Not suspicious, just want to understand.

I play irc mafia occasionally, and the scum count goes roughly like this:

3-6, 1 scum.
7-8/9, 2 scum.
9-(about)12, 3 scum.

I've not gone over twelve players though. Also, it occasionally tosses out two mafia factions, as opposed to two mafia and a serial killer.

I guess, to make a long story short, it's possible.

Also, I agree with Dii Legend, it looks like he still wants to be lynched.

For now:

Unvote: KrazeyIvan

Airlock Vote: Ankeli

If he really is the starfleet captain, the only ability I can extract from his posts is that he kills the person trying to kill him at night. Considering he's already revealed this, I doubt somebodies going to nightkill him.

Perhaps he's some sort of super saint, and whoever hammers him will be killed too? Not sure if we even have those in these games though.

I'm going to re-read his posts at some point to make sure I didn't miss anything though.

~Hey

Zhao_Yue said:
Oh really? So you think you are suspicious from the way you phrased that sentence?

What? I said that just about all we have to go on right now is how people act. Explain why I think I'm suspicious. I'd like to know what a suspicious sentence looks like, so that I can use the knowledge to hunt down the scum group.

Zhao_Yue said:
I can be as frightening as Thyiad without her coffee in the morning … reducing the most strong willed lad to whimpering puppies.

I like puppies, so I'm fine with that.

~Hey

Why would Ankeli claim that so early? He’d want to keep that a secret so he’d be targeted and take out an anti-town with his supposed ability. He wasn’t even close to being lynched yesterday. False claimer?

Hey … how come when I say the same thing I get no credit? I’m a sad panda.

Perhaps it's your post length.

I only found it when you pointed it out- my attention span is limited.

Now what was I doing...........

Zhao_Yue said:
What I mean in Mara’s death is that his murder seems more professional, stunned then killed … not much suffering on his part.

Could we have a "hired killer", like Boba Fett (or however you spell it - and yes, I know he's from Star Wars), instead of a serial killer? Perhaps a condition of some sort has to be met each night in order for him to kill? Could he be linked to someone, in such a way that, if the person gets lynched or killed, he'll commit suicide?

Just speculation, I've no idea really.

I_Told_You said:
Perhaps it's your post length.

I only found it when you pointed it out- my attention span is limited.

Now what was I doing...........

You were taking your ADD pills.

~Hey

Oh I forgot- see what I mean!

Airlock Vote: Ankeli

What? I said that just about all we have to go on right now is how people act. Explain why I think I'm suspicious. I'd like to know what a suspicious sentence looks like, so that I can use the knowledge to hunt down the scum group.

Just asking, no need to get jumpy. I was just wondering if you felt that you were suspicious from your previous statement, but you didn't know since you don't know what a suspicious statement looks like.

If you don't know what a suspicious statement looks like, how are you supposed to help identify suspicious individuals? I thought you played this game before so you'd know what to look for. I'm confused.

Kadir beneath Mo Moteh

Unvote: Outside The Whale

Vote: Ankeli

Sokath, his eyes uncovered/opened

Uzani, with fists closed

From STwiki
"Uzani, with fists closed" - to close rank and attack after luring the enemy
"Sokath, his eyes uncovered/opened" - understanding/realization
"Kadir beneath Mo Moteh" - failure to communicate/understand

Spudnik is trying to commuicate with us using Tamarian.

The Tamarian language was the spoken language of the Tamarians. Federation Universal Translators, although they successfully translate the words, present the syntax as almost nonsensical, because the Tamarians speak entirely by metaphor, referencing mythological and historical people and events from their culture. from the Star Trek wiki

Seriously, to the Starfleet Engineer ... could you be a little more subtle in your postings - when going back to do read overs, I've already spotted 2 hints in this game that identify who you are. I prefer that we not lose our town powers roles because of carelessness.

That is all.

Zhao_Yue, if this is a mirror universe people are the oppisite of normal so it could happen,right? hope that answers your question.

Zhao_Yue said:
If you don't know what a suspicious statement looks like, how are you supposed to help identify suspicious individuals? I thought you played this game before so you'd know what to look for. I'm confused.

I was trying to imply that I didn't think my statement was suspicious by acting in ignorance of what a suspicious statement would look like, considering there's no reason for it to be suspicious.

Also, how do we un-airlock vote?

Airlock Unvote: Wickedswami

Like that?

~Hey

Zhao_Yue, if this is a mirror universe people are the oppisite of normal so it could happen,right? hope that answers your question.

If that is true, I`d like to suggest that the cop investigates himself to make sure he doesnt get bad reads.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the mirror universe means that all character incarnations could be included here, that is: The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager, Enterprise (John Archer one) and any spinoffs/movies I missed.

I was trying to imply that I didn't think my statement was suspicious by acting in ignorance of what a suspicious statement would look like, considering there's no reason for it to be suspicious.

KK, I guess I'm not suspicious of you not being suspicious of your suspicious statement implying you were suspicious. Thanks for clearing that up. :wink:

Zhao_Yue said:
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the mirror universe means that all character incarnations could be included here, that is: The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager, Enterprise (John Archer one) and any spinoffs/movies I missed.

I believe you're right. It's not a mirror universe, it's The Mirror Universe.

Wikipedia said:
The Mirror Universe (MU) is a fictional parallel universe in which the plots of several Star Trek television episodes take place. It is named for "Mirror, Mirror", the original series episode in which it first appeared.

~Hey

I'm just going by the title Gorny used for this In a mirror, darkly, that was a story of a mirror universe with people that were the opposite of what the were in in the other universe.

Looks to me as though he agrees with the jester role having post restriction, but is denying the jester as his role.

Set course: 000.000

I want to hear it straight from you Krazeyivan, you want to us to lynch you but you claim you're not the jester?

When you were quoting my posts yesterday on random voting you, you were referring to a desire to be lynched? Or you were saying I was suspicious?

When you were quoting my posts yesterday on random voting you, you were referring to a desire to be lynched? Or you were saying I was suspicious?
That was his desire to be lynched.

That was his desire to be lynched.

Explain how killing someone will 'reset' their system? Throwing a malfunctioning computer out into space won't change the fact that it's malfunctioning.

I thought roles in this game was only composed of humanoid beings, not inanimate objects. You can't 'kill' a computer in the normal sense.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High